Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS 18:36 - Aug 2 with 29724 viewscastlejack

13 players out, 3 players signed

Just heard Mawson deal now confirmed, and club seem content with £8m for Clueless.

This is so depressing,

Having worked in the City for many years, I knew these bustard yanks would asset strip us for years which started even before their first season as owners had started....

But this is bordering on ridiculous. The rate of pillage is speeding up and the vultures have now successfully left us with a SWAN CARCASS.

The parachute payments are only ever one click away as they disappear electronically across the Atlantic.
In the words of Gordon Gekko in Wall Street, when asked Why have you wrecked our company/club....
BECAUSE ITS WRECK-ABLE

Poll: Next Swans manager

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:16 - Aug 2 with 1957 viewsWingstandwood

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 20:55 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

No, not attending my first board meeting until Monday evening

Thanks for your reply!

Argus!

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:17 - Aug 2 with 1952 viewsCooperman

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:11 - Aug 2 by Dr_Winston

I'm getting a Blackadder/Baldrick vibe.

OJ thinks that the Americans have a cunning plan.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:17 - Aug 2 with 1952 viewsOldjack

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:09 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

There are several strong accountants on the Trust board who would realise it

And if it was happening it would be in the public domain

but how do you stop it ? bearing in mind the trust are no more than a little fly in the ointment to them and they hold most of the cards

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:21 - Aug 2 with 1935 viewsJack59

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:04 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

Ability has nothing to do with cost FFS, at least not in the ridiculous context you are dreaming up.

We've accounted for every penny of the clubs money.. It's not Kaplan's or Levien's, it's the club's!! They own a controlling share but it's not them making a profit or loss at the end of each year, it's the Club.

They've also got a responsibility to pay fellow employees within the Club. That comes at huge cost, the biggest cost. The Americans may earn a salary but they haven't taken any dividend, as far as I'm aware, or the Trust would receive one as well.

So buying and selling players isn't for personal profit, it's the club balancing the books mostly whilst trying to keep us competitive. Something they've failed at, but not because they've stripped us of any assets.

There may well come a time they will look to take money out and this would probably be against the wishes of the Trust, but until that time comes around all this talk of asset stripping is just a bit thick.

Let's say you're right for a minute,
Given what you say, can you then imagine the low level of the intelligence of their investors, now that's what I would call scary!
And bear in mind, these two yanks have taken a company and also cut its income by over a half in their first full year at the helm.
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:21 - Aug 2 with 1935 viewsOldjack

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:17 - Aug 2 by Cooperman

OJ thinks that the Americans have a cunning plan.

their main interest is making as much money as they can as quick as they can even though they portray themselves like they care about us and the club . and yes they may well have a cunning plan to milk us dry in the very near future

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:22 - Aug 2 with 1928 viewsTheResurrection

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:17 - Aug 2 by Oldjack

but how do you stop it ? bearing in mind the trust are no more than a little fly in the ointment to them and they hold most of the cards

How do you stop something that's not happening??

Jesus h...

Fack off mun.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:22 - Aug 2 with 1929 viewsQJumpingJack

For those who may have missed this in April - the FT article on the Swans and our American owners.
The Premier League gamble....

https://www.ft.com/content/d28b725e-3796-11e8-8eee-e06bde01c544
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:22 - Aug 2 with 1927 viewsexiledclaseboy

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:08 - Aug 2 by Oldjack

I hope you got a good accountant on board to scrutinize every penny in and out ,you'll need it , if they do start milking us how will you stop it ?

There are at least two very experienced accountants in the board. The Trust sees the books monthly.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:23 - Aug 2 with 1920 viewsPhil_S

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:16 - Aug 2 by Dr_Winston

I'm going to put some pants on my head and shove two pencils up my nose.

Would fit right in on here lately.

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:24 - Aug 2 with 1912 viewsPhil_S

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:17 - Aug 2 by Oldjack

But its not happening

And if it did publicising it would have an immediate effect even if some had already been trousered

This really isn't rocket science
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:30 - Aug 2 with 1879 viewsJack59

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:07 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

Its still not asset stripping

Trust me, the harvesting is going on, they just haven't capitalised on it yet, but it is going to happen, and it will be too late for anyone to take any action again.
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:32 - Aug 2 with 1861 viewsPhil_S

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:30 - Aug 2 by Jack59

Trust me, the harvesting is going on, they just haven't capitalised on it yet, but it is going to happen, and it will be too late for anyone to take any action again.

OK then so lets suppose you are right

What are they going to do? And how are they going to do it?
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:37 - Aug 2 with 1827 viewsOldjack

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:24 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

But its not happening

And if it did publicising it would have an immediate effect even if some had already been trousered

This really isn't rocket science

Sorry Phil but i wouldn't trust them one little bit ,Plus the trust's record of spreading clean dirt and sticking the boot in when called for is pretty dismal to date ,

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:40 - Aug 2 with 1817 viewsPhil_S

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:37 - Aug 2 by Oldjack

Sorry Phil but i wouldn't trust them one little bit ,Plus the trust's record of spreading clean dirt and sticking the boot in when called for is pretty dismal to date ,

So to clarify

At no point did I say that I trusted them

And I dont disagree hence the point of the various posts I have made.

Its still not happening though...
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:41 - Aug 2 with 1803 viewsTheResurrection

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:21 - Aug 2 by Jack59

Let's say you're right for a minute,
Given what you say, can you then imagine the low level of the intelligence of their investors, now that's what I would call scary!
And bear in mind, these two yanks have taken a company and also cut its income by over a half in their first full year at the helm.

I'm sure you're trying to make a point, it's just I can't work it out for love nor money.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:43 - Aug 2 with 1795 viewsQJumpingJack

We are having to make cuts on the playing staff but Pearlman and HJ are probably earning in excess of £1m combined - that is madness and quite worrying.
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:57 - Aug 2 with 1732 viewsJack59

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:41 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

I'm sure you're trying to make a point, it's just I can't work it out for love nor money.

Well if your assessment of the situation is accurate they must all be pretty thick for getting financially involved in a football club, think of the investment opportunities in some parts of the world in real estate.
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:02 - Aug 2 with 1712 viewsdameedna

Cant see where the asset stripping is happening. A few more players out in the next few weeks. Jenkins and Pearlman will be under some scrutiny with a keen focus on Pearlman' s package and results.

Jenkins is our most successful leader to date. I am not lauding either right now as we may do better but the project has not failed yet.

New owners are in touch with pro sport which is a positive and appear to be in the game for the long haul.

New signings are reliable in my opinion and some good things have been said about transfer decisions.

Players and agents still attracted to the club and the set up here which cannot be taken for granted.

The Swan is still a thug.
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:10 - Aug 2 with 1683 viewsWingstandwood

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:40 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

So to clarify

At no point did I say that I trusted them

And I dont disagree hence the point of the various posts I have made.

Its still not happening though...

Am I right to presume SCST presence along with two accountants will indeed be a 'silver-bullet' to prevent any more immoral greed from Jenkins, Yanks and Co? So devious financial skullduggery, legal theft, and financial sleight of hand tactics to facilitate parachute payments/transfer money proceeds greed initiative won't happen under a SCST tenure?

A future Oyston-esque situation at SCFC is unlikely?

Newspaper quote: "for more than a year over claims they had taken £27 million out of the club after their season in the Premier League in 2010/11. Owen Oyston, for example, paid himself a director's salary of £11 million."
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 22:11]

Argus!

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:13 - Aug 2 with 1671 viewsPhil_S

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:10 - Aug 2 by Wingstandwood

Am I right to presume SCST presence along with two accountants will indeed be a 'silver-bullet' to prevent any more immoral greed from Jenkins, Yanks and Co? So devious financial skullduggery, legal theft, and financial sleight of hand tactics to facilitate parachute payments/transfer money proceeds greed initiative won't happen under a SCST tenure?

A future Oyston-esque situation at SCFC is unlikely?

Newspaper quote: "for more than a year over claims they had taken £27 million out of the club after their season in the Premier League in 2010/11. Owen Oyston, for example, paid himself a director's salary of £11 million."
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 22:11]

Put it this way if money was being taken out then it would be seen by the viewing of the monthly management accounts

Whilst many see Stuart as mute on many things nothing I have heard suggests that he no longer has access to this information

The sellouts may have rendered the Trust's voting rights next to useless with their skullduggery but as a 21% shareholder there are still rights to ensure the 'investment' is being managed as we would want and if it wasnt then vocally to let that be known
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:22 - Aug 2 with 1643 viewsWingstandwood

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:13 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

Put it this way if money was being taken out then it would be seen by the viewing of the monthly management accounts

Whilst many see Stuart as mute on many things nothing I have heard suggests that he no longer has access to this information

The sellouts may have rendered the Trust's voting rights next to useless with their skullduggery but as a 21% shareholder there are still rights to ensure the 'investment' is being managed as we would want and if it wasnt then vocally to let that be known

Quote : "The sellouts may have rendered the Trust's voting rights next to useless with their skullduggery but as a 21% shareholder there are still rights to ensure the 'investment' is being managed as we would want and if it wasnt then vocally to let that be known" (end of quote)

That brings some comfort to know that they will have to be on their guard and to be wary whilst having to look over their shoulders because they know scrutiny is there.

Argus!

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:24 - Aug 2 with 1637 viewsLoyal

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:13 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

Then it's time to lead vocally, and if Stu thingy don't like it tie him up and bum him 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:24 - Aug 2 with 1630 viewsUxbridge

Monthly management accounts, weekly meetings with the FD.

It seems not everyone's been reading the monthly board minutes...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:25 - Aug 2 with 1630 viewsJack59

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:32 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

OK then so lets suppose you are right

What are they going to do? And how are they going to do it?

I honestly can't tell you now, if I had a million pound budget like them, to hire minds and put a plan together, then I would. However, I will remind you of this after it all comes to light.
What seriously worries me is given our history, and even after what happened with our sell out board, many fans are still naïve about the intentions of the so called 'investors'
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:29 - Aug 2 with 1611 viewsTheResurrection

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:57 - Aug 2 by Jack59

Well if your assessment of the situation is accurate they must all be pretty thick for getting financially involved in a football club, think of the investment opportunities in some parts of the world in real estate.

Their idea was to add value to the club before, what they probably hoped, would be another big TV deal which would've done just that, driven the value of the club up.

Before then going onto sell us for more than they paid.

And not all investments pay off, there's always risks no matter how intelligent (or wealthy) they are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024