Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace 08:18 - Aug 1 with 27599 viewsbermudajack

101greatgials.com are reporting this regarding J. Ayew

The Times also believe that West Ham’s Cheikhou Kouyate and Swansea’s Jordan Ayew are also poised to move to south London. Readers are told:

Crystal Palace are close to deals for three new players, including the striker Jordan Ayew and are confident that they have won the battle to keep Wilfried Zaha. Ayew is expected to move from Swansea City in a swap deal involving Jaïro Riedewald. A

Poll: Priority for new manager?

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 11:58 - Aug 3 with 3931 viewsSwansea93

Burnley linked.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 12:11 - Aug 3 with 3834 viewsomarjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 11:58 - Aug 3 by Swansea93

Burnley linked.

Burnley are getting desperate in need of a striker. They bid 16 m for Jay Rodriguez but WBA rejected it.

If they're willing to spend 16 m on Jay..is it so far fetched they they'd spend 15 m on Jordan? Younger, a bit better and more fit.

Imo it could be done.

25 m for Ayew and Clucas should be doable imo.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 12:19 - Aug 3 with 3801 viewsLeonWasGod

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 11:58 - Aug 3 by Swansea93

Burnley linked.

Hope so. We need to get him out. He obviously doesn't want to be here and we all know how much effort he put into Villa in the Championship before jumping at the fist chance. We don't need players who don't want to be here, irrespective of the finances.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 13:46 - Aug 3 with 3561 viewsawayjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 12:11 - Aug 3 by omarjack

Burnley are getting desperate in need of a striker. They bid 16 m for Jay Rodriguez but WBA rejected it.

If they're willing to spend 16 m on Jay..is it so far fetched they they'd spend 15 m on Jordan? Younger, a bit better and more fit.

Imo it could be done.

25 m for Ayew and Clucas should be doable imo.

Sadly unlike WBA we seem to be accepting low offers, so if they offer £10m he'll be gone.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 22:22 - Aug 4 with 3315 viewsSwansea93

Jairo Riedewald wasn't in Palace squad for the friendly today, interesting....

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 22:27 - Aug 4 with 3283 viewsUplandsJack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 22:22 - Aug 4 by Swansea93

Jairo Riedewald wasn't in Palace squad for the friendly today, interesting....

Freddie's replacement I reckon
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 19:11 - Aug 6 with 3034 viewsAndyNak

So is he going or what? Clock is ticking

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 2964 views34dfgdf54

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 19:11 - Aug 6 by AndyNak

So is he going or what? Clock is ticking

They can’t afford him.

Needed the Dutch lad to join us for swap deal, but didn’t fancy it.
Login to get fewer ads

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 19:25 - Aug 6 with 2903 viewsSwansea93

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 19:18 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

They can’t afford him.

Something tells me he might still come. He wasn't in Palace squad the other day despite being involved with all their other pre season games.

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 19:59 - Aug 6 with 2693 viewsAndyNak

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 19:18 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

They can’t afford him.

Yeah seems that one is dead but I didn’t mean to Palace... I meant anywhere?

Need him off the books, clearly doesn’t want to play in the championship and he’s worth more than Clucas so if we’re desperate for money to get the woods deal done then get rid

Seems to have been forgotten about after our win over the weekend and will no doubt go on another last minute loan deal somewhere... probably Palace

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 21:31 - Aug 6 with 2444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 19:59 - Aug 6 by AndyNak

Yeah seems that one is dead but I didn’t mean to Palace... I meant anywhere?

Need him off the books, clearly doesn’t want to play in the championship and he’s worth more than Clucas so if we’re desperate for money to get the woods deal done then get rid

Seems to have been forgotten about after our win over the weekend and will no doubt go on another last minute loan deal somewhere... probably Palace

Best start afresh. Don't want any would be bad apples in our smashing new barrel.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 21:40 - Aug 6 with 2370 viewsAndyNak

Agreed

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 22:17 - Aug 6 with 2241 viewsicecoldjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 21:31 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Best start afresh. Don't want any would be bad apples in our smashing new barrel.

Yep, don't want the hungover former prem footballers spoiling things for our future development.

Clubs are hardly.smashing down doors to get them, which is both understandable and worrying !
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 00:02 - Aug 7 with 2092 viewsomarjack

Didn't Burnley want Jordan as well?

Well if they couldn't satisfy Clucas financially they won't satisfy an Ayew that's for sure.

So what now? he goes on loan to France or somewhere before September?

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 07:47 - Aug 7 with 1897 viewsswanatcarlisle

What time does he want to go.....I'll drive down from Carlisle and give him an lift!
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 07:58 - Aug 7 with 1850 viewsawayjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 00:02 - Aug 7 by omarjack

Didn't Burnley want Jordan as well?

Well if they couldn't satisfy Clucas financially they won't satisfy an Ayew that's for sure.

So what now? he goes on loan to France or somewhere before September?

It's frustrating about Clucas but I like how Burnley stick to their financial limits. Whilst we ramped our costs to an out of control £126m (£99m player £26m other), Burnley costs were £72m (£61m players, £11m other). Their Board also don't take extortionate salaries. If only our Board could operate under similar principles. Aside from usual pigs in the trough, can anyone explain why our costs were £64m more than Burnley?
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:24 - Aug 7 with 1763 viewsShaky

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 07:58 - Aug 7 by awayjack

It's frustrating about Clucas but I like how Burnley stick to their financial limits. Whilst we ramped our costs to an out of control £126m (£99m player £26m other), Burnley costs were £72m (£61m players, £11m other). Their Board also don't take extortionate salaries. If only our Board could operate under similar principles. Aside from usual pigs in the trough, can anyone explain why our costs were £64m more than Burnley?

My theory is that the cost structure started to go to pot when Jenkins didn't have sufficient capital to make regular signings for upfront fees.

So he instead hit on the idea of bringing in supposedly marquee signings on free transfers. I'm thinking especially Gomis and Ayew MK I.

The downside of that is they then demanded huge salaries, and that then quickly blew up the wage structure as existing and prospective teammates demanded some sort of wage parity.

That led to costs spiralling out of control, and the rest is history.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:32 - Aug 7 with 1715 viewsomarjack

Our costs were not 99 m on players..more like 65 m on the senior squad and 34 m on other wages like coaches, staff etc..totaling 99 m (plus we calculate our wages over 14 months rather than the general 12 months)

I'd say our playing squad over 12 months receives around 55 m in wages and around 30 m in other wages totaling around 85 m/per year. and around 23 m in other spendings like infrastructure, travelling, advertising etc..totalling around 108 m/year.

Still..your point stands. Especially how Burnley spend only around 10 m on other costs while keeping their wages in check. But in the other hand they're having difficulties attracting players as you can see. Despite having enough money to buy decent ones..but they won't be able to compete for long if they don't up their wage cap..but from there things start to spiral and they'll end up being us and the cycle goes on and on for most mid table clubs..
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 8:33]

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:38 - Aug 7 with 1684 viewsShaky

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:32 - Aug 7 by omarjack

Our costs were not 99 m on players..more like 65 m on the senior squad and 34 m on other wages like coaches, staff etc..totaling 99 m (plus we calculate our wages over 14 months rather than the general 12 months)

I'd say our playing squad over 12 months receives around 55 m in wages and around 30 m in other wages totaling around 85 m/per year. and around 23 m in other spendings like infrastructure, travelling, advertising etc..totalling around 108 m/year.

Still..your point stands. Especially how Burnley spend only around 10 m on other costs while keeping their wages in check. But in the other hand they're having difficulties attracting players as you can see. Despite having enough money to buy decent ones..but they won't be able to compete for long if they don't up their wage cap..but from there things start to spiral and they'll end up being us and the cycle goes on and on for most mid table clubs..
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 8:33]

Sorry Omar, but this is largely nonsense.

Swansea reported costs for 14 months in one year ended July 2015 to change their accounting date, and have subsequently been using 12 month accounting periods as is the norm.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 09:36 - Aug 7 with 1555 viewsomarjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:38 - Aug 7 by Shaky

Sorry Omar, but this is largely nonsense.

Swansea reported costs for 14 months in one year ended July 2015 to change their accounting date, and have subsequently been using 12 month accounting periods as is the norm.

Well..I'm clearly not in position to contradict you.

But I only assumed that because I'm at shock at how high the wage bill is..what the actual f*ck? Where does all this money go? 99 m in wages? We assume around 65 m on playing squad yearly..on rubbish players like these..someone needs shooting.

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:21 - Aug 7 with 1453 viewsLeonWasGod

Is that right? Burnley seem to have kept that team focus going as well. We lost our nerve. As our team ethic started slipping away we thought we could rely on one or two highly paid 'stars' to rescue us. All started to unravel with Go-miss and Ayew mark 1 (despite his goals first time round, nobody had the foggiest how he fit the team).
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:28 - Aug 7 with 1415 viewsdcd14

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:21 - Aug 7 by LeonWasGod

Is that right? Burnley seem to have kept that team focus going as well. We lost our nerve. As our team ethic started slipping away we thought we could rely on one or two highly paid 'stars' to rescue us. All started to unravel with Go-miss and Ayew mark 1 (despite his goals first time round, nobody had the foggiest how he fit the team).

Its a shame we couldn't have used Gomis properly.

Since leaving us 20 goals in 31 for Marseille & 29 in 33 for Galatasaray.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:28 - Aug 7 with 1409 views34dfgdf54

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:28 - Aug 7 by dcd14

Its a shame we couldn't have used Gomis properly.

Since leaving us 20 goals in 31 for Marseille & 29 in 33 for Galatasaray.

Gomis didn't deserve the stick he had on here.

If we had him last year, we would still be a Premier League side in my opinion.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:30 - Aug 7 with 1395 viewsdcd14

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:28 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

It was like a round peg in a square hole.

We continued to try and play him like Bony, he just wasn't that type of player.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:31 - Aug 7 with 1383 viewsomarjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:28 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

We were so spoiled back then we turned our noses up at an actually decent striker.

I liked Gomis..with his creepy Gollum/the girl from the Ring celebration..I wish we've seen way more of those with us.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 10:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024