Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order 07:53 - Jul 27 with 3583 viewsthornabyswan

Worrying times these but what club would you compare us to.
The worse I can think of is Blackpool.
The best would be say someone like Norwich stagnate for a few years.
Worrying times though and asset stripping was always my big worry if we ever got relegated under this lot.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 08:17 - Jul 27 with 2774 viewsSwan91

I really do think we are getting our house in order.

you say we are being stripped bare.... but are we really? once the players come back from injury we still probably have a big squad and maybe 1 or 2 more players than we need...

and still looking at signing 1 or 2 more players so I think we still have more than enough players... would be nice if we bought 1 more LB though, so that we don't have to use grimes as back up there.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 08:22 - Jul 27 with 2753 viewsthornabyswan

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 08:17 - Jul 27 by Swan91

I really do think we are getting our house in order.

you say we are being stripped bare.... but are we really? once the players come back from injury we still probably have a big squad and maybe 1 or 2 more players than we need...

and still looking at signing 1 or 2 more players so I think we still have more than enough players... would be nice if we bought 1 more LB though, so that we don't have to use grimes as back up there.

I didn't say we were being stripped bare just asked the question.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 08:26 - Jul 27 with 2734 viewsicecoldjack

We are doing exactly what got us relegated. Stripping off the players with talent and cashing in while keeping the lesser steady eddy types, no doubt the squad will be diluted further as we get to the start of season.

Just look at what Stoke are doing and what we are doing . Nothing wrong with selling or cashing in but you must replace with quality, we've not done that in the last 3/4 yrs and that's why we went down.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 15:27]
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 08:39 - Jul 27 with 2675 viewsCaptain_Sham

Badly worded question. Its both.

Its just a ride.

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:04 - Jul 27 with 2572 viewsglobus10

Haven't got a clue what we are doing. There lies the problem. Do they?
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:16 - Jul 27 with 2510 viewsawayjack

Combination. We had to get costs down from the out of control cost base our incompetent Board got us into. Our Hedge fund owners will not invest a penny in the club, so we have to reduce our debts with no future promise of huge PL cheques to keep creditors happy.

What's frustrating is the very people that let our costs get out of control, sold to hedge fund and wasted tens of millions in woeful transfers are still in charge. But our Trust who are meant to protect club from such shameful behaviour still do nothing.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:23 - Jul 27 with 2482 viewsQJumpingJack

Over the last two years there seems to be no strategy from the leadership team in the board room.
That is a big problem for the club.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:28 - Jul 27 with 2465 viewsLoyal

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:23 - Jul 27 by QJumpingJack

Over the last two years there seems to be no strategy from the leadership team in the board room.
That is a big problem for the club.

Huw calling the shots, running a business with a history of business failure. Only one way we are going. The yanks strategy is open and clear, recover what has gone in, chip away at a few more dollars and get out.
No strategy for recovery, no vision for the future, and no communication.

I'm loving it, aren't you ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:32 - Jul 27 with 2442 viewsmoonie

Getting out is key. It's how they do so and to whom the club is sold.
We re going to have to be very lucky to get out if this.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 9:33]
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:08 - Jul 27 with 2325 views34dfgdf54

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:28 - Jul 27 by Loyal

Huw calling the shots, running a business with a history of business failure. Only one way we are going. The yanks strategy is open and clear, recover what has gone in, chip away at a few more dollars and get out.

This.

That's why I'm shocked Potter took this job on unless he was lied too from the start, which also wouldn't surprise me, I'd probably expect it.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:15 - Jul 27 with 2278 viewsBadlands

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:08 - Jul 27 by 34dfgdf54

This.

That's why I'm shocked Potter took this job on unless he was lied too from the start, which also wouldn't surprise me, I'd probably expect it.

How do you work that out?
Potter knew exactly what the situation was.
Delays in shipping players out has been down to three things - ridiculously inflated estimates, injuries, the difference between Europe and English Leagues over transfer deal line days.
Difficulty getting people in -
they don't want to come to way out west
people like Neil Taylor whispering in the background
we can't bring players in until we know who's going and how many and how much money that frees up.
Players in Europe are not atet fussed on Championship football (way out west) and are holding on until 31st August which is too late for us.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:22 - Jul 27 with 2249 viewsLoyal

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:15 - Jul 27 by Badlands

How do you work that out?
Potter knew exactly what the situation was.
Delays in shipping players out has been down to three things - ridiculously inflated estimates, injuries, the difference between Europe and English Leagues over transfer deal line days.
Difficulty getting people in -
they don't want to come to way out west
people like Neil Taylor whispering in the background
we can't bring players in until we know who's going and how many and how much money that frees up.
Players in Europe are not atet fussed on Championship football (way out west) and are holding on until 31st August which is too late for us.

This could be just what the club need. People stating facts that may or may not be true. Plays in to their hands.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:27 - Jul 27 with 2216 viewsBadlands

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:22 - Jul 27 by Loyal

This could be just what the club need. People stating facts that may or may not be true. Plays in to their hands.

Depends what you know to be true!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:31 - Jul 27 with 2184 viewsAl_Bundy

If our club was a corporate business (which in some way it is) then there would be accountability for success and failure. The fact we have fallen off the cliff edge by being relegated has a massive affect on revenue and p&l.

In the real world Jenkins would have been either sacked or asked to resign on the basis of last season. Badly recruited players and to maybe a lesser degree the appointment of Managers should have seen Jenkins ousted from the club one way or another.

Sadly Swansea has a fish bowl mentality.. the world appears to end at Port Talbot and the failure of Jenkins has been swept under the carpet. The likes of Bony and Ayew should not have been resigned. The likes of Watford , Brighton and to a lesser degree Huddersfield have all picked up some quality at the fraction of what we had spent.

Our owners are equally inept in running a sporting venture from a success on the pitch perspective. They must be making their investments work as the keep progressing but sadly at the expense of the status of each club.

If Jenkins had any balls or integrity he'd have walked at the end of last season. Sadly he seems convinced he can get us off the slippery slope he has created which he isn't going to achieve. Posters talk about bouncing back, well.. we won't !! the over hyped deadwood is still here on the pitch, Potter will try his best to rebuild with a gun to his head and maybe ultimately pay the price for Jenkins poor management.

Lets hope we get things sorted soon with the ego squad members who think they are actually better than they really are.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:34 - Jul 27 with 2176 viewsHighjack

I think the main problem is the players we needed to ship out early have either been injured or had surgery.

Mawson, Clucas, Bony, Fer. Four right there that probably would have gone by now freeing up space for new signings.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 11:52 - Jul 27 with 2019 viewsicecoldjack

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:28 - Jul 27 by Loyal

Nicely summed up and spot on comment there, we all knew the yanks game from day 1, they had a chance to make a marquee signing in Joe Allen and get every fan right behind them, once they failed to stump up on that it was clear what the plan was going to be.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 11:59 - Jul 27 with 1990 viewsthornabyswan

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 11:52 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

Nicely summed up and spot on comment there, we all knew the yanks game from day 1, they had a chance to make a marquee signing in Joe Allen and get every fan right behind them, once they failed to stump up on that it was clear what the plan was going to be.

Not quite as straight forward as that though is it.
They stumped u on Baston instead
And last season stumped up plenty on the likes of Bony Ayew Clucas Sanches and Abrahams.
Can't accuse them of not spending just most of what was bought was rubbish.

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 12:27 - Jul 27 with 1914 viewsSwan91

to be fair to the club.... most players that have left were players that wern't great/ wern''t involved with the club last season.. so have they really got rid of our talent or best players? not yet..

They also have been fixing problems we had last year.. with young players who in pre season have shown that they can be key parts of our team. Asoro on the wing looks deadly and Dhanda in the AM role looks like he will play that role well.

we got rid of Bartley (wasn't involved last season),
Ki(most people on here complained about him anyway),
Britton and Rangel(due to age I think they shouldn't be involved.. also didn't really play last season)
A.Ayew didn't have a good half a season for us, is on high wages and most people complained about him being here aswell.
Borja - again see above.. didn't play for us so makes no difference to us.

If we sell Mawson, J.Ayew, Fernandez and Clucas without bringing decent replacements Then I might agree with you. but as thing stands We just need that Celina winger (proven great Championship winger) and I would also suggest a CM like the liverpool youngster. and a LB
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 12:52 - Jul 27 with 1857 viewsAngelRangelQS

So is there any actual evidence that we are being "stripped bare"? I dont see how the Americans can be criticised for the money we have spent.... £15m on Borja, £20m on Ayew, god knows how much on Sanches last season, £17m on Clucas, Bony and his £100k a week or whatever it is... it isnt their fault it's been spend unwisely.

We have been spending £80m a year on wages which was worrying enough when we had £100m a year TV money coming in plus all the other trappings of being a PL club. Now, our parachute payment is £40m or thereabouts this season so we'd be absolutely screwed even if all the players had a 50% reduction on relegation which is doubtful. Our finances must be frightening at the moment.

I think the club are doing exactly the right thing in this window. Of course, the pain of this window is down to the shockingly bad decisions they've made over the last few years and the fact they've probably had to throw money at players in order to get them to come here.

I'd be very interested to know what people think the club should be doing differently...
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 13:08 - Jul 27 with 1814 viewsDevz00

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 12:52 - Jul 27 by AngelRangelQS

So is there any actual evidence that we are being "stripped bare"? I dont see how the Americans can be criticised for the money we have spent.... £15m on Borja, £20m on Ayew, god knows how much on Sanches last season, £17m on Clucas, Bony and his £100k a week or whatever it is... it isnt their fault it's been spend unwisely.

We have been spending £80m a year on wages which was worrying enough when we had £100m a year TV money coming in plus all the other trappings of being a PL club. Now, our parachute payment is £40m or thereabouts this season so we'd be absolutely screwed even if all the players had a 50% reduction on relegation which is doubtful. Our finances must be frightening at the moment.

I think the club are doing exactly the right thing in this window. Of course, the pain of this window is down to the shockingly bad decisions they've made over the last few years and the fact they've probably had to throw money at players in order to get them to come here.

I'd be very interested to know what people think the club should be doing differently...

I do agree with this. Potter is being punished by terrible decisions from previous transfer windows. We have wasted an obscene amount of money.

Our record signings in order:
Andre Ayew 18m
Borja Baston 15.5m
Sam Clucas 15m
Wilfried Bony 12m
Roque Mesa 11m

That’s not even mentioning Sanches.

You can argue whether some were just poor decisions or some were just unlucky that they didn’t work out. But, there’s been a hell of a lot of money spent there with very little return.

On the parachute payments, It is 55% in year one, 45% in year two and 20% in year 3. That’s based on the figure we received in our relegation season from the Premier League.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 13:23 - Jul 27 with 1758 viewsmoonie

People need to read albundy and understand exactly what is posted as it's exactly what it's all about.

He s not slagging off Swansea either,snowflakes .

It's a brilliant critique of our current situation.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 14:11 - Jul 27 with 1606 viewsProfessor

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 13:08 - Jul 27 by Devz00

I do agree with this. Potter is being punished by terrible decisions from previous transfer windows. We have wasted an obscene amount of money.

Our record signings in order:
Andre Ayew 18m
Borja Baston 15.5m
Sam Clucas 15m
Wilfried Bony 12m
Roque Mesa 11m

That’s not even mentioning Sanches.

You can argue whether some were just poor decisions or some were just unlucky that they didn’t work out. But, there’s been a hell of a lot of money spent there with very little return.

On the parachute payments, It is 55% in year one, 45% in year two and 20% in year 3. That’s based on the figure we received in our relegation season from the Premier League.

Only Clucas a regular starter. Perhaps Bony, if fit, would have had some impact. Poor signings especially Baston and Mesa. Ayew a mistake. Add on Sanches loan fee and that of Abraham (at least Tammy had a go), there goes a whole year's income.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 14:28 - Jul 27 with 1564 viewsjacksfullaces

on the no communication subject, what should we be expecting?

I know I'd love to have some idea of the long/medium/short term plans for the last few years, but we get little more than PR platitudes, and sometimes not even that.

But what realistically should we as fans expect to know?

Appreciate it would be the death knell of this board if we did know as we wouldn't have any of our resident experts providing us with their subjective (wrapped up as objective) business balls on the past, present and future.

In terms of the legality, competitive advantage stuff though, what would be reasonable for us to know. And by us, perhaps to muddy the waters further, what about us as trust members and therefore shareholders?

So average fan and trust member, in terms of strategy and vision, and regular communication of detail, what is reasonable?

Anyone?
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 14:47 - Jul 27 with 1508 viewsTheKirkyLife

Overreaction on this forum once again absolutely hilarious.

Getting the house in order. The only transfer that hasn't made sense is Bartley to direct rivals in West Brom. Then again he clearly wanted to go so why would we want him here? Amat seems very keen to stay after early impressions of Potter.

None of the players which I would consider our Championship first team (with the exception of Bartley MAYBE) have been sold and it looks like we may yet keep hold of Mawson, Bony etc.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 14:56 - Jul 27 with 1485 viewsthornabyswan

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 14:47 - Jul 27 by TheKirkyLife

Overreaction on this forum once again absolutely hilarious.

Getting the house in order. The only transfer that hasn't made sense is Bartley to direct rivals in West Brom. Then again he clearly wanted to go so why would we want him here? Amat seems very keen to stay after early impressions of Potter.

None of the players which I would consider our Championship first team (with the exception of Bartley MAYBE) have been sold and it looks like we may yet keep hold of Mawson, Bony etc.

It's the lack of incomings that worries me.
1 fit striker
And the midfield is woeful.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024