Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 150070 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 4921 viewsbermudajack

Ryan Woods on 17:52 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Mouth is beginning to water at that prospect

Brentford have received a £7M bid from us today according to Sky Bet Championship: News
Also Wood has told them he wants to join us,
also 1 year loan deal for Declan John on the tabled to Rangers

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Ryan Woods on 18:08 - Aug 6 with 4802 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 17:59 - Aug 6 by bermudajack

Brentford have received a £7M bid from us today according to Sky Bet Championship: News

Both very sensible deals and Woods will make a huge impact I'm sure.

Perhaps his arrival may speed up Clucas' departure

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 18:15 - Aug 6 with 4723 viewshobo

Ryan Woods on 16:01 - Aug 6 by andypitt56

Think it closes at the same time, however for EFL the loan window is open to the end of the month.

I stand corrected, oof it's going to be a busy week
Ryan Woods on 18:26 - Aug 6 with 4611 viewsraynor94

Ryan Woods on 18:08 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Both very sensible deals and Woods will make a huge impact I'm sure.

Perhaps his arrival may speed up Clucas' departure

BBC reporting, there's interest from other Premier teams, perhaps that's the reason he turned Burnley down

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ryan Woods on 18:30 - Aug 6 with 4580 viewsbringbacklaudrup

He's probably waiting to see if any better offers come before Thursday, so I expect him to be holding up the Swansea shirt on Friday.

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Ryan Woods on 18:31 - Aug 6 with 4561 viewsjack247

Ryan Woods on 17:59 - Aug 6 by bermudajack

He’s leaving. They’ve wrapped him in cotton wool anticipating a move. If we’re the only serious bidder, then he’s coming here.

The Clucas deal will happen, whether it’s Burnley or somewhere else. It looks like he wants out and Potter is happy with that. If he and/or Burnley/whoever need to compromise on wages, I’m sure they will.
Ryan Woods on 18:35 - Aug 6 with 4519 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 18:31 - Aug 6 by jack247

He’s leaving. They’ve wrapped him in cotton wool anticipating a move. If we’re the only serious bidder, then he’s coming here.

The Clucas deal will happen, whether it’s Burnley or somewhere else. It looks like he wants out and Potter is happy with that. If he and/or Burnley/whoever need to compromise on wages, I’m sure they will.

They've wrapped him in cotton wool while his wife was due to give birth, after they lost a child last year (part of why he'd prefer to go to a Midlands club, that's where their families are).
Ryan Woods on 18:40 - Aug 6 with 4456 viewsjack247

Ryan Woods on 18:35 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

They've wrapped him in cotton wool while his wife was due to give birth, after they lost a child last year (part of why he'd prefer to go to a Midlands club, that's where their families are).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-target-r

And because he’s distracted by our interest. He may well prefer a Midlands club, but it looks like Brentford have accepted he’s on the way out.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 18:47 - Aug 6 with 4388 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 18:26 - Aug 6 by raynor94

BBC reporting, there's interest from other Premier teams, perhaps that's the reason he turned Burnley down

I don't care who takes him.
Perhaps Cardiff would suit him if he likes running about a lot? The Liverpool player isn't going there so next best thing for them I reckon.

Ryan Woods on 18:49 - Aug 6 with 4348 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 18:40 - Aug 6 by jack247

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-target-r

And because he’s distracted by our interest. He may well prefer a Midlands club, but it looks like Brentford have accepted he’s on the way out.

I'm not saying he isn't moving, just that there's a lot going on there so reading it as a straightforward "dotting the i's" situation might lead to disappointment.
Ryan Woods on 18:50 - Aug 6 with 4330 viewsjack247

Ryan Woods on 18:49 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

I'm not saying he isn't moving, just that there's a lot going on there so reading it as a straightforward "dotting the i's" situation might lead to disappointment.

I said he’s coming here if we’re the only serious bidder. I’m not disputing we could get gazumped or a midlands club may come in for him.
Ryan Woods on 18:50 - Aug 6 with 4328 views34dfgdf54

So Woods wants a midlands club? I thought I seen earlier he’s told Brentford he wants to join us. Have I missed something?
Ryan Woods on 18:55 - Aug 6 with 4276 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 18:50 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

So Woods wants a midlands club? I thought I seen earlier he’s told Brentford he wants to join us. Have I missed something?

If we want to sign a ginger why not go for Jack Colback? All gingers play the same anyway.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 18:58 - Aug 6 with 4243 viewsjack247

I think that was his original preference, but there aren’t any midlands clubs in the running at the moment
Ryan Woods on 19:01 - Aug 6 with 4194 viewsjasper_T

He moved back home with his wife last year and has been commuting from London since. Ideally they'd stay close to family.
Ryan Woods on 19:02 - Aug 6 with 4176 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 18:58 - Aug 6 by jack247

I think that was his original preference, but there aren’t any midlands clubs in the running at the moment

If he watched our game I'm sure any doubts he may have had would have disappeared. WBA in a mess and Villa cut back by FFP . Birmingham skint too.

Ryan Woods on 23:20 - Aug 6 with 3666 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 19:02 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

If he watched our game I'm sure any doubts he may have had would have disappeared. WBA in a mess and Villa cut back by FFP . Birmingham skint too.

If Villa sell Grealish for rumoured £30m+ suspect they'll re- invest large chunk within FFP this year. Last season may be different story but I guess they had Parachute to offset big wage bill for FFP calculations.
Ryan Woods on 23:29 - Aug 6 with 3610 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 23:20 - Aug 6 by awayjack

If Villa sell Grealish for rumoured £30m+ suspect they'll re- invest large chunk within FFP this year. Last season may be different story but I guess they had Parachute to offset big wage bill for FFP calculations.

You're right about Grealish giving them the finances to buy Woods from under our noses. I just hope and pray we get him in first

Ryan Woods on 15:45 - Aug 7 with 3204 viewsKGriz16

Any updates on Ryan Woods?
Ryan Woods on 15:50 - Aug 7 with 3131 viewsDafyddHuw

Ryan Woods on 18:55 - Aug 6 by omarjack

If we want to sign a ginger why not go for Jack Colback? All gingers play the same anyway.

Just think of the worst possible footballer you can.

Colback is worse. Ever seen him play for Newcastle? And I use the word "play" very, very loosely.
Ryan Woods on 15:52 - Aug 7 with 3100 viewsswitchingcode

Ryan Woods on 15:45 - Aug 7 by KGriz16

Any updates on Ryan Woods?

Very near fee agreed just sorting out the add ons and he’ll be on his way to ????
Ryan Woods on 16:23 - Aug 7 with 2963 viewsgolly47

Ryan Woods on 15:52 - Aug 7 by switchingcode

Very near fee agreed just sorting out the add ons and he’ll be on his way to ????

Seen a guy dressed in athleisure clothing signing some paperwork with a big burly guy and a lady in the sinclair room. Might have been woods but he had a cap on so couldn't really see. Overheard the big guy saying about training sessions, so its either a new senior player or a youngster.

Poll: What was worse?

Ryan Woods on 17:29 - Aug 7 with 2630 views34dfgdf54

Fulton looks like he’s off so we’ve definitely got someone coming in.
Ryan Woods on 17:33 - Aug 7 with 2586 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ryan Woods on 17:29 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

Fulton looks like he’s off so we’ve definitely got someone coming in.

Where’s Fulton of to then ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ryan Woods on 17:34 - Aug 7 with 2576 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 17:33 - Aug 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Where’s Fulton of to then ?

Reading trying to agree a fee according to Alan Nixon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024