Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The elephant in the room... 07:39 - Jul 22 with 4537 viewswobbly

According to the Western Mail, the elephant in the room problem at Swansea City hasn’t been dealt with for over a year.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-elephan

Now, my first thought was wow. Finally the Western Mail picks up on the problem that we all know needs addressing. I mean, it’s a bit unkind as a reference to the size of his enormous hooter, but HJ must go and the Western Mail finally backs it.

But no. Apparently it’s replacing Gylfi.

The elephant in the room... on 10:10 - Jul 22 with 4227 viewscostalotta

That journo is a sharpe cookie! Switched on individual he is!

That’s the first time I’ve read a western mfail article in years. It will be many years until I do so again. A year out of date, stating the obvious and a complete waste of a read.
The elephant in the room... on 10:14 - Jul 22 with 4200 viewsDewi1jack

The elephant in the room... on 10:10 - Jul 22 by costalotta

That journo is a sharpe cookie! Switched on individual he is!

That’s the first time I’ve read a western mfail article in years. It will be many years until I do so again. A year out of date, stating the obvious and a complete waste of a read.

And a couple of minutes of your life that you'll never get back.

Still really don't understand why anyone bothers with the Cardiff biased (beyond belief) media.

Although when I saw the "elephant in the room" headline, I too was hoping they were finally laying into Beaky

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The elephant in the room... on 10:40 - Jul 22 with 4104 viewsspiderboy

Why is there an elephant in the room?
Surely goes against H+S.
The elephant in the room... on 12:18 - Jul 22 with 3891 viewsmagicdaps10

Well well well!!!
It has taken a full year for this article, most on here could see it 12 months back, any clown could see it.

The trouble was and still is, the board wont speculate to accumulate, insisting on bringing money in first before spending.

It is a very sorry state and one along with other issues that stumped our growth in the Premier league. You witness Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham spending money off the bat without selling anyone, what we have done in recent summers has been a joke......like buying something for 99p, giving a £1 and waiting on the 1p change.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The elephant in the room... on 12:31 - Jul 22 with 3849 viewsthornabyswan

The elephant in the room... on 12:18 - Jul 22 by magicdaps10

Well well well!!!
It has taken a full year for this article, most on here could see it 12 months back, any clown could see it.

The trouble was and still is, the board wont speculate to accumulate, insisting on bringing money in first before spending.

It is a very sorry state and one along with other issues that stumped our growth in the Premier league. You witness Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham spending money off the bat without selling anyone, what we have done in recent summers has been a joke......like buying something for 99p, giving a £1 and waiting on the 1p change.

Any players going abroad will more than likely be the end of the window Aug 31.
So we will be reluctant to spend until they are off the books yet we can't sign players after Aug 9.
Another reason to justify not bringing players In.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The elephant in the room... on 12:33 - Jul 22 with 3836 viewsFireboy2

I do feel sorry for potter

But he must have known what he was signing up for
The elephant in the room... on 12:37 - Jul 22 with 3826 viewsthornabyswan

The elephant in the room... on 12:33 - Jul 22 by Fireboy2

I do feel sorry for potter

But he must have known what he was signing up for

Yes can't imagine Pinocchio being sneaky.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The elephant in the room... on 12:59 - Jul 22 with 3736 viewscostalotta

The elephant in the room... on 12:31 - Jul 22 by thornabyswan

So we will be reluctant to spend until they are off the books yet we can't sign players after Aug 9.

Swap ‘justify’ with ‘excuse’.
Login to get fewer ads

The elephant in the room... on 13:02 - Jul 22 with 3725 viewsmagicdaps10

The elephant in the room... on 12:31 - Jul 22 by thornabyswan

I fully understand the situation this summer but ultimately it has been brought on by our reluctance and ignorance in previous summers.

The 45m for Siggy was too good to turn down but we lost out due to the length it took to get completed and the board not getting the players in before it did. There is an argument that they needed the deal done but it was always going to happen.

Now we are left with high earners in the league below, a world cup that slows down transfers and most clubs knowing our desperate situation.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The elephant in the room... on 16:58 - Jul 22 with 3436 viewsmoonie

It's not the fact we ve not spent money. We have. It's what on that s key.

Massive profit spunked away.

Players brought in at inflated price yet players sold cheaply when no need.

Simple money mismanagement ,yet he s stays in situ
The elephant in the room... on 18:41 - Jul 22 with 3275 viewsKilkennyjack

The elephant in the room... on 16:58 - Jul 22 by moonie

I agree for once.

Beware of the Risen People

The elephant in the room... on 20:35 - Jul 22 with 3083 viewsJacket

The level of insight you get from Wales Online truly is shocking. Lazy journalism is the way now it seems. Gylfi was a good player, that must be the reason Swansea are down as if the terrible season before last never happened. The conclusion the other day was that the friendlies were a disappointment on the basis that we lost on penalties as if that meant anything. When did penalties after a friendly become a thing. The scum on the other hand are going great according to WOL because they thumped a tier 9 team as if that has any baring on anything that's gonna happen next season.

They say social media is going to kill journalism, Bois Bach it already has if this level of 'journalism' is anything to go by. It's laughable, and desperately sad that journalism has come to this.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 20:38]
The elephant in the room... on 20:49 - Jul 22 with 3039 viewsBillyChong

They are correct, albeit a little late to the party. The difference in the August buying and selling deadlines is a ready made excuse for Huw.
The elephant in the room... on 20:59 - Jul 22 with 3018 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The elephant in the room... on 20:35 - Jul 22 by Jacket

The level of insight you get from Wales Online truly is shocking. Lazy journalism is the way now it seems. Gylfi was a good player, that must be the reason Swansea are down as if the terrible season before last never happened. The conclusion the other day was that the friendlies were a disappointment on the basis that we lost on penalties as if that meant anything. When did penalties after a friendly become a thing. The scum on the other hand are going great according to WOL because they thumped a tier 9 team as if that has any baring on anything that's gonna happen next season.

They say social media is going to kill journalism, Bois Bach it already has if this level of 'journalism' is anything to go by. It's laughable, and desperately sad that journalism has come to this.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 20:38]

Oh for the days the broadsheets used to rave about us. Real journalists not Tank Top Tucker too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The elephant in the room... on 10:20 - Jul 23 with 2731 viewsLeonWasGod

They are right (belatedly), but we sure as hell ain't going to replace him in the Championship.
The elephant in the room... on 12:37 - Jul 23 with 2637 viewswaynekerr55

The elephant in the room... on 16:58 - Jul 22 by moonie

Pure and simple it's a fûcking disgrace.

Him, Dineen and Morgan have more front than Southend. They deserved a return on investment as they ponied up the cash. To remain in situ is remarkable. None of them need the money so why stay in post and rub everyone's nose in the shìt?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024