Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150430 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 13:40 - Aug 2 with 4290 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 13:38 - Aug 2 by Loyal

One season wonders ...
FCKING fantasists on and off the pitch.

Lol at the responses, jeez you lot are touchy. What’s it going to be like when you go down again ffs?😂

Benny

Ryan Woods on 14:40 - Aug 2 with 4022 viewsswitchingcode

If you think he’s that good just pay the money asked before he goes elsewhere
Ryan Woods on 14:49 - Aug 2 with 3940 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ryan Woods on 13:10 - Aug 2 by UplandsJack

If this lad has even average agents working for him, he'll go know where near the scum. (Apart from driving past to sign for us that is)
They would be a disaster for his career, of that I have no doubt. The hoofball that your lot play would kill him.
Personally, I can't stand Warnock as a coach and would never ever want him near our club, but you do have to hand it to him, he does seem to have obvious ability to get a team out of the championship.
That said he will be gone by Xmas and so will you lot, (hopefully) because As we all know, he is useless in the premier league.

The arrogance some of our fans have is incredible to witness. Their games were likely far more exciting than ours last season and I'm sure their midfield saw more of the ball than ours. All I remember us doing is hoofing it long for someone to try and knock down.

And saying Warnock would be a disaster for his career is a stretch. Warnock has enhanced the careers of every member of that very average Cardiff team who will now have the chance to show off their ability to hundreds of millions of people across the world each week.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 17:04]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ryan Woods on 15:11 - Aug 2 with 3776 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 14:49 - Aug 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The arrogance some of our fans have is incredible to witness. Their games were likely far more exciting than ours last season and I'm sure their midfield saw more of the ball than ours. All I remember us doing is hoofing it long for someone to try and knock down.

And saying Warnock would be a disaster for his career is a stretch. Warnock has enhanced the careers of every member of that very average Cardiff team who will now have the chance to show off their ability to hundreds of millions of people across the world each week.

You can enhance average, make players give that extra ten per cent but the squad they are entering the season with is short on PL quality.

They may raise their game but it probably won't be anywhere near enough.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 15:37 - Aug 2 with 3613 viewsjack247

Ryan Woods on 15:11 - Aug 2 by Brynmill_Jack

You can enhance average, make players give that extra ten per cent but the squad they are entering the season with is short on PL quality.

They may raise their game but it probably won't be anywhere near enough.

In fairness to Warnock, they raised it possibly to its limit to do so well in the Championship. I don’t think they are far from their ceiling. Unless the new boys they brought in make a significant difference.
Ryan Woods on 16:13 - Aug 2 with 3390 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans are arrogant in the extreme and full of shit in the main but what you've written there is a pile of bollocks,

I watched them a few times last season and there's no sugar coating the way they play or the absolute fact they bypass midfield.

They got up through huff, puff, a whole load of bluster and the sheer fact this division lacks quality in every department.

You can actually get promoted with all of the above in this league. You cannot compare what goes on in the EPL to the shit that's served up in the Championship so forget it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 16:19 - Aug 2 with 3328 viewsploppy

Exciting? The games I saw were tedious as feck. The ball spent more time in the air than on the ground. Saves having a decent quality pitch, I suppose. And no, their midfield just watched the ball going over their heads.
Ryan Woods on 16:35 - Aug 2 with 3237 viewsUplandsJack

I do not see a single ounce of arrogance in what I have written.

Did you actually watch the Scum play last year? They were basically a very physical hoofball team. Fact not arrogance!
It is a style totally associated with Warnock's football philosophy. Fact not arrogance!
I respectfully added that Warnock is a master of getting teams promoted. But I also stated at Premier League level he is pretty much useless. Fact not arrogance!
Actually I recall him saying himself on talkshite in the past, the championship is his level. Where he enjoys plying his trade most. Fact not arrogance!
Honestly, I half expected him to resign this Summer after getting them up. But I suppose the lure of one more go at the big time and the pay-off for getting sacked was too much.

As for Woods joining us, if it had been under Monk, Clement etc, I would never have written it. But under Potter I believe if given the support and time we will return to the style of football a player like this lad would excel and develope under. Maybe not a fact, but certainty not arrogance either. Finally, we will only find out if he comes and time will tell!
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 16:42 - Aug 2 with 3173 viewsawayjack

They played aggressive hoofball. Did the job for them but hardly an exciting brand of football.
Ryan Woods on 17:00 - Aug 2 with 3045 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 15:37 - Aug 2 by jack247

In fairness to Warnock, they raised it possibly to its limit to do so well in the Championship. I don’t think they are far from their ceiling. Unless the new boys they brought in make a significant difference.

Exactly what Martinez did with players he picked up in league 1. Whatever happens, we have just cashed in again, which we needed after three years of para payments. Also, should we go back down we already have 40 million quid of better players to help us go again. Like I’ve said many times the money league really doesn’t bother me, up down so what? That’s life less we start giving out 120k a week contracts as we all know with bony, that’s doesn’t always equate to stay8ng up.

Benny

Ryan Woods on 17:05 - Aug 2 with 2988 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 16:13 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

Our fans are arrogant in the extreme and full of shit in the main but what you've written there is a pile of bollocks,

I watched them a few times last season and there's no sugar coating the way they play or the absolute fact they bypass midfield.

They got up through huff, puff, a whole load of bluster and the sheer fact this division lacks quality in every department.

You can actually get promoted with all of the above in this league. You cannot compare what goes on in the EPL to the shit that's served up in the Championship so forget it.

What’s this bull that we always by pass midfield? That’s simply not true. Maybe more often than not but they can play the ball through if need.

Benny

Ryan Woods on 17:08 - Aug 2 with 2956 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 16:35 - Aug 2 by UplandsJack

I do not see a single ounce of arrogance in what I have written.

Did you actually watch the Scum play last year? They were basically a very physical hoofball team. Fact not arrogance!
It is a style totally associated with Warnock's football philosophy. Fact not arrogance!
I respectfully added that Warnock is a master of getting teams promoted. But I also stated at Premier League level he is pretty much useless. Fact not arrogance!
Actually I recall him saying himself on talkshite in the past, the championship is his level. Where he enjoys plying his trade most. Fact not arrogance!
Honestly, I half expected him to resign this Summer after getting them up. But I suppose the lure of one more go at the big time and the pay-off for getting sacked was too much.

As for Woods joining us, if it had been under Monk, Clement etc, I would never have written it. But under Potter I believe if given the support and time we will return to the style of football a player like this lad would excel and develope under. Maybe not a fact, but certainty not arrogance either. Finally, we will only find out if he comes and time will tell!

Yawn off.....saw some of your games last season with your 30% possession, all you did was hoof it down the channels in the end, tedious as f. Are you blind? I know, just pretend last season didn’t happen eh?

Benny

Ryan Woods on 17:08 - Aug 2 with 2945 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ryan Woods on 17:05 - Aug 2 by byron

What’s this bull that we always by pass midfield? That’s simply not true. Maybe more often than not but they can play the ball through if need.

That third goal was wonderful. You must be very proud of your football team, Byron.

Ryan Woods on 17:10 - Aug 2 with 2919 viewsAngelRangelQS

I wonder if there’ll ever be a thread on PS not ruined or taken off track by the usual pricks?
Ryan Woods on 17:13 - Aug 2 with 2897 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 17:05 - Aug 2 by byron

Are you really passing off that game as an example of your shit style of football? But even in the clip does it not show once you passing from the back through midfield to ube top.

It shows you robbing a shit Leeds side high up the pitch and scoring and one of them was against ten men.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 2884 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 17:08 - Aug 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That third goal was wonderful. You must be very proud of your football team, Byron.

I’m not that connected to the club these days, we scored quite a lot of free flowing goals last season. I recall Warnock qpr side a few years ago playing good stuff, it’s a myth his team don’t. They press and move the ball quick, it’s still a miracle we went up considering our budget was also 14th in the league last season.

Benny

Ryan Woods on 17:16 - Aug 2 with 2860 viewslondonlisa2001

Ryan Woods on 17:08 - Aug 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ryan Woods on 17:17 - Aug 2 with 2843 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 16:13 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

The championship is good ffs. I’m looking forward to seeing it this season, going to be a belter I reckon. Are Burnley and Everton that great? Half the premier league last season was bang average, if you think anything else you are deluded.

Benny

Ryan Woods on 17:20 - Aug 2 with 2801 viewshobo

Can we get back to Ryan Woods please? Would be a decent singing, and still youngish so lots of potential to further improve
Ryan Woods on 17:32 - Aug 2 with 2702 viewsUplandsJack

Ryan Woods on 17:08 - Aug 2 by byron

Yawn off.....saw some of your games last season with your 30% possession, all you did was hoof it down the channels in the end, tedious as f. Are you blind? I know, just pretend last season didn’t happen eh?

Did you actually read my post? If you had Byron, you’d have registered my acknowledgment of our recent past in my last paragraph. You only need to see where we find ourselves now to realise that. The premier league as a whole was poor last season yet we still got relegated.
Anyway you continue to Delude yourself mate, if you believe the Scum play attractive football. After all they do say, one man’s meat is another man’s mutton.
Ryan Woods on 17:35 - Aug 2 with 2671 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 17:13 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

Are you really passing off that game as an example of your shit style of football? But even in the clip does it not show once you passing from the back through midfield to ube top.

It shows you robbing a shit Leeds side high up the pitch and scoring and one of them was against ten men.

Nope, just that you don’t need to hoof it to score, Leeds were above us when we demolished them too. Still, hoof hoof hoof....bit like your team of clogging bottlers last season eh? I don’t even know how you have the balls to post on here Res after your guff you spouted all last season. Bend over

Benny

Ryan Woods on 17:39 - Aug 2 with 2630 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ryan Woods on 17:14 - Aug 2 by byron

I’m not that connected to the club these days, we scored quite a lot of free flowing goals last season. I recall Warnock qpr side a few years ago playing good stuff, it’s a myth his team don’t. They press and move the ball quick, it’s still a miracle we went up considering our budget was also 14th in the league last season.

Cardiff showed that a good manager, a hard working team and excellent support can be enough to take you up irrespective of your budget. It reminds me of another team from South Wales back at the start of the decade.

Ryan Woods on 17:42 - Aug 2 with 2608 viewsMartyrman57

See Fathdyss is on top form today 😂
Ryan Woods on 18:17 - Aug 2 with 2431 viewsbyron

Ryan Woods on 17:32 - Aug 2 by UplandsJack

Did you actually read my post? If you had Byron, you’d have registered my acknowledgment of our recent past in my last paragraph. You only need to see where we find ourselves now to realise that. The premier league as a whole was poor last season yet we still got relegated.
Anyway you continue to Delude yourself mate, if you believe the Scum play attractive football. After all they do say, one man’s meat is another man’s mutton.

No we don’t, but it’s effective and far more interesting to watch than you lot have been last 3 years. We don’t always hoof it though, but more than happy for teams to expect that, maybe that’s what did them in last season, I mean surely it’s easy to defend a hoof eh? Looking forward to seeing how you get on 2b fair

Benny

Ryan Woods on 18:30 - Aug 2 with 2323 viewsRuDeMan1970

Ryan Woods on 17:20 - Aug 2 by hobo

Can we get back to Ryan Woods please? Would be a decent singing, and still youngish so lots of potential to further improve

THIS!!!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024