Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150576 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 22:53 - Aug 9 with 3819 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ryan Woods on 22:49 - Aug 9 by ploppy

Given that Woods would have cost about the same as we received for Clucas, what if Clucas had decided to stay? We couldn't have forced him out. Does that mean we couldn't afford for him to stay?

I would bet that we still owe Hull more for Clucas than we have just sold him for. That sums up the mismanagement of the club.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ryan Woods on 22:59 - Aug 9 with 3723 viewsdonkonky

Ryan Woods on 22:12 - Aug 9 by Jack123

Wtf!

Any Trust board able to comment on the situation? Surely our finances are being monitored.Time to let the average supporters know the state of play.
Ryan Woods on 23:03 - Aug 9 with 3668 viewsEasternJack

Ryan Woods on 22:53 - Aug 9 by Joe_bradshaw

I would bet that we still owe Hull more for Clucas than we have just sold him for. That sums up the mismanagement of the club.

Possibly. At the very least we will be taking a huge hit on having to realise losses on amortised fees for at least clucas. This may explain why it makes some sense to loan out some of these players.

Add to that the possible credit lines extended on the original “asset” values and this squeeze may start to make sense.

We”ll find out next year
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 23:03]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Ryan Woods on 00:49 - Aug 10 with 3394 viewshobo

Ryan Woods on 22:40 - Aug 9 by majorraglan

Let’s hope that both Ayew have great seasons, bang in a shed load of goals which generates a great deal of interest in them resulting in their market value increasing.

Nah, we've probably negotiated rock bottom fees where they can make the move permanent. It's what we do. And then we wonder why there's no money
Ryan Woods on 01:28 - Aug 10 with 3329 viewsJonathans_coat

Ryan Woods on 22:50 - Aug 9 by MoscowJack

I'm so angry at the moment that I was tempted not to write at all, but........

The Yanks need to take the blame as they obviously are either not willing or able to put any money in to help us mount any sort of challenge to go back up.

I understand the Clucas issue which delayed doing a deal for Woods but this is when the owners are tested and they failed. The manager needed backing and instead of being backed, he's got one centre half, one DM and one rookie striker. It's absolutely shocking. I also understand that books need to be balanced, but what happened to 'speculate to accumulate' or simply backing the new manager's skills and beliefs? The Yanks have failed dismally so far, especially after so many empty words regarding the financial resources that they claimed to have.

My only morsel of hope left is that the loan window is still open so I will say my prayers to the football Gods tonight in the hope we pick up 3 points at the weekend and that our club have some good loan signings lined up. Fulham relied on 6 loan players last season and that went well for them, didn't it?

I don't feel we're that far from a decent enough team, but we can't rely on what we have at the moment. We look like a right mess but it COULD turn around quickly! Here's hoping......and praying!

Wasn’t improving the cash flow/borrowing situation the main reason HJ gave for selling up? How’s that working out pal?

Either it was all a stitch up by buyers and sellers to make a ton of cash at SCFC’s expense, or both buyers and sellers were/are lying to each other. Result being, the Yanks have bought a pig in a poke, and we are left with shyte owners with no money to invest!

A complete disaster for SCFC any way you look at it! What a shambles!
Ryan Woods on 07:39 - Aug 10 with 3093 viewsHeadmaster

Wtf!

Something is seriously wrong when we can't even afford to loan him.
Ryan Woods on 08:01 - Aug 10 with 2995 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 07:39 - Aug 10 by Headmaster

Something is seriously wrong when we can't even afford to loan him.

I'm guessing this is why Nmecha changed from 'I'm going to Swansea' to our going to our opponents on Saturday.
Ryan Woods on 08:28 - Aug 10 with 2915 viewsHeadmaster

Ryan Woods on 08:01 - Aug 10 by awayjack

I'm guessing this is why Nmecha changed from 'I'm going to Swansea' to our going to our opponents on Saturday.

And that doesn't bode well for future loans. We need a Panorama style investigation into this club.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 09:05 - Aug 10 with 2806 viewswaynekerr55

Ryan Woods on 01:28 - Aug 10 by Jonathans_coat

Wasn’t improving the cash flow/borrowing situation the main reason HJ gave for selling up? How’s that working out pal?

Either it was all a stitch up by buyers and sellers to make a ton of cash at SCFC’s expense, or both buyers and sellers were/are lying to each other. Result being, the Yanks have bought a pig in a poke, and we are left with shyte owners with no money to invest!

A complete disaster for SCFC any way you look at it! What a shambles!

Well if it's not obvious that the whole "by fans for fans" cliche was nothing but horse shít now it never will be

What a mess

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ryan Woods on 09:15 - Aug 10 with 2720 viewskarnataka

Ryan Woods on 22:31 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

We went from expecting ~£10m for Ayew to getting maybe £1-2m as a loan fee. Clucas went from £8m to reportedly £6m. Fede's asking price dropped as Newcastle weren't going to spend £10m.

We made a lot less in sales than we assumed at the beginning of the summer.

We made a lot less in sales than we assumed at the beginning of the week let alone the beginning of the summer.
Ryan Woods on 09:16 - Aug 10 with 2709 viewsWarwickHunt

Ryan Woods on 08:01 - Aug 10 by awayjack

We wouldn't pay his bus fare.
Ryan Woods on 09:25 - Aug 10 with 2659 viewsTom1912

Ryan Woods on 09:16 - Aug 10 by WarwickHunt

We wouldn't pay his bus fare.

We needed the Ayew deal to go through before we could get the funds to pay it, and unfortunately the bus left before the deal was complete
Ryan Woods on 09:29 - Aug 10 with 2632 viewsThornburyswan

Wtf!

Not sure I believe/understand that - I can accept that we wouldn't budge from our valuation (presume that was the reported £6M offer), whether that was because we couldn't afford another £500K or for other reasons.......but we clearly offered & knew we'd have to agree personal terms with Woods if accepted.

Now we have exited pretty much all of our higher earners (Bony aside) we clearly must have some fee/wages flexibility - otherwise it was a worthless exercise in talking to Brentford in the first place.

Not saying we'll go back in for him but won't accept we cannot afford him in wages/loan fee terms - in fact I suspect we'll try the Watford approach of using the loan market strongly on a lower risk perspective.
Ryan Woods on 11:20 - Aug 10 with 2472 viewsjasper_T

Latest from Alan Nixon: SWANSEA. Woods thing not their fault. Deal called off en route so to speak. Some unhappiness all round. See how people react in next few days.
Ryan Woods on 11:23 - Aug 10 with 2434 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 11:20 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

Latest from Alan Nixon: SWANSEA. Woods thing not their fault. Deal called off en route so to speak. Some unhappiness all round. See how people react in next few days.

But..wouldn't we still go for him on loan? With a permanent deal for winter? That's the only thing that's stopping people from imploding.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 11:25 - Aug 10 with 2408 viewsjasper_T

"Price changed. That’s the trouble with this ‘fake’ period now when it has to be loans or loan to buys. Cocked it up for Football League clubs with cash to spend."
Ryan Woods on 11:32 - Aug 10 with 2342 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 11:25 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

"Price changed. That’s the trouble with this ‘fake’ period now when it has to be loans or loan to buys. Cocked it up for Football League clubs with cash to spend."

Yes we would not have had the diabolical window yesterday if it were not for the loan system.
Everything should close the same time loans and permanent deals.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ryan Woods on 11:33 - Aug 10 with 2320 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 11:36 - Aug 10 with 2289 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 11:33 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

Which translates into..Alan Nixon doesn't know his @ss from his crotch.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 11:38 - Aug 10 with 2275 viewsBlue_Blood

Ryan Woods on 11:20 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

I'm sorry but I don't see how this can be described as not the fault of the powers that be.

Woods would have been an investment and waiting til you sold Clucas was always gonna end in tears.

You should have bought him a week or two and Potter would have had his "number one" target, the fan base would have been appeased and you would have had a chance of making the play offs with a couple of decent loans.

Now the good feeling created last week has gone, you enter the loan market in desperation and other clubs will know that, not to mention the players you're trying to loan!
Ryan Woods on 11:44 - Aug 10 with 2213 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 11:38 - Aug 10 by Blue_Blood

I'm sorry but I don't see how this can be described as not the fault of the powers that be.

Woods would have been an investment and waiting til you sold Clucas was always gonna end in tears.

You should have bought him a week or two and Potter would have had his "number one" target, the fan base would have been appeased and you would have had a chance of making the play offs with a couple of decent loans.

Now the good feeling created last week has gone, you enter the loan market in desperation and other clubs will know that, not to mention the players you're trying to loan!

Not sure I agree with this policy of "just pay whatever they want, mun" when we started the summer staring at a loss of >£50m without major cutbacks.

Brentford and Woods knew they had three more weeks to maneuver and could play hardball on deadline day.
Ryan Woods on 11:45 - Aug 10 with 2194 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 11:36 - Aug 10 by omarjack

Which translates into..Alan Nixon doesn't know his @ss from his crotch.

Was right about everything else yesterday.
Ryan Woods on 11:49 - Aug 10 with 2135 viewsItchySphincter

Ryan Woods on 11:23 - Aug 10 by omarjack

But..wouldn't we still go for him on loan? With a permanent deal for winter? That's the only thing that's stopping people from imploding.

It's implying it was the player's choice, not either club. Therefor a loan would likely be out of the question.

That sh!t stirring Stuart James prick could do with silencing, as could Nixon, the pair of pricks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ryan Woods on 11:52 - Aug 10 with 2103 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 11:38 - Aug 10 by Blue_Blood

Who gives a flying fack what you think mate?

I understand you've recently jumped on the scum bandwagon and have clearly invigorated yourself enough to start posting on your big enemies forum. Why don't you just enjoy your little season in the sun before you slink off into the abyss once again.

Just fack off, OK?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 11:54 - Aug 10 with 2089 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 11:49 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

It's implying it was the player's choice, not either club. Therefor a loan would likely be out of the question.

That sh!t stirring Stuart James prick could do with silencing, as could Nixon, the pair of pricks.

That's exactly what that kunt James is. A shit stirring vvanker.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024