Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150565 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 22:33 - Aug 15 with 3570 viewsLoyal

Ryan Woods on 11:27 - Aug 15 by switchingcode

Phil Giles reports directly to our owner Matthew Benham and is his mouthpiece when it comes to transfer matters as finding quotes from our owner are very very rare who keeps out of the media.We don’t have to sell the player and he wasn’t listed for sale Swansea approached us and were told the fee they then just danced around it for weeks then stuff was put out that we had upped the price when in fact we dropped be it a small bit.We have been very active in the transfer business over the past 4 years where we have brought in nearly 50 mill on sold players something we have to do to survive as one of the smallest clubs in the championship and don’t think you will find any negative voices from clubs we have dealt with.I think if Villa West Brom Derby or Stoke had come in for him he would be sulking now as it’s well documented he lives and his family are in the area.with the imminent birth due next month I think his mind will be more on other things than football.Lets hope your club can get some of their targets over the line over the coming weeks and support your manager.

Huw jenkins has a history of cntivity, your post rings with so many truths.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ryan Woods on 00:29 - Aug 16 with 3373 viewssideline

Ryan Woods on 11:27 - Aug 15 by switchingcode

Phil Giles reports directly to our owner Matthew Benham and is his mouthpiece when it comes to transfer matters as finding quotes from our owner are very very rare who keeps out of the media.We don’t have to sell the player and he wasn’t listed for sale Swansea approached us and were told the fee they then just danced around it for weeks then stuff was put out that we had upped the price when in fact we dropped be it a small bit.We have been very active in the transfer business over the past 4 years where we have brought in nearly 50 mill on sold players something we have to do to survive as one of the smallest clubs in the championship and don’t think you will find any negative voices from clubs we have dealt with.I think if Villa West Brom Derby or Stoke had come in for him he would be sulking now as it’s well documented he lives and his family are in the area.with the imminent birth due next month I think his mind will be more on other things than football.Lets hope your club can get some of their targets over the line over the coming weeks and support your manager.

in other words we are a bunch of cowboys thinking we are the bollocks, i totally agree,
Ryan Woods on 10:16 - Aug 16 with 3069 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 00:29 - Aug 16 by sideline

in other words we are a bunch of cowboys thinking we are the bollocks, i totally agree,

I would say your fans deserve better after relegation from PL which can sometimes be a blessing if you regroup and then go back up as the championship is a great league.I still can’t see how you have managed to get so many players off your books and along with parachute and transfer monies and unable to bring in a few new players like Woods you must have some serious financial problems or someone’s about to do a runner.
Ryan Woods on 10:29 - Aug 16 with 3022 viewsMoscowJack

Ryan Woods on 10:16 - Aug 16 by switchingcode

I would say your fans deserve better after relegation from PL which can sometimes be a blessing if you regroup and then go back up as the championship is a great league.I still can’t see how you have managed to get so many players off your books and along with parachute and transfer monies and unable to bring in a few new players like Woods you must have some serious financial problems or someone’s about to do a runner.

What we 'inherited' from last season was a wage bill close to £100m that might have gone down to £70m or even £80m with relegation clauses (believed to be around 30% but not all players have them....apparently).

When we're getting in roughly £40m-£45m of TV money this season, there's a huge shortfall and let's not forget that we've added four salaries too, even if they're lower than those they replaced.

On top of that, I believe we have a large overdraft from the bank but I would imagine there's huge pressure from the bank to lower that significantly.

We were always struggling for cashflow while we were in the PL and it's obviously going to be a lot harder now we're in the Championship. That's one of my main issues with the Yanks as they indicated that they had the financial resources to reduces those issues and give us more financial breathing space. They haven't.

The club is obviously trying to get to break-even and haven't been helped by not getting transfer fees for the Ayews, Bony's injury, Clucas' injury reducing his fee, no auction for Mawson and much more similar. I would imagine that they're £20m down on their original estimates of income generated by sales and that has to be clawed back somewhere else (like salaries).

I'm not against this actually. I don't want us to rack up a £60m or £70m debt and be stuck in the middle of the table wondering 'where did it all go wrong', even if we all know where it all went wrong! I'd prefer to have really wealthy owners who can write off debts but balancing the books is the next best thing in my eyes.

Sadly, it's been done in a shambolic way and with no thought for the management team or the fans. Leaving us so devoid of squad depth is insulting, but at least they knew that they had a loan window to operate in once the transfer window closed.

If we do get in a few good players to add to the first team (not just the squad), I'll be happy. If we don't, we should all be furious!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 10:32]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Ryan Woods on 10:45 - Aug 16 with 2965 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 10:29 - Aug 16 by MoscowJack

What we 'inherited' from last season was a wage bill close to £100m that might have gone down to £70m or even £80m with relegation clauses (believed to be around 30% but not all players have them....apparently).

When we're getting in roughly £40m-£45m of TV money this season, there's a huge shortfall and let's not forget that we've added four salaries too, even if they're lower than those they replaced.

On top of that, I believe we have a large overdraft from the bank but I would imagine there's huge pressure from the bank to lower that significantly.

We were always struggling for cashflow while we were in the PL and it's obviously going to be a lot harder now we're in the Championship. That's one of my main issues with the Yanks as they indicated that they had the financial resources to reduces those issues and give us more financial breathing space. They haven't.

The club is obviously trying to get to break-even and haven't been helped by not getting transfer fees for the Ayews, Bony's injury, Clucas' injury reducing his fee, no auction for Mawson and much more similar. I would imagine that they're £20m down on their original estimates of income generated by sales and that has to be clawed back somewhere else (like salaries).

I'm not against this actually. I don't want us to rack up a £60m or £70m debt and be stuck in the middle of the table wondering 'where did it all go wrong', even if we all know where it all went wrong! I'd prefer to have really wealthy owners who can write off debts but balancing the books is the next best thing in my eyes.

Sadly, it's been done in a shambolic way and with no thought for the management team or the fans. Leaving us so devoid of squad depth is insulting, but at least they knew that they had a loan window to operate in once the transfer window closed.

If we do get in a few good players to add to the first team (not just the squad), I'll be happy. If we don't, we should all be furious!

Good post. Most fans recognise need to cut costs and avoid major debt. It’s the incompetent way it’s been done and that the people who racked up the costs and mismanaged recruitment are still making the decisions.
Ryan Woods on 11:14 - Aug 16 with 2860 viewsLoyal

Ryan Woods on 10:45 - Aug 16 by awayjack

Good post. Most fans recognise need to cut costs and avoid major debt. It’s the incompetent way it’s been done and that the people who racked up the costs and mismanaged recruitment are still making the decisions.

And taking the same money.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ryan Woods on 11:22 - Aug 16 with 2821 views34dfgdf54

<<If we do get in a few good players to add to the first team (not just the squad), I'll be happy. If we don't, we should all be furious! >>

That can't really happen if we are struggling as much as you say financially (I think you're right aswell, may I add) though can it? So we can't really complain?
Ryan Woods on 11:33 - Aug 16 with 2799 viewsMoscowJack

Ryan Woods on 11:22 - Aug 16 by 34dfgdf54

<<If we do get in a few good players to add to the first team (not just the squad), I'll be happy. If we don't, we should all be furious! >>

That can't really happen if we are struggling as much as you say financially (I think you're right aswell, may I add) though can it? So we can't really complain?

We can complain as the Yanks will have proved to us that they're full of lies when they claimed to have the financial resources. Relegation was the real acid test and so far they've failed.

Personally, I expect to see players like Naughton, Narsingh and Routledge go out before new faces come in and I'll be ok with that, as long as the new players are good enough and fit the model of hungry and ambitious players that we seem to be returning to.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 11:35 - Aug 16 with 2794 viewsswitchingcode

That’s pretty horrendous,Trouble is most fans of clubs of clubs outside the PL don’t understand the associated costs of players there.I for one thought you would be selling your high earners and along with Tv money reinvest in some fresh faces and be one of the favourites to go up.I hope you give your manager time he has started well but it’s never plain sailing in this league.We went 9 games without a win at the start of last season although we were playing well there was know pressure on our manager and we ended up getting into contention for the play offs.Went to Stoke last week and they were very poor with too many ex PL players in their side who think this league is below them at least you have managed to ship out a lot of these players and have some youngsters who will get better and will play for the shirt.
Ryan Woods on 12:17 - Aug 16 with 2697 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 11:14 - Aug 16 by Loyal

And taking the same money.

That’s the icing on the cake. Big PR soundbites we have no money for squad but Board they’ll keep their hugely inflated salaries and no doubt their hangers-on for doing a useless job.
Ryan Woods on 12:22 - Aug 16 with 2683 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 11:33 - Aug 16 by MoscowJack

We can complain as the Yanks will have proved to us that they're full of lies when they claimed to have the financial resources. Relegation was the real acid test and so far they've failed.

Personally, I expect to see players like Naughton, Narsingh and Routledge go out before new faces come in and I'll be ok with that, as long as the new players are good enough and fit the model of hungry and ambitious players that we seem to be returning to.

Did they ever claim to have the financial resources though?

I thought it was just Huw when he was justifying the sale, that they could increase overdraft etc.
Ryan Woods on 12:30 - Aug 16 with 2637 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 10:16 - Aug 16 by switchingcode

That's because you haven't got the faintest clue about the Premier league, our Club, or even your own listening to your bollocks from ITK people 😂

Another idiot playing to the crowd.

Facking ten pence Tony.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 13:07 - Aug 16 with 2523 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 12:30 - Aug 16 by TheResurrection

That's because you haven't got the faintest clue about the Premier league, our Club, or even your own listening to your bollocks from ITK people 😂

Facking ten pence Tony.

Thanks for that very enlightening 👍
Ryan Woods on 13:21 - Aug 16 with 2480 viewsSirjohnalot

Facking ten pence Tony.

That's not fair. This chap has come onto the site, been very polite and is just offering his opinion. There's no need to be so rude to him.
Ryan Woods on 13:37 - Aug 16 with 2415 viewsMattG

Ryan Woods on 12:22 - Aug 16 by 34dfgdf54

Did they ever claim to have the financial resources though?

I thought it was just Huw when he was justifying the sale, that they could increase overdraft etc.

Ryan Woods on 13:40 - Aug 16 with 2397 viewsomarjack

"We have the financial resources to do so..

..But we choose not to."

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 13:41 - Aug 16 with 2390 viewsTaliesin

Ryan Woods on 13:21 - Aug 16 by Sirjohnalot

That's not fair. This chap has come onto the site, been very polite and is just offering his opinion. There's no need to be so rude to him.

You expect different from him?
Ryan Woods on 13:42 - Aug 16 with 2389 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Facking ten pence Tony.

WTF is wrong with you?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Ryan Woods on 13:44 - Aug 16 with 2378 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 13:37 - Aug 16 by MattG

Fair enough.

I'll bow out here.
Ryan Woods on 17:26 - Aug 16 with 2127 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 13:21 - Aug 16 by Sirjohnalot

Water off mate,I have travelled many times with your fans to and from the West Country over the years on the the train to Paddington gave one of themmy Bees badge on his way to Palace last season.So I know what your real fans are all about.
Ryan Woods on 18:01 - Aug 16 with 2039 viewsSirjohnalot

Ryan Woods on 17:26 - Aug 16 by switchingcode

Water off mate,I have travelled many times with your fans to and from the West Country over the years on the the train to Paddington gave one of themmy Bees badge on his way to Palace last season.So I know what your real fans are all about.

That's good to hear. I just thought it was a very odd response to your decent posts.
Ryan Woods on 18:41 - Aug 16 with 1941 viewsWarwickHunt

Are you familiar with a certain Mr. Graham Larkbey?
Ryan Woods on 18:50 - Aug 16 with 1910 viewsirishswan546

Fair play to you as what said was totally uncalled for.
Ryan Woods on 18:55 - Aug 16 with 1889 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

27 pages on a Brentford player

Would have thought that 5 years ago 😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ryan Woods on 19:13 - Aug 16 with 1828 viewsdonkonky

Ryan Woods on 18:41 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

Are you familiar with a certain Mr. Graham Larkbey?

The folk singer geezer? He used to play quite regularly at the old Dublin Arms in Hafod.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024