Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150025 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 11:56 - Aug 10 with 4299 viewsBlue_Blood

Ryan Woods on 11:44 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

Not sure I agree with this policy of "just pay whatever they want, mun" when we started the summer staring at a loss of >£50m without major cutbacks.

Brentford and Woods knew they had three more weeks to maneuver and could play hardball on deadline day.

I agree with that but from what I've been gathering as this story developed the price went up as the deadline day got closer.
A week ago the common consensus was 6 million asking price, and that is by no means over the odds for the lad and especially on how pivotal he would be in what Potter is trying to acheive.

I'm not advocating that you throw all your eggs in one basket in an all out boom or just approach like Cardiff did when we were relegated but it seems like your club are just throwing in the towel.

Your recent success will give you a bit of pull this season when it comes to competing with Villa, West Brom etc in attracting players and I think you certainly wouldn't have been stuck with dead wood like Bony if Woods wasn't a huge success. He's young and has developed enough of a reputation to move on for good money if worst comes to the worst in 12 months time.

As it is now you look more like relegation candidates than promotion.
Ryan Woods on 12:31 - Aug 10 with 4109 viewsjack_lord

How could we apparently afford £6M with negotiation on going yet we couldn't afford to loan him.

Please explain that one Mr Guardian journalist.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Ryan Woods on 12:36 - Aug 10 with 4055 viewslondonlisa2001

Ryan Woods on 11:45 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

Was right about everything else yesterday.

That’s because he’s clearly being fed info from within the club.

Which means he still is.

Let’s not assume that there is no reaction from the powers that be to seeing the carnage that has erupted since yesterday. Feeding info out to friendly sources is tried and tested.
Ryan Woods on 12:38 - Aug 10 with 4023 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 12:36 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

That’s because he’s clearly being fed info from within the club.

Which means he still is.

Let’s not assume that there is no reaction from the powers that be to seeing the carnage that has erupted since yesterday. Feeding info out to friendly sources is tried and tested.

He gets plenty from Brentford as well. Popular among Championship clubs looking to do business.
Ryan Woods on 12:49 - Aug 10 with 3943 viewslondonlisa2001

Ryan Woods on 12:38 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

He gets plenty from Brentford as well. Popular among Championship clubs looking to do business.

I’m sure.

I’m just saying that don’t forget he’s being used to get info out that the club want out there.
Ryan Woods on 13:14 - Aug 10 with 3801 viewsBadlands

Ryan Woods on 08:01 - Aug 10 by awayjack

I'm guessing this is why Nmecha changed from 'I'm going to Swansea' to our going to our opponents on Saturday.

Or PNE offered about the same in terms of money, standard and ambition but meant the player wouldn't have to temporarily leave his home of 10 years.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ryan Woods on 13:18 - Aug 10 with 3753 viewsherbie

Ryan Woods on 11:52 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Who gives a flying fack what you think mate?

I understand you've recently jumped on the scum bandwagon and have clearly invigorated yourself enough to start posting on your big enemies forum. Why don't you just enjoy your little season in the sun before you slink off into the abyss once again.

Just fack off, OK?

Quit the abuse will you. He wasn't stirring things up. Just making comments like everybody else. It doesn't matter he supports the team up the road if he isn't just on a wind up. There is far too much personal abuse on these boards.
Ryan Woods on 13:24 - Aug 10 with 3700 viewswaynekerr55

Ryan Woods on 11:54 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

That's exactly what that kunt James is. A shit stirring vvanker.

That's a bit harsh on him Res.

Even you have to admit there are serious questions that need to be answered at all levels.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 13:58 - Aug 10 with 3563 viewsSwansea83

This is interesting from Alan Nixon...

Poll: Who will be our top goal scorer for this campaign?

Ryan Woods on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 3491 viewsSwansea93

Ryan Woods on 13:58 - Aug 10 by Swansea83

This is interesting from Alan Nixon...

Let's see what happens in the next few weeks, still absolutely frustrated with yesterday's actions by the board, leaving us so short on defensive options and up top, we have 2 league games to play in the next 5 days, lets hope we get no injuries or red cards because we'll be in some serious sh!t.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 3431 viewsdonkonky

Ryan Woods on 14:10 - Aug 10 by Swansea93

Let's see what happens in the next few weeks, still absolutely frustrated with yesterday's actions by the board, leaving us so short on defensive options and up top, we have 2 league games to play in the next 5 days, lets hope we get no injuries or red cards because we'll be in some serious sh!t.

What’s so annoying is that we have a good opportunity to win our next two games and give the team the confidence needed to put the negatives of last season behind. Why fckn leave Potter so short of bodies in this important part of the season!
Ryan Woods on 14:34 - Aug 10 with 3352 viewsSwansea93

Dean Smith feels the ‘Woods to Swansea’ ship has sailed the Bees’ manager expects his midfielder to stay at Brenrford at least until January.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 14:51 - Aug 10 with 3250 viewsHeadmaster

Here's a summary of this whole, sorry mess:

"The bottom line is the deal was there to be done in some way, shape or form, and Swansea baulked.

Chairman Huw Jenkins is usually at the centre of fans' disquiet, but this was a decision that was not down to him. The club's owners would not pay the fee required for a permanent deal."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-ryan-wo
Ryan Woods on 15:30 - Aug 10 with 3123 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 14:51 - Aug 10 by Headmaster

"The bottom line is the deal was there to be done in some way, shape or form, and Swansea baulked.

Chairman Huw Jenkins is usually at the centre of fans' disquiet, but this was a decision that was not down to him. The club's owners would not pay the fee required for a permanent deal."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-ryan-wo

Very sorry state of affairs makes you wonder if you really wanted him in the first place.Cant believe you couldn’t come up with the money as you are awash with it from sales and parachute monies.Woods in our squad for tomorrow looks like we have moved on from the nonesense.Good luck this season your fans deserve better.
Ryan Woods on 15:52 - Aug 10 with 3009 viewsFireboy2

Ryan Woods on 15:30 - Aug 10 by switchingcode

Very sorry state of affairs makes you wonder if you really wanted him in the first place.Cant believe you couldn’t come up with the money as you are awash with it from sales and parachute monies.Woods in our squad for tomorrow looks like we have moved on from the nonesense.Good luck this season your fans deserve better.

I said it when the yanks bought us that the fvcking leeches are only in it for one thing and one thing only

Money

And now they have really shown what they are all about,by leaving us short at centre half and up front they have shown that the dont care about where the team are headed and they certainly dont care about the fans

I just hope and pray that potter gets at least 2 centre halves and 1 striker by the end of the month otherwise we are totally fvcked

Im just wondering what potter and especially the players think of whats gone on re the window,we as fans have got to get behind them during the game
Ryan Woods on 15:56 - Aug 10 with 2988 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 15:30 - Aug 10 by switchingcode

The manager clearly wanted him.

It appears that our finances are a mess, which doesn’t surprise many on here. However are they in such a mess that we couldn’t afford what appeared to be our main target after protracted negotiations and have left us with one senior centre forward and one senior centre half ....
Ryan Woods on 15:59 - Aug 10 with 2960 viewswaynekerr55

What a surprise - Wales Online ride to Jenkins rescue, again

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ryan Woods on 16:17 - Aug 10 with 2881 viewsswitchingcode

So they only wanted Woods on loan then?Which is nonesense as it wouldn’t have gone past 1st base.We have a reputation for holding out for our valuation of our players and you won’t find any bad mouthing from clubs we have dealt with either when buying or selling so to suggest we moved the goal posts regarding the price is scandalous.Im led to believe we met halfway 6.5million and then there was silence and then a statement from Swansea basically that they haven’t got any funds to buy any players.
Ryan Woods on 16:21 - Aug 10 with 2853 viewsJango

Ryan Woods on 16:17 - Aug 10 by switchingcode

So they only wanted Woods on loan then?Which is nonesense as it wouldn’t have gone past 1st base.We have a reputation for holding out for our valuation of our players and you won’t find any bad mouthing from clubs we have dealt with either when buying or selling so to suggest we moved the goal posts regarding the price is scandalous.Im led to believe we met halfway 6.5million and then there was silence and then a statement from Swansea basically that they haven’t got any funds to buy any players.

Have Swansea made a statement saying that? All I’ve read about the situation really is random people in twitter. I don’t think anyone really knows what’s gone except those involved.
Ryan Woods on 16:36 - Aug 10 with 2771 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 16:17 - Aug 10 by switchingcode

Who knows what really happened.

The speculation from this article is that everyone this side of the Atlantic wanted the deal to happen but our American Hedge fund owners didn’t authorise it at the last minute.

The club has been a mess off the pitch for a few seasons. Whilst there was excitement at a progressive manager coaching and recruitment team coming in, a lot of that excitement and optimism went out of the window yesterday.

It could be a long season (again) especially if there are no significant changes to the squad. Brentford has always been one of my favourite trips in London, along with Orient. Just hope we don’t end up like them.
Ryan Woods on 16:56 - Aug 10 with 2672 viewsEasternJack

Ryan Woods on 15:52 - Aug 10 by Fireboy2

I said it when the yanks bought us that the fvcking leeches are only in it for one thing and one thing only

Money

And now they have really shown what they are all about,by leaving us short at centre half and up front they have shown that the dont care about where the team are headed and they certainly dont care about the fans

I just hope and pray that potter gets at least 2 centre halves and 1 striker by the end of the month otherwise we are totally fvcked

Im just wondering what potter and especially the players think of whats gone on re the window,we as fans have got to get behind them during the game

"I just hope and pray that potter gets at least 2 centre halves and 1 striker by the end of the month otherwise we are totally fvcked "

Maybe that was the question raised by the owners? - "Why are we spending £6M on a midfielder when the playing squad is short of defenders and strikers". It's what I'd be asking if I were one the owners and had limited funds to spend on new players.

As good as Woods may be, I'd still rather us focus on the central defence issue first.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Ryan Woods on 17:06 - Aug 10 with 2619 viewsAndyNak

Ryan Woods on 16:56 - Aug 10 by EasternJack

"I just hope and pray that potter gets at least 2 centre halves and 1 striker by the end of the month otherwise we are totally fvcked "

Maybe that was the question raised by the owners? - "Why are we spending £6M on a midfielder when the playing squad is short of defenders and strikers". It's what I'd be asking if I were one the owners and had limited funds to spend on new players.

As good as Woods may be, I'd still rather us focus on the central defence issue first.

Well we weren’t short of centre halves when we started looking at Woods

And we had lost Britton, Mesa and Ki from the middle with Ayew and Clucas both clearly leaving, Fer injured and Sanches and Kings loans ending

No matter how you try and dress it up it’s a pathetic mess

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Ryan Woods on 17:07 - Aug 10 with 2611 viewsGlyn1

Ryan Woods on 18:41 - Aug 9 by Fireboy2

The Res is indeeed a quisling in our midst

No matter what the leaders of our great club do he sees no wrong in it

We are being absolutely buttfvcked very hard and he thinks everything is fine

Words fail me

"Words fail me."

Unfortunately they don't.

Quisling was a Norwegian fascist traitor who sent thousands of Norwegians to their deaths.

The Res is a fellow Swans fan who you disagree with.

Get a grip. Stop trivializing the war dead. And start looking for the sense of proportion that you've so obviously lost.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 17:08]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Ryan Woods on 19:17 - Aug 10 with 2271 viewsOldjack

19 pages and still no sign of him ,warra a bloody farce this turned out to be.
Selling cheap and replacing with nowt ,
Treacherous Huw is one utter utter snake in the grass of the highest order and he'd better pray Potter can work miracles ,if this goes tits up he'd better pack his passport

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ryan Woods on 19:50 - Aug 10 with 2164 viewsGlyn1

I think that I lost my own sense of proportion when talking to Fireboy2. How the hell did all of us get into this shite?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024