Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Miners Strike 21:20 - Jul 21 with 5916 viewsDarran

The wife’s best friend from Llanelli is preparing for an art exhibition near Clitheroe in Lancashire based on the Miners Strike of the eighties in October.
They’ve been watching videos to prepare.
My wife showed me one of the videos and it suddenly dawned on me that an ex-policeman poster (moonie) has bragged in the past on here about how he enjoyed it and made lots of money in overtime.

The thought of it makes me feel physically sick.

Watch it and imagine what sort of person would brag about this.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=christmas+miners+strike+84&view=detail&mid=

[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 21:40]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Miners Strike on 21:38 - Jul 21 with 2265 viewsBurryPortJack

The miners were treated like crap to be fair, my dad knew a copper that worked on the lines and he said they used to laugh at how desperate the miners were....
It's strange though that all these years later the goverment treat the police in a similar way to how they treated the miners.

To enjoy watching proud men literally fight for the jobs and families future is just sick.
The Miners Strike on 21:53 - Jul 21 with 2231 viewsdickythorpe

The decade that changed Britain forever.
Disgusting greed and enjoyment of others suffering.
The Miners Strike on 22:33 - Jul 21 with 2185 viewsCooperman

Cowards, hiding behind the badge.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Miners Strike on 22:40 - Jul 21 with 2176 viewsexiledclaseboy

The police and the miners were mere pawns in a political battle between Scargill and Thatcher. Thatcher won hands down because scargill was stupid. It changed the course of the U.K. forever. The police were useful idiots, the miners men fighting for their jobs, families, survival. There are still swathes of South Wales amd elsewhere that still haven’t recovered from the decimation of the mining towns and villages. No one cared because they didn’t vote Tory. Damn shame.

Poll: Tory leader

The Miners Strike on 22:50 - Jul 21 with 2149 viewsbuilthjack

Thatcher. Pure evil.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Miners Strike on 22:51 - Jul 21 with 2148 viewsJack_Meoff

The Miners Strike on 22:40 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

The police and the miners were mere pawns in a political battle between Scargill and Thatcher. Thatcher won hands down because scargill was stupid. It changed the course of the U.K. forever. The police were useful idiots, the miners men fighting for their jobs, families, survival. There are still swathes of South Wales amd elsewhere that still haven’t recovered from the decimation of the mining towns and villages. No one cared because they didn’t vote Tory. Damn shame.

The decimation was absolutely deliberate. Part of the bigger picture of the deindustrialization of the 'West.' And the destruction of the communities had grown up amongst said industries.

Damn shame? We should be that angry that we should be hanging the bastards that set this into motion so it'll never happen again. F*cking criminal treasonous worthless scum. F*cking Tory voters. What goes through your heads?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Miners Strike on 22:56 - Jul 21 with 2136 viewsLohengrin

I’ve got a certificate and letter of thanks knocking around somewhere, probably up my Mother’s attic with mountains of books and pamphlets, off the south Wales NUM for raising funds back in ‘84.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Miners Strike on 22:56 - Jul 21 with 2135 viewsJack_Meoff

The worthless b*astrds that took overtime to attack the miners should hang their heads in shame. Was your blood money that worthwhile to help destroy your country?

You worthless weasels you.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

The Miners Strike on 22:57 - Jul 21 with 2131 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Miners Strike on 22:51 - Jul 21 by Jack_Meoff

The decimation was absolutely deliberate. Part of the bigger picture of the deindustrialization of the 'West.' And the destruction of the communities had grown up amongst said industries.

Damn shame? We should be that angry that we should be hanging the bastards that set this into motion so it'll never happen again. F*cking criminal treasonous worthless scum. F*cking Tory voters. What goes through your heads?

Weill I wouldn’t go as far as hanging anyone but I often get snorted at derisively when I say that this country is still reaping what Thatcher sewed. But it is. Absolutely. The society we have in 2018 is exactly the one that Thatcher spawned in the 80s. This generation and its offspring are her children and grandchildren.

The Miners Strike on 23:01 - Jul 21 with 2113 viewsDarran

The Miners Strike on 22:57 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

Weill I wouldn’t go as far as hanging anyone but I often get snorted at derisively when I say that this country is still reaping what Thatcher sewed. But it is. Absolutely. The society we have in 2018 is exactly the one that Thatcher spawned in the 80s. This generation and its offspring are her children and grandchildren.

Imagine being a Tory ex-copper.

I agree with you though.

The Miners Strike on 23:03 - Jul 21 with 2100 viewsJack_Meoff

Nope. We should be hanging them. So they'll not attempt it again. Other options etc.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 23:11]

The Miners Strike on 23:07 - Jul 21 with 2081 viewsdickythorpe

"Greed is good" - everywhere now. Thatcher's legacy.
The Miners Strike on 23:07 - Jul 21 with 2081 viewsKilkennyjack

The Miners Strike on 22:56 - Jul 21 by Lohengrin

I’ve got a certificate and letter of thanks knocking around somewhere, probably up my Mother’s attic with mountains of books and pamphlets, off the south Wales NUM for raising funds back in ‘84.

👏👏👏👏✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

The Miners Strike on 23:10 - Jul 21 with 2072 viewsJack_Meoff

The Miners Strike on 23:01 - Jul 21 by Darran

Imagine being a Tory ex-copper.

I agree with you though.

Those that bitch from their ivory tower about how rotten things are with zero appreciation of how they contributed to it. With no sense of irony. Bless mind.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 23:12]

The Miners Strike on 23:16 - Jul 21 with 2057 viewslonglostjack

I was living in Sheffield at the time and went to Barnsley. Saturday night. It was during the strike. Real men were drinking halves. Will never ever forget it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Miners Strike on 23:16 - Jul 21 with 2056 viewsDarran

The Miners Strike on 23:10 - Jul 21 by Jack_Meoff

Those that bitch from their ivory tower about how rotten things are with zero appreciation of how they contributed to it. With no sense of irony. Bless mind.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 23:12]

I agree with that. It makes me puke.

I don’t think they should be hanged though a good fuçking beating with truncheons would suffice.

The Miners Strike on 23:19 - Jul 21 with 2042 viewsKilkennyjack

Well .... yes and no.

Yes they deliberately dismantled the British state ...and killed all of British Airways, British Coal, British Steel, British Telecoms, British Petroleum, British Rail, British Gas, cut British Army, and privatised parts of the NHS.

No because its going to result in the unintended break up of the nations of the old British State. Mrs T would not be pleased. Her union is dead.

The Miners Strike on 23:27 - Jul 21 with 2016 viewslonglostjack

Timing was all wrong. Scargill was an idiot.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Miners Strike on 23:36 - Jul 21 with 1998 viewsDarran

The Miners Strike on 23:27 - Jul 21 by longlostjack

Timing was all wrong. Scargill was an idiot.

We were saying that today.

The Miners Strike on 23:37 - Jul 21 with 1995 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Miners Strike on 23:19 - Jul 21 by Kilkennyjack

Well .... yes and no.

Yes they deliberately dismantled the British state ...and killed all of British Airways, British Coal, British Steel, British Telecoms, British Petroleum, British Rail, British Gas, cut British Army, and privatised parts of the NHS.

No because its going to result in the unintended break up of the nations of the old British State. Mrs T would not be pleased. Her union is dead.

You’d be hard pushed to correlate the miners’ strike with the break up of the U.K. Blair’s devolution reforms will ultimately lead to (at the very least) a federal U.K. its the only endgame. Not to mention our exit from the EU which will have far reaching consequences for the U.K. as a political union, which is ultimately what it is.

The Miners Strike on 23:43 - Jul 21 with 1978 viewsKilkennyjack

The Miners Strike on 23:37 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

You’d be hard pushed to correlate the miners’ strike with the break up of the U.K. Blair’s devolution reforms will ultimately lead to (at the very least) a federal U.K. its the only endgame. Not to mention our exit from the EU which will have far reaching consequences for the U.K. as a political union, which is ultimately what it is.

My point is this ......Thatcher deliberately dismantled the things that made people feel post war British. These actions were taken for reasons of profit.
Only the army and the BBC remained standing.

As a result people have felt, well, less British.
Its linked.

The Miners Strike on 23:43 - Jul 21 with 1978 viewsDyfnant

You could argue she saved thousands of their lives from being shortened through emphysema and the like

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Miners Strike on 23:44 - Jul 21 with 1976 viewsjack2jack

Some of the best quality coal found anywhere in the world was hewn from the valleys of South Wales, absolute travesty that the mines and their communities were decimated .
My old man worked for the NCB for 40 years, not long after the strikes, pit after pit was closed, never to reopen.Awful time for the miners their families and the communities they served.
Cheap shite from abroad saw the end of mining in this country, fvcking travesty.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 0:25]
The Miners Strike on 23:46 - Jul 21 with 1965 viewsKilkennyjack

The Miners Strike on 23:43 - Jul 21 by Dyfnant

You could argue she saved thousands of their lives from being shortened through emphysema and the like

Even mrs t never claimed that.

The Miners Strike on 23:50 - Jul 21 with 1956 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Miners Strike on 23:43 - Jul 21 by Kilkennyjack

My point is this ......Thatcher deliberately dismantled the things that made people feel post war British. These actions were taken for reasons of profit.
Only the army and the BBC remained standing.

As a result people have felt, well, less British.
Its linked.

I don’t disagree with that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024