Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Division 2 19:51 - Aug 3 with 7587 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Reading v Derby

Let’s see what the championship is all about then
2 ex swans locking horns
Paul Clement football guru
Lamps loves the swans

Derby one of the favourites to go up .

1-3 Derby

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Division 2 on 20:11 - Aug 3 with 3529 viewsjasper_T

Derby look a mess.
Division 2 on 20:14 - Aug 3 with 3510 viewsPacemaker

I forgot Barrow was at Reading, still no end product but very quick.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Division 2 on 20:17 - Aug 3 with 3487 viewsicecoldjack

First 10 mins and it's everything I thought it would be. Plenty if pace and strength but a lack of quality at the right moments .

I have to say though, it looks 100 times more frantic than our recent dour dwelling on the ball football, derby are trying to pass it and I think we will be looking similar to them, ie, a team not comfortable on the ball, so we will need to be patient.

Nice to see some proper tackles going in too, our boys will be in for a shock !
Division 2 on 20:19 - Aug 3 with 3470 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Division 2 on 20:17 - Aug 3 by icecoldjack

First 10 mins and it's everything I thought it would be. Plenty if pace and strength but a lack of quality at the right moments .

I have to say though, it looks 100 times more frantic than our recent dour dwelling on the ball football, derby are trying to pass it and I think we will be looking similar to them, ie, a team not comfortable on the ball, so we will need to be patient.

Plenty of stray passes 😀

Division 2 on 20:21 - Aug 3 with 3445 viewshobo

Division 2 on 20:14 - Aug 3 by Pacemaker

Very good player. Had plenty of end product last season
Division 2 on 20:24 - Aug 3 with 3423 viewsicecoldjack

Division 2 on 20:19 - Aug 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

Plenty of stray passes 😀

Shades of the embryonic Martinez swans ! Derby trying to build it from the back but some of the players not quite up to it yet, I expect us to look similar under potter.

The worry, and it's the same here for derby, is that we have sold our only footballing centre half which leaves us with VDH and flaky Fernandez neither of which are comfortable on the ball, and they'll be playing with a new keeper too so it's gonna be interesting .

If we don't have a midfielder to drop and take the short pass I will expect a few clangers as they adapt to potters style.

Barrow is exactly the same as when here, so is Clement, his team are closing down well, shape ,shape, shape....
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 20:28]
Division 2 on 20:25 - Aug 3 with 3418 viewsFlashberryjack

Division 2 on 20:17 - Aug 3 by icecoldjack

"Nice to see some proper tackles going in too, our boys will be in for a shock"

Tom Carroll will handle it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Division 2 on 20:28 - Aug 3 with 3386 viewsJackBaston

Messy game isnt it
havent watched much championship football since we got promoted, has it always been this poor?
Login to get fewer ads

Division 2 on 20:29 - Aug 3 with 3373 viewsjasper_T

Division 2 on 20:28 - Aug 3 by JackBaston

Messy game isnt it
havent watched much championship football since we got promoted, has it always been this poor?

Yeah.
Division 2 on 20:29 - Aug 3 with 3361 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We’ll hopefully see some decent refs

Division 2 on 20:32 - Aug 3 with 3337 viewsJack_Kass

Make no mistake, this is shite to watch.

Reading have been tipped for the drop, Derby tipped for promotion, and they're both just shite as one another.

Get half our ducks in a row and we can piss a top 6 spot at least.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Division 2 on 20:33 - Aug 3 with 3334 viewslifelong

Neither side will keep this pace up, there’s a few blowing through their arse already, it could be an interesting second half.
Division 2 on 20:33 - Aug 3 with 3332 viewsOldjack

Clems has them playing positive football ,how strange ,he must have known what a really shit squad we had
Reading to win 2-0

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Division 2 on 20:34 - Aug 3 with 3326 viewsplasjack

Messy game isnt it

If you watched them up the road last season, then yes.
Division 2 on 20:34 - Aug 3 with 3318 viewsploppy

Just watched the first 20mins - absolute dross. Frantic it definitely is. Neither team can string a decent number of passes together. There's seems very little control of the ball. I don't mind energy but this is like a lot of dogs chasing a balloon.

I hope we'll slow it down when we play and accelerate when we need to - not all the feckin time. It's tiring just watching it. Crap.
Division 2 on 20:34 - Aug 3 with 3309 viewsicecoldjack

Messy game isnt it

TBH i think the premier league the last 3 yrs gas been approaching the same level, lower half of course, i think confidence and a good start is everything in this league but its clear to see that both sets of players are at least trying to play .

We will need to move the ball quick and accurate to cope with the running and physical attributes of other teams, it's going to be very interesting to see how potter does and if our players have the bottle to be brave on and off the ball, I have my reservations on some of our players, less so with potter, I think he has enough tools to cope seeing this.
Division 2 on 20:36 - Aug 3 with 3286 viewsCooperman

Division 2 on 20:14 - Aug 3 by Pacemaker

33 mins in and he’s just skinned yet another marker only to knock the final ball five yards too long.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Division 2 on 20:38 - Aug 3 with 3247 viewsexiledclaseboy

This is funny. “Oh this is so poor, woe is us”. F*cking hell boys we were in the top league for seven years. And we were shit for three of those. For most of all our lifetimes before that we spent our time watching the likes of Mutton, Newhouse and Mardenbrough. Football snobbery and Swansea City have no place alongside each other.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 20:40]

Poll: Tory leader

Division 2 on 20:39 - Aug 3 with 3243 viewsCooperman

Leroy Rosenior spoke very highly of Potter during the pre match discussion. Rosenior is a novice at playing pundit having recently retired but his words didn’t reek of unfounded nonsense.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Division 2 on 20:39 - Aug 3 with 3240 viewsploppy

Division 2 on 20:34 - Aug 3 by icecoldjack

TBH i think the premier league the last 3 yrs gas been approaching the same level, lower half of course, i think confidence and a good start is everything in this league but its clear to see that both sets of players are at least trying to play .

We will need to move the ball quick and accurate to cope with the running and physical attributes of other teams, it's going to be very interesting to see how potter does and if our players have the bottle to be brave on and off the ball, I have my reservations on some of our players, less so with potter, I think he has enough tools to cope seeing this.

Sorry, don't agree. The PL - even the bottom half - is much better than this.
Division 2 on 20:41 - Aug 3 with 3221 viewshobo

I doubt us v Sheff Utd is going to be much better tbh
Division 2 on 20:45 - Aug 3 with 3176 viewsploppy

Division 2 on 20:38 - Aug 3 by exiledclaseboy

This is funny. “Oh this is so poor, woe is us”. F*cking hell boys we were in the top league for seven years. And we were shit for three of those. For most of all our lifetimes before that we spent our time watching the likes of Mutton, Newhouse and Mardenbrough. Football snobbery and Swansea City have no place alongside each other.

Oh, that's alright then. My mistake. This is brilliant to watch - I hope we can play like this.
Division 2 on 20:46 - Aug 3 with 3171 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Division 2 on 20:33 - Aug 3 by Oldjack

Clems has them playing positive football ,how strange ,he must have known what a really shit squad we had
Reading to win 2-0

Well, Reading is at home. PC usually went completely negative when we were away.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Division 2 on 20:47 - Aug 3 with 3163 viewsicecoldjack

You forgot about Linton brown mun!
Division 2 on 20:47 - Aug 3 with 3161 viewsPacemaker

This attitude has been prevalent on this site ( and in the stadium) since 2013/14.

Some people have forgotten where we have been.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024