Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 148916 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:34 - Aug 14 with 4252 viewspencoedjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:28 - Aug 14 by ValeJack

Reports that his newborn baby passed away last week. Horrific news but likely to have had an impact on any potential deal. Poor bloke.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 16:28]

Awful news for him & his family.
Ryan Woods on 17:36 - Aug 14 with 4236 viewsjasper_T

They lost a child last year but were/are expecting this summer afaik.
Ryan Woods on 18:51 - Aug 14 with 3987 viewsTailGunner

Woods starts for Brentford tonight in cup
Ryan Woods on 23:32 - Aug 14 with 3532 viewsSwansea93

Also to be expected, one of our DoFs, and yes we have two. Said to Radio London that he wouldn’t be accepting any calls from Swansea from now till the end of August.

A Brentford fan posted that on the other forum.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 23:37 - Aug 14 with 3509 views34dfgdf54

Apparently bossed the game tonight according to Southend fans. Not sure how much cop they are but I suppose he can only play what’s in front of him regardless.

It’s time for us to move on from this one I think, out of price range at this present time.
Ryan Woods on 23:49 - Aug 14 with 3472 viewsSwanseaman

Looks like this one is over.

Odd that it was said he wanted to come to Swansea but they kept him. Any of our players want a move and we let them go, even sell way below their worth.

Is it mainly because of the high wage costs our players are on?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 23:50]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 00:02 - Aug 15 with 3420 viewsSwansea93

Ryan Woods on 23:37 - Aug 14 by 34dfgdf54

Apparently bossed the game tonight according to Southend fans. Not sure how much cop they are but I suppose he can only play what’s in front of him regardless.

It’s time for us to move on from this one I think, out of price range at this present time.

According to the Brentford fan off SCFC2 Woods was abit hit and miss as expected was his words.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 00:07 - Aug 15 with 3404 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 00:02 - Aug 15 by Swansea93

According to the Brentford fan off SCFC2 Woods was abit hit and miss as expected was his words.

“”The way ryan woods absolutely run the show in centre midfield against us tonight #best #ginger #player #boss #pirlo”

“That Ryan woods for Brentford is one of the best players I’ve seen outside the premiership btw. Absolutely f*cking bossed that game. Ginger Pirlo”

The ones I saw, not sure how a Southend fan can say much about “one of the best outside premier league” mind.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods (n/t) on 00:18 - Aug 15 with 3376 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 00:07 - Aug 15 by 34dfgdf54

“”The way ryan woods absolutely run the show in centre midfield against us tonight #best #ginger #player #boss #pirlo”

“That Ryan woods for Brentford is one of the best players I’ve seen outside the premiership btw. Absolutely f*cking bossed that game. Ginger Pirlo”

The ones I saw, not sure how a Southend fan can say much about “one of the best outside premier league” mind.

We were way to slow to buy, dragging our feet, this could come back to bite us, & his value could rise.

We were quick to sell, should have put the same effort at being quick to buy, it could make all the difference.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 0:26]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 00:18 - Aug 15 with 3368 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 00:07 - Aug 15 by 34dfgdf54

Andrea Pirlo when asked by RAI UNO SPORT about Ryan Woods and the similarities between them..

"Ho sognato di giocare con la squadra piu forte nel mondo Brentford. Sfortunamente ho perso il mio tempo giocando con squadracce come il Milan. Speravo di essere meraviglioso come quello ragazzo coi capelli rossi, Ryan, Ryan Woods. Ma non potevo. Secondo me é meglio di Zidane come centrocampista, veloce, intelligente con un modo classico e elegante, Sono molto fiero che lo chiamano Ginger Pirlo."

"Va allo Swansea? Che vergogna! Dovrebbe andare alla Barca or lo Real, Niente altro."

So yeah..Ryan Woods is apparently a huge star worldwide. 7 m is a steal.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 0:20]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 00:24 - Aug 15 with 3362 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 23:49 - Aug 14 by Swanseaman

Looks like this one is over.

Odd that it was said he wanted to come to Swansea but they kept him. Any of our players want a move and we let them go, even sell way below their worth.

Is it mainly because of the high wage costs our players are on?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 23:50]

Well, yeah. Our starting wage bill this summer was probably 4 times Brentford's. They live within their means and have a healthy income from developing players and selling the best ones for a good profit.

They were under no pressure to sell anyone while we were staring down a £50m operating loss.
Ryan Woods on 07:14 - Aug 15 with 3163 viewsawayjack

Woods 100% effort despite having his 'head turned' shows his character. Compare that to the pathetic 'strike' tactics of the Ayews.
Ryan Woods on 07:52 - Aug 15 with 3055 viewsSwanseaman

confirmation: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45174506

Ryan Woods on 08:02 - Aug 15 with 3014 viewsjack_lord

Ryan Woods on 07:52 - Aug 15 by Swanseaman

"But when asked on Tuesday if the deal was off, Brentford manager Dean Smith told BBC Sport "we believe so".
Why can't they just say the deal is off.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Ryan Woods on 08:03 - Aug 15 with 3010 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 07:52 - Aug 15 by Swanseaman

Probably over but wouldn't rely on their managers quote. Suspect we're still trying to wangle a deal that won't wash. Just hope we have alternatives that we can complete on time. Suspect other DM linked like Besic are earning more than Woods.
Ryan Woods on 08:12 - Aug 15 with 2966 viewsomarjack

Now that this is over. We need to find an alternative soon.

2 weeks left..and we're still 4 players short.

I wonder who we'd be in for.

Besic is demanding a big salary, not even Boro could pay. Plus his injury record is very poor.

Chirivella wants a Celtic move. And Celtic are interested after missing out on McGinn.

Riedewald doesn't want us.

So we'll also be getting neither of those. And atm we're not linked with anybody else.

Ryan Woods on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 2903 viewsjack_lord

Ryan Woods on 08:12 - Aug 15 by omarjack

Now that this is over. We need to find an alternative soon.

2 weeks left..and we're still 4 players short.

I wonder who we'd be in for.

Besic is demanding a big salary, not even Boro could pay. Plus his injury record is very poor.

Chirivella wants a Celtic move. And Celtic are interested after missing out on McGinn.

Riedewald doesn't want us.

So we'll also be getting neither of those. And atm we're not linked with anybody else.

It's OK, Pearlman said he would be surprised if we didn't sign any loans.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Ryan Woods on 08:56 - Aug 15 with 2830 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 08:43 - Aug 15 by jack_lord

It's OK, Pearlman said he would be surprised if we didn't sign any loans.

"gasp!"

They were all surprised when we got relegated too. It doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Also, getting loans in isn't the aim..We can just raid Falkirk's academy and take 8 of them on loan if we wanted.

The aim is getting the right players.

Ryan Woods on 09:00 - Aug 15 with 2809 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 08:56 - Aug 15 by omarjack

"gasp!"

They were all surprised when we got relegated too. It doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Also, getting loans in isn't the aim..We can just raid Falkirk's academy and take 8 of them on loan if we wanted.

The aim is getting the right players.

Personally I think we know the players we want.
But need to shift players out first.

Naughton
Routeledge
Narsingh

Easier said than done though

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ryan Woods on 09:45 - Aug 15 with 2651 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 23:32 - Aug 14 by Swansea93

Also to be expected, one of our DoFs, and yes we have two. Said to Radio London that he wouldn’t be accepting any calls from Swansea from now till the end of August.

A Brentford fan posted that on the other forum.

Brentford DoF Phil Giles told BBC radio London’s Billy Reeves at ht that he would not be taking any calls from Swansea from now and till the end of August in relation to Ryan Woods.Pretty sure that’s now the end to it unless another club comes in for him.Hope your manager,who’s started very well is given some of the income from sold players to strengthen as he seems to have been put on the back foot regarding the squad.Good luck again this season.
Ryan Woods on 09:51 - Aug 15 with 2627 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 09:45 - Aug 15 by switchingcode

Brentford DoF Phil Giles told BBC radio London’s Billy Reeves at ht that he would not be taking any calls from Swansea from now and till the end of August in relation to Ryan Woods.Pretty sure that’s now the end to it unless another club comes in for him.Hope your manager,who’s started very well is given some of the income from sold players to strengthen as he seems to have been put on the back foot regarding the squad.Good luck again this season.

Managers don't dictate whether a player is sold or not.
Chairman and owners do.
If your valuation is met he will be gone.
Good luck for the season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ryan Woods on 09:53 - Aug 15 with 2605 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 09:51 - Aug 15 by thornabyswan

Chairman and owners do.

Just saw it was DOF my point still stands though money talks.

Ryan Woods on 10:03 - Aug 15 with 2554 viewsherbie

Ryan Woods on 09:53 - Aug 15 by thornabyswan

Just saw it was DOF my point still stands though money talks.

And we haven't got any apparently!
Ryan Woods on 11:27 - Aug 15 with 2370 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 09:51 - Aug 15 by thornabyswan

Chairman and owners do.

Phil Giles reports directly to our owner Matthew Benham and is his mouthpiece when it comes to transfer matters as finding quotes from our owner are very very rare who keeps out of the media.We don’t have to sell the player and he wasn’t listed for sale Swansea approached us and were told the fee they then just danced around it for weeks then stuff was put out that we had upped the price when in fact we dropped be it a small bit.We have been very active in the transfer business over the past 4 years where we have brought in nearly 50 mill on sold players something we have to do to survive as one of the smallest clubs in the championship and don’t think you will find any negative voices from clubs we have dealt with.I think if Villa West Brom Derby or Stoke had come in for him he would be sulking now as it’s well documented he lives and his family are in the area.with the imminent birth due next month I think his mind will be more on other things than football.Lets hope your club can get some of their targets over the line over the coming weeks and support your manager.
Ryan Woods on 12:05 - Aug 15 with 2249 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 09:00 - Aug 15 by thornabyswan

Personally I think we know the players we want.
But need to shift players out first.

Naughton
Routeledge
Narsingh

Easier said than done though

Sadly same stance to signing permanent players. Just emphasises how useless our Board have been in player recruitment, cost control and generally planning in advance. The only thing Pearlman seems to be good at is excuses. What has he done since his appointment? Same as the rest of the Board, nothing other than destroy value.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 12:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024