Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? 15:26 - Aug 3 with 1113 viewsswancity

In what position?

Always hope and optimism at this time of the year. But really? Best players leaving, no sign of adequate replacements, owners with bigger fish to fry elsewhere and without the passion or inclination to turn it around, there seems to be a suggestion that the Swans are on the way down the pan again?

Or not possibly?

My prediction? 16th and relative success as it will hopefully not involve a scrap at the bottom.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 15:30 - Aug 3 with 1101 viewsairedale

Where is the pie chart and multiple choice Qs mun?
Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 15:31 - Aug 3 with 1095 viewsandypitt56

I am expecting somewhere between 8-14th if we play some decent football I would be happy with that considering the huge turnover in players.
Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 15:45 - Aug 3 with 1059 viewsLeonWasGod

Absolutely no clue. There have been so many changes that there's no way to judge how prepared we are. In theory the players we have should be pretty decent for this league. VDH, Fed (if he stays), Amat, Naughts, Olsson, Carroll, Fer, Nath, Ollie should all be more than good enough individually. The new additions seem pretty good and certainly Championship standard. If Potter can get them playing well as a group, there's no reason why we can't do ok.

If there's an area of concern again for me, it would be goals. I'm not expecting Wilf to get fit, so it's pretty much down to Ollie at the moment. The new forwards will chip in, but they haven't been overly prolific in the past. Again, it all comes down to how Potter gets us playing as a group and whether we can get players in positions to be goal threats.
Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 23:39 - Aug 4 with 936 viewssmoulder

I think a top 6 position is doable....and anything can happen in the play offs......and today was a perfect start.
Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 23:42 - Aug 4 with 924 viewsRancid

7th or 8th
Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 23:51 - Aug 4 with 898 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 23:39 - Aug 4 by smoulder

I think a top 6 position is doable....and anything can happen in the play offs......and today was a perfect start.

If the blades quality is standard for the division then we should definitely be top 6 . Add Woods, Nmecha, possibly Oliver Norwood and get Bony back to his menacing best then top 2 will definitely be possible.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 23:55 - Aug 4 with 890 viewssmoulder

Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 23:51 - Aug 4 by Brynmill_Jack

If the blades quality is standard for the division then we should definitely be top 6 . Add Woods, Nmecha, possibly Oliver Norwood and get Bony back to his menacing best then top 2 will definitely be possible.

A fit Bony......would smash his way through this league.
WWhere will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 05:33 - Aug 5 with 799 viewssnork44

Where will Swans finish the 2018/19 season? on 23:42 - Aug 4 by Rancid

7th or 8th

I'd be well happy with 7th or 8th, a top six or automatic promotion position may be a bit too much to ask for, plus it may well be to early for a squad going through a transition period. But who knows we may well be dark horses and we could have a cracking season,it's an old cliche, but let's take one game at a time. Things don't look right at 'The Hawthorns' and they may well be the 'big team' that goes down, it is early yet , you get the feeling that West Brom are imploding !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024