Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night 22:32 - Jul 25 with 6333 viewsEbo

I am still speechless... seen them a few times before but last night at the Tramshed was off the scale totally. They brought everything from their larger shows into a tiny venue. Confetti storms, neon unicorns, light show, giant balloons and oh the music was amazing!

Here's a sample from last night

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 23:21 - Jul 25 with 5180 viewsEbo

Found some more

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 06:38 - Jul 26 with 5091 viewsMo_Wives

Confetti storms?, neon unicorns?, light show?, giant balloons?, Cardiff?

Only joking, Ebs
Glad you enjoyed.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 6:39]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 13:12 - Jul 26 with 4954 viewsLord_Bony

My kind of concert will look out for them in future.

Crowd surfing in that balloon is the way to go.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 13:21 - Jul 26 with 4941 viewsEbo

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 13:12 - Jul 26 by Lord_Bony

My kind of concert will look out for them in future.

Crowd surfing in that balloon is the way to go.

He's done that for years and I didn't expect the full show in a tiny venue but they did it.

You'd love it mate. There was a couple standing next to me who had never seen them before and went on a recommendation of a friend who couldn't go to the gig. Their faces had the biggest smiles and their eyes were wide in amazement.

Michael Ivins the bass player even wore a classic welsh football jersey, Stephen Droizd wore a f*cking multi-coloured cape :)

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 13:48 - Jul 26 with 4905 viewsMo_Wives

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 13:21 - Jul 26 by Ebo

He's done that for years and I didn't expect the full show in a tiny venue but they did it.

You'd love it mate. There was a couple standing next to me who had never seen them before and went on a recommendation of a friend who couldn't go to the gig. Their faces had the biggest smiles and their eyes were wide in amazement.

Michael Ivins the bass player even wore a classic welsh football jersey, Stephen Droizd wore a f*cking multi-coloured cape :)

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 15:53 - Jul 26 with 4796 viewsBLAZE

The same Ebo who derides metal bands for putting on a show. What was it you called it? Pantomime?
Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 15:59 - Jul 26 with 4778 viewsEbo

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 15:53 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

The same Ebo who derides metal bands for putting on a show. What was it you called it? Pantomime?

Except heavy metal bands mostly sing about total nonsense, look ridiculous and then try to be serious about it.

The Lips are just a fun band who don't take their image seriously unlike tossers like Kiss.

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 16:08 - Jul 26 with 4758 viewsBLAZE

Still the arbiter on all things music then.

Enjoy your unicorns mush
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 16:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 16:15 - Jul 26 with 4739 viewsMo_Wives

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 15:59 - Jul 26 by Ebo

Except heavy metal bands mostly sing about total nonsense, look ridiculous and then try to be serious about it.

The Lips are just a fun band who don't take their image seriously unlike tossers like Kiss.

Don't take their image serious? you just described them performing an LGBT book of revelation, Ebs. I think you may mean their image is that of a bunch of chaps who don't take their image serious. But from your description they definitely take their image serious.

And that's fine. Each to their own. If that's your thing. Personally, as soon as it started spitting confetti, way before it became a storm and when the neon unicorn was just a distant ship smoke on the horizon, I would have had to wipe the froth of my top lip with my sleeve, put down my pint and announced "That's me. I'm out". I would then have had to do something that made me feel less gay like go to the toilets and kneel down in front of a gloryhole with my mouth open.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 16:18 - Jul 26 with 4731 viewsMo_Wives

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 15:59 - Jul 26 by Ebo

Can I just add that putting on an overly camp show while not taking yourself serious is a perfect description of a pantomime.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 16:20 - Jul 26 with 4718 viewsMo_Wives

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 16:08 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

Enjoy your unicorns mush

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:23 - Jul 26 with 4661 viewsEbo

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 16:08 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

Enjoy your unicorns mush

Nah mate, I grew up a long long time ago. come on mate 50 year old men wearing long hair and spandex FFS

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:24 - Jul 26 with 4656 viewsEbo

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 16:15 - Jul 26 by Mo_Wives

Don't take their image serious? you just described them performing an LGBT book of revelation, Ebs. I think you may mean their image is that of a bunch of chaps who don't take their image serious. But from your description they definitely take their image serious.

And that's fine. Each to their own. If that's your thing. Personally, as soon as it started spitting confetti, way before it became a storm and when the neon unicorn was just a distant ship smoke on the horizon, I would have had to wipe the froth of my top lip with my sleeve, put down my pint and announced "That's me. I'm out". I would then have had to do something that made me feel less gay like go to the toilets and kneel down in front of a gloryhole with my mouth open.

It's more of an acid drug trip experience certainly not a gay one, even though it is colourful

And no they don't take their image seriously, they are just a bunch of regular people wearing what they would onstage as they would off it.

I think you are a little bit obsessed with the gay thing. Are you trying to tell us something?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 17:28]

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:40 - Jul 26 with 4624 viewsMo_Wives

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:24 - Jul 26 by Ebo

It's more of an acid drug trip experience certainly not a gay one, even though it is colourful

And no they don't take their image seriously, they are just a bunch of regular people wearing what they would onstage as they would off it.

I think you are a little bit obsessed with the gay thing. Are you trying to tell us something?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 17:28]

No, not 'us'...I'm trying to tell you something. You know when you were hallucinating and you saw the guy in the workman's helmet?...and the policeman?...and the indian?...and the guy with the big moustache and hairy chest? Yeah, you weren't hallucinating. And that bodybuilder who kept grinding on you?...he didn't mistake you for his girlfriend in a fog of LSD...he claimed you as his bitch.

Anyway I haven't got much time to talk to you. I have to pop up my dealers to get half a dozen purple ohms and then I'm on to the train to the Lady Gaga concert. And to quote Edmund Blackadder "If I wanted to talk to a vegetable I'd have bought one at the market"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:41 - Jul 26 with 4622 viewsCaptain_Sham

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:23 - Jul 26 by Ebo

Nah mate, I grew up a long long time ago. come on mate 50 year old men wearing long hair and spandex FFS

As opposed to a 57 year old man with long hair rolling around the stage in a giant see through ball. Much more mature. FFS.

Its just a ride.

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:43 - Jul 26 with 4619 viewsMo_Wives

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:41 - Jul 26 by Captain_Sham

As opposed to a 57 year old man with long hair rolling around the stage in a giant see through ball. Much more mature. FFS.

57 year old man? Ebo thought it was a massive hamster. Top LSD, man.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 17:45]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:55 - Jul 26 with 4603 viewsBLAZE

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:23 - Jul 26 by Ebo

Metal left spandex behind in the 80s John. Meanwhile, here’s your crush... with, uh, long hair. And, well, spandex... I do like the rainbow make-up though!

You’re a good guy Ebs, but when it comes to music and politics - a massive f*ckin hypocrite!!
Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 18:10 - Jul 26 with 4570 viewsDarran

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:55 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

Metal left spandex behind in the 80s John. Meanwhile, here’s your crush... with, uh, long hair. And, well, spandex... I do like the rainbow make-up though!

You’re a good guy Ebs, but when it comes to music and politics - a massive f*ckin hypocrite!!

Spot on. Ebos a nice guy and his heart is in the right place,he’s just a bit fuçking thick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 09:23 - Jul 27 with 4338 viewsEbo

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 17:55 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

At least his songs don't wail about dragons and f ucking monsters lol

No I am not a hypocrite and neither am I thick.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 9:24]

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 09:28 - Jul 27 with 4329 viewsMo_Wives

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 09:23 - Jul 27 by Ebo

At least his songs don't wail about dragons and f ucking monsters lol

No I am not a hypocrite and neither am I thick.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 9:24]

A tiny bit gay, though. Not that there's anything right with that, of course.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 09:51 - Jul 27 with 4313 viewsEbo

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 09:28 - Jul 27 by Mo_Wives

A tiny bit gay, though. Not that there's anything right with that, of course.

I post a sensible thread about an incredible show and you can’t hekp yourself by spoiling and detailing it. It’s people like you who are driving posters away with your absolute nonsense and now it seems homophobic comments.

Here’s a tip. Switch off your internet just for a day!!

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 10:03 - Jul 27 with 4300 viewsLoyal

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 09:51 - Jul 27 by Ebo

I post a sensible thread about an incredible show and you can’t hekp yourself by spoiling and detailing it. It’s people like you who are driving posters away with your absolute nonsense and now it seems homophobic comments.

Dirt Box Disco
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 10:07]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 10:11 - Jul 27 with 4285 viewsMo_Wives

Tbh, Ebs, I don't know about homophobic but I think you may be a little MOphobic...try and work on that, K? thx, bye.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 10:19 - Jul 27 with 4275 viewsMo_Wives

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 10:11 - Jul 27 by Mo_Wives

Tbh, Ebs, I don't know about homophobic but I think you may be a little MOphobic...try and work on that, K? thx, bye.

Btw, Ebs, a little bit of info for you since I'm ITK and all. The Flaming Lips are basing their next live show on the above picture...handbags and all

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Flaming Lips in Cardiff last night on 10:35 - Jul 27 with 4261 viewsMo_Wives

Btw, what do you mean by this "...and now it seems homophobic comments."?

Which comment was homophobic?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024