Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Concerned of Swansea 17:31 - Jul 25 with 7245 viewsDaggyjack

Up until now, I've been relatively calm with events. Ship out 6 or 7 of the dross and bring in 5 ready for the start of the season.
10 days or so to go until Sheffield United and there is little or no movement either way.
Plenty of talk as to departures but aside of the odd player mentioned coming in (Celina, James), there is nothing.
I trust Potter and his hands may be tied at the moment but these are....
Worrying times.
Concerned of Swansea on 19:09 - Jul 25 with 4813 viewsawayjack

There's still time to bring in some quality on loan, as been obvious for some time there'd be little invested, just firesale of players. The penny has dropped those not already aware of the mess Board have made in last few years. Huw has wasted tens of millions on woeful transfers, allowed costs to spiral out of control. Also sold to hedge fund investors who have not put a bean into the club, know nothing about football and have increased the costs with their fees and lackies. Sadly the club is broke and aside from Huw / Board personal wealth, there is little to show for all the hundreds of millions from 7 years in Premier League.
Concerned of Swansea on 19:17 - Jul 25 with 4760 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Concerned of Swansea on 19:09 - Jul 25 by awayjack

There's still time to bring in some quality on loan, as been obvious for some time there'd be little invested, just firesale of players. The penny has dropped those not already aware of the mess Board have made in last few years. Huw has wasted tens of millions on woeful transfers, allowed costs to spiral out of control. Also sold to hedge fund investors who have not put a bean into the club, know nothing about football and have increased the costs with their fees and lackies. Sadly the club is broke and aside from Huw / Board personal wealth, there is little to show for all the hundreds of millions from 7 years in Premier League.

This is how things are for us I'm afraid.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Concerned of Swansea on 19:35 - Jul 25 with 4708 viewspencoedjack

Summed up very well fella.

The writing was on the wall as soon as we sold to a hedge fund.
Concerned of Swansea on 19:48 - Jul 25 with 4659 viewsJethroJack

Can't argue with that, but before you get too depressed, we have first class training facilities at Fairwood & Landore, they cost a bob or two.
Concerned of Swansea on 19:51 - Jul 25 with 4644 viewsplasjack

Concerned of Swansea on 19:35 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

Summed up very well fella.

The writing was on the wall as soon as we sold to a hedge fund.

Well the hedge fund wont make any profit out of us in the short term, if we manage to get promoted again, they will get their pound of flesh.
Concerned of Swansea on 19:57 - Jul 25 with 4609 viewspencoedjack

Concerned of Swansea on 19:51 - Jul 25 by plasjack

Well the hedge fund wont make any profit out of us in the short term, if we manage to get promoted again, they will get their pound of flesh.

Those who invested won’t lose any money, our football club will suffer though.
Concerned of Swansea on 20:03 - Jul 25 with 4589 viewsplasjack

Concerned of Swansea on 19:57 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

Those who invested won’t lose any money, our football club will suffer though.

But they invested to make a profit, not in the championship, their money is on hold.
Concerned of Swansea on 20:17 - Jul 25 with 4530 viewspencoedjack

Concerned of Swansea on 20:03 - Jul 25 by plasjack

But they invested to make a profit, not in the championship, their money is on hold.

I am sure sky money, parachute payments, player sales will result in them getting their money back.
Login to get fewer ads

Concerned of Swansea on 20:23 - Jul 25 with 4491 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Concerned of Swansea on 20:17 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

I am sure sky money, parachute payments, player sales will result in them getting their money back.

But "getting their money back" is not what hedge funds are about, they want profits and they are going to be very hard to come by.
The rest of them must be pretty pissed at the way those two have handled it.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 20:24]
Concerned of Swansea on 20:28 - Jul 25 with 4468 viewssg1912

Concerned of Swansea on 19:48 - Jul 25 by JethroJack

Can't argue with that, but before you get too depressed, we have first class training facilities at Fairwood & Landore, they cost a bob or two.

Yes Fairwood and Landore cost a Bob, in fact it probably cost about 5x what it should of been were it put out to tender.

The likes of MM and LD bled the club dry through their multiple sub contract scams.
Concerned of Swansea on 20:35 - Jul 25 with 4423 viewspencoedjack

Concerned of Swansea on 20:23 - Jul 25 by A_Fans_Dad

But "getting their money back" is not what hedge funds are about, they want profits and they are going to be very hard to come by.
The rest of them must be pretty pissed at the way those two have handled it.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 20:24]

I agree but I’m sure they will get what they can & not roll the dice to get back to the PL.

As someone said today it’s a fukcluster
Concerned of Swansea on 20:37 - Jul 25 with 4406 viewsplasjack

Concerned of Swansea on 20:35 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

I agree but I’m sure they will get what they can & not roll the dice to get back to the PL.

As someone said today it’s a fukcluster

Backtracking again Pencoed.
Concerned of Swansea on 20:39 - Jul 25 with 4392 viewsbonymine

We’re 40/1 to be relegated with Bet365 so given this basket case of my (former) Club which we all now see imploding before our very eyes, I’ve had a few quid on that bet as Sunderland went that way last season & given the lack of quality and experience in the squad we look to kick the season off with then those odds will be tumbling soon surely ......

I was a season ticket holder when we went up from 1976 Div 4 to Div 1 (now PL) and also in the fall back down culminating in the winding up & closing the gates in 1985.

That said, even in those deep, dark days the Club was truly in my heart as ‘my Club’ through thick and thin........now sadly it is a shadow of its former self, ripped apart by greedy scavengers both from within (ie the cowardly Sellouts) as well as those from across the pond (Hedge Fund Investors) so to be quite honest I do not feel the same hurt and pain as I did back in the mid 80’s as the Club is now so far removed from the TRUE supporters who are constantly taken the p1ss out of that sadly, it now holds very little emotional pull for me and will continue to do so until the cancer of the Club is removed once and for all and the Swansea City I once knew and loved rises once again above this disgusting corruption and greed and I honestly don’t care what division we’ll then be playing in as long as it epitomises the qualities and values on the ‘true’ Swansea City we know and love with it’s TRUE IDENTITY established once again.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Concerned of Swansea on 20:41 - Jul 25 with 4374 viewsplasjack

Concerned of Swansea on 20:39 - Jul 25 by bonymine

We’re 40/1 to be relegated with Bet365 so given this basket case of my (former) Club which we all now see imploding before our very eyes, I’ve had a few quid on that bet as Sunderland went that way last season & given the lack of quality and experience in the squad we look to kick the season off with then those odds will be tumbling soon surely ......

I was a season ticket holder when we went up from 1976 Div 4 to Div 1 (now PL) and also in the fall back down culminating in the winding up & closing the gates in 1985.

That said, even in those deep, dark days the Club was truly in my heart as ‘my Club’ through thick and thin........now sadly it is a shadow of its former self, ripped apart by greedy scavengers both from within (ie the cowardly Sellouts) as well as those from across the pond (Hedge Fund Investors) so to be quite honest I do not feel the same hurt and pain as I did back in the mid 80’s as the Club is now so far removed from the TRUE supporters who are constantly taken the p1ss out of that sadly, it now holds very little emotional pull for me and will continue to do so until the cancer of the Club is removed once and for all and the Swansea City I once knew and loved rises once again above this disgusting corruption and greed and I honestly don’t care what division we’ll then be playing in as long as it epitomises the qualities and values on the ‘true’ Swansea City we know and love with it’s TRUE IDENTITY established once again.

I love you Bony, but don't tell the mrs.
Concerned of Swansea on 20:41 - Jul 25 with 4372 viewsWingstandwood

Concerned of Swansea on 20:28 - Jul 25 by sg1912

Yes Fairwood and Landore cost a Bob, in fact it probably cost about 5x what it should of been were it put out to tender.

The likes of MM and LD bled the club dry through their multiple sub contract scams.

Some stuff sure did go 'in-house' to line the pocket of individuals whom were the complete and utter opposite of for example Blackburn Jack Walker. Now that guy paid for multi-million pound stadium rebuilding/expansion and transfers out of his own pockets.

The most revolting thing is the deliberate way Jenkins mentions the training ground spend in a conniving/subtle way so that it can mislead supporters into believing that it came from his and own the likes of Martin Morgans own bank accounts.

So to clarify and state reality and fact i.e. Jenkins. Morgan and others just like The Yanks never 'invested' millions into the club with non-returnable money with selfless acts of generosity and philanthropy!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 20:42]

Argus!

Concerned of Swansea on 20:58 - Jul 25 with 4296 viewsbonymine

Concerned of Swansea on 20:41 - Jul 25 by plasjack

I love you Bony, but don't tell the mrs.

👍 I won’t tell I promise 😂😉😘
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 21:01]

Concerned of Swansea on 21:00 - Jul 25 with 4278 viewspencoedjack

Concerned of Swansea on 20:37 - Jul 25 by plasjack

Backtracking again Pencoed.

Backtracking again?

Those who invested will make a profit obviously not as big a profit as if we stayed in the PL

You think they won’t?
Concerned of Swansea on 21:03 - Jul 25 with 4255 viewsSgorioFruit

Concerned of Swansea on 20:39 - Jul 25 by bonymine

great post.

I feel however that to get that true feeling of 'our' club back we have to look at lower leagues.
Money has killed this passion and love for the game that you have described in your post. I will watch the Swans in any league, but when I go to places like Merthyr Town or Colwyn Bay to watch football and see how close these clubs are with their communities you can instantly feel memories coming back from those times when Swansea belonged to us.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Concerned of Swansea on 21:03 - Jul 25 with 4256 viewsOldjack

We're in a mess on and off the pitch

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Concerned of Swansea on 21:03 - Jul 25 with 4254 viewssainthelens

Concerned of Swansea on 19:48 - Jul 25 by JethroJack

It won't be long till the club start renting them out to local clubs etc.
Concerned of Swansea on 21:08 - Jul 25 with 4213 viewsbonymine

Concerned of Swansea on 21:03 - Jul 25 by SgorioFruit

great post.

I feel however that to get that true feeling of 'our' club back we have to look at lower leagues.
Money has killed this passion and love for the game that you have described in your post. I will watch the Swans in any league, but when I go to places like Merthyr Town or Colwyn Bay to watch football and see how close these clubs are with their communities you can instantly feel memories coming back from those times when Swansea belonged to us.

In a nutshell it’s that identity and passion which is now missing so much at the Club which we all miss so much.....

Concerned of Swansea on 21:10 - Jul 25 with 4204 viewsSmellyplumz

The really weird thing is that only now the penny is dropping for a lot of people.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Concerned of Swansea on 21:10 - Jul 25 with 4204 viewsgetcarter

Concerned of Swansea on 21:08 - Jul 25 by bonymine

In a nutshell it’s that identity and passion which is now missing so much at the Club which we all miss so much.....

Very confident for the coming season.
Concerned of Swansea on 21:15 - Jul 25 with 4166 viewsbonymine

Concerned of Swansea on 21:10 - Jul 25 by getcarter

Very confident for the coming season.

Great to hear of your positivity .....on what basis is that prediction offered if I may ask ?

Concerned of Swansea on 21:18 - Jul 25 with 4146 viewspencoedjack

Concerned of Swansea on 21:10 - Jul 25 by Smellyplumz

The really weird thing is that only now the penny is dropping for a lot of people.

What a hedge fund wasnt going to ‘take us to the next level’?

You are right it’s weird.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024