Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 148573 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 21:58 - Aug 8 with 4433 viewsJack123

Ryan Woods on 21:50 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

Update on Ryan Woods from Stuart James:

Update on Swansea & Ryan Woods:
He’s Swansea’s for £6.5m. Nailed on.
Brentford had climbed to £7m, but willing to sell at £6.5m. Woods is desperate to join Swansea.
But deal unlikely as it stands even if Clucas goes, because of reluctance to pay that fee... (& he’s a snip, btw)

Seems to me that he does have beef with the club in some way if I’m being honest. His tweets do f really make sense

Doesn't make sense, i thought the Swans bid 6, then made a second bid? Unless there was no second bid..?

libera nos a malo

Ryan Woods on 22:00 - Aug 8 with 4391 viewsNeath_Jack

Ryan Woods on 18:04 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

I've never seen Woods play, but from what I've read from Brentford supporters he is a quality player that would vastly improve our midfield, and no one wants to see him go. Apparently Potter's top target, as well.

In contrast, Hull's supporters were mostly ecstatic when they offloaded Clucas to us last summer, and we've all seen first-hand how sshitt he is. Unbelievable we're probably stuck with him now because he thinks he's some star and wouldn't move to Burnley. Wolves are not signing him, and I highly doubt they were ever interested, surely for nothing over £5m if that.

I don't say this lightly, and his little fragile ego will surely be hurt - FFUKK YOU SAM, YOU WORTHLESS FFUKK.

Clucas interviews by Nirvana 23 Aug 2017 21:45
I watched these interviews of Clucas from last season, and I have to say I like the signing a lot more now. Genuinely funny, charming, insightful guy and will be a pleasant addition to the training ground, I'm sure. He articulately explains his story, his postional changes throughout his career, and how his game translates well to the PL.

I legitimately felt a little relief after I watched these, anyone else worried about the fee should take a peak. Also, there are some brief highlights of him from the lower-leagues mixed in for those interested. Pricetag is outrageous, but c'est la vie at this point. He didn't negotiate the fee, and he's a Swan now. I'd certainly much rather we spend the money on this guy than Bony. As our record signing? Disappointed. As one of our record signings (as well as Arias) I'm beginning to feel a little better.

I'd like to see him start in place of Fer against Palace, but I'm sure Leroy's goals yesterday kept him in there. But one of the reasons we signed Clucas is that he's ready to go right away, so he shouldn't be on the bench for long. He's also capable of playing on the right despite being left-footed. A midfield of Mesa/Clucas/Carroll is an intriguing and versatile one, with Fer/Ki sprinkled in whenever they're useful. I would imagine we'll see this sooner rather than later.

The videos:

https://youtu.be/G24mHYOSgT8

https://youtu.be/w28V382MWqw

Biggest whopper this site has ever seen, bar none.

Never stepped foot in either of our stadiums.

Anyone that entertains his nonsense, need to give their head a wobble.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ryan Woods on 22:02 - Aug 8 with 4329 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 21:58 - Aug 8 by Jack123

Doesn't make sense, i thought the Swans bid 6, then made a second bid? Unless there was no second bid..?

Didn’t Brentford confirm we made a bid aswell? If there’s any truth in how desperate he is to sign for us, then he’ll be a Swansea player tomorrow.

Looks like Clucas is off to Stoke aswell, so should free up the funds.
Ryan Woods on 22:08 - Aug 8 with 4232 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 22:02 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

Didn’t Brentford confirm we made a bid aswell? If there’s any truth in how desperate he is to sign for us, then he’ll be a Swansea player tomorrow.

Looks like Clucas is off to Stoke aswell, so should free up the funds.

A player like him alongside what we already have will get us at least into the play offs and possibly top 2. If the Americans are willing to squander 150 million next season over 0.5 million then someone should tell the hedge fund members their investment is being deliberately sabotaged. I mean for f*ckety f*ck sake is there no one sane left down the liberty???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 22:10 - Aug 8 with 4166 viewsGriffting

So we’ve bid 6 mill, Brentford want 7, but will accept 6.5 mill..

And now we’ve decided an extra 500 grand is abit too rich for us..

Right.

What on Earth is next? We’re going to sell all of our centre backs?

Oh..
Ryan Woods on 22:20 - Aug 8 with 4020 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 22:10 - Aug 8 by Griffting

Right.

Oh..

Nah I’m sorry, I despise our board with a passion, and no body on here will ever convince me otherwise, but that Stuart James is talking sh*t with this one.

We put an original bid in, Brentford confirmed it I think? We are just waiting on the Clucas deal to go through probably.

What I will say, is I think Woods must be off his head waiting this long if that is correct. Good on him. I’m sure he could have gone elsewhere.
Ryan Woods on 22:20 - Aug 8 with 4008 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 22:10 - Aug 8 by Griffting

Right.

Oh..

No, you're putting too much faith in a 2 bob shit journalist who couldn't write his way out of a greasy paper bag.

How about we wait and see and when things get revealed we then discuss it? That may suggest a few of you will be eating humble pie again, it may suggest you were right to be frustrated.

But all this guess and blame bollocks is more than tedious.

We're clearly trying to get things done but we've got to be careful. We can't afford to run out of money mid season and not be able to even pay the players we've still got on our books.

And these scum kunts that have popped up with their passive, oh I can't believe you haven't pushed the boat out, he'd be perfect for you, facking crap. As soon as you start listening or believing in these pieces of shit the sooner the writing's on the wall for you, it's all over.

Patience.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 22:26 - Aug 8 with 3914 viewsSwans_16

Stuart James has recently tweeted ... The fact we’re arguing over £500k tells me that this is a deal that will go through tomorrow some shape.

He says Woods only wants to goto Swansea, heart set on Swansea and Potter’s desperate for him. Pay the price and get it done tomorrow.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 22:28 - Aug 8 with 3868 viewsSwansea93

Stuart James
@StuartJamesGNM
·
34m
Understand that although other Championship clubs are interested, Woods has his heart set on Swansea, & Brentford know that. Woods feels that Swansea under Potter is the right fit for him. Potter wants Woods badly.
Not sure what it says if Swansea can’t get this over the line...

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 22:30 - Aug 8 with 3831 viewsSwans_16

Ryan Woods on 22:28 - Aug 8 by Swansea93

Stuart James
@StuartJamesGNM
·
34m
Understand that although other Championship clubs are interested, Woods has his heart set on Swansea, & Brentford know that. Woods feels that Swansea under Potter is the right fit for him. Potter wants Woods badly.

‘We’re tight arse c*nts who won’t invest in the playing team’

That’s what ... All, get it done FFS.
Ryan Woods on 22:35 - Aug 8 with 3766 viewsGriffting

Ryan Woods on 22:20 - Aug 8 by TheResurrection

No, you're putting too much faith in a 2 bob shit journalist who couldn't write his way out of a greasy paper bag.

How about we wait and see and when things get revealed we then discuss it? That may suggest a few of you will be eating humble pie again, it may suggest you were right to be frustrated.

But all this guess and blame bollocks is more than tedious.

We're clearly trying to get things done but we've got to be careful. We can't afford to run out of money mid season and not be able to even pay the players we've still got on our books.

And these scum kunts that have popped up with their passive, oh I can't believe you haven't pushed the boat out, he'd be perfect for you, facking crap. As soon as you start listening or believing in these pieces of shit the sooner the writing's on the wall for you, it's all over.

Patience.

I think my sarcasm has gone over your head there.

I don’t personally believe any of it.

The fact we’re supposedly ‘pulling out over 500k’ is more absurd than claiming we’re going to sell all of our centre backs in the next 24 hours.

Roll on tomorrow evening.
Ryan Woods on 22:37 - Aug 8 with 3741 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 22:26 - Aug 8 by Swans_16

Stuart James has recently tweeted ... The fact we’re arguing over £500k tells me that this is a deal that will go through tomorrow some shape.

He says Woods only wants to goto Swansea, heart set on Swansea and Potter’s desperate for him. Pay the price and get it done tomorrow.

If they don't it's a slap in the face for our manager. He doesn't deserve that .

Ryan Woods on 22:42 - Aug 8 with 3675 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 22:20 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

Nah I’m sorry, I despise our board with a passion, and no body on here will ever convince me otherwise, but that Stuart James is talking sh*t with this one.

We put an original bid in, Brentford confirmed it I think? We are just waiting on the Clucas deal to go through probably.

What I will say, is I think Woods must be off his head waiting this long if that is correct. Good on him. I’m sure he could have gone elsewhere.

Maybe there's a whole lot of talk, between fans, journalists, agents even..... but maybe there's a distinct lack of actual bidding going on, or maybe if there have been bids they're well below what we've offered so haven't really been taken seriously by Brentford, and as a result, Woods, if perhaps the rest aren't willing to take a big punt on him.

It could be we're well out in front with the £6/6.5/7m and the risk is being weighed up.

It could very well also be we're in talks with another 5 or 6 clubs for someone else, and those deals are also being weighed into the risk calcs.

We'll find out, i'm sure, but I know for sure we're working hard to bring in the right players, and the players Potter wants.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 22:54 - Aug 8 with 3544 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 22:28 - Aug 8 by Swansea93

Stuart James
@StuartJamesGNM
·
34m

It says that we're fckin skint and facing a big financial loss this year even if we don't buy Woods. We've not sold nearly enough players for nearly large enough amounts, and most of what we have taken in will be trickling in over 3-4 years, it's not paid out up front like Brentford probably want. Stuart James seems to think we're sitting on a fortune from somewhere.

If Clucas or Ayew's exits had gone through as the club planned then Woods would in all likelihood be a done deal already.
Ryan Woods on 22:54 - Aug 8 with 3544 viewsjasfan

Ryan Woods on 22:42 - Aug 8 by TheResurrection

Maybe there's a whole lot of talk, between fans, journalists, agents even..... but maybe there's a distinct lack of actual bidding going on, or maybe if there have been bids they're well below what we've offered so haven't really been taken seriously by Brentford, and as a result, Woods, if perhaps the rest aren't willing to take a big punt on him.

It could be we're well out in front with the £6/6.5/7m and the risk is being weighed up.

It could very well also be we're in talks with another 5 or 6 clubs for someone else, and those deals are also being weighed into the risk calcs.

We'll find out, i'm sure, but I know for sure we're working hard to bring in the right players, and the players Potter wants.

Agree with most of that. There's so much speculation, rumour etc. around apart from the actual negotiations between interested parties it's impossible to know what's actually going on.

The positives are that we have a level headed and intelligent manager with a plan, who sees the difficulties as a challenge rather than something to whinge about. Having said that I really hope we can get in at least two or three of the players he wants in order to do his plan justice this season.
Ryan Woods on 23:54 - Aug 8 with 3272 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 22:20 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

It’s been reported that other clubs are now showing an interest. Stoke I think being one. So not surprising the fee has gone up now.
Ryan Woods on 00:08 - Aug 9 with 3199 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 22:42 - Aug 8 by TheResurrection

More than likely. Silly season innit, magnified by attention seekers, both professionals who have columns to fill and amateurs who get a hard on when their tweet is liked.

I’ll be glad when it’s all over.
Ryan Woods on 00:11 - Aug 9 with 3189 viewshobo

Ryan Woods on 22:54 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

It says that we're fckin skint and facing a big financial loss this year even if we don't buy Woods. We've not sold nearly enough players for nearly large enough amounts, and most of what we have taken in will be trickling in over 3-4 years, it's not paid out up front like Brentford probably want. Stuart James seems to think we're sitting on a fortune from somewhere.

If Clucas or Ayew's exits had gone through as the club planned then Woods would in all likelihood be a done deal already.

Maybe if we were a bit more shrewd when selling players then we wouldn't be so skint. Just a thought like
Ryan Woods on 03:56 - Aug 9 with 2922 viewsgiantstoneater

Woods is the new Allen!!
Ryan Woods on 06:32 - Aug 9 with 2779 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 03:56 - Aug 9 by giantstoneater

Woods is the new Allen!!

If you mean it's a transfer that if we don't complete will more than likely bit us on the *rse then yes!

Ryan Woods on 07:36 - Aug 9 with 2574 viewsbuilthjack

About 9 hours to see if we are serious or full of shit.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ryan Woods on 08:06 - Aug 9 with 2418 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 07:36 - Aug 9 by builthjack

About 9 hours to see if we are serious or full of shit.

Got till the end of the month
Ryan Woods on 08:27 - Aug 9 with 2254 viewsLandore_Jack

Ryan Woods on 08:06 - Aug 9 by switchingcode

Got till the end of the month

That is for loan or free transfers. Permanent transfers end today.

#backtojack

Ryan Woods on 08:31 - Aug 9 with 2209 viewsNeath_Jack

Ryan Woods on 08:27 - Aug 9 by Landore_Jack

That is for loan or free transfers. Permanent transfers end today.

There'll probably be a load of loans, with option to sign permanently.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ryan Woods on 08:45 - Aug 9 with 2089 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 08:31 - Aug 9 by Neath_Jack

There'll probably be a load of loans, with option to sign permanently.

True..we still have time to sign players..

It's offloading ones to PL clubs that's the problem.

If Clucas is really going to Stoke then we're not in a real rush to sell. But if this falls through then we're kind of screwed. No Woods (although we still have 3 weeks to get it done if needed)

The biggest issue is Ayew..He's either sold in the next 9 hrs or he'll be heading on loan to some other league..that'd be disastrous.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024