Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... 13:47 - Jul 23 with 6460 viewsLohengrin

I see the usual suspects on the far-left are up in arms over the HO’s decision not to attempt to block a trial for jihadis where the possible outcome could be the death penalty. Forget about any wailing from the likes of Abbott, it is their deepest instinct to side with darkness. Do you personally, or do you know of anybody who would have the least objection to the dispatch of such people after due process should that be the court’s decision?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 13:49 - Jul 23 with 2703 viewsmoonie

Thought you were a leftie Loh,

I d be intruiged as to how a Corbin government would react
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 13:52 - Jul 23 with 2702 viewsLohengrin

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 13:49 - Jul 23 by moonie

Thought you were a leftie Loh,

I d be intruiged as to how a Corbin government would react

Give them a council house and benefits for their extended family out of the public pocket.

Do you really need to ask what they would do?

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 14:14 - Jul 23 with 2661 viewsDyfnant

Well the mother of a victim they beheaded objects, she wants them to spend life (proper life) in prison.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 14:20 - Jul 23 with 2643 viewsDyfnant

Here’s the link https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/britain-wont-block-death-penalty-12965473

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 14:33 - Jul 23 with 2614 viewsHobo_Rodin

They should be burnt at the stake and however supported their action's.
Stand up Mr D. Cameron...
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 14:33 - Jul 23 with 2613 viewsLohengrin

Talking of Abbott I’ve just heard her on the radio opining that “we (I’m never sure who she means by that) abolished capital punishment in the ‘60s. She’s wrong. The right to exercise was always retained by HM Forces and often the responsibility was invested in a teenaged kid a few weeks out of basic training. You are seeing it exercised more and more by Police Armed Response Units usually on a split second subjective assessment.

Does anybody else see it as an example of wildly muddled thinking that the right to exercise is withheld from the court who would arrive at any decision after a protracted period of objective, evidential review but granted to young lads in khaki or blue subject to no such detachment?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 14:39]

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:13 - Jul 23 with 2538 viewslondonlisa2001

In answer to the OP.

Yes. I disagree with capital punishment and I also disagree with the Home Secretary making a unilateral decision on this.

The people in question should be locked up for the rest of their lives. Not 20 years, not 30, but until they die. I have no problem in them being stripped of citizenship either. In fact, I welcome that. But if you disagree with capital punishment you disagree with it.

If they’d been killed in action by the way - no problem with that at all. But they weren’t. So it’s different.
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:21 - Jul 23 with 2525 viewsProfessor

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:13 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

In answer to the OP.

Yes. I disagree with capital punishment and I also disagree with the Home Secretary making a unilateral decision on this.

The people in question should be locked up for the rest of their lives. Not 20 years, not 30, but until they die. I have no problem in them being stripped of citizenship either. In fact, I welcome that. But if you disagree with capital punishment you disagree with it.

If they’d been killed in action by the way - no problem with that at all. But they weren’t. So it’s different.

I would agree, though Loh's point about the police/army does provoke some thought. However, as you say if they killed in action I would shed no tears. Life would have to mean life with the most basic of rights.
Login to get fewer ads

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:27 - Jul 23 with 2507 viewsAce_Jack

Should spend life in Prison in Britain surely?
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:28 - Jul 23 with 2502 viewslondonlisa2001

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:21 - Jul 23 by Professor

I would agree, though Loh's point about the police/army does provoke some thought. However, as you say if they killed in action I would shed no tears. Life would have to mean life with the most basic of rights.

Neither the army nor the police are able (as far as I’m aware) to kill someone who is in custody and, therefore, poses no further threat?

That’s the consistency isn’t it?

Capital punishment, by definition, isn’t the prevention of an immediate or future danger, as locking someone up in a cell for the rest of their life does that anyway.

I don’t have a problem with the army or police killing someone who is posing a threat if there is no other way of removing that threat. It’s very different.
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:31 - Jul 23 with 2483 viewsDarran

Just kill them now don’t waste money on a trial.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 2471 viewspencoedjack

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:31 - Jul 23 by Darran

Just kill them now don’t waste money on a trial.

Is that correct answer.

I don’t want my taxes being wasted on keeping this scum in prison for the next 50 years
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 2466 viewsFlashberryjack

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:27 - Jul 23 by Ace_Jack

Should spend life in Prison in Britain surely?

The cost of keeping these pieces of excrement for life in a UK prison must be astronomical, the HO are right in wanting to get this scum out of this country, even if it may mean execution.

Either that or flush them down the toilet where sh*t belongs.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:44 - Jul 23 with 2457 viewsAce_Jack

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:39 - Jul 23 by Flashberryjack

The cost of keeping these pieces of excrement for life in a UK prison must be astronomical, the HO are right in wanting to get this scum out of this country, even if it may mean execution.

Either that or flush them down the toilet where sh*t belongs.

isn't our adherence to higher principles like due process and the right to a trial what separates us from these monsters?

and if the USA is anything to go by, trials involving the death penalty are astronomically higher than those involving life in prison
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:45 - Jul 23 with 2453 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 13:52 - Jul 23 by Lohengrin

Give them a council house and benefits for their extended family out of the public pocket.

Do you really need to ask what they would do?

I see the sewing circle is still going strong there ladies. Of course. Corbin government would allow them back, put them at the front of the housing queue and probably give them clothing and food tokens for M&S . He's a terrorist sympathizer, right

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:46 - Jul 23 with 2446 viewsLohengrin

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:45 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I see the sewing circle is still going strong there ladies. Of course. Corbin government would allow them back, put them at the front of the housing queue and probably give them clothing and food tokens for M&S . He's a terrorist sympathizer, right

Right.

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:48 - Jul 23 with 2436 viewsmoonie

Well he s a history of supporting terrorists or freedom fighters ,if you like.

He s really a candidate for a Nobel Peace drive,Steve
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:02 - Jul 23 with 2401 viewsShaky

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 15:44 - Jul 23 by Ace_Jack

isn't our adherence to higher principles like due process and the right to a trial what separates us from these monsters?

and if the USA is anything to go by, trials involving the death penalty are astronomically higher than those involving life in prison

Not only that, but unless your motivation is purely revenge and blood lust this makes no sense rationally.

The objective of the earnest jihadist is martyrdom.

Executing them achieves just that.

Whereas life in prison is a significantly less glamorous and - for the faithful - rewarding proposition for the would be martyr. A deterrent if you like.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:11 - Jul 23 with 2386 viewsLohengrin

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:02 - Jul 23 by Shaky

Not only that, but unless your motivation is purely revenge and blood lust this makes no sense rationally.

The objective of the earnest jihadist is martyrdom.

Executing them achieves just that.

Whereas life in prison is a significantly less glamorous and - for the faithful - rewarding proposition for the would be martyr. A deterrent if you like.

Your first line there, what makes you imagine many would have that level of angry, emotional investment? I’d venture to suggest that most on hearing they had been executed would just shrug and carry on with their day not giving it a second thought.

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:14 - Jul 23 with 2372 viewsShaky

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:11 - Jul 23 by Lohengrin

Your first line there, what makes you imagine many would have that level of angry, emotional investment? I’d venture to suggest that most on hearing they had been executed would just shrug and carry on with their day not giving it a second thought.

It is largely irrelevant.

The simple fact is that life in prison is a deterrent, whereas execution is more akin to the objective.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:21 - Jul 23 with 2345 viewsLohengrin

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:14 - Jul 23 by Shaky

It is largely irrelevant.

The simple fact is that life in prison is a deterrent, whereas execution is more akin to the objective.

A deterrent is the realisation of consequence that occurs to rational thinkers. Those who would behead aid workers or put captives in a cage, dowse them in petrol and set them aflame do not act or think along rational lines.

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:30 - Jul 23 with 2322 viewsAce_Jack

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:21 - Jul 23 by Lohengrin

A deterrent is the realisation of consequence that occurs to rational thinkers. Those who would behead aid workers or put captives in a cage, dowse them in petrol and set them aflame do not act or think along rational lines.

Lock em in a small cell for the rest of their natural lives then. F**k em.
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:35 - Jul 23 with 2310 viewsShaky

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:21 - Jul 23 by Lohengrin

I see, so you take the view jihadists are born, not created.

It is an interesting view psychologically speaking, but one that does not have any basis in reality since this a thoroughly modern phenomenon.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:35 - Jul 23 with 2310 viewsJango

if life in prison meant being thrown in a dark room with 1 piece of bread and water day then fair enough. But then you’d get the same people moan about that. Don’t waste money on them, torture them and kill them the way they do to their victims.
Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:36 - Jul 23 with 2309 viewsHighjack

Jihadis, the death penalty and far-left rats in a lather... on 16:30 - Jul 23 by Ace_Jack

Lock em in a small cell for the rest of their natural lives then. F**k em.

Yeah let them wait for their virgins.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024