Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea VS SC Freiburg 14:55 - Jul 27 with 28541 viewsSwan91

Will be interesting to see what the team is like. I am guessing:

-------------------Nordvelt-------------------
Roberts------Amat------VDH--------Grimes
--------------Fulton------Carol--------------
Asoro-------------Dhanda-------------Montero
-------------------Mcburnie------------------

Maybe Naughton instead of Roberts... and maybe Narsingh instead of Montero. I hope routledge isn't starting and we try attacking wingers on both sides to start with! I think if J.Ayew doesn't feature this game then he is definitely going I guess.

Would also like to see Asoro play more as he was fatigued last game so didn't feature. I think we will look more attacking with him on aswell.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:34 - Jul 27 with 2917 viewsjack2jack

You make some pertinent points in fairness.If you could only cut out the abuse, it wouldn't be half bad👍
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:38 - Jul 27 with 2864 viewsomarjack

I haven't watched the match. And I'm one of the lucky ones it seems.

We played our best defence..Yet we shipped 3 goals from a mediocre side.

Jordan doesn't give a toss about the club so why playing him?

Carroll, Grimes and Fulton midfield should never be considered again.

We need 4 signings ASAP. No questions..and good signings obviously who can crack into the starting team. Not that it requires so much talent to do so at our club.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:46 - Jul 27 with 2817 viewsbuilthjack

Just in from work, so didn't see the game.
Reading the reports it looks like we were very very poor. Again.
I think Potter has a very hard job on his hands. It will take a few years to get it anywhere near right.
Jenkins, the Yanks, haven't helped, and not likely to financially. So yes, it will take time.
As fans we have to be patient, and get behind Potter and the team. Go to games, home, away, and support the players on the field, and the Manager.
As for Jenkins and the Yanks, they can feck off as soon as they like.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:50 - Jul 27 with 2787 viewsjasper_T

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:38 - Jul 27 by omarjack

I haven't watched the match. And I'm one of the lucky ones it seems.

We played our best defence..Yet we shipped 3 goals from a mediocre side.

Jordan doesn't give a toss about the club so why playing him?

Carroll, Grimes and Fulton midfield should never be considered again.

We need 4 signings ASAP. No questions..and good signings obviously who can crack into the starting team. Not that it requires so much talent to do so at our club.

A mediocre side in a division that is much better than the one we find ourselves in, to be fair.

A defence is more than just the back four. With a porous midfield in front of them even the best defenders struggle (see how we played under Bradley compared to Clement).

We haven't tried a Carroll, Grimes and Fulton midfield. Grimes has been playing at left back, where he doesn't offer anything going forward, and doesn't have the positional sense in defence. Potter really wants a left footer there, apparently.

Even when Jordan was making an effort (i.e. when the ball was already at his feet) he just dribbled pointlessly a few yards one way or the other, and then lost it. Can't wait until he's gone.

Last season's u23s would have battered today's side. An anchor in midfield, pace and purpose on the break, and Byers on free kicks. Toshack in imo.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:56 - Jul 27 with 2732 viewsElmo

"Last season's u23s would have battered today's side. An anchor in midfield, pace and purpose on the break, and Byers on free kicks"

Didnt see them much - who's the anchor, the pace and purpose ?

btw Byers seemed out of his depth at yeovil
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:02 - Jul 27 with 2715 viewsDarran

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:26 - Jul 27 by TheResurrection

I truly despise Swansea fans, especially the ones posting here.

WTF do you want Potter to do?? Play Mawson, Clucas and Fer during their rehab? Get Bony on for the last ten to see if his knee can hold up??

It's not so bloody easy just shipping players out under contract, especially on big wages. There's so many factors to consider and most of them seem well beyond the capability of the average poster in this thread.

The pre season is about minutes and getting back on the pitch. It's about Potter experimenting, he may do that for 20 minutes a time so you may see our look and style disjointed. It really isn't any sort of barometer for what's ahead.

Now by the time next week comes around we may have a new face or two come in, we may not, but we'll see a cohesive starting 11 with an identity of playing. And next week it will be back to all action hands to the pump. No more experimenting and assessing, it's back to business.

That's the time to start judging.

And as I've mentioned, we've got a load of players who may or may not still be here, we perhaps won't settle properly until a few weeks into the season. That's not great but there's not a lot anyone can do about it. It's the hand we've got to play with so why don't you all just stop being so facking pathetic and get behind the facking club you say you support.

F#cking Dick's.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:02 - Jul 27 with 2696 viewsAl_Bundy

WTF do you want Potter to do?? Play Mawson, Clucas and Fer during their rehab? Get Bony on for the last ten to see if his knee can hold up??

It's not so bloody easy just shipping players out under contract, especially on big wages. There's so many factors to consider and most of them seem well beyond the capability of the average poster in this thread.

The pre season is about minutes and getting back on the pitch. It's about Potter experimenting, he may do that for 20 minutes a time so you may see our look and style disjointed. It really isn't any sort of barometer for what's ahead.

Now by the time next week comes around we may have a new face or two come in, we may not, but we'll see a cohesive starting 11 with an identity of playing. And next week it will be back to all action hands to the pump. No more experimenting and assessing, it's back to business.

And as I've mentioned, we've got a load of players who may or may not still be here, we perhaps won't settle properly until a few weeks into the season. That's not great but there's not a lot anyone can do about it. It's the hand we've got to play with so why don't you all just stop being so facking pathetic and get behind the facking club you say you support.

F#cking Dick's.

We are not in a good place at all and will get even more unstable and messy when the league games starts. Hopefully your mate will be in Marbella by November.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:05 - Jul 27 with 2675 viewsSmellyplumz

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:02 - Jul 27 by Darran

Ain't that the truth.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:15 - Jul 27 with 2633 viewsjasper_T

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:56 - Jul 27 by Elmo

"Last season's u23s would have battered today's side. An anchor in midfield, pace and purpose on the break, and Byers on free kicks"

Didnt see them much - who's the anchor, the pace and purpose ?

btw Byers seemed out of his depth at yeovil

Jack Evans. Classy player, should be on the tour.

It's less about the personnel, though, more the structure. When you've got a sitting player good at breaking up attacks and covering in behind fullbacks, and Maric and Byers harassing further up, teams can't find the space and time to play with our centrebacks like Freiburg did today.

We gained a bit of control halfway through the first half when Amat shifted into midfield, but that left Fulton pushing up and doing very little (which his about his level at that end of the pitch).
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:52 - Jul 27 with 2495 viewsA_Fans_Dad

My biggest concern about Potter is playing players out of position.
I don't care if what he wants is a "left footed" player at left back, you have to play something that works.
We all know Naughton on the left and Roberts on the right gives us our best balance when Olsson is not available.
He is now saying he wants to rebuild confidence, after shattering it over 3 games, shades of Bradley here.
If the club is going to use Ollie up front then they should be looking at his Championship games to see how he and his team mates achieved getting 9 from 12 out of him.
What formation did they play, if they had a half decent striker with him, then that is going to be what it takes to get the best out of him.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 19:54]
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:06 - Jul 27 with 2434 viewsDaggyjack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:16 - Jul 27 by TheKirkyLife

It's true though. I'm not saying he's not a smart man and that we shouldn't back him, I'm saying he clearly has no idea where we're going wrong when we're wrong all over the pitch.

To be fair to Potter Kirky, he's currently working with a squad with a number of players who don't want to be at the club and is unable, it seems, to buy his players until these losers are sold.
I agree that it's a mess so close to the kick off but you can't blame Potter.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:32 - Jul 27 with 2364 viewsKingBony

F#cking Dick's.

Ha here he is 😂😂

Top 5 Res?

There’s only one facking mug around here fella.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:38 - Jul 27 with 2353 viewsmahoss

F#cking Dick's.

I watched them today.
Unless Potter gets the backing to sign some decent players,he'll be gone by Christmas.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:00 - Jul 27 with 2283 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:05 - Jul 27 by Smellyplumz

Ain't that the truth.

Maybe, maybe not. Or he could just be kicking back against the negativity without really believing what he’s posting. I can see why someone would get irrationally defensive - it hurts watching us be sh*t (which is what we are).

But he is wrong as usual, sadly. You don’t need much insight to know that Carroll and Grimes won’t boss a midfield. Grimes has failed everywhere he’s been since his Exeter days. Carroll is tidy, but ultimately ineffective. Fulton has only lookec tidy as as bit part player, or at least he was once. Did nothing in a lower league on loan last season though.

Teams near the top of this division have midfielders like Grealish or Shelvey. We don’t have that quality. Our forward options are crap too.

Good luck Graham, you’re going to need it. We’re being far too complacent in preparing this squad - it seriously lack quality even for this league.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:01 - Jul 27 with 2273 viewsElmo

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:15 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

Jack Evans. Classy player, should be on the tour.

It's less about the personnel, though, more the structure. When you've got a sitting player good at breaking up attacks and covering in behind fullbacks, and Maric and Byers harassing further up, teams can't find the space and time to play with our centrebacks like Freiburg did today.

We gained a bit of control halfway through the first half when Amat shifted into midfield, but that left Fulton pushing up and doing very little (which his about his level at that end of the pitch).

Good to know, thx. Concur re a dominant sitting player - something we lack in 1st team squad.

Best of the bunch is Clucas who could well evolve into a proper cdm. Amat has tried it before and struggled, lacking mobility/agility

Byers struggling vs Yeovil a worry if he is expected to step up tho
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:20 - Jul 27 with 2243 viewsbarrone86

F#cking Dick's.

Let’s be honest you are the biggest clown on here , you’ve got no clout anymore after wanting Gylfi and llorente sold , look where that got us you bell end, now crawl back under your rock you massive troll.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:24 - Jul 27 with 2228 viewsGowerjack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:07 - Jul 27 by clloy2

Help me out here boys- there must a conspiracy theory here somewhere.
Lets face it we had 7 seasons in the Prem, bringing in revenues close to 800m, and at the end of those 7 seasons- this is what we are able to put out on the playing field as the Swans first team, something's not right here surely. Lets face it with all that money, you would have to go out of your way to miss manage a club so badly that you ended up with a team like that. Surely in a normal run business that just wouldn't be possible.
Something ain't right !!!

Huw Jenkins.

The utter utter cûnt.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:29 - Jul 27 with 2211 viewsGowerjack

F#cking Dick's.

Maybe you should take Jenkins cock out of your mouth for a while...

You might find that your brain starts working then.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:30 - Jul 27 with 2202 viewsDewi1jack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 17:57 - Jul 27 by PozuelosSideys

I tell you all now. Ive personally watched none of pre season, listened or read no interviews by staff or players and not really read too much of teh chaos on here and i find myself naive enough to think we will do ok this season, unlike many on here who have subjected themselves to what seems utter sh1te.

Hopefully the cloud around the club leaves before Christmas, preferably with all the dross, overpaid rubbish and dark days and drab football.

Potter must be given time, he isnt a magician. We are quite likely to suck for a good few months and it isnt his fault. Its a rebuild and itll take a while

"Hopefully the cloud around the club leaves before Christmas, preferably with all the dross, overpaid rubbish and dark days and drab football. "

I was hoping the beaky tw@ would leave before the end of June, taking Shagger, Dimwit, the clog hoolie and every other fuking sell out prik with him.

Sooner we say goodbye for good to those b'stards the quicker we can get rebuilt

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:33 - Jul 27 with 2180 viewsjasper_T

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:01 - Jul 27 by Elmo

Good to know, thx. Concur re a dominant sitting player - something we lack in 1st team squad.

Best of the bunch is Clucas who could well evolve into a proper cdm. Amat has tried it before and struggled, lacking mobility/agility

Byers struggling vs Yeovil a worry if he is expected to step up tho

Clucas was appalling for us in that role. Hid from the ball, shy in the tackle, fcking Ki was a more effective enforcer.

I'm not a fan of Amat there either. Too slow on the turn as you say and doesn't take care of the ball well enough.

Yeovil was the first preseason game. That Scottish blood takes a while to detoxify after a holiday. Byers has something to offer us this season (if Dhanda doesn't steal a march on him).
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:51 - Jul 27 with 2071 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 17:49 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

I thought Asoro looked well controlled by their defence.
When Dyer came on he looked quicker than all the players including Montero, perhaps it is just his enthusiasm to "run around".

According to a Sunderland fan I spoke to on holiday. He couldn’t understand why, that somebody that was supposed to be a bit of a speed merchant, always wanted to cut in from wide positions rather than trying to beat the defender on the outside.

Yes he did admit that he had only seen him play for 6-7 games so maybe he only did that when this fan was at the game

If you know that a player is not going to try and beat the defender on the outside, it’s then easy to defend against that player and to stop him playing

It will be another case of another player and there’s plenty of them playing with the Swans, just playing the ball backwards
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:53 - Jul 27 with 2059 viewsElmo

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:33 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

Clucas was appalling for us in that role. Hid from the ball, shy in the tackle, fcking Ki was a more effective enforcer.

I'm not a fan of Amat there either. Too slow on the turn as you say and doesn't take care of the ball well enough.

Yeovil was the first preseason game. That Scottish blood takes a while to detoxify after a holiday. Byers has something to offer us this season (if Dhanda doesn't steal a march on him).

Clucas has many of the requisite attributes to smash it as cdm - given the proper coaching - Potter maybe ?
- athleticism
- heads-up, intelligence
- grafter
- box to box as and when
bit of a Pratley (no pun intended)

Agree, Byers has a talent - Grealish-esque in some ways., twt if and when the iron bru kicks in
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 22:40 - Jul 27 with 1935 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:24 - Jul 27 by Gowerjack

Huw Jenkins.

The utter utter cûnt.

We paid £700,000 compo for Potter and co.

Potter has a 4 year contract.

Somebody at the club is very sure about Harry’s ability.
Please God that Harry is tbe real deal.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 23:25 - Jul 27 with 1849 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:00 - Jul 27 by LeonWasGod

Maybe, maybe not. Or he could just be kicking back against the negativity without really believing what he’s posting. I can see why someone would get irrationally defensive - it hurts watching us be sh*t (which is what we are).

But he is wrong as usual, sadly. You don’t need much insight to know that Carroll and Grimes won’t boss a midfield. Grimes has failed everywhere he’s been since his Exeter days. Carroll is tidy, but ultimately ineffective. Fulton has only lookec tidy as as bit part player, or at least he was once. Did nothing in a lower league on loan last season though.

Teams near the top of this division have midfielders like Grealish or Shelvey. We don’t have that quality. Our forward options are crap too.

Good luck Graham, you’re going to need it. We’re being far too complacent in preparing this squad - it seriously lack quality even for this league.

Can you imagine a midfield made up of Carroll, Grimes and Fulton???

You will need a cricket scorecard to keep up with the score against the Swans

If any of those players mentioned above are picked for the game against Sheffield United, it will be a toss up which one will be substituted before the other two

I can’t believe posters are even mentioning any of those three players in any game

If you can’t win the midfield, then you have no hope of getting 3 points if any at all
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 00:08 - Jul 28 with 1790 viewsclloy2

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:38 - Jul 27 by mahoss

I watched them today.
Unless Potter gets the backing to sign some decent players,he'll be gone by Christmas.

If that happens, then its another case of a good managers career trashed because of an incompetent board.
Personally I think they got off lightly last season, I don't see them getting away with miss management /murder next season. Petty mk2 will return to the liberty for the first time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024