Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 149777 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 17:44 - Aug 7 with 4733 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Ryan Woods on 12:27 - Jul 31 by EU5Makaveli

Sky sports now reporting it too

Whats the latest on this he is decent !!!
Ryan Woods on 17:46 - Aug 7 with 4693 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Woods on 17:34 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Reading trying to agree a fee according to Alan Nixon.

Does he need a lift?
Ryan Woods on 17:07 - Aug 8 with 3942 viewsHeadmaster

So, just to update...

"It had looked likely that the sale of Clucas would pave the way for Ryan Woods to join the Swans from Brentford after elongated talks over a deal to bring the 24-year-old to the Liberty.

But there are suggestions that Brentford have sought to up the price for the midfielder late in the window, even though a deal with Swansea had been broadly in place, with other Championship clubs showing interest."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-join-wolve
Ryan Woods on 17:24 - Aug 8 with 3718 viewsJango

Ryan Woods on 17:07 - Aug 8 by Headmaster

So, just to update...

"It had looked likely that the sale of Clucas would pave the way for Ryan Woods to join the Swans from Brentford after elongated talks over a deal to bring the 24-year-old to the Liberty.

But there are suggestions that Brentford have sought to up the price for the midfielder late in the window, even though a deal with Swansea had been broadly in place, with other Championship clubs showing interest."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-join-wolve

If that’s the case then maybe both clubs are standing firm and it’ll go through one way or the other tomorrow, hopefully. Dangerous game to play by both clubs though.
Ryan Woods on 17:29 - Aug 8 with 3661 viewsBlue_Blood

Ryan Woods on 17:07 - Aug 8 by Headmaster

So, just to update...

I'm genuinely not on a wind up but what a ridiculous situation. It was inevitable this was going to happen and it's a formality that you are going to be able to sell Ayew or Clucas or both by the end of the window so why didn't the board give you the security of signing woods before this happened. It beggars belief!
They are not giving Potter any chance of promotion, he's shown he can bring in bargains by his activity so far but he seems completely hamstrung at your club.
Ryan Woods on 17:31 - Aug 8 with 3633 viewsTom1912

Ryan Woods on 17:29 - Aug 8 by Blue_Blood

I'm genuinely not on a wind up but what a ridiculous situation. It was inevitable this was going to happen and it's a formality that you are going to be able to sell Ayew or Clucas or both by the end of the window so why didn't the board give you the security of signing woods before this happened. It beggars belief!
They are not giving Potter any chance of promotion, he's shown he can bring in bargains by his activity so far but he seems completely hamstrung at your club.

There's less than 24 hours to go now, I'm not sure it is a formality that we will sell Ayew and Clucas.
Ryan Woods on 17:37 - Aug 8 with 3534 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 17:31 - Aug 8 by Tom1912

There's less than 24 hours to go now, I'm not sure it is a formality that we will sell Ayew and Clucas.

I think both will be gone.

From what Potter said yesterday Ayew won’t be in his plans regardless, will the club want him on the wage bill? I think he’ll end up being loaned out.

Clucas has more chance of being here, but still think he’ll end up somewhere, possibly loan aswell.
Ryan Woods on 17:39 - Aug 8 with 3495 viewskarnataka

Ryan Woods on 17:31 - Aug 8 by Tom1912

You can put players up for sale but you can't sell them unless somebody wants then enough to actually pay you money for them and it looks increasingly likely that is the situation with Clucas & JAyew. Many clubs may see them as useful additions but nothing more so they're not high on their shopping lists and they're not going to consider them until they've done far more important business.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 17:40 - Aug 8 with 3489 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 17:37 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

I think both will be gone.

From what Potter said yesterday Ayew won’t be in his plans regardless, will the club want him on the wage bill? I think he’ll end up being loaned out.

Clucas has more chance of being here, but still think he’ll end up somewhere, possibly loan aswell.

But if we end up loaning them instead of selling we're down £10-£20m on where we thought we might be, which makes signing a £7/8m player in the meantime a bit risky.
Ryan Woods on 17:49 - Aug 8 with 3395 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 17:40 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

But if we end up loaning them instead of selling we're down £10-£20m on where we thought we might be, which makes signing a £7/8m player in the meantime a bit risky.

If the player you’re on about is Woods, I don’t think he will be here either. Look at the loan market and see where we go from there. The one that shocks me the most is Fulton, low wages, decent squad player, looks to be off.

Clucas and Ayew are probably on a decent screw so more understandable.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 17:51]
Ryan Woods on 18:04 - Aug 8 with 3231 viewsNirvana

I've never seen Woods play, but from what I've read from Brentford supporters he is a quality player that would vastly improve our midfield, and no one wants to see him go. Apparently Potter's top target, as well.

In contrast, Hull's supporters were mostly ecstatic when they offloaded Clucas to us last summer, and we've all seen first-hand how sshitt he is. Unbelievable we're probably stuck with him now because he thinks he's some star and wouldn't move to Burnley. Wolves are not signing him, and I highly doubt they were ever interested, surely for nothing over £5m if that.

I don't say this lightly, and his little fragile ego will surely be hurt - FFUKK YOU SAM, YOU WORTHLESS FFUKK.
Ryan Woods on 18:25 - Aug 8 with 3021 viewsOldjack

Stop fannying around Huw ,top target get this done before it's to late

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ryan Woods on 18:55 - Aug 8 with 2883 viewsBlue_Blood

Ryan Woods on 18:04 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

I've never seen Woods play, but from what I've read from Brentford supporters he is a quality player that would vastly improve our midfield, and no one wants to see him go. Apparently Potter's top target, as well.

In contrast, Hull's supporters were mostly ecstatic when they offloaded Clucas to us last summer, and we've all seen first-hand how sshitt he is. Unbelievable we're probably stuck with him now because he thinks he's some star and wouldn't move to Burnley. Wolves are not signing him, and I highly doubt they were ever interested, surely for nothing over £5m if that.

I don't say this lightly, and his little fragile ego will surely be hurt - FFUKK YOU SAM, YOU WORTHLESS FFUKK.

I've seen him play loads of times and he definitely suits you more than he would suit us. I first noticed him at Shrewsbury and he was considered not good enough for Russell Slades all stars!!
I wouldn't say he was the best midfielder in the championship last year as Neves and Cairney were unreal at times, having said that he's a completely different player.

He'll fit what you used to be like a I had in a glove and I'm shocked you never pushed the deal through when you had an open goal!
Ryan Woods on 19:01 - Aug 8 with 2824 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Woods on 18:55 - Aug 8 by Blue_Blood

I've seen him play loads of times and he definitely suits you more than he would suit us. I first noticed him at Shrewsbury and he was considered not good enough for Russell Slades all stars!!
I wouldn't say he was the best midfielder in the championship last year as Neves and Cairney were unreal at times, having said that he's a completely different player.

He'll fit what you used to be like a I had in a glove and I'm shocked you never pushed the deal through when you had an open goal!

I hear Tom Huddlestone is on the way to you Blue
Ryan Woods on 19:06 - Aug 8 with 2754 viewsBlue_Blood

Ryan Woods on 19:01 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

Can't say I'm over excited about that but I'll be happy if we get Arter and Camarasa. The latest little rumour is Vincent Janssen on loan, if we get those 3 I'll be well happy with our business.

Saturday we were very good in certain areas of the pitch but if we don't strengthen the midfield it will be a long season.
Ryan Woods on 19:09 - Aug 8 with 2722 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ryan Woods on 19:01 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

That's the rumour. Still a good passer of the ball, need legs around him though. Ralls would be one, still need another midfielder in.
Ryan Woods on 21:02 - Aug 8 with 2388 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 19:06 - Aug 8 by Blue_Blood

Can't say I'm over excited about that but I'll be happy if we get Arter and Camarasa. The latest little rumour is Vincent Janssen on loan, if we get those 3 I'll be well happy with our business.

Saturday we were very good in certain areas of the pitch but if we don't strengthen the midfield it will be a long season.

Arter and camarasa, one bought and one loan I hearing, to be announced tomorrow. 👍
Well happy if true

Benny

Ryan Woods on 21:04 - Aug 8 with 2367 viewsItchySphincter

Ryan Woods on 21:02 - Aug 8 by byron

Arter and camarasa, one bought and one loan I hearing, to be announced tomorrow. 👍
Well happy if true

You're on the wrong forum, my six fingered friends.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ryan Woods on 21:08 - Aug 8 with 2306 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Woods on 21:04 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

They won’t be around long Itchy.
Ryan Woods on 21:12 - Aug 8 with 2264 viewsBlue_Blood

Ryan Woods on 21:04 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

I was asked a question. I came on here to talk about Woods
Ryan Woods on 21:18 - Aug 8 with 2176 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 21:08 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

They won’t be around long Itchy.

🙏you hope🤩

Benny

Ryan Woods on 21:50 - Aug 8 with 1957 views34dfgdf54

Update on Ryan Woods from Stuart James:

Update on Swansea & Ryan Woods:
He’s Swansea’s for £6.5m. Nailed on.
Brentford had climbed to £7m, but willing to sell at £6.5m. Woods is desperate to join Swansea.
But deal unlikely as it stands even if Clucas goes, because of reluctance to pay that fee... (& he’s a snip, btw)

Seems to me that he does have beef with the club in some way if I’m being honest. His tweets do f really make sense
Ryan Woods on 21:55 - Aug 8 with 1899 viewsBlue_Blood

Ryan Woods on 21:50 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

Brentford had climbed to £7m, but willing to sell at £6.5m. Woods is desperate to join Swansea.
But deal unlikely as it stands even if Clucas goes, because of reluctance to pay that fee... (& he’s a snip, btw)

Seems to me that he does have beef with the club in some way if I’m being honest. His tweets do f really make sense

I agree completely with Stuart James though, Woods wages won't be huge and even if he fails you'll get most of the money you paid back for him!
It's ridiculous to cut costs to the point where you can't even see an investment opportunity. I find the situation bizarre
Ryan Woods on 21:56 - Aug 8 with 1894 viewsJango

Didn’t swans bid £6m though? If that’s then I can see how they would be so reluctant to pay £500k more. I think this deal will go through.
Ryan Woods on 21:58 - Aug 8 with 1858 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I will fly over there immediately with my pitchfork (will they let me bring it on the plane? I may have to borrow one) if they screw this up.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024