Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cuddy Group in talks with receivers 15:00 - Jul 20 with 2933 viewsLandore_Jack

Workers at one of the biggest names in the Welsh construction sector are facing uncertainty over their jobs after it gave formal notice of its intention to appoint receivers.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cuddy-group-talks-receivers-staff-

#backtojack

Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 17:28 - Jul 20 with 2778 viewsmajorraglan

Let’s hope something can be sorted and that the workers will be paid and the jobs saved.
Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 21:36 - Jul 20 with 2591 viewsKilkennyjack

Very sad

Beware of the Risen People

Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 21:41 - Jul 20 with 2576 viewsmoonie

It really does upset me to read stuff like this .

I feel for people trying to secure some future in life
Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 08:30 - Jul 21 with 2415 viewsWhiterockin

Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 17:28 - Jul 20 by majorraglan

Let’s hope something can be sorted and that the workers will be paid and the jobs saved.

Not necessarily helping with wages outstanding, but could help with workers future. Could be the final nail in Cuddy's coffin if the workers walked out on Tuesday. Long servers could lose possible redundancy payments though. Tough decisions this weekend for the workers.

"House builder Persimmon says it can take on all of Cuddy's groundwork staff.
Martin Smith, managing director of Persimmon Homes East Wales, said: “We are delighted to be able to offer all of Cuddy’s groundwork staff new jobs at Persimmon Homes. In excess of 100 people could transfer from Cuddy into our business. This is fantastic news for these people, who would otherwise have been out of work.
“We are meeting with the workers on Monday and, should they wish, they can start with us on Tuesday.
“They will become part of the Persimmon team and we are able to offer good pay and a long-term, stable future."
Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 20:38 - Jul 23 with 2104 viewsswanforthemoney

Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 08:30 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

Not necessarily helping with wages outstanding, but could help with workers future. Could be the final nail in Cuddy's coffin if the workers walked out on Tuesday. Long servers could lose possible redundancy payments though. Tough decisions this weekend for the workers.

"House builder Persimmon says it can take on all of Cuddy's groundwork staff.
Martin Smith, managing director of Persimmon Homes East Wales, said: “We are delighted to be able to offer all of Cuddy’s groundwork staff new jobs at Persimmon Homes. In excess of 100 people could transfer from Cuddy into our business. This is fantastic news for these people, who would otherwise have been out of work.
“We are meeting with the workers on Monday and, should they wish, they can start with us on Tuesday.
“They will become part of the Persimmon team and we are able to offer good pay and a long-term, stable future."

It seems the owner has been in hospital for six months with some unpronounceable illness, according to Walesonline. Far too many businesses are exposed to 'key person risk' where projects or whole business depend on the expertise of a single person. For everyone's sake, I hope the receivers manage to pull it back together. It's difficult to see how they will if the workforce gets poached, though. I suppose everyone has to look after themselves ultimately. Good luck to them.

I stand in the North Stand

Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 20:49 - Jul 23 with 2071 viewsdickythorpe

Something doesn't add up here.
How can Cuddy say "no one stepped up when I was ill"?
Surely a business that big especially in demolition be reliant on one man and one man alone?
Tough times for all and that persimmon bloke was quick to poach.
Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 20:57 - Jul 23 with 2046 viewsNeath_Jack

Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 20:38 - Jul 23 by swanforthemoney

It seems the owner has been in hospital for six months with some unpronounceable illness, according to Walesonline. Far too many businesses are exposed to 'key person risk' where projects or whole business depend on the expertise of a single person. For everyone's sake, I hope the receivers manage to pull it back together. It's difficult to see how they will if the workforce gets poached, though. I suppose everyone has to look after themselves ultimately. Good luck to them.

Aye, that's what he wants the public to believe. The truth of the matter is oceans away.

As always with these situations, it's the normal workers who are and will suffer, while Mike will pop up with another company in no time at all. Him and Jenkins would make lovely bedfellows.

Does it mention in the article that his brother sold his stake in the company in April?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 21:11 - Jul 23 with 2025 viewsScotia

Cuddy Group in talks with receivers on 20:49 - Jul 23 by dickythorpe

Something doesn't add up here.
How can Cuddy say "no one stepped up when I was ill"?
Surely a business that big especially in demolition be reliant on one man and one man alone?
Tough times for all and that persimmon bloke was quick to poach.

I had some dealings with Mike a while ago.

I'm wondering why his brother and (at least at that point) joint director John didn't step in when he was hospitalised.

Hope the workers find other employment, I'm pretty certain the Cuddy's will be fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024