Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Geraint 16:43 - Jul 28 with 7794 viewsUplandsJack

Have to say massive well done to our lad Geraint Thomas on becoming the first ever Welsh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿winner of the Tour De France !!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

This post has been edited by an administrator
Congratulations to Geraint on 13:32 - Jul 30 with 1986 viewsdickythorpe

Congratulations to Geraint on 10:03 - Jul 30 by moonie

With respect dicky, plenty of cyclists like me wear Lycra ,as does my missus. It's the best clothing to wear to ride a bike.

I have a little tummy . Ive put four inches in my waist ,over forty years mind you.

What we should be encouraging is shallow,feckless ,mobile phone obsessed dummies to get the feck off line and do some excercise in the fresh air too. Better than texting aimless crap at friends .
I'm truly over the moon over G and if he inspires anyone to get fitter and healthier then food.

What we really need is for motorists to understand the road is not simply for cars ...their car.

But Perch, you have always bee into it. What I can not tolerate is those that have shown no interest and then all of a sudden tke to the roads thinking that's all it takes.
I bet you look lovely now you are filling out x x
Congratulations to Geraint on 13:37 - Jul 30 with 1980 viewsmoonie

Fair riposte but anything that gets this obese,lazy, citizens fitter is OK by me.
Look around ,it's appalling, we re eating ourselves to death ,literally.
Look at the pre pubescent kids with layers pof flab

If we saw a kid in the street with bones showing we d report it but we don't with a kid three stones overweight .

I cycle now as I can't run for that long because of Achilles and knee injuries of old but I'm gonna carry on until I can't
Congratulations to Geraint on 13:47 - Jul 30 with 1968 viewsBatterseajack

I took to cycling after Wiggos win. The more the merrier in my eyes as we're becoming a nation of physically inactive people. Anything that counters this is great, and if it takes a welsh person to win the TdF to get people to take up the sport, then so be it.
Congratulations to Geraint on 13:57 - Jul 30 with 1954 viewsmoonie

Batt.

We re looking at a health time bomb . The NHS faces real challenges from people who are grossly obese or basically are inactive . Penny not dropped yet .

We need our kids to get healthier ,in particular.

It's not too late for older people
Congratulations to Geraint on 14:13 - Jul 30 with 1948 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Geraint on 10:03 - Jul 30 by moonie

With respect dicky, plenty of cyclists like me wear Lycra ,as does my missus. It's the best clothing to wear to ride a bike.

I have a little tummy . Ive put four inches in my waist ,over forty years mind you.

What we should be encouraging is shallow,feckless ,mobile phone obsessed dummies to get the feck off line and do some excercise in the fresh air too. Better than texting aimless crap at friends .
I'm truly over the moon over G and if he inspires anyone to get fitter and healthier then food.

What we really need is for motorists to understand the road is not simply for cars ...their car.

A cursory glance at the Highway Code wouldn't go amiss from a lot of the cyclists round my way either.

Just the basics - indicating, a modicum of lane discipline, single file on main/narrow roads, stopping at traffic lights, keeping off the fùcking pavement...
Congratulations to Geraint on 14:26 - Jul 30 with 1937 viewsSPboy

Congratulations to Geraint on 14:13 - Jul 30 by WarwickHunt

A cursory glance at the Highway Code wouldn't go amiss from a lot of the cyclists round my way either.

Just the basics - indicating, a modicum of lane discipline, single file on main/narrow roads, stopping at traffic lights, keeping off the fùcking pavement...

Ditto for the boy racers, taxi drivers, bus drivers, white van man, HGV & those too old drive
Congratulations to Geraint on 15:32 - Jul 30 with 1913 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations to Geraint on 14:26 - Jul 30 by SPboy

Ditto for the boy racers, taxi drivers, bus drivers, white van man, HGV & those too old drive

Yep - I hate twàts on the road, whatever their mode of transport.
Congratulations to Geraint on 15:39 - Jul 30 with 1899 viewsmoonie

Highway Code for all road users even tw@ts in 4x4 on the school run in Islington and Cheam ,not forgetting the wazacks driving killer white vans
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Geraint on 17:25 - Jul 30 with 1865 viewsLeonWasGod

Congratulations to Geraint on 14:13 - Jul 30 by WarwickHunt

It's not only legal, but recommended that cyclists ride two abreast as they're more visible and it's easier to pass them (take less time than if they're strung out). Just saying. Maybe a cursory glance at the Highway Code wouldn't go amiss?
Congratulations to Geraint on 18:12 - Jul 30 with 1853 viewsperplex

Congratulations to Geraint on 13:47 - Jul 30 by Batterseajack

I took to cycling after Wiggos win. The more the merrier in my eyes as we're becoming a nation of physically inactive people. Anything that counters this is great, and if it takes a welsh person to win the TdF to get people to take up the sport, then so be it.

Yep there are cycle tracks, running tracks, football fields, Gyms, the list of fitness opportunities is endless, however cyclists on roads especially narrow country roads are a danger they slow down traffic and frustrate tax paying road users, the bad cyclists and there are plenty of them have little road sense, and then you get the ignorant ones who ride 3 abreast chatting to each other whilst swaying everywhere.
Congratulations to Geraint on 19:24 - Jul 30 with 1833 viewsLeonWasGod

Congratulations to Geraint on 18:12 - Jul 30 by perplex

Yep there are cycle tracks, running tracks, football fields, Gyms, the list of fitness opportunities is endless, however cyclists on roads especially narrow country roads are a danger they slow down traffic and frustrate tax paying road users, the bad cyclists and there are plenty of them have little road sense, and then you get the ignorant ones who ride 3 abreast chatting to each other whilst swaying everywhere.

Seriously? Slow you down? How much time have you spent stuck behind cyclists compared to stuck in traffic jams, or at lights? What are we talking about here, 20 or 30 seconds at the most... Why can’t people spend 20 seconds being mindful of someone else?

Oh, and most adult ‘cyclists’ are tax paying road users.
Congratulations to Geraint on 21:30 - Jul 30 with 1794 viewsdickythorpe

The roads are more busier and more dangerous than ever. These big racers and lately courier vans need to be restricted and legislation needs to be in force via technology to track how poor their driving is.
Cyclists are a red rag to a bull fir those "in a rush" types.
Congratulations to Geraint on 14:48 - Jul 31 with 1730 viewsLord_Bony

Congratulations to Geraint on 21:30 - Jul 30 by dickythorpe

The roads are more busier and more dangerous than ever. These big racers and lately courier vans need to be restricted and legislation needs to be in force via technology to track how poor their driving is.
Cyclists are a red rag to a bull fir those "in a rush" types.

well done geraint and well done to the fans from Wales

Nice to see you went to the same school as Gareth Bale and Sam Warburton my son will be attending it in two years

his kudos has now risen considerably and sky will now have to add a few noughts on the end of his contract which is due for renewal soon.:-)

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Congratulations to Geraint on 19:15 - Jul 31 with 1684 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024