Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS 18:36 - Aug 2 with 29435 viewscastlejack

13 players out, 3 players signed

Just heard Mawson deal now confirmed, and club seem content with £8m for Clueless.

This is so depressing,

Having worked in the City for many years, I knew these bustard yanks would asset strip us for years which started even before their first season as owners had started....

But this is bordering on ridiculous. The rate of pillage is speeding up and the vultures have now successfully left us with a SWAN CARCASS.

The parachute payments are only ever one click away as they disappear electronically across the Atlantic.
In the words of Gordon Gekko in Wall Street, when asked Why have you wrecked our company/club....
BECAUSE ITS WRECK-ABLE

Poll: Next Swans manager

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 20:53 - Aug 6 with 1983 viewsDarran

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 20:50 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

So where is all this "profit" then? Because no money has been taken out and we're clearly struggling with cashflow. We see the accounts every month so they've obviously been very clever here in making a huge sum of money simply disappear from thin air.

WTF have they done??

Has the Club bought gold bullion and not declared it? Have they had it rinsed in Don Corleone's laundrette? Or have they paid Pearlman £100m last year and lied to the accountant?

It does make you wonder (allegedly) how we can’t afford Woods untill we sell Clucas mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:12 - Aug 6 with 1944 viewsGaryjack

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 20:53 - Aug 6 by Darran

It does make you wonder (allegedly) how we can’t afford Woods untill we sell Clucas mind.

I'm no accountant, but as we need to balance the books upon relegation, it just might be a case of not being able to afford Woods until we sell Clucas?
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:30 - Aug 6 with 1886 viewsDarran

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:12 - Aug 6 by Garyjack

I'm no accountant, but as we need to balance the books upon relegation, it just might be a case of not being able to afford Woods until we sell Clucas?

Yes I understand that but there’s surely enough money been brought in to go out and buy Woods and then worry about selling Clucas.
Fuçk me how many players have we got off the wage bill too?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:53 - Aug 6 with 1853 viewsGaryjack

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 21:30 - Aug 6 by Darran

Yes I understand that but there’s surely enough money been brought in to go out and buy Woods and then worry about selling Clucas.
Fuçk me how many players have we got off the wage bill too?

No there's not Dar. We still have a massive wage bill. We have to be very very careful in what we do or we will end up in deep crap.
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:51 - Aug 6 with 1816 viewsShaky

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 20:33 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

I don't follow it because you're clearly well off the mark. You're playing at the concept of accounting and making things up to suit your already weak argument.

I don't say this often but I'm genuinely shocked you've actually got the front to pump this bollocks out here in front of some of our posters.

I'm surprised our resident know it all from Denmark hasn't ripped you to shreds yet, I'm guessing he perhaps thinks you've got learning difficulties, although I did see he'd called you an idiot.

This thread is a complete shambles from start to finish.

I know for a fact that Omar has stronger accounting skills than this joker, cos I taught him the basics of accounting for players a couple of months ago in a few posts one morning.

Basics that for some reason appear to have eluded Castlejack during his long and no doubt distinguished career in the city.

If Omar can deal with him, at risk of coming across as arrogant this is frankly a little below my pay grade.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 19:04 - Aug 9 with 1688 viewsawayjack

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 11:11 - Aug 3 by Uxbridge

Yes, forecasts and cashflow statements are typically included, although haven't seen the revised for 2018/19 and beyond yet .. given the state of flux, that's not entirely surprising.

We know the rough plans and it's going to be closer to the latter than the former. We're seeing signings already. More desperately needed of course. Need to be vigilant of course though.

Is today in line with the plans? What's it now 16-17 players out with probably still Naughton and Narsignh to loan out, so any player with any value. 3-4 in all relatively cheap / free. Doesn't look much like a re-investment in squad plan.
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 19:21 - Aug 9 with 1615 viewsFlashberryjack

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 19:04 - Aug 9 by awayjack

Is today in line with the plans? What's it now 16-17 players out with probably still Naughton and Narsignh to loan out, so any player with any value. 3-4 in all relatively cheap / free. Doesn't look much like a re-investment in squad plan.

Anyone or thing of value will be sold or loaned.
Suck it up guys.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:13 - Aug 9 with 1508 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 18:57 - Aug 2 by TheResurrection

Driving a tube and renting your old boy out then?

Login to get fewer ads

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:16 - Aug 9 with 1492 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Last player out, please turn the lights out!!!
Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:21 - Aug 9 with 1458 viewsLoyal

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:16 - Aug 9 by AlfieMooresSon

Last player out, please turn the lights out!!!

Or punch the cnts lights out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:32 - Aug 9 with 1413 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 22:21 - Aug 9 by Loyal

Or punch the cnts lights out.

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 1303 viewsjack_lord

Asset strip away, strip away....Left with a SWAN CARCASS on 18:58 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

I do look. I always read him. I think he’s quite good, although a little simplistic.

With regard to your last question, I can explain a bit without giving away confidential info.

This year, our parachute means we will receive about £50m ish in total from the premier league (maybe up to £60m ish with other income streams) compared with £110m ish in previous years. Our last year wage bill took a big % of that income.

So we need to plug that gap. Some of the gap is plugged by relegation clauses in player contracts (most players have them, not all) reducing the wage bill. Some is plugged by selling players for a transfer fee, giving us lump sums. Some is plugged by reducing the wage bill through selling players on higher weekly wages, or by loaning them out so someone else pays their wages.

Once we’ve closed that gap as far as possible, we can see what’s left. What wages are left to cover, and if any further cash is needed to make sure we can get through the season.

It’s a juggling act, with a few moving parts.

So let’s say (this is simply an example) that we have a player with us on £50k, a player that we want that we think will cost £5m to buy (plus fees) and that player will be on £25k. Our gap closes by £25k per week on wages. And the gap also closes if we sell our player for an amount in excess of the £5m plus fees that we need to pay out. If we can’t get a fee, we still may choose to loan them just to get the £25k per week saving. Particularly if we think the value to the team is not worth the difference in money.

Think about our transfer business starting at minus £45m or £50m or so, and every time we buy someone, that figure gets bigger by the transfer, fees and wages, and every time we sell or loan someone out that figure gets smaller by the money received and wages saved and the figure also gets smaller with relegation clauses in contracts.

We won’t be at £nil yet.

Obviously we were previously able to buy players with the income. What was the gap between income and wages?
I would expect that, apart from Bony, all the hugely expensive earners have left (temporarily or sold) or on a relegation clause.
Is there any expectation of "championship" earnings and then what the gap between income and expenditure is going to be?
I would like to know as a fact, when someone like Bony is long term injured, are the wages covered by insurance?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024