Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
INACTIVITY YET AGAIN 06:33 - Jul 30 with 2747 viewsSWANSEYE

I for one am getting totally fed up with our Clubs total lack of activity in the Transfer Window . . Once again it looks as though we are bereft of ideas and are looking again for last minute bargain basement signings which shows no ambition in getting us back up at the first attempt into the Premiership. Surely something MUST be done to eradicate this senseless lack of ambition Season after Season after Season . . We have a new young energetic Manager in at the helm who is looking to get us back to our old playing style but once again this Board appears to have given him no financial backing at all leaving him to make excuses for the state of the Transfer Market etc and how hard it is to attract the right type of player to the Club when surely the right investment will get the right player in at a time where they can blend into the existing squad. I fear for the start of our Season currently with the injuries and uncertainty around some of our key players and just hope we do not have another lacklustre Season to look forward to.
INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 08:14 - Jul 30 with 2543 viewsSTID2017

I'd give my right arm for a lacklustre season - that's suggests neither involved in relegation or promotion.
The way some are going on on this board, you'd swear we were already doomed - "DOOMED, I tell yer ! "

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 08:24 - Jul 30 with 2510 viewsLoyal

Policy is cleafly go with what they have and plug the gaps as we go.
It's what bankrupt do.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 08:26 - Jul 30 with 2501 viewsomarjack

Not that I'm defending the board or anything. They're 100% culpable in the state we're in.

But I think the situation isn't only the lack of investment. It's that most players wouldn't want to play for us. I have this feeling that agents hate us because we always try to mug them of some sort and whenever there are other suitors, players tend to join our rivals.

If the rumours are true, that Chirivella, some Liverpool academy reject, rejected us to play in Norway speaks volumes of our current state.

Celina? Who knows what's happening to this one? I'm suspecting he's got another offer and he's practically out of reach now.

We have this toxic stench revolving around us due to Huw and his two muppets in charge.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 8:27]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 08:27 - Jul 30 with 2499 viewsMorfa_Same

There's just no money left in the pot. It's all been squandered on awful signings on ludicrous wages, long contracts for reserves and multiple sacked managers.

I'm more worried about falling straight through that about going straight back up.
INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 08:29 - Jul 30 with 2490 viewsomarjack

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 08:27 - Jul 30 by Morfa_Same

There's just no money left in the pot. It's all been squandered on awful signings on ludicrous wages, long contracts for reserves and multiple sacked managers.

I'm more worried about falling straight through that about going straight back up.

But we're selling players for decent money trying to hold on financially. We should be able to have a decent budget for a promotion push.

If we can hold on for a couple of years and win promotion then all is well. But if not then it's over.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 08:49 - Jul 30 with 2412 viewsicecoldjack

We will only buy players after we sell assets off, it's been the model since the yanks came here and will not change.

Just how much we will spend will depend on what we get for Mawson, my estimate is that we will spend 5-7m max if that .

It's going to be grim, but just step back and wonder why we've gone for a coach who is used to working on a tight budget and coaching players , it's because he's cheap and won't expect a big transfer budget just being happy enough to take the next step higher in his career.

If we were serious about spending money, we'd have been employing a serious coach with the relevant experience and ambition, this isn't a slight on potter at all by the way, it's just that employing a bloke with no experience of high level f league football is a massive gamble and gambling is what Jenkins and Co. are hoping will give us a good season, not spending money on good signings, it's all going to be down to potter to work his magic or take the blame if it goes pare shaped around Xmas time.

Potter has already twigged something is up by his comments the other day and calling out the "lack of confidence" within the squad, i pray he can get a tune out the boys in the first 10 games or it will finish his fledgling coaching career .
INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 2212 viewsSWANSEYE

With a hard start coming at Sheffield and Birmingham and Leeds to follow who are streetwise in the Championship if we suffer three losses we will have a squad who are both inexperienced and down in morale and even though we have a young energetic Manager it may prove disastrous. I really don't want to sound negative but the situation really worries me.
INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 09:53 - Jul 30 with 2158 viewsmoonie

Sadly, a true analysis .
As a " small" prem league club the very last thing we should have done was to buy crocked has beens or greedy journeymen . We simply have chucked it away and no matter what Res says ,it s not going to get better any time soon.

We go into a difficult first game against a massive club with seemingly no confidences and no plan .

This has been the worst close season ever
Login to get fewer ads

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 10:43 - Jul 30 with 2020 viewsTom1912

This transfer window isn’t the problem it’s the last 2 or 3.

We are paying the price this summer for the awful business made over the last few years. Balancing the books and rebuilding is the priority.

Expect a mediocre season but one where we hopefully lay the foundations down for the future.
INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 10:53 - Jul 30 with 1995 viewsNookiejack

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 10:43 - Jul 30 by Tom1912

This transfer window isn’t the problem it’s the last 2 or 3.

We are paying the price this summer for the awful business made over the last few years. Balancing the books and rebuilding is the priority.

Expect a mediocre season but one where we hopefully lay the foundations down for the future.

Yep awful business so that we could just hang on by our fingertips and Jenkins, Morgan and Dineen bank their windfalls.

Culminating in lazy recruitment by Jenkins of a crocked Bony.

Yet how much is Jenkins still drawing down - for delivering what?
INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 11:04 - Jul 30 with 1947 viewsraynor94

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 09:45 - Jul 30 by SWANSEYE

With a hard start coming at Sheffield and Birmingham and Leeds to follow who are streetwise in the Championship if we suffer three losses we will have a squad who are both inexperienced and down in morale and even though we have a young energetic Manager it may prove disastrous. I really don't want to sound negative but the situation really worries me.

Jesus! You don't sound negative, you have given up already, looks like McKay and Celina arriving today, plus one more before the end of the week.

Man up mun, show some faith!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 11:10 - Jul 30 with 1918 viewsWingstandwood

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 10:53 - Jul 30 by Nookiejack

Yep awful business so that we could just hang on by our fingertips and Jenkins, Morgan and Dineen bank their windfalls.

Culminating in lazy recruitment by Jenkins of a crocked Bony.

Yet how much is Jenkins still drawing down - for delivering what?

Delivering what? Sustenance for himself and other pigs at the greed trough and gravy train ride, still in feeding frenzy mode before they start turning on each other when the parachute payments run out!
But? There again? There will be extra rations available from a bank overdraft, and when that runs out let the repercussions well and truly begin.

I hope the Trust elections result in slinging its impostor-parasites out whereupon a load of 'militants' step in to throw a spanner into the works of 'Greed-Project-SCFC'.

Argus!

INACTIVITY YET AGAIN on 11:22 - Jul 30 with 1848 viewsmoonie

Faith in what
Jenkins

The board

Players

Faith is intangible ephemeral and cannot be qualified . It's often an illusion mechanism
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024