Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150463 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 16:22 - Aug 9 with 3661 viewsTom1912

Utter incompetence on this deal.
Ryan Woods on 16:24 - Aug 9 with 3576 viewsBlue_Blood

Ryan Woods on 16:15 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

Ryan Woods has gone nowhere yet.

Why is that?

By some of our fans reckoning, he's the be all and end all, yet no other club has stepped in.

The Brentford fan said the same thing

Was it a case of a Championship club trying to take the piss with their high valuation?

We've moaned like hell we've sold on the cheap but that 6.5m could be a lot more than he's worth, as nobody else has come in for him.

And surely if he was as good as we're all making out he would've literally been snapped up, wouldn't he??

But he facking well hasn't, has he eh??!

He was the perfect fit for your lot if you were serious about returning to the way you used to play.

Your club seem to have just thrown in the towel. If you look at other relegated clubs they at least make a go of it in the first season.

Surely it would be better to invest? If you bought Woods for 6.5 million and he had a bad season I still think you'd get 4 or 5 million back next summer, if he had a good season though, you'd probably be looking at 10-15 million given the exposure he'd get at a club who has been in the premier league for the last 7 years!

Not to mention he was obviously a player Potter really wanted to build the team around, and could possibly help launch a bid for the play offs.

You're not even giving Potter a chance to compete
Ryan Woods on 16:25 - Aug 9 with 3512 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 16:18 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

We bid £6m. He was Potter’s prime target.

We had to ship out Clucas, which we’ve done. Woods wanted to join us and was waiting for the Clucas deal so he could join hence not going elsewhere.

We have screwed it up.

There really is absolutely no excuse.

Why have we screwed it up then?

Why did we bid 6m and not get him?

Stop fannying around with cheap insults and sarcasm and spit it out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 16:26 - Aug 9 with 3485 viewsjedmo_jack

Why are we so pathetic?
Ryan Woods on 16:26 - Aug 9 with 3472 viewslonglostjack

Ryan Woods on 16:24 - Aug 9 by Blue_Blood

He was the perfect fit for your lot if you were serious about returning to the way you used to play.

Your club seem to have just thrown in the towel. If you look at other relegated clubs they at least make a go of it in the first season.

Surely it would be better to invest? If you bought Woods for 6.5 million and he had a bad season I still think you'd get 4 or 5 million back next summer, if he had a good season though, you'd probably be looking at 10-15 million given the exposure he'd get at a club who has been in the premier league for the last 7 years!

Not to mention he was obviously a player Potter really wanted to build the team around, and could possibly help launch a bid for the play offs.

You're not even giving Potter a chance to compete

Thank you for stating the obvious. Now jog on.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ryan Woods on 16:29 - Aug 9 with 3352 viewsAce_Jack

Ryan Woods on 16:25 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

you tell us Mr ITK

Today has been a total effing farce. The manager is not signing his prime target and we have one fit, senior centre half and a game in less than 35 hours.
Ryan Woods on 16:33 - Aug 9 with 3234 viewslondonlisa2001

Ryan Woods on 16:25 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

There’s no cheap insults. You said that Woods would have gone elsewhere if he was any good. I said why he didn’t.

They wanted £7m and dropped it to meet us halfway. We wouldn’t pay the extra £500k as we were convinced they’d drop further and because Clucas was being awkward. They didn’t. We ran out of time to get it done.

Meanwhile we dropped £4m from our ask in one morning on Fernandez.
Ryan Woods on 16:36 - Aug 9 with 3109 viewsswitchingcode

Why is that?

By some of our fans reckoning, he's the be all and end all, yet no other club has stepped in.

Was it a case of a Championship club trying to take the piss with their high valuation?

We've moaned like hell we've sold on the cheap but that 6.5m could be a lot more than he's worth, as nobody else has come in for him.

And surely if he was as good as we're all making out he would've literally been snapped up, wouldn't he??

Don’t understand why this hasn’t been completed.The common view was that the delay was you getting your players out and money in.Ryan has been great for us but in the 12 games he never played in we won 10 and drew 2 so he’s hardly irreplaceable.We have a good coaching set up and get the best out of players most of the time.Look at Jota at Birmingham Hogan at Villa their fans creamed themselves when they signed not long after they were crying they had been conned.
Very surprised no other clubs came in for him must say something but no way were we taking the piss with the asking price and lm happy he’s staying
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 16:40 - Aug 9 with 2999 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Woods on 16:36 - Aug 9 by switchingcode

Don’t understand why this hasn’t been completed.The common view was that the delay was you getting your players out and money in.Ryan has been great for us but in the 12 games he never played in we won 10 and drew 2 so he’s hardly irreplaceable.We have a good coaching set up and get the best out of players most of the time.Look at Jota at Birmingham Hogan at Villa their fans creamed themselves when they signed not long after they were crying they had been conned.
Very surprised no other clubs came in for him must say something but no way were we taking the piss with the asking price and lm happy he’s staying

Good luck for the season always enjoyed a trip to Brentford.

Looking forward to watching you smash our under 23 side all over the park.
Ryan Woods on 16:40 - Aug 9 with 2973 viewsFireboy2

Why is that?

Thought you had gone to bed
Ryan Woods on 16:42 - Aug 9 with 2922 viewsEU5Makaveli

For the sake of 500k.. have the board not learned from the Joe Allen situation?
Incompetent f**kwits
Ryan Woods on 16:43 - Aug 9 with 2868 viewsBadlands

Ryan Woods on 16:42 - Aug 9 by EU5Makaveli

For the sake of 500k.. have the board not learned from the Joe Allen situation?
Incompetent f**kwits

We's agreed a fee and Brentford upped the asking price.
I think we've done the right thing.
And, don't be surprised if we get him on loan in a week or two.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ryan Woods on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 2830 viewsangryjack

Do you all believe we bid 6 million because I honestly don't I think your all stupid if you think we done that just another smokescreen from the board...we are tight as fuk
Ryan Woods on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 2803 viewsomarjack

It'd be hilarious to sell Clucas, only to fail to land Woods.

But you know..before we all implode..There is still time..we have 3 weeks to get it done. If Brentford would loan him to us with obligation to buy in winter that is.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 16:48 - Aug 9 with 2689 viewstheloneranger

Shrewsbury must be gutted missing out on over £1M sell on fee for Woods.

Perhaps we're going to take him on loan and pay in Jan, maybe not.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ryan Woods on 16:50 - Aug 9 with 2634 viewsHugeEnkins

Paperwork not able to be completed on time. Same old story. Utter cnts. Feel physically sick what this actually Means for the club.

http://the72.co.uk/113593/ryan-woods-future-revealed-brentford-swansea-city/
Ryan Woods on 16:50 - Aug 9 with 2620 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 16:33 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

There’s no cheap insults. You said that Woods would have gone elsewhere if he was any good. I said why he didn’t.

They wanted £7m and dropped it to meet us halfway. We wouldn’t pay the extra £500k as we were convinced they’d drop further and because Clucas was being awkward. They didn’t. We ran out of time to get it done.

Meanwhile we dropped £4m from our ask in one morning on Fernandez.

WTF are you talking about?

You said why he wouldn't have gone anywhere else?? Because he's had a life long yearning to come to us, is it? Get a grip, if any serious offers came in from clubs worth their salt he'd be gone there.

But there were none.

Now they're left with perhaps an unhappy player who thought he was off as they stuck another million on top.

All day we're hearing the Club is weak because we've let players go but when we stand up for ourselves we moan as well.

And Brentford can afford to up the asking price it seems and we couldn't afford to keep Fede here, so the money coming in was needed.

You can't go plugging your 50m with emotional rants and demands, we've got a club to keep afloat.

Is this deal now dead as to me it makes sense to do business as a loan instead, with an up front loan fee of 6m and 500k if we reach the play offs or something.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Ryan Woods on 16:51 - Aug 9 with 2601 viewsjedmo_jack

Can you apply for extensions to the deadline?

Surely if we were serious about signing Woods, we’d do this...
Ryan Woods on 16:54 - Aug 9 with 2527 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 16:50 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

You said why he wouldn't have gone anywhere else?? Because he's had a life long yearning to come to us, is it? Get a grip, if any serious offers came in from clubs worth their salt he'd be gone there.

But there were none.

Now they're left with perhaps an unhappy player who thought he was off as they stuck another million on top.

All day we're hearing the Club is weak because we've let players go but when we stand up for ourselves we moan as well.

And Brentford can afford to up the asking price it seems and we couldn't afford to keep Fede here, so the money coming in was needed.

You can't go plugging your 50m with emotional rants and demands, we've got a club to keep afloat.

Is this deal now dead as to me it makes sense to do business as a loan instead, with an up front loan fee of 6m and 500k if we reach the play offs or something.

And why is the club in such a financial mess?

I don’t think even you can blame the fans for that one.
Ryan Woods on 16:56 - Aug 9 with 2450 viewsThornburyswan

Ryan Woods on 16:51 - Aug 9 by jedmo_jack

Can you apply for extensions to the deadline?

Surely if we were serious about signing Woods, we’d do this...

Kind of, you can lodge a deal sheet by 5PM signed by all key parties & that get's you 2 more hours to complete the detail.
Ryan Woods on 16:59 - Aug 9 with 2373 viewsangryjack

Ryan Woods on 16:56 - Aug 9 by Thornburyswan

Kind of, you can lodge a deal sheet by 5PM signed by all key parties & that get's you 2 more hours to complete the detail.

We not signing him and never had any intentions to either, sooner you lot realise this they trying to bull sh#t us
Ryan Woods on 17:01 - Aug 9 with 2322 viewsMagic_Michu

If the club had any idea the backlash this is going to create then I would be getting this deal done whatever it takes if I was them.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 17:01 - Aug 9 with 2314 viewslondonlisa2001

Ryan Woods on 16:50 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

But there were none.

No.

We had an agreement in place that he wanted to be part of and there was no indication it wouldn’t happen.

No one upped their price at the last minute. We were a million apart. They dropped to half of that.
Ryan Woods on 17:02 - Aug 9 with 2260 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 16:50 - Aug 9 by HugeEnkins

Paperwork not able to be completed on time. Same old story. Utter cnts. Feel physically sick what this actually Means for the club.

http://the72.co.uk/113593/ryan-woods-future-revealed-brentford-swansea-city/

They sorted the paperwork quick enough with the outgoings.
Lying tw@ts taking supporters for mugs.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ryan Woods on 17:06 - Aug 9 with 2167 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 17:01 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

No.

We had an agreement in place that he wanted to be part of and there was no indication it wouldn’t happen.

No one upped their price at the last minute. We were a million apart. They dropped to half of that.

So Woods wasn't going to entertain going anywhere else then, yeah, no matter who came in for him?

Who are you blaming for this? Clearly it's the Americans in your eyes as they call the shots on final cash decisions?

It's saying we ran out of time, but you're saying we wouldn't spend the extra, that right?

Did Brentford want all the money up front?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024