Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver Norwood 16:15 - Aug 3 with 8554 viewsdna

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-swanse
Oliver Norwood on 18:04 - Aug 3 with 3110 viewsDippy

Oliver Norwood on 17:58 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Is League Two not "senior level" in your eyes? I'm just correcting your facts for you.

Connor has only played a handful of games in PL2 all told.

You're arguing into the abyss..

The gulf between League Two to the PL is huge.. this is why Forest Green Rovers don't win and stuff.

We have two senior fullbacks with depth at this level. Roberts is untested at this level.

Poll: Cooper Out

Oliver Norwood on 18:05 - Aug 3 with 3102 viewsBytholWyn

Is Norwood that though? In any event, Jonny Williams is a class act who's had terrible luck with injuries. At 24 he's still young and has plenty to offer. It's easy to forget that he was MOTM in his full debut for Wales against Croatia at the Liberty, and this in a game that featured Modric, Rakitic, Lovren, Mandjukic and Eduardo for the WC finalists. He is definitely a Swansea Way player in a way that the likes of Tom Carroll is not.
Oliver Norwood on 18:11 - Aug 3 with 3074 viewsLeonWasGod

Oliver Norwood on 17:41 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

Much the same as I have for much of it I suspect. I hadn’t realised we’d sold Bartley until a couple of days ago. And I certainly didn’t realise we’d sold him to West Brom.

Yep, I had a bit of time off tbh, after the depression of last season. Looking forward to it again now, but will miss the first couple of games as we're on holiday.
Oliver Norwood on 18:13 - Aug 3 with 3065 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Norwood on 18:05 - Aug 3 by BytholWyn

Is Norwood that though? In any event, Jonny Williams is a class act who's had terrible luck with injuries. At 24 he's still young and has plenty to offer. It's easy to forget that he was MOTM in his full debut for Wales against Croatia at the Liberty, and this in a game that featured Modric, Rakitic, Lovren, Mandjukic and Eduardo for the WC finalists. He is definitely a Swansea Way player in a way that the likes of Tom Carroll is not.

Absolutely no idea whatsoever what he’s like. None.

I have no idea how so many seem to have watched every player so extensively. Even those that rarely feature for their teams.

I only know Jonny Williams because I watch Wales. And I notice Welsh players when they are on TV for other teams or against us. Others. No clue.

It’s like this Woods bloke. I have absolutely no idea how everyone has watched Brentford so much.
Oliver Norwood on 18:20 - Aug 3 with 3012 viewsjasper_T

Oliver Norwood on 18:04 - Aug 3 by Dippy

You're arguing into the abyss..

The gulf between League Two to the PL is huge.. this is why Forest Green Rovers don't win and stuff.

We have two senior fullbacks with depth at this level. Roberts is untested at this level.

I was correcting what you typed in your original post.

I agree that the gulf between League Two and the Premier League is huge, but we're not playing in either this season. Connor was a standout in League Two, and did as good a job in the Premier League as most of our squad last season. He's a great option to have fighting for places in the starting lineup.

Teams in this division don't have two or three quality experienced options for every position. It's not realistic for the money available. We look in good shape at fullback compared to other Championship squads in my opinion.
Oliver Norwood on 18:22 - Aug 3 with 2999 viewsRuDeMan1970

Oliver Norwood on 18:13 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

I have no idea how so many seem to have watched every player so extensively. Even those that rarely feature for their teams.

I only know Jonny Williams because I watch Wales. And I notice Welsh players when they are on TV for other teams or against us. Others. No clue.

It’s like this Woods bloke. I have absolutely no idea how everyone has watched Brentford so much.

Agree with you Lisa. I love SCFC and footie in general but I'm nowhere near as clued-up as some of our other fans. They must do nothing in life apart from watch football. No offence intended to anyone, it just makes me laugh when Swans fans have such an in-depth knowledge of the like of that world-famous football club that is... BRENTFORD!!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Oliver Norwood on 18:26 - Aug 3 with 2977 viewsJango

The only story I’ve seen of naughton wanting out was literally straight after we got relegated. No quotes and no substance. Fernandez also seems happy to stay. 3 senior CBs plus Rodon or Harries isn’t that bad. I’d rather us spend majority of our money on another 2 or 3 players that fit straight in the first 11 than worry about cover. I can’t remember us having a great deal of cover when we were promoted. Finances don’t really allow it at this level.
Oliver Norwood on 18:47 - Aug 3 with 2910 viewsNeath_Jack

Oliver Norwood on 18:01 - Aug 3 by Magic_Michu

People have been saying all summer that Naughton wants out but I’ve never actually seen anywhere that he’s said that.

Any links?

I think it’s just wishful thinking.

Me neither.

Surprised at Lisa's comments to be honest, it's like something Darran would say. In fact, i'm sure he did say it straight after the last game of the season.

Unless of course she has been party to inside information.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Oliver Norwood on 18:53 - Aug 3 with 2861 viewsCooperman

You would be surprised at the level of amatuer scouting that goes on. We have one esteemed poster who is fully clued up on the South African and Swiss leagues no less.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 18:54]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Oliver Norwood on 19:11 - Aug 3 with 2801 viewsDippy

Oliver Norwood on 18:53 - Aug 3 by Cooperman

You would be surprised at the level of amatuer scouting that goes on. We have one esteemed poster who is fully clued up on the South African and Swiss leagues no less.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 18:54]

Keagan Dolly - saw him for Mamelodi Sundowns - at Montpellier
Elyounoussi - saw him for Molde - at Southampton
Augustinsson - saw him for Copenhagen - at Werder Bremen
Bailey - saw him for Genk - at Bayer Leverkusen
Varane- saw him at Lens - at Real Madrid
Griezmann - saw him at R.Sociedad when not pulling up trees - at A.Madrid
Salah - saw him at Basel - at Liverpool
De Bruyne- saw him at Gent - at Man City
Griffiths - saw him at Livingston - at Celtic
Ben Yedder - saw him at Toulouse- at Sevilla
Muriel- saw him for Colombia u20s - at Sevilla

Amateur.. how dare you!.. Leon Bailey is my pick to make that next leap.. very skilful.

Poll: Cooper Out

Oliver Norwood on 19:11 - Aug 3 with 2801 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Norwood on 18:47 - Aug 3 by Neath_Jack

Me neither.

Surprised at Lisa's comments to be honest, it's like something Darran would say. In fact, i'm sure he did say it straight after the last game of the season.

Unless of course she has been party to inside information.

Point of order. Darran would have said ‘f*ck him’.

I’ve read loads of times that he wants to play in the premier league. In fact, I laughed quite a lot when Warwick responded recently by saying that he did as well.

I quite like Naughton as it happens. If he does stay and gets his head down I think he’ll be a good player this year. I don’t think he was as bad last year as others did. I like him playing on the right of a central three in particular.
Oliver Norwood on 19:26 - Aug 3 with 2729 viewsomarjack

Oliver Norwood on 17:13 - Aug 3 by andypitt56

Omarjack has mentioned him a few times. I'm sire he will be happy! I don't know much about him.

That'd be Kerouac who is a fan of Norwood. Not me..but I'd still take him for 1.5 m obviously..anyone is better than Fulton and Grimes.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Oliver Norwood on 19:43 - Aug 3 with 2667 viewsNeath_Jack

Oliver Norwood on 19:11 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

Point of order. Darran would have said ‘f*ck him’.

I’ve read loads of times that he wants to play in the premier league. In fact, I laughed quite a lot when Warwick responded recently by saying that he did as well.

I quite like Naughton as it happens. If he does stay and gets his head down I think he’ll be a good player this year. I don’t think he was as bad last year as others did. I like him playing on the right of a central three in particular.

I'd be disappointing if any of our players didn't have the ambition to play in the Premier League to be honest.

I've not see any links to him saying he wants to leave us, are there any?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Oliver Norwood on 20:30 - Aug 3 with 2576 viewsBytholWyn

A very good point Lisa. I have no idea what Woods is like either, but at least the press reports are favourable, and he seems to tick some of the boxes for a Swansea Way player. Past history makes me more than a tad sceptical about claims made regarding prospective and new signings.

I distinctly remember when we signed Jack Cork that his suitability for our possession based style was trumpeted, and good all-round pro though he is, a Swansea Way player he never was - with a mediocre touch and passing ability. We need a Leon clone if we're to restore the Swansea Way - a technically excellent player, quick off the mark, great at spinning out of danger and laying on perfectly weighted and directed short passes to speed up the transition from defence to attack. Is Woods that player? I have no idea. Jonny Williams is more attacking, and would be more of a challenge to Celina initially, but I think he has the making of a Leon clone long-term.

On the Celina front, again I have no idea how good he is, but his record to date for Ipswich is a bit mixed at best, and I'm not impressed by the self-discipline of any player who celebrates a goal by pulling his shirt off. A project for Potter's man-management skills no doubt.
Oliver Norwood on 20:43 - Aug 3 with 2529 viewsDaggyjack

Oliver Norwood on 19:11 - Aug 3 by Dippy

Keagan Dolly - saw him for Mamelodi Sundowns - at Montpellier
Elyounoussi - saw him for Molde - at Southampton
Augustinsson - saw him for Copenhagen - at Werder Bremen
Bailey - saw him for Genk - at Bayer Leverkusen
Varane- saw him at Lens - at Real Madrid
Griezmann - saw him at R.Sociedad when not pulling up trees - at A.Madrid
Salah - saw him at Basel - at Liverpool
De Bruyne- saw him at Gent - at Man City
Griffiths - saw him at Livingston - at Celtic
Ben Yedder - saw him at Toulouse- at Sevilla
Muriel- saw him for Colombia u20s - at Sevilla

Amateur.. how dare you!.. Leon Bailey is my pick to make that next leap.. very skilful.

I remember seeing a young Cristiano Ronaldo at Athletico Madeira Under 9's whilst on holiday on the island once. He wasn't half a tricky player. I've often wondered what happened to him?
Oliver Norwood on 21:13 - Aug 3 with 2453 viewsomarjack

Oliver Norwood on 20:43 - Aug 3 by Daggyjack

I remember seeing a young Cristiano Ronaldo at Athletico Madeira Under 9's whilst on holiday on the island once. He wasn't half a tricky player. I've often wondered what happened to him?

He's a player/coach at Barnet.

Oliver Norwood on 23:50 - Aug 3 with 2280 viewsomarjack

How could you know who Ryan Woods is? tsk tsk Lisa..

Just google his profile on Transfermarkt and voila! If his value is high it means he's a good player.

Oh and maybe a 2 minutes Youtube video filmed with a potato with a dubstep background can help you know more about him.

Oliver Norwood on 00:54 - Aug 4 with 2211 viewsKingBony

Oliver Norwood on 17:42 - Aug 3 by BytholWyn

If we're going for a versatile CM I'd much rather we sign Jonny Williams. Had a good pre-season for Palace, but no sign that he features prominently in Hodgson's plans. It would be a risk signing him with his injury record, but at £1 million it would be a worthwhile risk as he's Premier League quality for sure. His performances for Wales have shown that. He could be the makeweight that makes the Jordan deal a goer.

He really isn’t PL standard.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Oliver Norwood on 07:12 - Aug 4 with 2079 viewsDaggyjack

Oliver Norwood on 21:13 - Aug 3 by omarjack

He's a player/coach at Barnet.

Thanks Omar, good to know that I can spot a player when I see one.
Oliver Norwood on 10:08 - Aug 12 with 1838 viewsSwansea93

Off to Sheffield Utd on loan.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Oliver Norwood on 21:15 - Aug 14 with 1466 viewshobo

Joined Sheffield United
Oliver Norwood on 21:17 - Aug 14 with 1450 viewsraynor94

Oliver Norwood on 21:15 - Aug 14 by hobo

Joined Sheffield United

There's an echo in here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Oliver Norwood on 21:22 - Aug 14 with 1397 viewshobo

Oliver Norwood on 21:17 - Aug 14 by raynor94

There's an echo in here

Ha didn't realise there was a 2nd page and saw no mention of it on the 1st