Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A brilliant article about Potter 20:39 - Aug 2 with 2391 viewsMagic_Michu

I think we may have a special one!

‘There will be no quick fix for Swansea, who start their season at Sheffield United on Saturday, but that is all part of the appeal for Potter. “I’ve always been attracted to something that is about building and creating,” he says. “I’ve moved my family from an idyllic life in Sweden, so I didn’t come back just for a job. There had to be something where I thought: ‘If we can make this work, we can really do something special.’ And that’s what I want to do here.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/02/graham-potter-sweden-swansea-ma
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 20:41]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

A brilliant article about Potter on 20:43 - Aug 2 with 2359 viewsoldcob

I just hope he gets the backing from board and fans.
A brilliant article about Potter on 22:08 - Aug 2 with 2099 viewsLoyal

Stick with him no matter what. This is pretty much our real hope for the future.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

A brilliant article about Potter on 22:14 - Aug 2 with 2073 viewsOldjack

Trouble is most fans will not see the bigger picture

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

A brilliant article about Potter on 22:18 - Aug 2 with 2044 viewsLoyal

A brilliant article about Potter on 22:14 - Aug 2 by Oldjack

Good news is the time is never right for the fckrs to do anything other than criticise and do fck all.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

A brilliant article about Potter on 22:40 - Aug 2 with 1966 viewsomarjack

I have high hopes for Harry. But my fear is that things don't go very well by December and Huw does the usual Christmas sacking.

This project needs time..2-3 years or so for it to blossom imo.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

A brilliant article about Potter on 23:10 - Aug 2 with 1859 viewsSmellyplumz

Potter talks about the disconnect between players and fans but for me the much bigger problem we have is the massive disconnect between the fans and the New owners and the old board of lying cheating greedy scum.

I'm very interested in how potter plans to fix that!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

A brilliant article about Potter on 23:59 - Aug 2 with 1761 viewsawayjack

A brilliant article about Potter on 23:10 - Aug 2 by Smellyplumz

Potter talks about the disconnect between players and fans but for me the much bigger problem we have is the massive disconnect between the fans and the New owners and the old board of lying cheating greedy scum.

He's a smart bloke so aware he can do something about disconnect between players and fans but not much about how the fans distrust and despise the Board / Owners. He'd get superhero status if he could get the Greedy ones to resign.
A brilliant article about Potter on 05:52 - Aug 3 with 1601 viewsDr_Winston

My ironyometer just exploded.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

A brilliant article about Potter on 07:11 - Aug 3 with 1499 viewsItchySphincter

Yeah, some would be clamouring for a bunch of over paid exotic mercenaries and watch us get relegated with a whimper..........

Premier League at all costs see.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

A brilliant article about Potter on 08:20 - Aug 3 with 1379 viewsRevJames

A brilliant article about Potter on 23:59 - Aug 2 by awayjack

He's a smart bloke so aware he can do something about disconnect between players and fans but not much about how the fans distrust and despise the Board / Owners. He'd get superhero status if he could get the Greedy ones to resign.

Unless the structure and culture off the pitch changes, he's going to need a miracle to turn this around. Seven managers in as many years speaks volumes.

Massive respect though for giving up his role in Sweden
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 8:22]
A brilliant article about Potter on 09:34 - Aug 3 with 1255 viewswestwalesed

Swansea seems like a good fit for Potter, but he has a big job on his hands and already sees parallels with problems he inherited at Östersund. “I think the level of challenge is higher here, but I think if you can theorise it — it’s the same really. Identity has been lost, there’s no sort of trust, confidence is low and responsibility has been passed because of decision-making at a different level.”

His quote here sums up to me that he absolutely "gets" the issues at the Club.

I just really hope he gets time to build.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

A brilliant article about Potter on 10:12 - Aug 3 with 1190 viewsJack_y_Jwc

the curse of the guardian article - wasn't there something similar lauding Monk during his time here also

A brilliant article about Potter on 10:45 - Aug 3 with 1117 viewsLeonWasGod

A brilliant article about Potter on 23:10 - Aug 2 by Smellyplumz

He'll fix it by getting results on the pitch. Strangely enough the whinges stopped (mostly) when we had our good runs under Clement and Carlos. And then started again when we had our bad runs under Clement and Carlos.

For the vast majority, it really is that simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024