Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 148578 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 20:27 - Aug 4 with 7098 viewsWarwickHunt

Ryan Woods on 19:46 - Aug 4 by awayjack

If Woods watched he must fancy that. Solid defence behind, pace all over our wide. Fxck Leeds and their hoofball.

True. They won’t play hoofball under Bielsa though. If he stays mind you...
Ryan Woods on 20:29 - Aug 4 with 7069 viewsSwansea93

Brentfords manager confirmed there has been a bid for Woods but it hasn't met the valuation and didn't think it was fair including him in the squad for today.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 21:24 - Aug 4 with 6837 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 20:27 - Aug 4 by WarwickHunt

True. They won’t play hoofball under Bielsa though. If he stays mind you...

It'll be interesting to see if their players can play Bieka style. If not he'll throw his toys out before Xmas.
Ryan Woods on 21:27 - Aug 4 with 6783 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 20:27 - Aug 4 by Pacemaker

According to the Bees manager Wood's wife is due to give birth any day and that's why he was not the squad. He was a bit stressed apparently.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 21:42 - Aug 4 with 6695 viewsFireboy2

Ryan Woods on 21:27 - Aug 4 by TheResurrection

Coming from the experienced father

Ryan Woods on 22:06 - Aug 4 with 6592 viewsbangorjack

Ryan Woods on 21:27 - Aug 4 by TheResurrection

That is on the background of them losing a baby last year...
Ryan Woods on 22:19 - Aug 4 with 6526 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford really missed Woods today.Cant believe he’s going to Leeds now
Ryan Woods on 23:40 - Aug 4 with 6357 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 22:19 - Aug 4 by switchingcode

Brentford really missed Woods today.Cant believe he’s going to Leeds now

Perhaps with what happened when they were expecting last year that's the reason for him not wanting to focus on anything else. Leeds? No mention of it anywhere?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 12:21 - Aug 5 with 5840 viewsLoyal

Ryan Woods on 20:27 - Aug 4 by Pacemaker

According to the Bees manager Wood's wife is due to give birth any day and that's why he was not the squad. He was a bit stressed apparently.

Truth is he was lookimg for black hair dye in Boots.
Fcking sold out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ryan Woods on 15:23 - Aug 5 with 5460 viewscostalotta

Some poster on the scfc site suggesting Woods signed new contract at Brentford. Nothing circulating in the media as far as I can see though.
Ryan Woods on 15:52 - Aug 5 with 5274 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 15:23 - Aug 5 by costalotta

Some poster on the scfc site suggesting Woods signed new contract at Brentford. Nothing circulating in the media as far as I can see though.

No way
Ryan Woods on 20:52 - Aug 5 with 4762 viewsMagic_Michu

Whatever the situation with Clucas we need to push this deal through regardless.

We need a combative holding midfielder regardless.

After yesterday and seeing the likes of Boro, Stoke and WBA... you feel that with a couple of additions we have a real chance to be right up there.

Ryan Woods on 21:00 - Aug 5 with 4690 viewsymaohyd

These Americans have invested nothing. Surely now is the time for them to back Potter who is clearly doing an excellent job, is recruiting players in the right way.

I get running a tight ship financially, this is an opportunity for them to give back, losing this player in this way would be a disgrace.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Ryan Woods on 21:17 - Aug 5 with 4587 viewsNirvana

Based on what little I've seen and read about Woods he sounds like a quality signing and would vastly improve our midfield. Hopefully, we can push Clucas out and bring him in.

If not, we should be looking at Renato Tapia from Feyenoord. Proper destroyer who can also play football, he can play all over midfield and in defence, and he's only 22. He started 10+ games at CB last season and was very impressive, and he played well for Peru at the World Cup. Proper total footballer, leader, would boss the midfield for us.

It might take some convincing for him to come to the Championship but he wasn't an automatic starter last season, and Feyenoord brought in Jordy Clasie on loan. Maybe we could pull this off, since Potter's so well-known and his stock is sky high.

Ryan Woods on 13:57 - Aug 6 with 3972 viewsHeadmaster

Could still be some movement yet. Although this contradicts reports that a fee had been agreed, as reported by Stuart James.

Ryan Woods on 13:58 - Aug 6 with 3957 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 13:57 - Aug 6 by Headmaster

Could still be some movement yet. Although this contradicts reports that a fee had been agreed, as reported by Stuart James.

Great news!!

Get it done.
Ryan Woods on 14:06 - Aug 6 with 3888 viewsSwansea83

Ryan Woods on 13:58 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

Great news!!

Get it done.

I agree, fingers crossed !

Poll: Who will be our top goal scorer for this campaign?

Ryan Woods on 14:10 - Aug 6 with 3842 viewsbluenile

Sounds a possibility yet.

SWANS’ SECOND WOODS BID

Swansea are expected to return with a second offer for Ryan Woods, who is valued at £7m by Brentford, according to Sky sources.

The Swans saw a £6m offer knocked back for the midfielder last week and Sky Sports News understands the Bees will not sell for less than his valuation.

Bees boss Dean Smith admitted Woods was left out of their opening-day victory over Rotherham because he was ‘distracted’ by the uncertainty over his future.

The 24-year-old Woods is keen to join Swansea, according to a source close to the deal, but his move may be dependent on Sam Clucas leaving the Liberty Stadium.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Ryan Woods on 15:51 - Aug 6 with 3474 viewsMagic_Michu

Brilliant... get him over the line ASAP and get him in the starting line up for Saturday.

Ryan Woods on 15:54 - Aug 6 with 3433 viewsandypitt56

Window closes on thursday doesnt it, so we dont have long to get it over the line. We seem to be useless at getting deals done quickly!
Ryan Woods on 15:58 - Aug 6 with 3383 viewshobo

Ryan Woods on 15:54 - Aug 6 by andypitt56

Window closes on thursday doesnt it, so we dont have long to get it over the line. We seem to be useless at getting deals done quickly!

End of the month for us, I think. PL window closes at the end of the week
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 15:59]
Ryan Woods on 16:01 - Aug 6 with 3345 viewsandypitt56

Ryan Woods on 15:58 - Aug 6 by hobo

End of the month for us, I think. PL window closes at the end of the week
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 15:59]

Think it closes at the same time, however for EFL the loan window is open to the end of the month.
Ryan Woods on 16:04 - Aug 6 with 3316 viewsbringbacklaudrup

League transfer window deadline is Thursday.

AFAIK League loan window and international loan & transfer windows close end of month.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 16:04]

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Ryan Woods on 16:10 - Aug 6 with 3252 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 16:01 - Aug 6 by andypitt56

Think it closes at the same time, however for EFL the loan window is open to the end of the month.

Yep kind of. All buying in PL and FL must finish by 5 pm this Thursday. But we can still sell players (overseas) or do loan deals (in or out) or sign unregistered players until end-August. Note that PL clubs can't sign loans beond Thursday but EFL clubs like us can.

For us critically that means players like Fed who'd been linked with overseas clubs could still leave up until the end-August. For players like Clucas where there's only been PL interest (as afar as we know) we'd need to get those deals wrapped up by Thursday if we're selling or loaning. If not, the only way we'd get shot is by selling or loaning to an overseas club.

Nothing like making it simple!
Ryan Woods on 17:52 - Aug 6 with 2809 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 15:51 - Aug 6 by Magic_Michu

Brilliant... get him over the line ASAP and get him in the starting line up for Saturday.

Mouth is beginning to water at that prospect

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024