Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 148572 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 22:19 - Jul 31 with 5488 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 21:34 - Jul 31 by Swansea93

Source?

Not local,old news
Ryan Woods on 12:36 - Aug 1 with 4839 viewsHeadmaster

Close for £6 million according to Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-arsenal-manc
Ryan Woods on 12:46 - Aug 1 with 4722 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 12:36 - Aug 1 by Headmaster

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-arsenal-manc

Well sh!t if true..in a good way of course.

In a matter of a week this window turned from sh!t to a certain level of decency..for championship level at least.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 12:50 - Aug 1 with 4660 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 12:46 - Aug 1 by omarjack

Well sh!t if true..in a good way of course.

In a matter of a week this window turned from sh!t to a certain level of decency..for championship level at least.

I’d be chuffed to bits with this ( even if he does fit the stereotypical profile of a Scott!). He’s exactly what we need.
Ryan Woods on 12:54 - Aug 1 with 4622 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 12:50 - Aug 1 by LeonWasGod

I’d be chuffed to bits with this ( even if he does fit the stereotypical profile of a Scott!). He’s exactly what we need.

Although he's English..but fits the frecklish, ginger profile nonetheless!

A window of..

-Celina
-Asoro
-Woods
-Nmecha
-McKay
-Riedewald or McKenna

and dare I say a good upgrade over the RB spot to replace Naughton or am I getting ahead of myself?

Keeping some of our decent established players like VDH, Amat, Olsson, Fer, Clucas and McBurnie..

And it'd be a great window.

Ryan Woods on 12:57 - Aug 1 with 4602 viewsRuDeMan1970

Ryan Woods on 12:36 - Aug 1 by Headmaster

'The Mirror'. Hmmm...

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Ryan Woods on 12:58 - Aug 1 with 4591 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 12:57 - Aug 1 by RuDeMan1970

'The Mirror'. Hmmm...

Reliable enough transfer source imo.

Ryan Woods on 13:01 - Aug 1 with 4552 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ryan Woods on 12:54 - Aug 1 by omarjack

Although he's English..but fits the frecklish, ginger profile nonetheless!

A window of..

-Celina
-Asoro
-Woods
-Nmecha
-McKay
-Riedewald or McKenna

and dare I say a good upgrade over the RB spot to replace Naughton or am I getting ahead of myself?

Keeping some of our decent established players like VDH, Amat, Olsson, Fer, Clucas and McBurnie..

And it'd be a great window.

Naughton will do just fine in he championship

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 13:01 - Aug 1 with 4549 viewsTom1912

Ryan Woods on 12:57 - Aug 1 by RuDeMan1970

'The Mirror'. Hmmm...

Alan Nixon works for the Mirror and he has been pretty accurate with us this summer on Twitter
Ryan Woods on 13:04 - Aug 1 with 4526 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 13:01 - Aug 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Defensively, Naughton and Roberts should do just fine if not good.

But neither of them are good on the offence..Which is something I expect Potter to want in his squad as he's a fan of playing with wingbacks.

Meanwhile..Olsson on the left side would do just fine in the championship.

Ryan Woods on 13:04 - Aug 1 with 4522 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 13:01 - Aug 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Not if we play with 3 centre halves, or expect our full backs to cross the half way line

Yeah, he should be a solid, dependable option if not especially exciting. I half expect him to leave as he’s not a bad defender (despite failing to cut out crosses/turning his back, but a lot of fullbacks are like that these days).
Ryan Woods on 13:05 - Aug 1 with 4507 viewsRuDeMan1970

Ryan Woods on 13:01 - Aug 1 by Tom1912

Alan Nixon works for the Mirror and he has been pretty accurate with us this summer on Twitter

Fingers crossed then

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Ryan Woods on 13:11 - Aug 1 with 4447 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ryan Woods on 13:04 - Aug 1 by LeonWasGod

Not if we play with 3 centre halves, or expect our full backs to cross the half way line

Yeah, he should be a solid, dependable option if not especially exciting. I half expect him to leave as he’s not a bad defender (despite failing to cut out crosses/turning his back, but a lot of fullbacks are like that these days).

We are buying all these flying wingers

He’ll need to stay defensively this season

In fact our entire back 4 will be under the cosh constantly if we don’t get some defensive midfielders in

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ryan Woods on 13:26 - Aug 1 with 4333 viewsMoscowJack

What I like about these signings is they all have something to prove and won't think they're the dogs nuts.

If we did, somehow, get promoted back to the PL, I could see us have the same 'underdog' mentality with these players as we did when we originally went up.

I'm getting far more encouraged but I'm still trying to manage my own expectations.....

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Ryan Woods on 13:56 - Aug 1 with 4119 viewsHip

Ryan Woods on 13:04 - Aug 1 by omarjack

Defensively, Naughton and Roberts should do just fine if not good.

But neither of them are good on the offence..Which is something I expect Potter to want in his squad as he's a fan of playing with wingbacks.

Meanwhile..Olsson on the left side would do just fine in the championship.

I highly doubt Naughton is going anywhere when we still only have one LB. The fact that they didn't even take Jordi Govea on the pre-season tour speaks volumes about him being ready to step into the first team. It actually wouldn't surprise me to see him get a contract extension.
Ryan Woods on 14:06 - Aug 1 with 4048 viewsforkbeard

Ryan Woods on 13:56 - Aug 1 by Hip

I highly doubt Naughton is going anywhere when we still only have one LB. The fact that they didn't even take Jordi Govea on the pre-season tour speaks volumes about him being ready to step into the first team. It actually wouldn't surprise me to see him get a contract extension.

Jordi was injured.
Ryan Woods on 14:07 - Aug 1 with 4030 viewsJango

Ryan Woods on 13:56 - Aug 1 by Hip

Let’s give every player a chance under a new coach and new system/style. Naughton may flourish under potter. If Routledge, Grimes Dyer etc can get in the team and make a difference under Potter then so be it. Our best managers over the last few years have got average players playing a big role in how we played. Mark gower, Gary Monk, Tate, Taylor, Dobbie. None of those were top quality players when you look at them individually but they all played a huge part in getting promoted. I’d say Naughton is more talented than all of those.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 14:12]
Ryan Woods on 14:59 - Aug 1 with 3761 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 14:07 - Aug 1 by Jango

Let’s give every player a chance under a new coach and new system/style. Naughton may flourish under potter. If Routledge, Grimes Dyer etc can get in the team and make a difference under Potter then so be it. Our best managers over the last few years have got average players playing a big role in how we played. Mark gower, Gary Monk, Tate, Taylor, Dobbie. None of those were top quality players when you look at them individually but they all played a huge part in getting promoted. I’d say Naughton is more talented than all of those.

Bang on again.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 15:38 - Aug 1 with 3585 viewsswitchingcode

Heard very near to deal done as other club in for him,his preferred location have pulled out.Great business by Brentford yet again
Ryan Woods on 15:40 - Aug 1 with 3559 viewsbluey_the_blue

Warnock was at Watford-Brentford friendly the other night.

Hoping we'll get him, think he's an outstanding player.

Cairney rightly got plaudits last season, for me Woods is every bit as good.
Ryan Woods on 15:42 - Aug 1 with 3533 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 15:38 - Aug 1 by switchingcode

Heard very near to deal done as other club in for him,his preferred location have pulled out.Great business by Brentford yet again

A-Deal is very near. OK that's clear enough.

B-His preferred location pulled out..what?

C-Great business by Brentford? For selling him to us?

What the f*ck did you just say?

Ryan Woods on 15:43 - Aug 1 with 3518 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 15:40 - Aug 1 by bluey_the_blue

Warnock was at Watford-Brentford friendly the other night.

Hoping we'll get him, think he's an outstanding player.

Cairney rightly got plaudits last season, for me Woods is every bit as good.

Cairney and Woods play in different positions but facts are overrated right?

Ryan Woods on 16:02 - Aug 1 with 3369 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 15:43 - Aug 1 by omarjack

Cairney and Woods play in different positions but facts are overrated right?

Ouldnt think of two dissimilar players one is 6 ft and scores goals and worth over 20 mill.
Ryan Woods on 16:24 - Aug 1 with 3207 views34dfgdf54

One of my pals who supports the Scummers reckons he was outstanding in the game he saw him last year (Brentford @ CCS), hoping we can get this over the line.
Ryan Woods on 16:54 - Aug 1 with 2978 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 14:07 - Aug 1 by Jango

Absolutely. It's all about the team and togetherness, a lack of which got us relegated in the first place with certain players thinking they had to take on the world on their own. There's a role for everyone if they can fit in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024