Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150027 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 08:55 - Aug 9 with 4883 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Woods on 22:54 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

It says that we're fckin skint and facing a big financial loss this year even if we don't buy Woods. We've not sold nearly enough players for nearly large enough amounts, and most of what we have taken in will be trickling in over 3-4 years, it's not paid out up front like Brentford probably want. Stuart James seems to think we're sitting on a fortune from somewhere.

If Clucas or Ayew's exits had gone through as the club planned then Woods would in all likelihood be a done deal already.

It’s a travesty we are now struggling to offload the players we bought last summer with the funds from our best 2 players.

The majority of posters continue to highlight this.
Ryan Woods on 09:22 - Aug 9 with 4624 viewsherbie

Ryan Woods on 18:55 - Aug 8 by Blue_Blood

I've seen him play loads of times and he definitely suits you more than he would suit us. I first noticed him at Shrewsbury and he was considered not good enough for Russell Slades all stars!!
I wouldn't say he was the best midfielder in the championship last year as Neves and Cairney were unreal at times, having said that he's a completely different player.

He'll fit what you used to be like a I had in a glove and I'm shocked you never pushed the deal through when you had an open goal!

I agree Blue Blood. I also saw him a number of times on tv last year including the game against your lot, and he really impressed me. He would be ideal for the type of game we are looking to play. It will be a right two fingers to Potter if the board decline to sanction it.
Ryan Woods on 10:24 - Aug 9 with 4390 viewsJackSomething

If we raise the money for Woods today by offloading the likes of Ayew and Clucas, what's the odds on Brentford then upping the price for Woods by another million or two?

They know we're desperate and very unlikely to have any alternatives lined up, so the only risk for them is how keen Woods is to join us and how unhappy he'd be if it falls through.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ryan Woods on 10:25 - Aug 9 with 4367 viewsTailGunner

Woods finally seems to be gathering momentum with journos on twitter. Some say fee now agreed, some saying travelling for medical.
Ryan Woods on 10:40 - Aug 9 with 4244 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 10:24 - Aug 9 by JackSomething

If we raise the money for Woods today by offloading the likes of Ayew and Clucas, what's the odds on Brentford then upping the price for Woods by another million or two?

They know we're desperate and very unlikely to have any alternatives lined up, so the only risk for them is how keen Woods is to join us and how unhappy he'd be if it falls through.

We're only just raising it by the looks of it. Ayew+Clucas = 1 Woods and a bit of loose change left over.

Madness.
Ryan Woods on 10:44 - Aug 9 with 4193 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 10:40 - Aug 9 by LeonWasGod

We're only just raising it by the looks of it. Ayew+Clucas = 1 Woods and a bit of loose change left over.

Madness.

Madness was what we paid for Clucas.

The mistake with Jordan ayew was not accepting the offer from Fulham and thinking he was worth what we would pay for him.
Ryan Woods on 10:56 - Aug 9 with 4074 viewstheloneranger

Ryan Woods on 10:24 - Aug 9 by JackSomething

It's believed that Shrewsbury put a 20% sell on fee in Woods contract when they sold him to Brentford for £1M

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ryan Woods on 11:01 - Aug 9 with 3997 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 11:08 - Aug 9 with 3893 viewsDaggyjack

Ryan Woods on 10:40 - Aug 9 by LeonWasGod

Madness.

Two players who don't care about Swansea or want to play for the club = One young player who appears to want to play for Swansea.

Suits me fine.
Ryan Woods on 11:27 - Aug 9 with 3732 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 11:01 - Aug 9 by Landore_Jack

Thank God !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 11:33 - Aug 9 with 3650 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 11:27 - Aug 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Thank God !

Hey no sweat Brynmill..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 11:38 - Aug 9 with 3573 viewscostalotta

Hopefully huw Jenkins will never again be allowed to spend another penny of the clubs money. Glad to see the back of clucass and Jordan ayew and get woods in. But soooo much money wasted over the last few years. Its incredible that he has 2 happy clappers still backing him. .
Ryan Woods on 12:14 - Aug 9 with 3303 viewsKrisP

Ryan Woods on 10:44 - Aug 9 by dobjack2

Madness was what we paid for Clucas.

The mistake with Jordan ayew was not accepting the offer from Fulham and thinking he was worth what we would pay for him.

We didn't make the same mistake with Mawson and the club still got slated. Personally I'd also have bitten their hand off for £7m for Ayew. If we had done that I guarantee you some idiots would be crying about how he's worth £12m.
Ryan Woods on 12:20 - Aug 9 with 3166 viewsJackSomething

Ryan Woods on 12:14 - Aug 9 by KrisP

We didn't make the same mistake with Mawson and the club still got slated. Personally I'd also have bitten their hand off for £7m for Ayew. If we had done that I guarantee you some idiots would be crying about how he's worth £12m.

Agreed. There's plenty of things to knock the club for this summer, but turning down a bid of £7m for last year's top scorer isn't one of them in my opinion. Not at that point anyway. It was fair to expect that someone would value him higher than that. It's easy to say they were wrong with hindsight, but as you say, plenty complaining now we didn't sell him for £7m would have screamed blue murder at the time about selling him on the cheap.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ryan Woods on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 3114 viewsangryjack

Ryan Woods on 12:20 - Aug 9 by JackSomething

Agreed. There's plenty of things to knock the club for this summer, but turning down a bid of £7m for last year's top scorer isn't one of them in my opinion. Not at that point anyway. It was fair to expect that someone would value him higher than that. It's easy to say they were wrong with hindsight, but as you say, plenty complaining now we didn't sell him for £7m would have screamed blue murder at the time about selling him on the cheap.

Be worth a lot less next season with contract running down
Ryan Woods on 12:43 - Aug 9 with 2853 viewsicecoldjack

Ryan Woods on 11:38 - Aug 9 by costalotta

Hopefully huw Jenkins will never again be allowed to spend another penny of the clubs money. Glad to see the back of clucass and Jordan ayew and get woods in. But soooo much money wasted over the last few years. Its incredible that he has 2 happy clappers still backing him. .

I agree. But it's 3/4 yrs too late now.

The mismanagement on almost every level is scary, I fear we've yet to see the worst of it as well.
Ryan Woods on 12:49 - Aug 9 with 2757 viewsKrisP

Ryan Woods on 12:20 - Aug 9 by JackSomething

For me he was top scorer by default. In all his time with us he had one great period, between that screamer against Palace and getting sent off against Huddersfield. Offset against the rest of his time with us (and his time in the PL with Villa) and I don't come up with a valuation far in excess of £7m.
Ryan Woods on 13:08 - Aug 9 with 2561 viewsPintado

I have not heard one mention of Woods signing on SSN, you would have thought that £6.5m would have had a mention by now.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Ryan Woods on 13:10 - Aug 9 with 2516 viewsangryjack

Ryan Woods on 13:08 - Aug 9 by Pintado

I have not heard one mention of Woods signing on SSN, you would have thought that £6.5m would have had a mention by now.

I honestly can't see the board paying 6 million for anyone all paper talk keep fans onside ..it will be we tried but couldn't get him....we starving k unts
Ryan Woods on 13:12 - Aug 9 with 2471 viewsswitchingcode

Done deal on his way to wales,good luck Ryan apart from 2 games
Ryan Woods on 13:16 - Aug 9 with 2411 viewsKGriz16

Ryan Woods on 13:12 - Aug 9 by switchingcode

Done deal on his way to wales,good luck Ryan apart from 2 games

Brentford fan?

Starting to sweat on this Woods deal. Why do the club do this to me?
Ryan Woods on 13:16 - Aug 9 with 2405 viewsBirchgrovejack

How tall is he? Can he play CB?
Ryan Woods on 13:26 - Aug 9 with 2309 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 13:16 - Aug 9 by KGriz16

Brentford fan?

Yes,getting a good player but limited in some areas hence not a lot of interest from other clubs.Great bloke and full of energy will be a fans favourite.
Ryan Woods on 13:28 - Aug 9 with 2255 viewsFerryjack123

Ryan Woods on 13:16 - Aug 9 by KGriz16

Brentford fan?

Is this definitely happening? No mention of nothing on SSN.. so frustrating.. feel like smashing the house up
Ryan Woods on 13:44 - Aug 9 with 2097 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 13:28 - Aug 9 by Ferryjack123

Is this definitely happening? No mention of nothing on SSN.. so frustrating.. feel like smashing the house up

Yes held up by you having to get money in first which seems you are getting buckets full over the last few days.7 mill seems like loose change for your club
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024