Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea VS SC Freiburg 14:55 - Jul 27 with 28147 viewsSwan91

Will be interesting to see what the team is like. I am guessing:

-------------------Nordvelt-------------------
Roberts------Amat------VDH--------Grimes
--------------Fulton------Carol--------------
Asoro-------------Dhanda-------------Montero
-------------------Mcburnie------------------

Maybe Naughton instead of Roberts... and maybe Narsingh instead of Montero. I hope routledge isn't starting and we try attacking wingers on both sides to start with! I think if J.Ayew doesn't feature this game then he is definitely going I guess.

Would also like to see Asoro play more as he was fatigued last game so didn't feature. I think we will look more attacking with him on aswell.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:53 - Jul 28 with 1698 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:26 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

Of course it needs to be self financing.

But we need to get players out to sort out the financial situation and invest in the team (at a lower level).

We don’t need to make the same mistake as we did last season where we turn down offers weeks ago to hold out for a million or so more and scupper our entire pre season as a result.

The whole thing needs to be sensible, but it also needs to be managed without a ridiculous belief that getting back up will be a doddle because our players are premier league quality and we were unlucky. They absolutely are not and we were not.

“We need to get players out to sort out the finacial situation and invest in the team”

Exactly

But that is easier said than done

Why would the likes of Bony want to move in a hurry when he knows he won’t get the wages he’s on at Swansea if he moves to another club unless there some financial offering that needs to be made

The same can be said about Fernandez and Clucus as well
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:56 - Jul 28 with 1689 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 10:42 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Olsson, Fernandez, VDH, Amat, Roberts and Naughtiness will be fine at this level. The reason we got relegated was we couldn't put the round leathery thing in the oppositions net. Llorente was sorely missed last year, cost us gravely not replacing him properly.

As you have mentioned Lloriente in your posting.

Do you think he would have been scoring goals like he did the season before without Sigurdsson in the midfield
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:56 - Jul 28 with 1689 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:53 - Jul 28 by valleyboy

“We need to get players out to sort out the finacial situation and invest in the team”

Exactly

Why would the likes of Bony want to move in a hurry when he knows he won’t get the wages he’s on at Swansea if he moves to another club unless there some financial offering that needs to be made

Moot point Haydn. Bony is injured.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 17:44 - Jul 28 with 1609 viewsRancid

I saw 5 minutes on Youtube and we looked ok just didnt take our chances and they did.Looked like 3-0 flattered Freiburg.Im sure the fallout on this thread will read differently.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 18:52 - Jul 28 with 1533 viewsjasper_T

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 17:44 - Jul 28 by Rancid

I saw 5 minutes on Youtube and we looked ok just didnt take our chances and they did.Looked like 3-0 flattered Freiburg.Im sure the fallout on this thread will read differently.

They hit the post at least once, had one ruled out for offside. Could easily have been 4 or 5.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:13 - Jul 28 with 1502 viewsMoscowJack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:26 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

Of course it needs to be self financing.

But we need to get players out to sort out the financial situation and invest in the team (at a lower level).

We don’t need to make the same mistake as we did last season where we turn down offers weeks ago to hold out for a million or so more and scupper our entire pre season as a result.

The whole thing needs to be sensible, but it also needs to be managed without a ridiculous belief that getting back up will be a doddle because our players are premier league quality and we were unlucky. They absolutely are not and we were not.

You're right.

What we desperately need (a creative no.10 or creative no.8) isn't within the squad at present and we won't be able to get one in until we've sold a few players.

I think we need to raise at least £40m from sales to get anywhere near breaking even this season, but probably not far off £50m, so we'd probably need to raise £70m to get any spending money. Getting rid of Andre Ayew saves £3m a year on wages but the main things will be getting some good money for the more saleable players:

Mawson (£25m)
Jordan Ayew (£15m)
Bony (£8m)
Clucas (£12m)
Fernandez (£6m)

This will get us around £66m and save roughly £12m a season on wages too.

The numbers can be played around with quite a bit (especially considering anget fees, pay-offs, loan subsidies, etc) but this could allow us around £20m in signings, based on significantly lower salaries than those outgoing.

I can't remember how much Fabianski's fee was but I think it was around £5m so there's very little left to really strengthen the team unless (a) other players go to or (b) we get higher fees than I've predicted above.

The rest of our squad (if all of the above are sold) isn't worth much and won't be good enough on its own to give us a chance of promotion next season....or to give us much extra money in the kitty to reinforce it, even if we could find anyone to buy any of them. Leroy Fer could be sold but I also think he COULD be one of the most important players for us next season.

I think we're going to have to hope that our main targets (and I really hope we have some) are still available when we finally get some players out as I think the Yanks are very reluctant to add, just in case they can't offload enough players.

I think this proves two things to me - one is that the Yanks aren't going to INVEST but the second is that I don't think we're going to see any money disappear back over the pond. I hope to Curt that I'm right about the second part!

Finally, Fulham had SIX loan players last season and were a joy to watch at times. They were clever in their recruitment and it's not the worst model in the world to follow.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:58 - Jul 28 with 1427 viewsGaryjack

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 19:13 - Jul 28 by MoscowJack

You're right.

What we desperately need (a creative no.10 or creative no.8) isn't within the squad at present and we won't be able to get one in until we've sold a few players.

I think we need to raise at least £40m from sales to get anywhere near breaking even this season, but probably not far off £50m, so we'd probably need to raise £70m to get any spending money. Getting rid of Andre Ayew saves £3m a year on wages but the main things will be getting some good money for the more saleable players:

Mawson (£25m)
Jordan Ayew (£15m)
Bony (£8m)
Clucas (£12m)
Fernandez (£6m)

This will get us around £66m and save roughly £12m a season on wages too.

The numbers can be played around with quite a bit (especially considering anget fees, pay-offs, loan subsidies, etc) but this could allow us around £20m in signings, based on significantly lower salaries than those outgoing.

I can't remember how much Fabianski's fee was but I think it was around £5m so there's very little left to really strengthen the team unless (a) other players go to or (b) we get higher fees than I've predicted above.

The rest of our squad (if all of the above are sold) isn't worth much and won't be good enough on its own to give us a chance of promotion next season....or to give us much extra money in the kitty to reinforce it, even if we could find anyone to buy any of them. Leroy Fer could be sold but I also think he COULD be one of the most important players for us next season.

I think we're going to have to hope that our main targets (and I really hope we have some) are still available when we finally get some players out as I think the Yanks are very reluctant to add, just in case they can't offload enough players.

I think this proves two things to me - one is that the Yanks aren't going to INVEST but the second is that I don't think we're going to see any money disappear back over the pond. I hope to Curt that I'm right about the second part!

Finally, Fulham had SIX loan players last season and were a joy to watch at times. They were clever in their recruitment and it's not the worst model in the world to follow.

Believe me Nick. At this moment in time, we are more likely to get a higher fee for Routledge than we would Bony. He is worthless, and we will continue to pay his wage until at least January as he is still on the table and no one is going to take a punt on him even on loan to free up his wage. If we sold J Ayew for half of what you quoted i'd be amazed.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:15 - Jul 28 with 1406 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 16:53 - Jul 28 by valleyboy

Exactly

It is easier said than done. I agree with you.

But we’ve turned down bids for certain players already in the hope we’ll get a bit more. See last summer for form doing the same.

Bony I agree is a difficult one. It was always a spectacularly stupid signing and we are reaping the rewards now.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:38 - Jul 28 with 1376 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:15 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

It is easier said than done. I agree with you.

But we’ve turned down bids for certain players already in the hope we’ll get a bit more. See last summer for form doing the same.

Bony I agree is a difficult one. It was always a spectacularly stupid signing and we are reaping the rewards now.

“But we’ve turned down bids for certain players already in the hope we’ll get a bit more”

Wasn’t that what happened last season and the Swans landed up with Clucas (Clueless)

£17 million for a Division One player and I bet there was nothing in his contract that said his wages would be reduced if the Swans were relegated
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:42 - Jul 28 with 1368 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 20:38 - Jul 28 by valleyboy

“But we’ve turned down bids for certain players already in the hope we’ll get a bit more”

Wasn’t that what happened last season and the Swans landed up with Clucas (Clueless)

£17 million for a Division One player and I bet there was nothing in his contract that said his wages would be reduced if the Swans were relegated

It is what happened last season, hence why I said I don’t think we’ve learned from it.

Let’s hope that we get some out sharpish this week and start bringing some balance to the squad. If we don’t, I think we are going to find this a tough season again.

I don’t expect Potter to work miracles, I don’t expect him to get promotion this year, and anyone blaming him is misguided in my opinion, but I do expect the owners and chairman to give him a chance. At the moment, they are not doing that.
Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 22:11 - Jul 28 with 1276 viewsTheKirkyLife

Swansea VS SC Freiburg on 17:44 - Jul 28 by Rancid

The highlights flatter us. You're absolutely right, we didn't take chances. That said they hit the bar twice haha

It's hard to say it could have been 3-1 because it could have been 5-2 as well. Freiburg deserved their margin for sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024