Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150607 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 21:50 - Aug 12 with 2182 viewsbangorjack

Ryan Woods on 21:45 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

my point is that for 6.5 mil could have been a high risk flop.

Any signing could potentially be a flop. Judging level of risk purely on goals scored is pointless for a player whose role isn’t goal scoring. It’s akin to Vincent Tan demanding to know why their keeper hadn’t scored any goals a few years back.
Ryan Woods on 21:51 - Aug 12 with 2169 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 20:17 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

good post

I just had a look and he has only scored 4 goals from 223 games. Must have made a load of assists or something. But still for 6.5 mil could have been a high risk flop.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 20:21]

So you measure every players worth by how many goals they score?
He's a defensive midfielder. FFS

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 21:54 - Aug 12 with 2148 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 19:55 - Aug 12 by 34dfgdf54

Why wasn’t he in your squad Saturday?

Your “itk” friends are probably spot on, but I just find it strange he’s still not part of the match day squads.

He’s not played for us this season due to this long winded speculation about joining you and the fact we have had 2 very good performances and we have a strong squad he won’t be going straight back in the side.He will play mid week against Southend in the cup I expect.He was voted player of the year last season so he is well rated by our fans and loads of opposing fans too.His only failing is he doesn’t score enough goals.
Ryan Woods on 21:56 - Aug 12 with 2128 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 21:54 - Aug 12 by switchingcode

He’s not played for us this season due to this long winded speculation about joining you and the fact we have had 2 very good performances and we have a strong squad he won’t be going straight back in the side.He will play mid week against Southend in the cup I expect.He was voted player of the year last season so he is well rated by our fans and loads of opposing fans too.His only failing is he doesn’t score enough goals.

Did you get that from your ITK? As you said he'd be in the squad for Stoke.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 22:16 - Aug 12 with 2048 viewsSwan91

Ryan Woods on 20:14 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

The most pathetic thing about all this is 3 weeks ago nobody had heard of him or even seen him play.

Wind on the clock and missing out on him was the end of the world.

Laughable.

I think for me the reason I am like this is because it's GP who wants him. His record this window has been pretty good so far.. and he felt this player would be his priority.

Been classed as a strong, defensive Leon Britton type player which is who we have been missing for many years.... so he could be the player to fix that problem we have had for roughly 4 seasons.

Now if it was the board who found him or old recruitment we had previously then i would be less willing... but it is our manager and his recruitment team who found him and are interested..
Ryan Woods on 22:28 - Aug 12 with 1971 viewsjackrabbit

My pal who's a Brentford season ticket holder tells me " Woods won't score many goals but he will control a game". Sounds just the job.
Ryan Woods on 22:46 - Aug 12 with 1882 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 22:28 - Aug 12 by jackrabbit

My pal who's a Brentford season ticket holder tells me " Woods won't score many goals but he will control a game". Sounds just the job.

Exactly what we needed second half on Saturday. An imposing MF. Get him Huw/Chris/Gray

Ryan Woods on 22:48 - Aug 12 with 1869 viewsairedale

BREAKING NEWS: I’m wondering if we’ll hear any more about this in the coming week?
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 22:49 - Aug 12 with 1863 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 21:56 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

Did you get that from your ITK? As you said he'd be in the squad for Stoke.

No from the manager who said he was back in the squad,which I thought meant squad for Stoke but he meant just that.Remember we didn’t put him on a transfer list or he didn’t ask for a move it was an inguiry from you and an initial offer of 5 million which we now find out your club couldn’t have stumped up that anyway so it’s all been a waste of time and unsettled our player.Anyway I only came on to try and be helpful wont post anymore.Hope you have a great season but not as good as ours 🐝👍
Ryan Woods on 22:54 - Aug 12 with 1810 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 21:50 - Aug 12 by bangorjack

Any signing could potentially be a flop. Judging level of risk purely on goals scored is pointless for a player whose role isn’t goal scoring. It’s akin to Vincent Tan demanding to know why their keeper hadn’t scored any goals a few years back.

That's exactly my point 'Any signing could potentially be a flop'

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 22:56 - Aug 12 with 1799 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 21:51 - Aug 12 by Brynmill_Jack

So you measure every players worth by how many goals they score?
He's a defensive midfielder. FFS

No, also the number of assists.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 22:59 - Aug 12 with 1759 viewsbangorjack

Ryan Woods on 22:54 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

That's exactly my point 'Any signing could potentially be a flop'

Well there we go then. May as well not sign anyone.
Alternatively we try and sign players who are more likely to be successful - based on criteria such as previous championship experience or being top of GP’s wish list, rather than just looking at how many goals they’ve scored.
Ryan Woods on 23:05 - Aug 12 with 1728 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 22:59 - Aug 12 by bangorjack

Well there we go then. May as well not sign anyone.
Alternatively we try and sign players who are more likely to be successful - based on criteria such as previous championship experience or being top of GP’s wish list, rather than just looking at how many goals they’ve scored.

Fair enough, if it was top of GP’s wish list, I was unaware of that.

But do we know this for certain, or is has it posted here by someone without any real proof?

Ryan Woods on 23:06 - Aug 12 with 1719 viewsploppy

Ryan Woods on 22:56 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

How did Leon do with goals/assists?
Ryan Woods on 23:13 - Aug 12 with 1685 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 23:06 - Aug 12 by ploppy

How did Leon do with goals/assists?

I'd like to know his stats for assists. He'd usually pass rather than go for it himself, so should be high?

Ryan Woods on 23:17 - Aug 12 with 1666 viewsploppy

Ryan Woods on 23:13 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

I'd like to know his stats for assists. He'd usually pass rather than go for it himself, so should be high?

Well, in the PL era his goals were zero and I'd be surprised if his assists were not zero.
Ryan Woods on 23:30 - Aug 12 with 1593 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 23:17 - Aug 12 by ploppy

Well, in the PL era his goals were zero and I'd be surprised if his assists were not zero.

For the Championship and League 1, I expect his assists would higher that Woods, what do you think?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 23:31]

Ryan Woods on 23:30 - Aug 12 with 1591 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 22:56 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER. They aren't meant to get forward very often.

Ryan Woods on 23:36 - Aug 12 with 1559 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 23:30 - Aug 12 by Brynmill_Jack

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER. They aren't meant to get forward very often.

Are you seriously saying that defensive midfielders don't get assists?

I think we'd be much better off getting a player like Sean Clare on a free, at 21 yrs of age, who has scored 3 goals in 25 games. Rather than pay out 6.5 mil for a player with high wage demands.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 23:37]

Ryan Woods on 23:41 - Aug 12 with 1536 viewsKerouac

Ryan Woods on 23:30 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

For the Championship and League 1, I expect his assists would higher that Woods, what do you think?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 23:31]

Stats don't tell you a whole lot about a football game in my opinion.

e.g. Bersant Celina is an Attacking Midfielder, he has neither scored nor assisted in his first 2 games for Swansea...yet anyone who knows about the game will tell you that he has looked class and had a big influence on us winning both those games.

Jay Fulton (an honest boy making the most of his talents, not class so far, but not to be written off) scored the winner yesterday but didn't have the same influence.

Football is a team game see, the scorer is just the one who applies the last touch, there's a lot more going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Ryan Woods on 23:46 - Aug 12 with 1516 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 23:41 - Aug 12 by Kerouac

Stats don't tell you a whole lot about a football game in my opinion.

e.g. Bersant Celina is an Attacking Midfielder, he has neither scored nor assisted in his first 2 games for Swansea...yet anyone who knows about the game will tell you that he has looked class and had a big influence on us winning both those games.

Jay Fulton (an honest boy making the most of his talents, not class so far, but not to be written off) scored the winner yesterday but didn't have the same influence.

Football is a team game see, the scorer is just the one who applies the last touch, there's a lot more going on.

Exactly

Forget goals and assists, Raynor's point was 'is he actually worth £6.5 million'

If we have decided to change our recruitment policy. If the board now won't buy any player over a certain amount, and they won't pay wages over a certain amount, should they have changed their recruitment policy to meet Woods demands?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 23:52]

Ryan Woods on 23:54 - Aug 12 with 1470 viewsKerouac

Ryan Woods on 23:46 - Aug 12 by Swanseaman

Exactly

Forget goals and assists, Raynor's point was 'is he actually worth £6.5 million'

If we have decided to change our recruitment policy. If the board now won't buy any player over a certain amount, and they won't pay wages over a certain amount, should they have changed their recruitment policy to meet Woods demands?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 23:52]

I think that after assessing us in pre-season Potter (in the context of a fire sale going on here where we brought in around £45m in transfer fees and saved around £20m/year in wages) only asked for 1 experienced performer at Championship level.

Only 1 signing north of £5m.

1 signing in the area of the pitch we all know we are weakest in (having shipped Leon, Ki and Mesa)…

...and our board should have backed him and signed Ryan Woods for £6.5m.

I trust Potter and his scouts' assessments on a player (although, obviously, they won't all be right).
I don't trust stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Ryan Woods on 00:02 - Aug 13 with 1444 viewsSwanseaman

If it really was 'Potter and his scouts' assessments on a player' then it's a pity it didn't go through, as I also think he would have been chosen wisely.

Can you send me a link to show it really was GP and his scouts, because I don't know for sure, or if it's just 'hearsay'?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 0:07]

Ryan Woods on 00:14 - Aug 13 with 1404 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 00:02 - Aug 13 by Swanseaman

If it really was 'Potter and his scouts' assessments on a player' then it's a pity it didn't go through, as I also think he would have been chosen wisely.

Can you send me a link to show it really was GP and his scouts, because I don't know for sure, or if it's just 'hearsay'?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 0:07]

Jenkins never scouted him. That much is obvious

Ryan Woods on 00:22 - Aug 13 with 1378 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 00:14 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Jenkins never scouted him. That much is obvious

It is just 'hearsay' then.

How do we know for sure that Jenkins is still involved with helping to scout for players or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024