Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Countdown to new season... 12:11 - Jul 26 with 3893 viewsHighjack

Let us put to one side the lack of transfer activity and any semblance of a competent squad whilst shirking off all the doom and gloom let’s try and create a bit of tension, excitement and positivity as we look forward to the big day. Come on you Swans

8 days AFLI!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Countdown to new season... on 12:22 - Jul 26 with 2477 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

40/1 relegation bet365

Lump on

🤪

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Countdown to new season... on 12:38 - Jul 26 with 2419 viewsSwanjaxs

Countdown to new season... on 12:22 - Jul 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

40/1 relegation bet365

Lump on

🤪

I cant believe the bookies are offering 40's to be honest, it wont be that generous after Sheffield United, so yes lump on lads 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Countdown to new season... on 12:48 - Jul 26 with 2390 viewsawayjack

I'm sure the post live juices will start as we near KO but in struggling to get excited at thought of our starting team as it stands. Let's hope Potter is right and several players come in to enthuse about. Having said that I got excited by Mesa, Sanches and Tammy!
Countdown to new season... on 13:17 - Jul 26 with 2324 viewsHighjack

Great positivity so far lads let’s keep it up!

8 days AIAFLI

COYS

HJIAFC

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Countdown to new season... on 13:33 - Jul 26 with 2284 viewsLoyal

Countdown to new season... on 13:17 - Jul 26 by Highjack

8 days AIAFLI

COYS

HJIAFC

A well known swans fan has put 50 quid on us to go down.
Every time he does it we stay up.
Positive ♡

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Countdown to new season... on 14:03 - Jul 26 with 2211 viewsSmellyplumz

Countdown to new season... on 13:33 - Jul 26 by Loyal

A well known swans fan has put 50 quid on us to go down.
Every time he does it we stay up.
Positive ♡

That's over 2k back if we sink.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Countdown to new season... on 14:06 - Jul 26 with 2190 viewsmoonie

Generous odds indeed.
If I were a betting nutcase I d lump on.

You won't see better odds

Promotion is a fairy tale
Countdown to new season... on 14:12 - Jul 26 with 2187 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I see no positivity at the moment ,none ,zilch.

Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to new season... on 14:17 - Jul 26 with 2156 viewsSwanjaxs

Countdown to new season... on 14:12 - Jul 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

I see no positivity at the moment ,none ,zilch.

Saturday 3pm kick offs! There you go 👍...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Countdown to new season... on 14:20 - Jul 26 with 2158 viewsJack_Kass

There are 24 teams in this league, so the chances of finding 3 teams worse than us are higher than they were last year.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Countdown to new season... on 18:57 - Jul 26 with 1996 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Countdown to new season... on 14:17 - Jul 26 by Swanjaxs

Saturday 3pm kick offs! There you go 👍...

I’m sold

The jacks are going up

Countdown to new season... on 19:57 - Jul 26 with 1933 viewshammy

Countdown to new season... on 12:22 - Jul 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

40/1 relegation bet365

Lump on

🤪

Yep put a couple of tidy bets on both relegation and promotion … who the hell knows what's going to happen !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Countdown to new season... on 20:41 - Jul 26 with 1852 viewsCooperman

Countdown to new season... on 19:57 - Jul 26 by hammy

Yep put a couple of tidy bets on both relegation and promotion … who the hell knows what's going to happen !

Neither is my guess.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Countdown to new season... on 20:51 - Jul 26 with 1818 viewspencoedjack

Decent trips to London & the Midlands

Not having to tell plastic Mancs & scousers id rather see a ticket go to waste than let them have it

Mcburnie winning me 250 notes for being leagues top scorer

Less tourist supporters

Potter getting us playing some decent football

Watching Mohammad squirm as the Basseys get battered most weeks
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 20:53]
Countdown to new season... on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 1775 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Countdown to new season... on 20:51 - Jul 26 by pencoedjack

Decent trips to London & the Midlands

Not having to tell plastic Mancs & scousers id rather see a ticket go to waste than let them have it

Mcburnie winning me 250 notes for being leagues top scorer

Less tourist supporters

Potter getting us playing some decent football

Watching Mohammad squirm as the Basseys get battered most weeks
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 20:53]

I’m very concerned Penc , give me some positivity mush

Countdown to new season... on 21:31 - Jul 26 with 1736 viewspencoedjack

Countdown to new season... on 21:21 - Jul 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

I’m very concerned Penc , give me some positivity mush

It’s difficult Tom ...

Defensively we may be OK

The centre of the park worries the fuk out of me, I hope Fer is back soon because Carroll running the show is beyond belief

Clucas maybe ok at this level

Mcburnie showed at Barnsley he can score in this division

Anyway how are you?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 21:32]
Countdown to new season... on 21:39 - Jul 26 with 1700 viewsFlashberryjack

The last time we played Sheffield United away in the opening day fixture....we got promoted.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Countdown to new season... on 22:01 - Jul 26 with 1671 viewsOldjack

i just can't raise any positivity ,the only glimmer of hope i got is Potter can work miracles ,we shall see

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Countdown to new season... on 22:29 - Jul 26 with 1617 viewsTNT

Countdown to new season... on 13:17 - Jul 26 by Highjack

8 days AIAFLI

COYS

HJIAFC

The fancied Championship promotion candidates under-achieved last season, allowing a turd to surface. So anything is possible this season too.

HJIAFC (that'll be HJ, HJ?)

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Countdown to new season... on 23:52 - Jul 26 with 1553 viewsomarjack

Countdown to new season... on 21:31 - Jul 26 by pencoedjack

It’s difficult Tom ...

Defensively we may be OK

The centre of the park worries the fuk out of me, I hope Fer is back soon because Carroll running the show is beyond belief

Clucas maybe ok at this level

Mcburnie showed at Barnsley he can score in this division

Anyway how are you?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 21:32]

Defensively we'll probably be just fine. Won't ship more than 45 goals which is really good for the Championship. Surely we still need a new back up if Fede leaves.

The midfield needs sorting out as you said. Fer and Clucas better come at once..And we need a new effective addition or two without a doubt. One defensive, one attacking.

We have a ton of wingers..Which is good but still I'm not very satisfied with their quality. but probably they'll still do ok at this level..like Narsingh, Asoro, Dhanda and maybe Montero when fit..also if we sign a midfielder or a striker who can also play on the wings when required.

McBurnie will probably do good..but I see him scoring less than 15 goals. We definitely need a new striker to partner with him.

The squad needs work..that's for sure..4-5 signings without a doubt. And holding on until our 2 injured midfielders come back. And Potter will have to adapt quickly to the Championship stye of play.

It's hard to say where we'll end up. Hopefully top 6 but maybe that's a bit too optimistic for this season.

Unless, K & L & J decide not to bring in new recruits and rely on U23s for covers. That's when we're really f*cked..a finish below 15th.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 23:58]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Countdown to new season... on 06:40 - Jul 27 with 1487 views34dfgdf54

Countdown to new season... on 23:52 - Jul 26 by omarjack

Defensively we'll probably be just fine. Won't ship more than 45 goals which is really good for the Championship. Surely we still need a new back up if Fede leaves.

The midfield needs sorting out as you said. Fer and Clucas better come at once..And we need a new effective addition or two without a doubt. One defensive, one attacking.

We have a ton of wingers..Which is good but still I'm not very satisfied with their quality. but probably they'll still do ok at this level..like Narsingh, Asoro, Dhanda and maybe Montero when fit..also if we sign a midfielder or a striker who can also play on the wings when required.

McBurnie will probably do good..but I see him scoring less than 15 goals. We definitely need a new striker to partner with him.

The squad needs work..that's for sure..4-5 signings without a doubt. And holding on until our 2 injured midfielders come back. And Potter will have to adapt quickly to the Championship stye of play.

It's hard to say where we'll end up. Hopefully top 6 but maybe that's a bit too optimistic for this season.

Unless, K & L & J decide not to bring in new recruits and rely on U23s for covers. That's when we're really f*cked..a finish below 15th.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 23:58]

Didn’t you say a few weeks back we are guaranteed top 6?

Don’t get me wrong, I was quietly optimistic about the season ahead but as soon as the side was announced for Eibar, the reality hit home how poor we are and I’ve gone into panic mode if I’m being honest. Defence is decent I agree, but that midfield will get torn to shreds week in week out and will offer little to no protection for the back 3/4.

Also, playing devils advocate, what happens if Mcburnie picks up an injury, and he’s ruled out for a month or two, who have we got? Bony won’t be fit for ages, if ever. Season starts a week today, outgoings look like they are going to the wire, Potter saying there isn’t considerable amounts of money, we look in terrible shape imo.
Countdown to new season... on 10:02 - Jul 27 with 1410 viewsHighjack

7 days

SIUYJB

IFTSATYMCA

Countdown to new season... on 10:25 - Jul 27 with 1386 viewsHighjack

Countdown to new season... on 22:29 - Jul 26 by TNT

The fancied Championship promotion candidates under-achieved last season, allowing a turd to surface. So anything is possible this season too.

HJIAFC (that'll be HJ, HJ?)

Huw Jenkins IAFC

7 days oh yes IAFLI

Sheffield United 1 - Swansea City 7 (Naughton 3,7,13 Routledge pen 26 Clucas 72, 76 Mulder 90+9)

FLI

Countdown to new season... on 10:34 - Jul 27 with 1360 viewsomarjack

Countdown to new season... on 06:40 - Jul 27 by 34dfgdf54

Didn’t you say a few weeks back we are guaranteed top 6?

Don’t get me wrong, I was quietly optimistic about the season ahead but as soon as the side was announced for Eibar, the reality hit home how poor we are and I’ve gone into panic mode if I’m being honest. Defence is decent I agree, but that midfield will get torn to shreds week in week out and will offer little to no protection for the back 3/4.

Also, playing devils advocate, what happens if Mcburnie picks up an injury, and he’s ruled out for a month or two, who have we got? Bony won’t be fit for ages, if ever. Season starts a week today, outgoings look like they are going to the wire, Potter saying there isn’t considerable amounts of money, we look in terrible shape imo.

Well..I was a bit more optimistic early on. Because I assumed we'll have sorted out our squad already, Got rid of deadwood and big wages and made most of our signings..but I should have known better.

Still..there is time. The first few fixtures might hit us hard because hypothetical new signings will still not be prepared enough plus our injuries in midfield.

Having McBurnie as our only centre forward is obviously suicidal. We definitely need a new one..and soon. And if Bony is staying, Relying on him is pure insanity of course.

Potter said there won't be a "pot of gold"..well no sh!t. It's to be expected. It doesn't mean we can't have an acceptable window assuming we can keep hold of some of our best players who are willing to stay.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Countdown to new season... on 12:20 - Jul 27 with 1305 viewsCaptain_Sham

The worst thing that could happen already did. We got relegated. Getting relegated again, whilst not desirable, might even work out for the best in the long run. Norwich used League 1 as a springboard, and Soton are still in the Prem (as we know all to well) and they also fell to league 1.
We would still have Parachute payments next season(??) and by then we could have well and truly cleaned house.
I'm not saying I want us to go down, I guess I'm just I'm not fearing it.
Also how interested would the owners be in keeping a club in League 1?

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024