Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter's first pre-match presser 12:17 - Aug 2 with 4667 viewsLeonWasGod

Live at 1.30 today

Linky https://www.swanseacity.com/news/watch-live-potters-press-conference
Potter's first pre-match presser on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 3404 viewsomarjack

The season kicks on tomorrow night..holy sh!t I'm so unprepared.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Potter's first pre-match presser on 12:27 - Aug 2 with 3407 viewsjacabertawe

Potter's first pre-match presser on 12:25 - Aug 2 by omarjack

The season kicks on tomorrow night..holy sh!t I'm so unprepared.

Me too. Let's hope the team isn't!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Potter's first pre-match presser on 12:38 - Aug 2 with 3373 viewsLeonWasGod

Yeah, that's all come round a bit quickly. Although 3rd August is a stupidly early time to start - when are people supposed to kick back in their deck chairs, G&T in hand listening to Test Match Special?
Potter's first pre-match presser on 13:56 - Aug 2 with 3249 views34dfgdf54

Potter:

"We’ve had really good support. The club is paying for the last 2 or three years. You look at the transfers and the levels you get back and that has to influence decisions in restructuring."

Huw must be loving this.
Potter's first pre-match presser on 14:00 - Aug 2 with 3212 viewscostalotta

Potter's first pre-match presser on 13:56 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

Potter:

"We’ve had really good support. The club is paying for the last 2 or three years. You look at the transfers and the levels you get back and that has to influence decisions in restructuring."

Huw must be loving this.

He’s indicated as much a few times in the last few weeks.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 14:01]
Potter's first pre-match presser on 14:02 - Aug 2 with 3190 views34dfgdf54

Potter's first pre-match presser on 14:00 - Aug 2 by costalotta

He’s indicated as much a few times in the last few weeks.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 14:01]

Definitely. Pretty much every press conference.

Huw won't be here much longer.
Potter's first pre-match presser on 15:56 - Aug 2 with 2918 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

It is obvious that Potter has a lot of work to do, he needs some out and some good replacements but it will take time to get the team working well.

Mid table may be a good result this year.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:19 - Aug 2 with 2842 viewsTheResurrection

Potter's first pre-match presser on 13:56 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

Potter:

Huw must be loving this.

He is, he's shoving it right up the Americans.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:21 - Aug 2 with 2834 viewsTheResurrection

Potter's first pre-match presser on 14:02 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

Stop and think who is responsible for all we're seeing now....

It's not the Americans, it's Huw.

Jenkins appointed Potter and gave him the remit.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:31 - Aug 2 with 2782 viewsawayjack

Potter's first pre-match presser on 14:02 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

Let's hope so. Aside from counting his money no idea what he does on a day to day basis. Potter seems to be in control of recruitment.
Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:37 - Aug 2 with 2748 views34dfgdf54

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:21 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

Stop and think who is responsible for all we're seeing now....

It's not the Americans, it's Huw.

Jenkins appointed Potter and gave him the remit.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

The yanks knew we needed a restructure, they said that when they finally had the balls to make a statement after relegation.

Potter flew over to New York for meetings with them, and they rubbed stamped it. It’s a big rebuild job that needs to be done on a reasonably small budget, everyone in football knows about Potters CV and he did just that at Osterstunds, albeit at a lower level.

Who was the guy who posts on here who said Pearlman made clear to the fans who travelled for the pre season tour he was now in charge? He could be making it up, but why would he?

Potter even name dropped him in one of the interviews saying we haven’t had football men making the decisions around here. I think he’s being phased out.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 16:38]
Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:43 - Aug 2 with 2711 viewsTheResurrection

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:37 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

The yanks knew we needed a restructure, they said that when they finally had the balls to make a statement after relegation.

Potter flew over to New York for meetings with them, and they rubbed stamped it. It’s a big rebuild job that needs to be done on a reasonably small budget, everyone in football knows about Potters CV and he did just that at Osterstunds, albeit at a lower level.

Who was the guy who posts on here who said Pearlman made clear to the fans who travelled for the pre season tour he was now in charge? He could be making it up, but why would he?

Potter even name dropped him in one of the interviews saying we haven’t had football men making the decisions around here. I think he’s being phased out.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 16:38]

They also said Potter has been on their radar for a few months, when he's been on Jenkins for 7 years.

Kaplan and Levien are just a front for making decisions, and bad ones and rubber stamping documents.

It wasn't them that appointed Potter FFS, it wasn't them that made a decision to go back to our old ways of doing it, it was them trying to reinvent the wheel.

It was. Jenkins that did all the talking and laying out of plans and what was needed. .

Don't think otherwise.

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:49 - Aug 2 with 2672 viewsCaptain_Sham

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:43 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

They also said Potter has been on their radar for a few months, when he's been on Jenkins for 7 years.

Kaplan and Levien are just a front for making decisions, and bad ones and rubber stamping documents.

It wasn't them that appointed Potter FFS, it wasn't them that made a decision to go back to our old ways of doing it, it was them trying to reinvent the wheel.

It was. Jenkins that did all the talking and laying out of plans and what was needed. .

Don't think otherwise.

"They also said Potter has been on their radar for a few months, when he's been on Jenkins for 7 years. "

Troo dat. We offered him a job before he went to Sweden.

Its just a ride.

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:54 - Aug 2 with 2641 viewsShaky

Don't think otherwise.

If this is true, it would mean Kaplan has adopted a "dontgivafcuk" strategy, which i have in recent months speculated could fit with the circumstances.

If that is the case, look out below.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:54 - Aug 2 with 2639 viewsdobjack2

Don't think otherwise.

The big differences this season are that we got rid of our old recruitment set up, appointed what looks like a long term manager, rather than a fire fighter, and let him and his team get on with it.

Whether it works out or not our recruitment and the targets we have been linked with make sense as part of a joined up transfer policy.
Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:59 - Aug 2 with 2619 viewsTheResurrection

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:49 - Aug 2 by Captain_Sham

"They also said Potter has been on their radar for a few months, when he's been on Jenkins for 7 years. "

Troo dat. We offered him a job before he went to Sweden.

It's going to look like I'm going out of my way to support Jenkins again but that's not the case

I am merely being fair where fair should be due.

It's too easy to think something if you're desperate for it to happen and it's too easy for simple logic to fly out of the window.

The bare truth is I genuinely don't give a monkeys if Jenkins stays or goes other than what effect it would have on the Club.

And if he's making decisions that help us get back to how we were then that's alright by me, and it should be alright by any genuine Swans fan.

This Potter appointment is down to Jenkins in the main, not the Americans, so it's him we should be thanking for the upturn in the recruitment process and all that comes with Potter.

Potter knew he had to shift players on and whilst it's not all been plain sailing or as quick as we'd have liked, we're seeing positive signs.

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:00 - Aug 2 with 2605 viewsTheResurrection

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:54 - Aug 2 by Shaky

If this is true, it would mean Kaplan has adopted a "dontgivafcuk" strategy, which i have in recent months speculated could fit with the circumstances.

If that is the case, look out below.

Not really but he's made so many howlers in the last couple of years that all he had left, after relegation, was to go back to what worked before.

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:03 - Aug 2 with 2588 viewsBillyChong

Potter's first pre-match presser on 16:54 - Aug 2 by dobjack2

The big differences this season are that we got rid of our old recruitment set up, appointed what looks like a long term manager, rather than a fire fighter, and let him and his team get on with it.

Whether it works out or not our recruitment and the targets we have been linked with make sense as part of a joined up transfer policy.

The only manager viewed by Jenkins/the club as a fire fighter was Carvalhal. Jenkins himself said that Bradley was viewed as a long term appointment. He was given almost 3 years FFS. Clement was given 2 and a half years. Guidolin was given a 2 year deal not long before being sacked. Must had cost us a fortune.
Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:07 - Aug 2 with 2575 viewsTheResurrection

Clement wasn't a firefighter after keeping us up. He was given a lot of say. He just wasn't much cop as it turned out.

The Americans have been ultimately overseeing transfers since they got here and ultimately failed. Jenkins takes the flak and no doubt some of it is deserved, but nothing like all of it.

Think about Guidolin and what happened that Summer and how they got shot of him. They started making bad decisions from the get go.

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 2536 viewsjackjackjackjack

But if it turns out we haven't appointed our long-term manager (it goes badly - we sack him. it goes too well - he gets an offer from a Premier team), then all our coaches and recruitment staff will be off as well.

We'll be left with Jenkins (if he's still around), Curtis, and the U-23s coaches. Could be a bigger affect than when Martinez left.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:16 - Aug 2 with 2532 viewsShaky

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:00 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

Not really but he's made so many howlers in the last couple of years that all he had left, after relegation, was to go back to what worked before.

And you're swallowing all this stuff Jenkins is feeding you raw, without any kind of filtering, are you?

Don't think he might be conning you - and even himself - just a little to put a little lipstick and some nose-powder on?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:25 - Aug 2 with 2480 viewsdobjack2

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:07 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

Clement wasn't a firefighter after keeping us up. He was given a lot of say. He just wasn't much cop as it turned out.

The Americans have been ultimately overseeing transfers since they got here and ultimately failed. Jenkins takes the flak and no doubt some of it is deserved, but nothing like all of it.

Think about Guidolin and what happened that Summer and how they got shot of him. They started making bad decisions from the get go.

I’m not convinced that Clement had a lot of say in a lot of our transfers so we’ll disagree on that one.

We haven’t had a coherent transfer policy in years, Coinciding with our loss of football identity so Jenkins doesn’t get a free ride off me.
Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:44 - Aug 2 with 2401 viewsTheResurrection

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:16 - Aug 2 by Shaky

And you're swallowing all this stuff Jenkins is feeding you raw, without any kind of filtering, are you?

Don't think he might be conning you - and even himself - just a little to put a little lipstick and some nose-powder on?

We were around a long time before you latched onto us. We know how things are done.

We know, or at least, sensible Swans fans know who appointed Bradley and who appointed Potter.

It's pretty facking obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:46 - Aug 2 with 2390 viewsTheResurrection

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:25 - Aug 2 by dobjack2

I’m not convinced that Clement had a lot of say in a lot of our transfers so we’ll disagree on that one.

We haven’t had a coherent transfer policy in years, Coinciding with our loss of football identity so Jenkins doesn’t get a free ride off me.

Clement didn't have a Macauley though did he. The useless kunt had nothing to offer in terms of recruitment. All he had was his shout for Chadli.

We've gone back to a Martinez / Reeves type combo now.

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:47 - Aug 2 with 2383 viewsShaky

Potter's first pre-match presser on 17:44 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

We were around a long time before you latched onto us. We know how things are done.

We know, or at least, sensible Swans fans know who appointed Bradley and who appointed Potter.

It's pretty facking obvious to anyone with half a brain.

They have all been failures since Laudrup. What's your point?

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024