Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150449 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 11:29 - Aug 12 with 3258 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 11:02 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

But the one I try to get hold of all the time as do all Swans fans

And the other is some internet bollox that daft tvvats like you seem to believe.

No need to call people nasty names. It’s not a school playground and no need for you to act like the school bully.

My post was a gentle reminder, to all of us, to take a moment to consider where information comes from and how accurate it is likely to be.
Ryan Woods on 11:40 - Aug 12 with 3193 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 11:29 - Aug 12 by dobjack2

No need to call people nasty names. It’s not a school playground and no need for you to act like the school bully.

My post was a gentle reminder, to all of us, to take a moment to consider where information comes from and how accurate it is likely to be.

Ah but it's so facking boring.

I couldn't give two shits for any of the Directors unless they can do a job for my football club.

There'll come a time again when I'll slam them all once more

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 12:24 - Aug 12 with 3064 viewswaynekerr55

Ryan Woods on 10:26 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

The truth not suiting your agenda, Ant?

Possibly, yes 😘

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ryan Woods on 12:24 - Aug 12 with 3061 viewsBadlands

Ryan Woods on 15:30 - Aug 10 by switchingcode

Very sorry state of affairs makes you wonder if you really wanted him in the first place.Cant believe you couldn’t come up with the money as you are awash with it from sales and parachute monies.Woods in our squad for tomorrow looks like we have moved on from the nonesense.Good luck this season your fans deserve better.

'Cant believe you couldn’t come up with the money as you are awash with it '
Sums up the situation nicely.
Brentford got greedy because they thought we'd stump up cash we may or may not have.
We put a value on a player virtually no Swans support will have heard of and stuck to it.
Strong management.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ryan Woods on 12:28 - Aug 12 with 3022 viewswaynekerr55

Ryan Woods on 10:32 - Aug 12 by Mo_Wives

How's Dec?

So so,holding up

Ryan Woods on 12:33 - Aug 12 with 2979 viewswaynekerr55

Ryan Woods on 11:40 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

Ah but it's so facking boring.

I couldn't give two shits for any of the Directors unless they can do a job for my football club.

There'll come a time again when I'll slam them all once more

Genuine question. I know we are poles apart in our opinions and I'm not being provocative. Why are the Trust unforgivable in your eyes (or that's how it seems) yet the people who played a significant role in undoing all of their awesome work are forgiven.

Please can nobody else derail this question.

Ryan Woods on 14:21 - Aug 12 with 2707 viewsFireboy2

Ryan Woods on 11:01 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

Your heads the size of Lou Carpenters. Looks weird on your shoulders.

You wouldnt say that to my face ya sh!house keyboard warrior
Ryan Woods on 14:23 - Aug 12 with 2682 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 14:21 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

You wouldnt say that to my face ya sh!house keyboard warrior

yes i would

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 14:26 - Aug 12 with 2655 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Woods on 12:24 - Aug 12 by Badlands

Brentford got greedy because they thought we'd stump up cash we may or may not have.
We put a value on a player virtually no Swans support will have heard of and stuck to it.
Strong management.

Actually it’s poor management that has got us into a position where even the p!ss pot is on eBay.

Brentford May or may not have tried upping the price, we may have been trying to talk them down from their original price for weeks.

Brentford may have thought we have more money than we had because surely no club would have hamstrung itself by buying players at ridiculous fees, giving them stupid wages and require a firesale of biblical proportions to get the wages bill, money owed on transfers etc. Down without leaving a sizeable fund for strengthening the team.
Ryan Woods on 14:30 - Aug 12 with 2610 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Ryan Woods on 14:26 - Aug 12 by dobjack2

Actually it’s poor management that has got us into a position where even the p!ss pot is on eBay.

Brentford May or may not have tried upping the price, we may have been trying to talk them down from their original price for weeks.

Brentford may have thought we have more money than we had because surely no club would have hamstrung itself by buying players at ridiculous fees, giving them stupid wages and require a firesale of biblical proportions to get the wages bill, money owed on transfers etc. Down without leaving a sizeable fund for strengthening the team.

Bad recruitment and hopeless financial management and no senior person leaves the business.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ryan Woods on 17:47 - Aug 12 with 2359 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 14:30 - Aug 12 by JACKMANANDBOY

Bad recruitment and hopeless financial management and no senior person leaves the business.

But it's not Jenkins' fault. Obviously.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 19:20 - Aug 12 with 2090 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 12:24 - Aug 12 by Badlands

Strong management.

So it's strong management to drop our pants on values and loans for likes of Mawson, Clucas, Ayew brothers and Fernandez losing tens of millions, and strong management to pull out of a deal for our top target due to £0.5m difference in value. Strong management would have cut directors wages due to their performance and the serious number of back office staff, not just focus on player cuts.
Ryan Woods on 19:25 - Aug 12 with 2061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 19:20 - Aug 12 by awayjack

So it's strong management to drop our pants on values and loans for likes of Mawson, Clucas, Ayew brothers and Fernandez losing tens of millions, and strong management to pull out of a deal for our top target due to £0.5m difference in value. Strong management would have cut directors wages due to their performance and the serious number of back office staff, not just focus on player cuts.

Bang on. Thanks for explaining the concept of hypocrisy to Badlands. Have an up arrow.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 19:36 - Aug 12 with 2009 viewsraynor94

To cut to the chase here, is he actually worth £6.5 million, because I have never heard of him, and it seems nobody else valued him at that price

Our recruitment policy has been pathetic over the last few years, but perhaps a stand had to be made here?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ryan Woods on 19:53 - Aug 12 with 1896 viewsswitchingcode

For what it’s worth I spoke with a few ITK fans at Stoke Saturday and they said the deal was pulled because the Americans wouldn’t agree a deal even though we had compromised and met half way 6.5 mill.Reason being the club hadn’t got the anticipated income from outgoing players and there was a big shortfall and basically they will only sanction loans and won’t be paying out any monies on transfers in so I expect you wouldn’t have paid 3 mill if that was what we were asking.May be complete bollox so don’t shoot me 😉
Ryan Woods on 19:55 - Aug 12 with 1883 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 19:53 - Aug 12 by switchingcode

For what it’s worth I spoke with a few ITK fans at Stoke Saturday and they said the deal was pulled because the Americans wouldn’t agree a deal even though we had compromised and met half way 6.5 mill.Reason being the club hadn’t got the anticipated income from outgoing players and there was a big shortfall and basically they will only sanction loans and won’t be paying out any monies on transfers in so I expect you wouldn’t have paid 3 mill if that was what we were asking.May be complete bollox so don’t shoot me 😉

Why wasn’t he in your squad Saturday?

Your “itk” friends are probably spot on, but I just find it strange he’s still not part of the match day squads.
Ryan Woods on 19:57 - Aug 12 with 1853 viewsPhil_S

ITK. Generally it is short for people who sound convincing but rarely are
Ryan Woods on 20:05 - Aug 12 with 1796 viewsSwansea93

Ryan Woods on 19:55 - Aug 12 by 34dfgdf54

Why wasn’t he in your squad Saturday?

Your “itk” friends are probably spot on, but I just find it strange he’s still not part of the match day squads.

I seen some comments kicking about his wife is about to give birth.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 20:14 - Aug 12 with 1738 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 19:36 - Aug 12 by raynor94

To cut to the chase here, is he actually worth £6.5 million, because I have never heard of him, and it seems nobody else valued him at that price

Our recruitment policy has been pathetic over the last few years, but perhaps a stand had to be made here?

The most pathetic thing about all this is 3 weeks ago nobody had heard of him or even seen him play.

Wind on the clock and missing out on him was the end of the world.

Laughable.

Ryan Woods on 20:16 - Aug 12 with 1726 viewsdobjack2

Sounds believable as you will gather from the comments on this and other threads.

You probably turned down our final offer of the kettle, the pot we used to p!ss in and the key to the executive toilet as a loan fee.
Ryan Woods on 20:17 - Aug 12 with 1716 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 19:36 - Aug 12 by raynor94

good post

I just had a look and he has only scored 4 goals from 223 games. Must have made a load of assists or something. But still for 6.5 mil could have been a high risk flop.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 20:21]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 20:21 - Aug 12 with 1689 viewsItchySphincter

Ryan Woods on 20:14 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

The most pathetic thing about all this is 3 weeks ago nobody had heard of him or even seen him play.

Wind on the clock and missing out on him was the end of the world.

Laughable.

True.

....and to add to Raynor's post - Brentford probably did believe that as a recent PL club we would be willing to pay more for the lad than another Championship club. Not saying he's not worth it, and if he had played in the PL his value would probably be around that as a minimum (*see Clucas), but there is a good possibility we were being taken advantage of.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ryan Woods on 21:19 - Aug 12 with 1498 viewsbangorjack

Ryan Woods on 20:17 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

good post

I just had a look and he has only scored 4 goals from 223 games. Must have made a load of assists or something. But still for 6.5 mil could have been a high risk flop.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 20:21]

And Leon only scored 11 goals in 484 appearances. So what’s your point?
Ryan Woods on 21:45 - Aug 12 with 1416 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 21:19 - Aug 12 by bangorjack

my point is that for 6.5 mil could have been a high risk flop.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 21:48 - Aug 12 with 1399 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 21:19 - Aug 12 by bangorjack

Leon Britton scored 17 in 546 games, so what's your point?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 21:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024