Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 148879 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 11:39 - Aug 14 with 3747 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 11:22 - Aug 14 by omarjack

FFS if we get a second chance to get him we shouldn't haggle over the fee. Get it the f*ck done.

How much do Brentford want for him anyway? 7 m?

£6.5m

In response to the other posts baulking at the price. It doesn't seem an unreasonable asking price for me? He's been consistently one of the better Championship midfielders over the last few years, why would they settle for less?

That being said though, if we can't afford that, move onto more realistic targets in our price range. I have confidence in Potter finding the right player.
Ryan Woods on 11:42 - Aug 14 with 3717 viewsBadlands

Still not getting it.
Accept rating webs are not the b all but the comments on ShoScored and ratings Squawka seem to tell the same story.

Of Brenford's regulars last season Woods has the lowest performance score

http://www2.squawka.com/players/ryan-woods/stats#performance-score#brentford-(cu

I'm not saying we shouldn't ignore him I just can't see a reason to.

Ryan Woods has a Squawka rating of 2 stars out of 5 with a Performance Score of 211. His best game of the season was against Leeds United where he earned a Performance Score of 47. His worst game this term was against Sheffield United where he accrued a score of -56.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 11:46]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ryan Woods on 11:42 - Aug 14 with 3715 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 11:29 - Aug 14 by Swan91

Disagree... this is what got us into this mess before.... just paying whatever...

7 million is actually quite alot of money for a team rebuilding in the championship...I would rather us take a bit longer for the right prices... than just doing poor business and just accepting anything the other club says. not good business..

It's said to be 'the player that GP really wants'. By leaving it until last minute, they have shown us there is no way they will drop the price.

If we want to make a loan deal to buy in Jan or end of season, and we are definitely going to make this deal. We should try and get it done quick, rather than waste time haggling, imo.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 11:45]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 11:45 - Aug 14 with 3674 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 11:39 - Aug 14 by 34dfgdf54

£6.5m

In response to the other posts baulking at the price. It doesn't seem an unreasonable asking price for me? He's been consistently one of the better Championship midfielders over the last few years, why would they settle for less?

That being said though, if we can't afford that, move onto more realistic targets in our price range. I have confidence in Potter finding the right player.

We're sitting on 40 m of cash after the fire sale we've had. 10 m could definitely be spared from that fund for Woods..a decent CB and a couple of small time loans.

Anyway..I repeat..I don't know much about Woods. But we're linked to him and negotiations are going. We have a chance..I'm afraid if we blow it, we won't be able to get a replacement on time. After all, by the time we've realised we're going to miss on Woods. Other potentials like Besic for example would already be gone to other clubs.

But if we manage to get a decent alternative I wouldn't be opposed to that. It's not personal for me with Woods..it's just worrying. As we've really botched up the 9th August deadline in the most shambolic way. I just don't care to witness the same disappointment again by September.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 11:47 - Aug 14 with 3655 viewsomarjack

And yes..imo it's now or never..If Brentford don't accept our terms (whatever they are) we should move on to other targets. Besic, Chirivella and whoever Potter thinks is suitable.

Just get it done..or abandon it before it's too late.

Ryan Woods on 12:30 - Aug 14 with 3478 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 11:45 - Aug 14 by omarjack

We're sitting on 40 m of cash after the fire sale we've had. 10 m could definitely be spared from that fund for Woods..a decent CB and a couple of small time loans.

Anyway..I repeat..I don't know much about Woods. But we're linked to him and negotiations are going. We have a chance..I'm afraid if we blow it, we won't be able to get a replacement on time. After all, by the time we've realised we're going to miss on Woods. Other potentials like Besic for example would already be gone to other clubs.

But if we manage to get a decent alternative I wouldn't be opposed to that. It's not personal for me with Woods..it's just worrying. As we've really botched up the 9th August deadline in the most shambolic way. I just don't care to witness the same disappointment again by September.

We're not sitting on £40m of cash.
Ryan Woods on 12:32 - Aug 14 with 3447 viewsBadlands

Ryan Woods on 11:39 - Aug 14 by 34dfgdf54

£6.5m

If we were in the PL I'd agree but we aren't and no other club has made a serious offer for a player who statistically performed less well than other Brentford midfielders last season.
He may be outstanding but he could be a Championship level Clucas.

Ryan Woods on 12:43 - Aug 14 with 3362 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 12:32 - Aug 14 by Badlands

If we were in the PL I'd agree but we aren't and no other club has made a serious offer for a player who statistically performed less well than other Brentford midfielders last season.
He may be outstanding but he could be a Championship level Clucas.

Completely agree.

I'm willing to back Potter with who he wants, but as I said, if it doesn't make sense financially then move onto the next, no good wasting time.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 13:17 - Aug 14 with 3193 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 11:30 - Aug 14 by omarjack

Nevermind Transfermarkt values..They mean very little eventually. Every club values their players differently.

VDH is valued at 2 m..he plays like a 10-12 m player imo.

You're saying Brentford are trying to take the most out of us. Surely, all clubs would do that. And Especially now that we're more desperate. But what of that exactly? Potter wants him and he believes he'd be a great fit for us. You can't put a price on that. Especially if he was one of the main reasons to get us promoted. 1-2 m extra would mean very little then.

No I not saying Brentford are taking advantage I have no idea to be honest only saw Brentford once last season against Fulham and I can't say I noticed this player.
All I am saying is if we don't value him at 7 million we should not pay it and move onto the next target.
If we think he is a 7 million pound player and can still afford a CB and striker than fair enough.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ryan Woods on 13:26 - Aug 14 with 3126 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 13:17 - Aug 14 by thornabyswan

No I not saying Brentford are taking advantage I have no idea to be honest only saw Brentford once last season against Fulham and I can't say I noticed this player.
All I am saying is if we don't value him at 7 million we should not pay it and move onto the next target.
If we think he is a 7 million pound player and can still afford a CB and striker than fair enough.

Agree.

But we shouldn't keep insisting on reducing the fee. If we don't think he's worth it then we should move on quick..Woods isn't a one of a kind or anything like that.

Ryan Woods on 13:35 - Aug 14 with 3080 viewsSW11Jack

Twitter hearsay, but rumour is that Brentford have upped the fee to £8m to match the Clucas sale. If they insist on moving the goalposts, hope we tell them to shove it and move on to other targets sooner rather than later. Woods seems a tidy player, but we should not be held to ransom here.
Ryan Woods on 13:42 - Aug 14 with 3023 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 13:35 - Aug 14 by SW11Jack

Twitter hearsay, but rumour is that Brentford have upped the fee to £8m to match the Clucas sale. If they insist on moving the goalposts, hope we tell them to shove it and move on to other targets sooner rather than later. Woods seems a tidy player, but we should not be held to ransom here.

We only got 6 million for Clucas though.
Which maybe the problem also only got 6 for Fernandez.
2 million for J.Ayew loan so 14m when we were hoping to get double that in total.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ryan Woods on 13:43 - Aug 14 with 3011 viewsSwanseaman

Getting it completed quickly must be the most important thing. If the situation is likely to drag out, I also think we should leave it and look elsewhere.

There must be some talent to be had in Sweden?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 13:45]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ryan Woods on 13:44 - Aug 14 with 2996 viewsSwansea93

We only sold Clucas for 6M wasn't it?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 13:46 - Aug 14 with 2966 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 13:43 - Aug 14 by Swanseaman

Getting it completed quickly must be the most important thing. If the situation is likely to drag out, I also think we should leave it and look elsewhere.

There must be some talent to be had in Sweden?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 13:45]

Yup. This is the longest transfer saga this Summer. If we don't agree with their value move on, if they keep changing the goal posts move on. Unless it's us changing the goal posts.
Ryan Woods on 13:47 - Aug 14 with 2958 viewsSW11Jack

Ryan Woods on 13:42 - Aug 14 by thornabyswan

We only got 6 million for Clucas though.
Which maybe the problem also only got 6 for Fernandez.
2 million for J.Ayew loan so 14m when we were hoping to get double that in total.

Alas, you're quite right. That'll be the wishful thinking clinging on... Seems others are sharing in my delusion.

Still, my point remains. If they want to up the price at this late stage, tell them to swivel. Quite happy for them to have a unsettled player on their books, as long as we manage to get someone else in.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 13:56]
Ryan Woods on 13:53 - Aug 14 with 2911 viewsSwanseaman

Ryan Woods on 13:44 - Aug 14 by Swansea93

We only sold Clucas for 6M wasn't it?

And Sam Clucas is a better player and valued at 16mi (how'd they let him go so cheap?)

Ryan Woods on 13:58 - Aug 14 with 2884 viewsthornabyswan

Ryan Woods on 13:53 - Aug 14 by Swanseaman

And Sam Clucas is a better player and valued at 16mi (how'd they let him go so cheap?)

Big wages
Potter didn't want him.
Clucas didn't want to play for us.
Big nose overpaid for him.

Ryan Woods on 14:07 - Aug 14 with 2818 viewshobo

Maybe we can get them to reduce the fee to 6m to match the Clucas sale?
Ryan Woods on 14:38 - Aug 14 with 2702 views34dfgdf54

£8m? Who was they speaking to on deadline day? E20?

Agree with your last sentence though, if they are messing about with the fee, move on and make sure we get the reinforcements we need instead of putting all our eggs in one basket.
Ryan Woods on 14:50 - Aug 14 with 2646 viewsBadlands

If they are edging towards £7 million that's not a huge step from a Championship price for Joe Allen
Nico Yennaris seems a better option from the same club.

Ryan Woods on 15:33 - Aug 14 with 2463 viewsyescomeon

Ryan Woods on 11:45 - Aug 14 by omarjack

We're not really sitting on £40m though. The vast majority of that will be future fees and performance related. It wouldn't surprise me at all that cash flow is still an issue. We've shifted about £30m p/a off the wage bill by my reckoning, maybe added about £1-2m with new signings. I can't see the wages being an issue, much more likely the fee.

Upthecity!

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:28 - Aug 14 with 2284 viewsValeJack

Reports that his newborn baby passed away last week. Horrific news but likely to have had an impact on any potential deal. Poor bloke.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 16:28]
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:32 - Aug 14 with 2268 viewsSwanseaman

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:28 - Aug 14 by ValeJack

Reports that his newborn baby passed away last week. Horrific news but likely to have had an impact on any potential deal. Poor bloke.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 16:28]

Last year

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:34 - Aug 14 with 2252 viewsValeJack

And there was me about to defend the board...
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 16:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024