Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150071 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 17:55 - Aug 9 with 3793 viewsDaggyjack

Ryan Woods on 17:45 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

Ask Lisa to tell you all what happened in Burnley with Clucas and why he didn't join them.

So we've no money to spend £6.5 million on one player regardless of Clucas?
Absolute embarrassment of a club.
Ryan Woods on 17:57 - Aug 9 with 3724 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 17:55 - Aug 9 by Daggyjack

It's not facking embarrassing is it if you've got to plug a 50m black hole, Lisa's words....

Surprised she's not been on here to tell you all though, she was on here a lot recently.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 17:59 - Aug 9 with 3699 viewslondonlisa2001

Ryan Woods on 17:39 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

So instead of your ridiculous rants why don't you tell everyone what happened in Burnley?

I haven’t had ridiculous rants Chris.

I’m concerned about a window where we have started with 5 centre backs, sold 3, have an agreement to loan out 1 and have brought no one in.

A window where we have started with 5 forwards. One went back after completion of loan. One was loaned abroad. One was loaned to the premier league. One is unfit and if he does get fit may be loaned out to Turkey or similar. None brought in.

Woods for me isn’t the biggest issue, although it’s a shambles. The centre back and forward situations are unforgivable.

I’m not commenting on Clucas.
Ryan Woods on 18:00 - Aug 9 with 3661 viewsIAN05

Ryan Woods on 17:55 - Aug 9 by Daggyjack

We wanted him, he wanted to come here but owners wouldn't sanction it.
Ryan Woods on 18:06 - Aug 9 with 3567 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 17:59 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

I’m concerned about a window where we have started with 5 centre backs, sold 3, have an agreement to loan out 1 and have brought no one in.

A window where we have started with 5 forwards. One went back after completion of loan. One was loaned abroad. One was loaned to the premier league. One is unfit and if he does get fit may be loaned out to Turkey or similar. None brought in.

Woods for me isn’t the biggest issue, although it’s a shambles. The centre back and forward situations are unforgivable.

No, well I'm not surprised you're not but you know damn well he failed a medical in Burnley and him not going there had nothing to do with wage demands.

You also know the Club can't take risks with millions of pounds either.

You also know the deficit we've got to 'plug'

So you should bloody well know the difficulties in trying to keep this club alive.

We now enter the loan market and hopefully we're entering it with a bit of breathing space. The hard work is done, more hard work to follow.

Just get on with it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Ryan Woods on 18:06 - Aug 9 with 3561 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 17:59 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Was Asoro not brought in as a forward? He's as much of one as either Ayew.
Ryan Woods on 18:06 - Aug 9 with 3539 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 18:00 - Aug 9 by IAN05

We wanted him, he wanted to come here but owners wouldn't sanction it.

Why wouldn't they? Because they weren't sure Clucas would go.

And he nearly didn't.

Ryan Woods on 18:09 - Aug 9 with 3440 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 18:06 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

No he said from the off he prefers it on wing.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 18:09 - Aug 9 with 3443 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 18:06 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Based on one game admittedly he didn’t look as if he could play a lone striker role. An option to use as part of a 2 man attack perhaps.
Ryan Woods on 18:10 - Aug 9 with 3414 viewsIAN05

Ryan Woods on 18:06 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

Why wouldn't they? Because they weren't sure Clucas would go.

And he nearly didn't.

Not sure of full reason just told that we could have done the deal financially and all at club were ready to do it but owners wouldn't budge
Ryan Woods on 18:13 - Aug 9 with 3351 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 18:10 - Aug 9 by IAN05

Not sure of full reason just told that we could have done the deal financially and all at club were ready to do it but owners wouldn't budge

Because they had to know Clucas was going and after a failed medical at Burnley they were probably a bit apprehensive.

Ryan Woods on 18:14 - Aug 9 with 3303 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 18:10 - Aug 9 by IAN05

That worries me big time
Ryan Woods on 18:15 - Aug 9 with 3269 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ryan Woods on 18:13 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

Because they had to know Clucas was going and after a failed medical at Burnley they were probably a bit apprehensive.

I’d be interested to see whether anyone actually disagrees with the club’s stance on this.

Would have been madness to commit to paying for Woods if Clucas didn’t leave. There’s no quick fix here I’m afraid. We are back into the long game again
Ryan Woods on 18:16 - Aug 9 with 3263 viewsraynor94

No, well I'm not surprised you're not but you know damn well he failed a medical in Burnley and him not going there had nothing to do with wage demands.

So you should bloody well know the difficulties in trying to keep this club alive.

We now enter the loan market and hopefully we're entering it with a bit of breathing space. The hard work is done, more hard work to follow.

Just get on with it.

Excellent post! Let's wait until the loan window closes, before throwing the towel in

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ryan Woods on 18:17 - Aug 9 with 3232 viewsBillyChong

The loan window FFS. Great succession/long term planning that!
Ryan Woods on 18:18 - Aug 9 with 3219 viewsIAN05

Ryan Woods on 18:13 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

Maybe mate who knows, lets be fair the owners have hardly earned the right to be trusted have they ? This one particularly hasn't gone down well within the club though.
Ryan Woods on 18:18 - Aug 9 with 3208 viewsEarl_Strickland

Just get on with it.

Excellent post, then I saw it was yours!
Ryan Woods on 18:21 - Aug 9 with 3144 viewsIAN05

Ryan Woods on 18:15 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

I’d be interested to see whether anyone actually disagrees with the club’s stance on this.

Would have been madness to commit to paying for Woods if Clucas didn’t leave. There’s no quick fix here I’m afraid. We are back into the long game again

I absolutely agree that the club shouldn't be making bug financial gambles. That said the owners and HJ have got us into this state in the first place.
Ryan Woods on 18:23 - Aug 9 with 3088 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ryan Woods on 18:21 - Aug 9 by IAN05

I absolutely agree that the club shouldn't be making bug financial gambles. That said the owners and HJ have got us into this state in the first place.

Well yes of course they have. Presumably the high wages they’d given players in the past are the reason for the fire sale we’ve had this summer where seeminly we’ve accepted any old offer just to get wages off the books.
Ryan Woods on 18:23 - Aug 9 with 3083 viewsclloy2

Just get on with it.

you also know the Club can't take risks with millions of pounds either.
"Really how much have they wasted in the last two seasons"

"Really who has masterminded and overseen that car crash"

"I repeat again-who has masterminded and overseen this car crash"
Ryan Woods on 18:24 - Aug 9 with 3061 viewsbluenile

Ryan Woods on 18:23 - Aug 9 by clloy2

you also know the Club can't take risks with millions of pounds either.
"Really how much have they wasted in the last two seasons"

"Really who has masterminded and overseen that car crash"

"I repeat again-who has masterminded and overseen this car crash"

Brilliant reply!!.............answer that, clueless!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Ryan Woods on 18:25 - Aug 9 with 3037 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 18:09 - Aug 9 by dobjack2

Based on one game admittedly he didn’t look as if he could play a lone striker role. An option to use as part of a 2 man attack perhaps.

Based on last weekend I agree but supposedly he impressed for Sunderland last season playing up top.
Ryan Woods on 18:27 - Aug 9 with 3004 viewslonglostjack

Ryan Woods on 18:14 - Aug 9 by 34dfgdf54

That worries me big time

Me too if true and it wouldn’t surprise me if it is.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ryan Woods on 18:29 - Aug 9 with 2962 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 18:15 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

I think that the issue is that most on here do not know how big a financial mess we are in. Most are guessing and by doing simple sums know that the club has to undertake a massive cost cutting exercise.

The Woods deal, or more specifically the inability to do that deal today despite the transfers earlier in the window and getting others wages off the books, says a lot.
Ryan Woods on 18:41 - Aug 9 with 2826 viewsFireboy2

The Res is indeeed a quisling in our midst

No matter what the leaders of our great club do he sees no wrong in it

We are being absolutely buttfvcked very hard and he thinks everything is fine

Words fail me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024