Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150047 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 00:24 - Aug 13 with 4144 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 00:22 - Aug 13 by Swanseaman

It is just 'hearsay' then.

How do we know for sure that Jenkins is still involved with helping to scout for players or not?

Because we would have been linked with Adomah, Ash Williams ,Pablo Hernandez and Chico..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 00:30 - Aug 13 with 4138 viewsKerouac

Ryan Woods on 00:02 - Aug 13 by Swanseaman

If it really was 'Potter and his scouts' assessments on a player' then it's a pity it didn't go through, as I also think he would have been chosen wisely.

Can you send me a link to show it really was GP and his scouts, because I don't know for sure, or if it's just 'hearsay'?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 0:07]

"It has been documented we want Ryan..."
- Potter's assistant, Billy Reid, on deadline day...at the press conference Potter skipped.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everything-swansea-ci

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-transfe

Wales Online seem to be absolutely sure that Woods was a player Potter had identified and wanted...they even kept the no.4 shirt for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Ryan Woods on 01:40 - Aug 13 with 4043 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 00:30 - Aug 13 by Kerouac

"It has been documented we want Ryan..."
- Potter's assistant, Billy Reid, on deadline day...at the press conference Potter skipped.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everything-swansea-ci

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-transfe

Wales Online seem to be absolutely sure that Woods was a player Potter had identified and wanted...they even kept the no.4 shirt for him.

Thanks for the links.

I had a check and Billy Reid said on the 9th: 'We want Ryan.'

On the 10th walesonline said: 'The player wanted to come to Swansea, the manager saw him as a key figure.'

On the 11th, GP said “I need to focus on the players who want to be here and play for Swansea. I understand the fans’ frustrations and that there is disappointment, but the club has spent money in the past and that’s not always the answer.
http://sport.bt.com/football/graham-potter-hails-resilient-swansea-as-jay-fulton

But I can't say for certain from reading the articles that it was only GP and his team who scouted Woods. Unless I can read a statement from GP or BR saying this for sure, saying that it is solely them who now find and decide on players, I don't know, same as no one here can know, if Jenkins or anyone else is involved.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 1:52]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 02:04 - Aug 13 with 4017 viewsKerouac

Ryan Woods on 01:40 - Aug 13 by Swanseaman

Thanks for the links.

I had a check and Billy Reid said on the 9th: 'We want Ryan.'

On the 10th walesonline said: 'The player wanted to come to Swansea, the manager saw him as a key figure.'

On the 11th, GP said “I need to focus on the players who want to be here and play for Swansea. I understand the fans’ frustrations and that there is disappointment, but the club has spent money in the past and that’s not always the answer.
http://sport.bt.com/football/graham-potter-hails-resilient-swansea-as-jay-fulton

But I can't say for certain from reading the articles that it was only GP and his team who scouted Woods. Unless I can read a statement from GP or BR saying this for sure, saying that it is solely them who now find and decide on players, I don't know, same as no one here can know, if Jenkins or anyone else is involved.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 1:52]

Well let's get what Billy Reid said right shall we;

"It has been documented we want Ryan but I cannot comment on a player who plays for Brentford.

Then he goes on to say;

"Players have left but we wanted players here who want to play for the club. We want a group that can pull together for the club and the plans."

They clearly wanted Ryan Woods.

Your inclusion of;

- Well what else is he supposed to say. He is just talking about the reality of the hand he has been dealt.

...and your conclusion;
I can't say for certain from reading the articles that it was only GP and his team who scouted Woods. Unless I can read a statement from GP or BR saying this for sure and that it is solely them who now find and decide on players, I don't know, same as no one knows if Jenkins or anyone else is involved.

- That's up to you mate. Myself? I'm clear that Potter, Reid and Macaulay find and assess their players.
Isn't that Macaulay's principle role?
Didn't Billy Reid run an academy?
Didn't Potter build his reputation on assembling teams of unfancied, overlooked, youngsters that had unlocked potential?
Or was that Daniel Kindberg?

I definitely know that Jenkins can't spot a player, he has now proved this (he used to get credit for the picks of Laudrup, Rodgers, Martinez, Jackett & Flynn and their staff...the last 3 years have shown him up though).
Just about every Swans fan can see a dramatic change in our recruitment policy since Potter and his staff have arrived...and Potter has made it clear that he doesn't think much of the abilities of Jenkins and co. at every opportunity.

I don't think he is asking Jenks to go and find him midfielders.
Do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Ryan Woods on 02:14 - Aug 13 with 4003 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 02:04 - Aug 13 by Kerouac

Well let's get what Billy Reid said right shall we;

"It has been documented we want Ryan but I cannot comment on a player who plays for Brentford.

Then he goes on to say;

"Players have left but we wanted players here who want to play for the club. We want a group that can pull together for the club and the plans."

They clearly wanted Ryan Woods.

Your inclusion of;

- Well what else is he supposed to say. He is just talking about the reality of the hand he has been dealt.

...and your conclusion;
I can't say for certain from reading the articles that it was only GP and his team who scouted Woods. Unless I can read a statement from GP or BR saying this for sure and that it is solely them who now find and decide on players, I don't know, same as no one knows if Jenkins or anyone else is involved.

- That's up to you mate. Myself? I'm clear that Potter, Reid and Macaulay find and assess their players.
Isn't that Macaulay's principle role?
Didn't Billy Reid run an academy?
Didn't Potter build his reputation on assembling teams of unfancied, overlooked, youngsters that had unlocked potential?
Or was that Daniel Kindberg?

I definitely know that Jenkins can't spot a player, he has now proved this (he used to get credit for the picks of Laudrup, Rodgers, Martinez, Jackett & Flynn and their staff...the last 3 years have shown him up though).
Just about every Swans fan can see a dramatic change in our recruitment policy since Potter and his staff have arrived...and Potter has made it clear that he doesn't think much of the abilities of Jenkins and co. at every opportunity.

I don't think he is asking Jenks to go and find him midfielders.
Do you?

You have convinced me Kerouac. Although there is nothing written in black and white, it really would be madness if the Americans are still allowing Jenkins to be anywhere near involved with recruiting new players

It is a pity that it seems to have come down to Woods wage demands. I just hope they can find some good players and that our season doesn't get messed up because of this.

They should have sorted the Woods situation a long time before the season started really.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 06:47 - Aug 13 with 3886 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How do we know for sure that Jenkins is still involved with helping to scout for players or not?

Celina wouldn't have been picked by Jenkins. Probably never heard of him unless he attended the u23's Man City fixture last season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 08:20 - Aug 13 with 3668 viewsangryjack

Ryan Woods on 06:47 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Celina wouldn't have been picked by Jenkins. Probably never heard of him unless he attended the u23's Man City fixture last season.

He would have wasted his time because Celina was playing Tor Ipswich last season
Ryan Woods on 10:30 - Aug 13 with 3430 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 08:20 - Aug 13 by angryjack

He would have wasted his time because Celina was playing Tor Ipswich last season

Lol oh yeah. But he would still have not been aware of him. This is a "Team Potter" signing.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 11:14 - Aug 13 with 3303 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 10:30 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Lol oh yeah. But he would still have not been aware of him. This is a "Team Potter" signing.

They all are now.

He deserves more backing than he’s had.
Ryan Woods on 18:08 - Aug 13 with 2867 viewsNeath_Jack

With Planet Swans, it's a simple formula regarding signings:

If the player turns out to be a good one, the Plant Swans gimps will say he was the manager at the time signing.

If the player turns out to be a bad one, the Planet Swans gimps will say he was a Huw Jenkins signing.

You will never change it, they knows best. Always.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ryan Woods on 18:31 - Aug 13 with 2746 viewsWhiterockin

Ryan Woods on 18:08 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

With Planet Swans, it's a simple formula regarding signings:

If the player turns out to be a good one, the Plant Swans gimps will say he was the manager at the time signing.

If the player turns out to be a bad one, the Planet Swans gimps will say he was a Huw Jenkins signing.

You will never change it, they knows best. Always.

Whose choice was Potter?
Ryan Woods on 18:33 - Aug 13 with 2714 viewsNeath_Jack

Ryan Woods on 18:31 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

Whose choice was Potter?

The Res, obviously

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ryan Woods (n/t) on 18:35 - Aug 13 with 2702 viewsWhiterockin

Ryan Woods on 18:33 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

The Res, obviously

[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 18:35]
Ryan Woods on 18:38 - Aug 13 with 2672 viewsthornabyswan

Whose choice was Potter?

If we get relegated it will be Jenkins.
Play offs or promotion it will be Pearlman.
Mid table finish will mean a poll and A very close vote.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ryan Woods on 19:11 - Aug 13 with 2502 viewsJonathans_coat

Whose choice was Potter?

Imo since the takeover:-

Bradley - yanks
Clement - Jenkins
Carvalhal - compromise??? (HJ says he wanted Rogers)
Potter - Jenkins

So far Potter seems a good fit. Very early days yet though. Lets see what we say in 2 season time.
Ryan Woods on 19:14 - Aug 13 with 2481 viewslonglostjack

Ryan Woods on 19:11 - Aug 13 by Jonathans_coat

Imo since the takeover:-

Bradley - yanks
Clement - Jenkins
Carvalhal - compromise??? (HJ says he wanted Rogers)
Potter - Jenkins

So far Potter seems a good fit. Very early days yet though. Lets see what we say in 2 season time.

You forgot

Laudrup out - Jenkins
Monk in - Jenkins

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ryan Woods on 19:18 - Aug 13 with 2442 viewsJonathans_coat

Ryan Woods on 19:14 - Aug 13 by longlostjack

You forgot

Laudrup out - Jenkins
Monk in - Jenkins

That was pre-takeover though (wasn’t it?). Obviously HJ and the old board made all the managerial decisions before that!
Ryan Woods on 06:49 - Aug 14 with 2033 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 19:18 - Aug 13 by Jonathans_coat

That was pre-takeover though (wasn’t it?). Obviously HJ and the old board made all the managerial decisions before that!

BBC reporting we are back in for Woods.
Also stating we want a CB and striker.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ryan Woods on 06:50 - Aug 14 with 2024 viewsTailGunner

BBC (Wathan) now saying we are still working on a loan deal for Woods.
Ryan Woods on 06:51 - Aug 14 with 2023 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ryan Woods on 06:49 - Aug 14 by thornabyswan

BBC reporting we are back in for Woods.
Also stating we want a CB and striker.

There’s going to be some serious backtracking if so
Ryan Woods on 06:55 - Aug 14 with 2008 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 06:51 - Aug 14 by AngelRangelQS

Yes sounds good to me hopefully will be able to shift a couple more out to free up the wages.
Routeledge Narsingh maybe.

Ryan Woods on 07:02 - Aug 14 with 1975 viewsElmo

Ryan Woods on 06:51 - Aug 14 by AngelRangelQS

This is great news

What do you mean by backtracking ?
Ryan Woods on 07:11 - Aug 14 with 1936 viewsHugeEnkins

Ryan Woods on 07:02 - Aug 14 by Elmo

This is great news

What do you mean by backtracking ?

If we get him on loan without forking out 7m quid, it would be great business and, I for one, would have to rethink my damming verdict on our fire sale.
Ryan Woods on 07:30 - Aug 14 with 1862 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 07:11 - Aug 14 by HugeEnkins

If we get him on loan without forking out 7m quid, it would be great business and, I for one, would have to rethink my damming verdict on our fire sale.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ryan-woods/profil/spieler/232897

Ryan Woods on 07:33 - Aug 14 with 1848 viewsSwanseaman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45174506

[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 7:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024