Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium car parking 15:47 - Jul 21 with 8186 viewsCroftyjack

Living some way from the stadium I have always purchased a car park season ticket...yes it's pricey but with a 93 yr old grandad who has followed them since he was about 8 I have no choice as he can't walk far.
Today I received the option to buy the new one which is normally 210 and has been for a few years...but the letter states that as this is regarded a premium product it will rise to 280!!!..a 25 percent rise.
With relegation I anticipated a freeze on it not a humongous rise.
My grandad is gutted as I said I will not pay for it as it disgusts me to the core how the fan is being treated.
There is a did out for blue badge holders of 170 which my grandad held since his heart problems but was taken off him this year by the govt as they consider him physically better at 93.
He actually said he won't go anymore as they making it too difficult.
Sorry for the rant but it really got me angry and sad to see how the club and govt treat people.
Stadium car parking on 21:42 - Jul 21 with 2235 viewsFireboy2

Stadium car parking on 21:21 - Jul 21 by Croftyjack

Thanks Fireboy its a great offer but will have to try find it myself as wont see my granddad suffer as he loves the swans and is probably one of the longest serving fans still alive.
He used to take me when I was 7 and up until about 18 when I met other fans my age I have recently returned the favour to take him.
I am not looking for sympathy or nice gestures but more making the point about the club and I believe with the stadium purchase and relegation they need to milk more from us.
I was going to buy some clothes from the shop for the new season but almost certainly will never under the current regime.
Thanks all though...people are nicer than they act on here!

I get where you are coming from crofty but life is too short

I will gladly send you the money

Pay me back when you can

Or just buy me a pint every time you see me
Stadium car parking on 07:16 - Jul 22 with 2104 viewsAguycalledJack

Stadium car parking on 21:27 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

Crofty. Stu is going to raise your case with the club on Monday.

He wasn’t aware of the increase.

Trust being ignored again?
Stadium car parking on 07:42 - Jul 22 with 2096 viewsAndy1300

Stadium car parking on 21:24 - Jul 21 by Darran

I’ll be be honest here if the club don’t sort this one out (and I think they will) we should all chip in and pay grandads parking.

I would be happy to contribute.

This is shocking

Number 1 team in Wales

Stadium car parking on 07:47 - Jul 22 with 2088 viewsSTID2017

Stadium car parking on 21:28 - Jul 21 by Darran

I agree with you to an extent but I don’t really care about people that don’t need to park there.

Correct Darran. My wife needed special parking priveleges for 30 years and I always made sure that we were able to access them.
The likes of me can happily park 10 minutes walk away and stroll to and from the games.
Personally I would like to see free parking for Blue Badge holders everywhere.
Maybe "our club" could lead by example ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Stadium car parking on 08:07 - Jul 22 with 2062 viewsAndy1300

Just seen this

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-launch-fan-focus-groups

Perhaps this is a way to express our disgust at these charges and other issues

Number 1 team in Wales

Stadium car parking on 08:11 - Jul 22 with 2056 viewsbuilthjack

Stadium car parking on 07:47 - Jul 22 by STID2017

Correct Darran. My wife needed special parking priveleges for 30 years and I always made sure that we were able to access them.
The likes of me can happily park 10 minutes walk away and stroll to and from the games.
Personally I would like to see free parking for Blue Badge holders everywhere.
Maybe "our club" could lead by example ?

It's free in Powys for blue badge holders,but the Council are now trying to take that away. However, they are facing huge opposition.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 8:12]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stadium car parking on 10:04 - Jul 22 with 2008 viewsDewi1jack

Stadium car parking on 08:11 - Jul 22 by builthjack

It's free in Powys for blue badge holders,but the Council are now trying to take that away. However, they are facing huge opposition.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 8:12]

Truthfully, I don't mind paying REASONABLE fees for parking in a disabled bay, as the benefits to me (with walking at times) outweigh a couple of quid an hour.
Trouble is the stadium are charging about £5-6 an hour.

Yes I understand supply and demand, but the club could have built a 3 or 4 level multi storey car park on their own car parks during one of the summers and solved a lot of parking issues in one go.
And increased revenue for the club for 19+ games a season.

Does anyone know how to start one of those crowdfunding thingies?
Maybe someone could do it for Cofty's gramps, post a link on here and we can all chip in.

My dad got me hooked watching the Swans at Tosh's first game- my dad was a Koppite ST holder!
Would hate to think that if he was still around, I couldn't take him to a game just because of parking

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Stadium car parking on 14:22 - Jul 22 with 1902 viewsAguycalledJack

Stadium car parking on 08:07 - Jul 22 by Andy1300

Just seen this

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-launch-fan-focus-groups

Perhaps this is a way to express our disgust at these charges and other issues

In my view the club shouldn’t need anything more than the trust regarding such matters.

If the club ignore the trust, a percentage shareholder, do you really think they are going to pay any attention to these focus groups?
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium car parking on 14:28 - Jul 22 with 1888 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium car parking on 07:16 - Jul 22 by AguycalledJack

Trust being ignored again?

Not consulted rather than ignored would be more accurate in this situation I think.
Stadium car parking on 18:14 - Jul 22 with 1787 viewsAguycalledJack

Stadium car parking on 14:28 - Jul 22 by londonlisa2001

Not consulted rather than ignored would be more accurate in this situation I think.

Is there a difference?
Stadium car parking on 19:31 - Jul 22 with 1739 viewsFlashberryjack

Stadium car parking on 18:14 - Jul 22 by AguycalledJack

Is there a difference?

Same horse different Jockey.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Stadium car parking on 15:07 - Jul 23 with 1612 viewslondonlisa2001

Crofty - Stu has spoken with the club this morning as promised and Lucy Norman would like you to contact her so that she can deal with this for you.

She is at :

support@swanseacity.com

She is expecting your email.

Good luck in sorting it out.
Stadium car parking on 22:10 - Jul 23 with 1530 viewsCroftyjack

Stadium car parking on 15:07 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

Crofty - Stu has spoken with the club this morning as promised and Lucy Norman would like you to contact her so that she can deal with this for you.

She is at :

support@swanseacity.com

She is expecting your email.

Good luck in sorting it out.

Thanks Lisa...I wasn't expecting anything from this but much appreciated and I will email her as you say.
Stadium car parking on 22:14 - Jul 23 with 1521 viewsDarran

Stadium car parking on 22:10 - Jul 23 by Croftyjack

Thanks Lisa...I wasn't expecting anything from this but much appreciated and I will email her as you say.

Lucy is lovely.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stadium car parking on 06:49 - Jul 28 with 1367 viewsbuilthjack

How did this go?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024