Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea VS SC Freiburg 14:55 - Jul 27 with 28543 viewsSwan91

Will be interesting to see what the team is like. I am guessing:

-------------------Nordvelt-------------------
Roberts------Amat------VDH--------Grimes
--------------Fulton------Carol--------------
Asoro-------------Dhanda-------------Montero
-------------------Mcburnie------------------

Maybe Naughton instead of Roberts... and maybe Narsingh instead of Montero. I hope routledge isn't starting and we try attacking wingers on both sides to start with! I think if J.Ayew doesn't feature this game then he is definitely going I guess.

Would also like to see Asoro play more as he was fatigued last game so didn't feature. I think we will look more attacking with him on aswell.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 07:43 - Jul 28 with 2183 viewsawayjack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:24 - Jul 27 by Gowerjack

Huw Jenkins.

The utter utter cûnt.

This x 10. The money wasted is off the scale of incompetence.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 07:47 - Jul 28 with 2174 viewsTailGunner

Anyone even hinting blame at Potter for this is mental.
Nobody on the planet can shape a side out of what is available to him at present.
Get injured players back & we are ok.

That will be some time though, so BACK HIM NOW scfc and get some signings in.
Feckin pronto.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 08:47 - Jul 28 with 2101 viewsicecoldjack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 21:53 - Jul 27 by Elmo

Clucas has many of the requisite attributes to smash it as cdm - given the proper coaching - Potter maybe ?
- athleticism
- heads-up, intelligence
- grafter
- box to box as and when
bit of a Pratley (no pun intended)

Agree, Byers has a talent - Grealish-esque in some ways., twt if and when the iron bru kicks in

Honestly, we'd be better off just 're signing pratley ! And it won't cost us £17 m quid and we won't be disappointed if he hides from the ball, always placing himself between opposition players so as to not take the pass.

Joke of a player and it says everything that he will be one of the better ones in our joking midfield.

As for the Res, nobody takes him serious anymore, he's just comedy value and nothing more.

Jenks and Co. Have fooked us over, been saying it on here for years,things will get worse before they better, I pray for potter to pull a few rabbits out the hat and get a bit of luck.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 9:50]
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:02 - Jul 28 with 2060 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 07:43 - Jul 28 by awayjack

This x 10. The money wasted is off the scale of incompetence.

There's no one else in world football who could do the job for £600k a year, mun!

Do keep up.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:06 - Jul 28 with 2044 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 17:55 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

The thing that is most annoying, is that yet again we have completely wasted a close season.

We haven’t brought in the players we need, haven’t shipped out the ones we need, haven’t been able to work on a shape with players that will be here, haven’t worked on partnerships.

It’s just shocking. We are simply not learning any lessons.

I would have thought that someone with your intellect would know exactly what is going to happen

The Yanks will not put any more of their own money into the Swans, so any more players coming in will have to be self financing

Remembering as well that some big earners are still at the club and nobody knows yet in how much Swansea are paying out to support wages for loan players
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:07 - Jul 28 with 2043 viewsUxbridge

I'll probably regret saying this, but there's plenty of merit to what Res said there, once you move past the vitriol. Pre season is often no judge whatsoever (I still remember our worst preseason I witnessed preceding our most enjoyable season), it's not always easy to just ship out the players that you need to ship out (often because no one is willing to pay what we need), Potter should be given plenty of time to try and make something of this situation and now really isn't the time to judge him at all.

Saying that, recruitment has been a shambles for a long time, the players we are seeking to ship out shouldn't really have been bought in the first place, and who wouldn't be concerned with the lack of movement, even if there is some way to go in the window. We look unprepared for the start of the season. We looked worryingly shoddy yesterday and it's difficult to see where an upturn will come from (if we're relying on Montero then we'll all be on tenterhooks that he doesn't chip a nail and is out for 6 months). The signs are not good, but to be blunt, this always looked a massive rebuild job, not just in terms of personnel but style of play.

I'm sure the support will be there at the start. What happens after that will be interesting. If there isn't a lot more movement, if things don't look like picking up on the pitch, I can see things getting very toxic very quickly down there. Rightly or wrongly.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:13 - Jul 28 with 2024 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 07:47 - Jul 28 by TailGunner

Anyone even hinting blame at Potter for this is mental.
Nobody on the planet can shape a side out of what is available to him at present.
Get injured players back & we are ok.

That will be some time though, so BACK HIM NOW scfc and get some signings in.
Feckin pronto.

Perhaps it’s Potter that’s mental by taking on the Swansea job

He knew what was in front of him and how Swansea did things, as he had plenty of advice from those that were in Swansea before
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:22 - Jul 28 with 2001 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:02 - Jul 28 by WarwickHunt

There's no one else in world football who could do the job for £600k a year, mun!

Do keep up.

He knows the club, by fans for fans etc. etc.

Absolutely disgraceful

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:26 - Jul 28 with 1992 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:07 - Jul 28 by Uxbridge

I'll probably regret saying this, but there's plenty of merit to what Res said there, once you move past the vitriol. Pre season is often no judge whatsoever (I still remember our worst preseason I witnessed preceding our most enjoyable season), it's not always easy to just ship out the players that you need to ship out (often because no one is willing to pay what we need), Potter should be given plenty of time to try and make something of this situation and now really isn't the time to judge him at all.

Saying that, recruitment has been a shambles for a long time, the players we are seeking to ship out shouldn't really have been bought in the first place, and who wouldn't be concerned with the lack of movement, even if there is some way to go in the window. We look unprepared for the start of the season. We looked worryingly shoddy yesterday and it's difficult to see where an upturn will come from (if we're relying on Montero then we'll all be on tenterhooks that he doesn't chip a nail and is out for 6 months). The signs are not good, but to be blunt, this always looked a massive rebuild job, not just in terms of personnel but style of play.

I'm sure the support will be there at the start. What happens after that will be interesting. If there isn't a lot more movement, if things don't look like picking up on the pitch, I can see things getting very toxic very quickly down there. Rightly or wrongly.

There must be some deals in place that can be auctioned when either Mawson/Fernandez/Jordan Ayew get sold. If these come through and we pick up a good forward, a good CDM and MF and a centre half things won't be too bad at all. I trust Potter to mould a very competitive side out of what we have now and those new additions, especially if we can add a little bit more in the January window.

If this doesn't happen I can guarantee the liberty will become a no go area for certain people and rightfully so. The anger and resentment overdue from last year will flood out and feelings will be made very clear indeed. Bad publicity will soon make it over the pond and hopefully Steve and Jason will be questioned over their unerring knack of turning decent sporting clubs into free falling failures as they suck on the corpses like the vampires they truly are.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:39 - Jul 28 with 1964 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:26 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

There must be some deals in place that can be auctioned when either Mawson/Fernandez/Jordan Ayew get sold. If these come through and we pick up a good forward, a good CDM and MF and a centre half things won't be too bad at all. I trust Potter to mould a very competitive side out of what we have now and those new additions, especially if we can add a little bit more in the January window.

If this doesn't happen I can guarantee the liberty will become a no go area for certain people and rightfully so. The anger and resentment overdue from last year will flood out and feelings will be made very clear indeed. Bad publicity will soon make it over the pond and hopefully Steve and Jason will be questioned over their unerring knack of turning decent sporting clubs into free falling failures as they suck on the corpses like the vampires they truly are.

You have followed football long enough to know that it takes time for a single player to gel into a team let alone as you say 4 new players

Is it not a week today the Swans play their first game

The first 6 or 7 games for the Swans in the Championship are not easy games and I don’t see them getting many points in those games

If that happens, lack of confidence sets in with the downward spiralling effect that will have
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:55 - Jul 28 with 1921 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 23:25 - Jul 27 by valleyboy

Can you imagine a midfield made up of Carroll, Grimes and Fulton???

You will need a cricket scorecard to keep up with the score against the Swans

If any of those players mentioned above are picked for the game against Sheffield United, it will be a toss up which one will be substituted before the other two

I can’t believe posters are even mentioning any of those three players in any game

If you can’t win the midfield, then you have no hope of getting 3 points if any at all

Oh bore off FFS - How many times????

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:02 - Jul 28 with 1909 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:55 - Jul 28 by TheResurrection

Oh bore off FFS - How many times????

Don't you dare speak to your father like that!

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:17 - Jul 28 with 1870 viewsmarchamjack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:02 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Don't you dare speak to your father like that!

In fairness to the Yanks, they've never lied to us from the off on their sell before we buy mantra. They said it pretty much grom the off and they've stuck to it.

Where they've fckd up is doing the deals late and replacing decent players with worse in an ever decreasing spiral of shtness.

How Potter took the job I'll never know.

And how some fans on here and on twitter and on the Trust fb keep expressing their surprise at our lack of signings, cintinues to mystify me.

How the Yanks get out of this debacle though now is the most worrying aspect of it all to me going forwards.

I see on another thread some are hoping Grimes come good...not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Anyway, look forward to more happy clappy responses.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:19 - Jul 28 with 1859 viewsUxbridge

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:26 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I tend to agree. I suspect deals will be made if we sell and that they're identified. Longer it goes, more likely things go awry though.

Big couple of weeks. Lots riding on it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:23 - Jul 28 with 1840 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:39 - Jul 28 by valleyboy

You have followed football long enough to know that it takes time for a single player to gel into a team let alone as you say 4 new players

Is it not a week today the Swans play their first game

The first 6 or 7 games for the Swans in the Championship are not easy games and I don’t see them getting many points in those games

If that happens, lack of confidence sets in with the downward spiralling effect that will have

Of course they'll take time to gel, I didn't say they'd all hit the ground running! If it takes a month we can still catch up and that's assuming we lose every one of the first 5 games.

In reality we've got a more than good enough defence and it's our lack of teeth up front which will probably make for more nil nil draws than losses.

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:29 - Jul 28 with 1820 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:23 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course they'll take time to gel, I didn't say they'd all hit the ground running! If it takes a month we can still catch up and that's assuming we lose every one of the first 5 games.

In reality we've got a more than good enough defence and it's our lack of teeth up front which will probably make for more nil nil draws than losses.

“in reality we’ve got more than a good enough defence”

Who are those players then???
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:42 - Jul 28 with 1787 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:29 - Jul 28 by valleyboy

“in reality we’ve got more than a good enough defence”

Who are those players then???

Olsson, Fernandez, VDH, Amat, Roberts and Naughtiness will be fine at this level. The reason we got relegated was we couldn't put the round leathery thing in the oppositions net. Llorente was sorely missed last year, cost us gravely not replacing him properly.

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:49 - Jul 28 with 1771 viewsJango

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:42 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Olsson, Fernandez, VDH, Amat, Roberts and Naughtiness will be fine at this level. The reason we got relegated was we couldn't put the round leathery thing in the oppositions net. Llorente was sorely missed last year, cost us gravely not replacing him properly.

Cheer up guys. Week today and it’s kick off. We’ll see a proper system, our best possible 11 and not 11 subs at half time. Players to come back from injury, 2 or 3 new faces to come in and more time for potter to work his magic. I cant wait. Top 6 finish with some lovely football. Those betting against the swans need a good slap.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:57 - Jul 28 with 1754 viewsraynor94

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:49 - Jul 28 by Jango

Cheer up guys. Week today and it’s kick off. We’ll see a proper system, our best possible 11 and not 11 subs at half time. Players to come back from injury, 2 or 3 new faces to come in and more time for potter to work his magic. I cant wait. Top 6 finish with some lovely football. Those betting against the swans need a good slap.

Super post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 11:14 - Jul 28 with 1728 viewsFireboy2

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:57 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Super post!

Agreed

Good to see some pma

Well done jango
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 11:40 - Jul 28 with 1677 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How did the men with white coats let you out?
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 12:29 - Jul 28 with 1632 viewsTheResurrection

Great post.

Can I do the slapping.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 14:36 - Jul 28 with 1536 viewsLoyal

As opposed to a bad slap ? 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:22 - Jul 28 with 1421 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:42 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Will Fernandez be here next Saturday???

Will VDH be fit for next Saturday???

Do you think Amat is good enough for the Championship???

The reason the Swans got relegated last season was because of midfield players that were not good enough to play in the Premier League
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:26 - Jul 28 with 1416 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 09:06 - Jul 28 by valleyboy

I would have thought that someone with your intellect would know exactly what is going to happen

The Yanks will not put any more of their own money into the Swans, so any more players coming in will have to be self financing

Remembering as well that some big earners are still at the club and nobody knows yet in how much Swansea are paying out to support wages for loan players

Of course it needs to be self financing.

But we need to get players out to sort out the financial situation and invest in the team (at a lower level).

We don’t need to make the same mistake as we did last season where we turn down offers weeks ago to hold out for a million or so more and scupper our entire pre season as a result.

The whole thing needs to be sensible, but it also needs to be managed without a ridiculous belief that getting back up will be a doddle because our players are premier league quality and we were unlucky. They absolutely are not and we were not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024