Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150053 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 3620 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 18:29 - Aug 9 by dobjack2

I think that the issue is that most on here do not know how big a financial mess we are in. Most are guessing and by doing simple sums know that the club has to undertake a massive cost cutting exercise.

The Woods deal, or more specifically the inability to do that deal today despite the transfers earlier in the window and getting others wages off the books, says a lot.

https://goo.gl/images/8SjYyq

Benny

Ryan Woods on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 3618 viewsDarran

Ryan Woods on 18:41 - Aug 9 by Fireboy2

The Res is indeeed a quisling in our midst

No matter what the leaders of our great club do he sees no wrong in it

We are being absolutely buttfvcked very hard and he thinks everything is fine

Words fail me

It is strange that some people seem to have no concerns whatsoever.

Saying that mind we may already have several loans lined up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ryan Woods on 18:43 - Aug 9 with 3607 viewsicecoldjack

Ryan Woods on 17:57 - Aug 9 by TheResurrection

It's not facking embarrassing is it if you've got to plug a 50m black hole, Lisa's words....

Surprised she's not been on here to tell you all though, she was on here a lot recently.

And why do we need to plug that £50 m black hole in the first place ?
Ryan Woods on 18:52 - Aug 9 with 3465 viewsclloy2

Ryan Woods on 18:42 - Aug 9 by Darran

I think the only loans that we have lined up is through Amigo loans.
Ryan Woods on 18:53 - Aug 9 with 3466 viewsIAN05

Ryan Woods on 18:29 - Aug 9 by dobjack2

I think that the issue is that most on here do not know how big a financial mess we are in. Most are guessing and by doing simple sums know that the club has to undertake a massive cost cutting exercise.

The Woods deal, or more specifically the inability to do that deal today despite the transfers earlier in the window and getting others wages off the books, says a lot.

There is no doubt a big hole, turnover would be down massively then you have the balance sheet write downs for so many of the players who we over paid for.
Ryan Woods on 18:54 - Aug 9 with 3439 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 18:42 - Aug 9 by byron

https://goo.gl/images/8SjYyq

Says someone who knows a lot about sh!t
Ryan Woods on 18:54 - Aug 9 with 3438 viewsTreforys_Jack

This in a nutshell.
Ryan Woods on 18:56 - Aug 9 with 3395 viewsThornburyswan

Good point Dar, it's clearly been a tough day but we all knew Ayew & Clucas wanted out & in general our fans were ok with that - I expected one of Fede or Amat to go but definitely not both!

It appears either from a wages/fee perspective we had to cut significantly (& boy have we done that) more than other relegated clubs - IF I grab at a few possible positives :-

1. The group look bonded together from what we've seen so far - yes we are short down the central spine CB/CM/CF but as you say we might be able to address that via the loan market.
2. Potter will have a tight group with little/no baggage from last season.
3. Several of the Prem clubs have spent a lot & have very big squads - Everton, Liverpool, West Ham, Fulham, Wolves to name but a few - so now they are done I suspect there will be some decent fringe/youngsters available.
4. I think the EPL loan rules allow up to 8 loanees as long as you only use no more than 5 in your match day squad - so if, like Watford a couple of years back, we use that market well our squad might look a lot better in 2/3 weeks.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 21:35 - Aug 9 with 2960 viewsOldjack

May ,is the key word or is that several? ,

i wouldn't hold your breath, and i'l not be surprised if no one else joins us and Potter packs his bags

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ryan Woods on 21:40 - Aug 9 with 2862 viewsAl_Bundy

"the club can't take risks with millions of pounds"

That has to be the right up there as dumb post of the decade !!
Ryan Woods on 21:40 - Aug 9 with 2848 viewsraynor94

Ryan Woods on 21:35 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

i wouldn't hold your breath, and i'l not be surprised if no one else joins us and Potter packs his bags

Well you are in for a big surprise

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ryan Woods on 21:46 - Aug 9 with 2718 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 21:35 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

We just have to bring some in now. Clare's on a free, so likely he'll be in. There must be others. All we have is 1 senior CB and 1 'senior' (kind of) striker in Ollie. There must be some more signings before the end of the month. Whether they're any good or not is another debate.
Ryan Woods on 21:51 - Aug 9 with 2601 viewsjasfan

Ryan Woods on 21:40 - Aug 9 by raynor94

Well you are in for a big surprise

Is this some reference to the Teddy Bears' Picnic? If you go down to the Woods today ...
Ryan Woods on 22:12 - Aug 9 with 2458 viewsJack123

Wtf!

libera nos a malo

Ryan Woods on 22:22 - Aug 9 with 2354 viewsSwansea93

Ryan Woods on 22:12 - Aug 9 by Jack123

Wtf!

And if our day couldn't get any worse...

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 22:29 - Aug 9 with 2264 viewsploppy

Wtf!

This makes no sense. How can we be in for Woods at £6m one minute, and now we can't even afford to take him on loan? Can someone explain?
Ryan Woods on 22:31 - Aug 9 with 2200 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 22:29 - Aug 9 by ploppy

This makes no sense. How can we be in for Woods at £6m one minute, and now we can't even afford to take him on loan? Can someone explain?

We went from expecting ~£10m for Ayew to getting maybe £1-2m as a loan fee. Clucas went from £8m to reportedly £6m. Fede's asking price dropped as Newcastle weren't going to spend £10m.

We made a lot less in sales than we assumed at the beginning of the summer.
Ryan Woods on 22:33 - Aug 9 with 2179 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ryan Woods on 22:29 - Aug 9 by ploppy

Theres probably a minimum amount of income that was required from outgoing transfers set by the moneymen first, before we could spend. We probably didnt make that given the low fees we have got for the Ayew's, Clucas, FF and Mawson.

We are a good £10-15m down at least on what we would have expected. Basically we have been stitched up and for this reason alone is why clubs like ours prefer the whole "undisclosed" sticker

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Ryan Woods on 22:33 - Aug 9 with 2163 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Woods on 18:56 - Aug 9 by Thornburyswan

Good point Dar, it's clearly been a tough day but we all knew Ayew & Clucas wanted out & in general our fans were ok with that - I expected one of Fede or Amat to go but definitely not both!

It appears either from a wages/fee perspective we had to cut significantly (& boy have we done that) more than other relegated clubs - IF I grab at a few possible positives :-

1. The group look bonded together from what we've seen so far - yes we are short down the central spine CB/CM/CF but as you say we might be able to address that via the loan market.
2. Potter will have a tight group with little/no baggage from last season.
3. Several of the Prem clubs have spent a lot & have very big squads - Everton, Liverpool, West Ham, Fulham, Wolves to name but a few - so now they are done I suspect there will be some decent fringe/youngsters available.
4. I think the EPL loan rules allow up to 8 loanees as long as you only use no more than 5 in your match day squad - so if, like Watford a couple of years back, we use that market well our squad might look a lot better in 2/3 weeks.

The spine of the team probably the most important part,we will end up with youngsters from the big boys who lower end PL & top end of championship don’t fancy.
Ryan Woods on 22:40 - Aug 9 with 2091 viewsmajorraglan

Ryan Woods on 22:31 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

We went from expecting ~£10m for Ayew to getting maybe £1-2m as a loan fee. Clucas went from £8m to reportedly £6m. Fede's asking price dropped as Newcastle weren't going to spend £10m.

Let’s hope that both Ayew have great seasons, bang in a shed load of goals which generates a great deal of interest in them resulting in their market value increasing.
Ryan Woods on 22:41 - Aug 9 with 2070 viewsBillyChong

Wtf!

Absolute farce
Ryan Woods on 22:47 - Aug 9 with 1960 viewsjasper_T

Does Stuart James ever provide quotes for what the club have supposedly said to him?

He's got his narrative and he's been sticking to it for weeks.
Ryan Woods on 22:49 - Aug 9 with 1918 viewsploppy

Ryan Woods on 22:31 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Given that Woods would have cost about the same as we received for Clucas, what if Clucas had decided to stay? We couldn't have forced him out. Does that mean we couldn't afford for him to stay?
Ryan Woods on 22:50 - Aug 9 with 1897 viewsMoscowJack

I'm so angry at the moment that I was tempted not to write at all, but........

The Yanks need to take the blame as they obviously are either not willing or able to put any money in to help us mount any sort of challenge to go back up.

I understand the Clucas issue which delayed doing a deal for Woods but this is when the owners are tested and they failed. The manager needed backing and instead of being backed, he's got one centre half, one DM and one rookie striker. It's absolutely shocking. I also understand that books need to be balanced, but what happened to 'speculate to accumulate' or simply backing the new manager's skills and beliefs? The Yanks have failed dismally so far, especially after so many empty words regarding the financial resources that they claimed to have.

My only morsel of hope left is that the loan window is still open so I will say my prayers to the football Gods tonight in the hope we pick up 3 points at the weekend and that our club have some good loan signings lined up. Fulham relied on 6 loan players last season and that went well for them, didn't it?

I don't feel we're that far from a decent enough team, but we can't rely on what we have at the moment. We look like a right mess but it COULD turn around quickly! Here's hoping......and praying!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Ryan Woods on 22:51 - Aug 9 with 1881 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Woods on 22:47 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Does Stuart James ever provide quotes for what the club have supposedly said to him?

He's got his narrative and he's been sticking to it for weeks.

He seems spot on with most things about our fuked up football club
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024