Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham 10:37 - Aug 3 with 5696 viewsBrynmill_Jack

https://talksport.com/football/efl/406201/championship-table-super-computer-pred

Talk sh*te have us down to finish tenth below the likes of Brentford , Villa and Preston this season. Now our transfer dealings have had to be slow for good reason and in that respect TS have every right to say that. Some of our own supporters think we might even be relegated but that's just plain bonkers.

I hope GP can get the lads to hit the ground running tomorrow and add wisely before the window shuts. Let's date to dream and get back to where we should (but for some disastrous recruitment) still be.
COYS !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 10:46 - Aug 3 with 4300 viewslifelong

If we go into the season with Carroll, Grimes and Fulton as our midfield I think we would be fortunate to finish 10th.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 10:50 - Aug 3 with 4280 viewsomarjack

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 10:46 - Aug 3 by lifelong

If we go into the season with Carroll, Grimes and Fulton as our midfield I think we would be fortunate to finish 10th.

But we won't

We're getting a new signing (Woods, Riedewald, Chirivella..)..and Fer will be fit a about a month or so..and we have Celina and Dhanda as attacking minded midfielders. Carroll hopefully will be a sub and Fulton and Grimes will only feature if we have an injury crisis..hopefully never.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 10:55 - Aug 3 with 4250 viewsdobjack2

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 10:50 - Aug 3 by omarjack

But we won't

We're getting a new signing (Woods, Riedewald, Chirivella..)..and Fer will be fit a about a month or so..and we have Celina and Dhanda as attacking minded midfielders. Carroll hopefully will be a sub and Fulton and Grimes will only feature if we have an injury crisis..hopefully never.

I’ll wait until the squad is finalised. At present we appear weak up front and in central midfield.

I have confidence in Potter and Macauley identifying the right players, hopefully we can get them here.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:03 - Aug 3 with 4216 viewsThornburyswan

I'd take 10th right now.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:05 - Aug 3 with 4206 views34dfgdf54

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 10:50 - Aug 3 by omarjack

But we won't

I think it's pretty much official Riedewald has turned us down. Woods I'm hoping we can push through, but I honestly think with Clucas going we need one more.

Despite the positivity of the last few days with incomings, if the transfer window closes and we are as we are, which by the way I don't expect, we will struggle in my opinion.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:07 - Aug 3 with 4187 views1983

Interesting they got Reading as relegated

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:07 - Aug 3 with 4187 viewsLeonWasGod

But we won't

Yeah, a bit early to be claiming all that. Those deals are far from completed.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:19 - Aug 3 with 4140 viewsvalleyboy

But we won't

I bet you wrote something similar in the past when Swansea brought in these other useless players and look in where that as left Swansea City
Login to get fewer ads

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:22 - Aug 3 with 4124 viewscostalotta

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:05 - Aug 3 by 34dfgdf54

I think it's pretty much official Riedewald has turned us down. Woods I'm hoping we can push through, but I honestly think with Clucas going we need one more.

Despite the positivity of the last few days with incomings, if the transfer window closes and we are as we are, which by the way I don't expect, we will struggle in my opinion.

Perhaps he’s had a word with his fellow country man VDH and got the inside track.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:26 - Aug 3 with 4104 viewsLeonWasGod

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:19 - Aug 3 by valleyboy

I bet you wrote something similar in the past when Swansea brought in these other useless players and look in where that as left Swansea City

Those players are all good enough at this level, most of them have proven that. Whether we can get them through the door and then get them playing well as part of a team is another question. The problem in the PL was that we sold or lost quality and didn't replace it with players who were good enough.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:27 - Aug 3 with 4100 viewsawayjack

The Championship is the hardest to predict with lots of suprises every year. No idea what variables the computer uses to calculate, but the top 6 looks logical if you look at the squads and players these clubs have bought.

To date we've got rid of many experienced players (12?) with rumours of a few more (Clucas /Ayew) and replaced them with 3-4 inexperienced kids. Exciting to see for the longer term but its experience typically needed to succeed in Championship.

Naturally is love us to be in top 6, but would settle for 10th based on our current squad. If we bring in 4-5 experienced players linked then maybe that'll nudge us higher. But we've all seen how we struggle to get 'linked' players over the line.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 13:21 - Aug 3 with 3837 viewspencoedjack

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:03 - Aug 3 by Thornburyswan

I'd take 10th right now.

Me as well as long as we play decent football
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 13:39 - Aug 3 with 3751 viewsvalleyboy

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:26 - Aug 3 by LeonWasGod

Those players are all good enough at this level, most of them have proven that. Whether we can get them through the door and then get them playing well as part of a team is another question. The problem in the PL was that we sold or lost quality and didn't replace it with players who were good enough.

So I presume you have seen them playing to come to that conclusion then???

Riedeweld is not interested in coming to Swansea

Chirivella has played a lot of football in the Championship, I don’t think so

The only one that’s a decent player that I have seen playing, is Woods. Somehow I can’t see him coming to Swansea as there are other clubs interested in him as well
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 16:39 - Aug 3 with 3595 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 13:39 - Aug 3 by valleyboy

So I presume you have seen them playing to come to that conclusion then???

Riedeweld is not interested in coming to Swansea

Chirivella has played a lot of football in the Championship, I don’t think so

The only one that’s a decent player that I have seen playing, is Woods. Somehow I can’t see him coming to Swansea as there are other clubs interested in him as well

Celina not good enough at Ipswich then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 16:52 - Aug 3 with 3536 views34dfgdf54

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:03 - Aug 3 by Thornburyswan

I'd take 10th right now.

Tenth would be a cracking season.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 16:52 - Aug 3 with 3533 viewsbluey_the_blue

Not sure what the problem is with the predicted 10th spot.

Bigger sides have struggled to promote back up the next season, 10th would be a good result, one that can be built upon.

Brentford? Bloody good side, at times ripped us apart - would be my favourites for promotion but for lack of a quality striker.

VIlla? Still have quality players, good squad, decent manager. They'll be there or there abouts.

Preston? Maybe you can quibble over that one.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 16:59 - Aug 3 with 3500 viewsMrSwerve

I don't think tenth is too unrealistic, nor offensive. Our confidence was shot at the end of last season, players have left, manager left...complete overhaul. Although this isn't necessarily a bad thing at all.

If things click this season with Potter (a complete unknown at this level) then I see no reason why playoffs aren't achievable. I think it's too difficult to predict at the moment. After 5 games we should have an idea where we're at. The Championship won't be the walk in the park that some think it'll be.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 18:47 - Aug 3 with 3367 viewsGowerjack

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 10:55 - Aug 3 by dobjack2

I’ll wait until the squad is finalised. At present we appear weak up front and in central midfield.

I have confidence in Potter and Macauley identifying the right players, hopefully we can get them here.

Do you have any faith in that cûnt Jenkins to get it right?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 18:51 - Aug 3 with 3358 viewsjasper_T

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 11:07 - Aug 3 by 1983

Interesting they got Reading as relegated

They almost went down last season and haven't torn up any trees this summer afaik. Reading fans I've spoken to are pretty pessimistic (one said his dream season would be finishing 22nd).
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 18:57 - Aug 3 with 3320 viewsPhil_S

If it takes a Talksport article to motivate the manager and the players then we have a real problem season ahead
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:03 - Aug 3 with 3302 viewsOldjack

Why would thinking that we may well get relegated again be bonkers ?, it's happened to a lot of clubs in the past ,and with us right now the signs are there,piss poor preseason ,our best are leaving ,and nowt of real note coming in ,our only saviour maybe the manager who has a fairly good track record with no hoper's

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:13 - Aug 3 with 3264 viewslifelong

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:03 - Aug 3 by Oldjack

Why would thinking that we may well get relegated again be bonkers ?, it's happened to a lot of clubs in the past ,and with us right now the signs are there,piss poor preseason ,our best are leaving ,and nowt of real note coming in ,our only saviour maybe the manager who has a fairly good track record with no hoper's

It’s been a strange week, a complete lack of confidence last week watching the pre season games, to a confidence boost this week regarding reports of some very good players coming in.
Just watched BBC Wales news who report that 13 players have gone and just 3 have come in, confidence has gone south again, our squad looks very weak.
A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:20 - Aug 3 with 3227 viewsFlashberryjack

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:13 - Aug 3 by lifelong

It’s been a strange week, a complete lack of confidence last week watching the pre season games, to a confidence boost this week regarding reports of some very good players coming in.
Just watched BBC Wales news who report that 13 players have gone and just 3 have come in, confidence has gone south again, our squad looks very weak.

Unless we strengthen our midfield with a bit of quality we'll be fortunate to finish mid table.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:21 - Aug 3 with 3228 viewsOldjack

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:13 - Aug 3 by lifelong

Get a good kicking tomorrow and you and i will be on suicide watch ,fluff chucker

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:26 - Aug 3 with 3192 viewsraynor94

A call to arms - pin this on the dressing room wall Graham on 19:21 - Aug 3 by Oldjack

Get a good kicking tomorrow and you and i will be on suicide watch ,fluff chucker

Will you be there tomorrow? You pulled out of Bramall last time we were in the Championship

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024