Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben stokes 11:52 - Aug 4 with 3223 viewsdickythorpe

Really putting it in for England. Still a way to go to emulate Flintoff but he's getting there!
The Curran brothers look very, very promising.
Ben stokes on 12:43 - Aug 5 with 1621 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ben stokes on 12:31 - Aug 5 by bluey_the_blue

So you didn't see the actual video then I presume? It's pretty damning.

Plenty of chances for it to have been over, Stokes continued after the guy throwing punches.

Yes I’ve seen the video as I’m sure will the court and jury.

Poll: Tory leader

Ben stokes on 13:55 - Aug 5 with 1595 viewsJack59

Ben stokes on 08:38 - Aug 5 by pikeypaul

Obviously you know nothing about cricket.

Most test matches do not last 5 days in the modern era.

Superb game and amazing entertainment.If you could not see that maybe best you not watch cricket.

Perfect pitch that offered a bit for both batting and bowling overhead cloud conditions swung the balance towards the bowlers.

Can't wait for Lords on Thursday.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 8:41]

Don't forget your fancy dress, and your cards with 6 and 4 on them to wave at the cameras when there's a boundary.
I played on average three games a week in the South Wales league, latter years in the West Wales league and for over twenty years in the Central league.
Unlike pro soccer players, professional cricketers in those days would regularly play for regional sides in the South Wales league if they were not required for a county fixture that day.
Even in the central league in Swansea the standard of opposition could be very high.
It was no fun facing County medium pacers at 80 mph in fading light at 9pm, with no sight screen, and it was long before helmets were considered necessary.
Most of the spectators for Glamorgan matches at St Helens in the sixties and seventies had considerable experience of playing the game.
Sadly most spectators now are attracted by the party atmosphere created by the marketing men. and the average reveller now has very little knowledge of the game, compared to the cricket followers in those days.
Ben stokes on 14:26 - Aug 5 with 1574 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ben stokes on 12:43 - Aug 5 by exiledclaseboy

Yes I’ve seen the video as I’m sure will the court and jury.

Of course they will at which point his claim of self-defence falls flat on it's face.
Ben stokes on 18:39 - Aug 5 with 1540 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ben stokes on 14:26 - Aug 5 by bluey_the_blue

Of course they will at which point his claim of self-defence falls flat on it's face.

How do you know his defence will hinge on self defence?

Ben stokes on 18:57 - Aug 5 with 1532 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ben stokes on 18:39 - Aug 5 by exiledclaseboy

How do you know his defence will hinge on self defence?

Well, what else is he going to claim? It wasn't him? it was his evil twin sister, Benita, in drag?

As he's pled not guilty of assault, the only reason he would be doing that is to go down the self-defence route.
Ben stokes on 19:07 - Aug 5 with 1527 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ben stokes on 18:57 - Aug 5 by bluey_the_blue

Well, what else is he going to claim? It wasn't him? it was his evil twin sister, Benita, in drag?

As he's pled not guilty of assault, the only reason he would be doing that is to go down the self-defence route.

He hasn’t been charged with assault.

Ben stokes on 19:20 - Aug 5 with 1523 viewstheloneranger

Ben stokes on 19:07 - Aug 5 by exiledclaseboy

Affray

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ben stokes on 19:24 - Aug 5 with 1518 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ben stokes on 19:07 - Aug 5 by exiledclaseboy

Apologies, affray not assault as someone else pointed out.

I applaud him for stepping in when someone else was being attacked. I'd like to think I'd also do that but until you're in that situation you never know. End of the day, he carried on with the situation looking for a fight, to that extent he did wrong and should be punished.

In reality, it'll be community service or something.
Login to get fewer ads

Ben stokes on 12:50 - Aug 14 with 1402 viewsexiledclaseboy

Rumpole of the Bluey strikes again.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 12:55]

Ben stokes on 12:57 - Aug 14 with 1387 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Not Guilty......any high profile trial reminds me of this.

[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 12:59]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ben stokes on 13:15 - Aug 14 with 1345 viewsWarwickHunt

Ben stokes on 14:26 - Aug 5 by bluey_the_blue

I sentence you to six months for apostrophe abuse.

Send him down!
Ben stokes on 13:26 - Aug 14 with 1320 viewsWarwickHunt

Ben stokes on 13:55 - Aug 5 by Jack59

Don't forget your fancy dress, and your cards with 6 and 4 on them to wave at the cameras when there's a boundary.
I played on average three games a week in the South Wales league, latter years in the West Wales league and for over twenty years in the Central league.
Unlike pro soccer players, professional cricketers in those days would regularly play for regional sides in the South Wales league if they were not required for a county fixture that day.
Even in the central league in Swansea the standard of opposition could be very high.
It was no fun facing County medium pacers at 80 mph in fading light at 9pm, with no sight screen, and it was long before helmets were considered necessary.
Most of the spectators for Glamorgan matches at St Helens in the sixties and seventies had considerable experience of playing the game.
Sadly most spectators now are attracted by the party atmosphere created by the marketing men. and the average reveller now has very little knowledge of the game, compared to the cricket followers in those days.

Great post. I can't remember ever playing beyond about 8pm though.

Faced Richard Doughty once who'd bowled Zaheer Abbas the previous week as part of a Pfeiffer for Surrey.
Got another 5 for not many against us bowling against a backdrop of trees (no sightscreen) with a red ball in the September evening gloom.

*Just looked him up - died this year aged 57! Christ...

Was second in the county bowling averages one year and described as "bustling medium pace". Quick enough for me, thanks.

RIP fella. Way too young.
Ben stokes on 13:44 - Aug 14 with 1300 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ben stokes on 12:50 - Aug 14 by exiledclaseboy

Further evidence jury trials should be abolished.
Ben stokes on 13:47 - Aug 14 with 1298 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Glad we had a balanced jury they found them both not guilty.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ben stokes on 17:01 - Aug 14 with 1241 viewspikeypaul

So Ben was not guilty all the time just goes to show the public only sees a fraction of what the jury does.

Any way now he's been proven innocent he's available for Trent Bridge on Saturday he makes the England team so much stronger.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Ben stokes on 17:47 - Aug 14 with 1216 viewspikeypaul

Ben stokes on 13:44 - Aug 14 by bluey_the_blue

Further evidence jury trials should be abolished.

Do you think they got it wrong?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Ben stokes on 18:25 - Aug 14 with 1180 viewsdickythorpe

Lesson hopefully learnt for Stokes. Stay out of trouble, don't put yourself in positions like that ever again.
Surely they have private function rooms /private suites/hotel bars? This keeps them safe from the degenerates that look for trouble with the "famous"

Ah well, needs to put it in on field now like he did a few weeks back.
Ben stokes on 18:31 - Aug 14 with 1178 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Ben stokes on 18:25 - Aug 14 by dickythorpe

Lesson hopefully learnt for Stokes. Stay out of trouble, don't put yourself in positions like that ever again.
Surely they have private function rooms /private suites/hotel bars? This keeps them safe from the degenerates that look for trouble with the "famous"

Ah well, needs to put it in on field now like he did a few weeks back.

Starting with his batting!

Ben stokes on 20:13 - Aug 14 with 1134 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ben stokes on 17:47 - Aug 14 by pikeypaul

Do you think they got it wrong?

Yes. I don't see how anyone can argue Stokes wasn't the aggressor based upon the cctv footage. The "I was protecting gay guys" argument wasn't even a good defence given ( somewhat surprisingly ) neither gave evidence either way. Going into detail about the amount he had to drink, couldn't remember bits didn't help either.

Equally, I think it was the wrong charge. Affray gives a defendent more leeway to play the "self-defence / feared for safety card" - even so, it's hard to argue Stokes was scared by someone walking away with their hands up.

If the charge was ABH or GBH then I think it would have been a different verdict.

On the wider point of jury service, I've done it twice. There were elements of people there who just wanted to get it over with, who didn't really seem to care if justice was done or not.
Ben stokes on 21:05 - Aug 14 with 1116 viewspikeypaul

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have also been on jury service twice and agree it's a nightmare.

The defendant in the 1st who was obviously guilty but ended up getting off even approached me a few months later and said he was guilty as sin I told him I know.

Ben stokes on 22:12 - Aug 14 with 1079 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ben stokes on 12:50 - Aug 14 by exiledclaseboy

F*cking hell how did he get away with that! Freemasonry strikes again is my guess...…………………..

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ben stokes on 22:25 - Aug 14 with 1068 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ben stokes on 12:57 - Aug 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

Not Guilty......any high profile trial reminds me of this.

[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 12:59]

A good lawyer always helps...………………………………….

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ben stokes on 22:33 - Aug 14 with 1050 viewsLoyal

He flicked a cigarette at a gay man, he was drunk in public, he threw five punches before being arrested.
He is a cnt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ben stokes on 00:25 - Aug 15 with 1025 viewstheloneranger

The CPS f*cked up!!

The first morning of the trial, the CPS wanted to add "Assault, Causing Actual Bodily Harm" to Stokes' charges, but the judge said they were too late.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 0:49]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ben stokes on 21:35 - Aug 15 with 925 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Ben stokes on 00:25 - Aug 15 by theloneranger

The CPS f*cked up!!

The first morning of the trial, the CPS wanted to add "Assault, Causing Actual Bodily Harm" to Stokes' charges, but the judge said they were too late.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 0:49]

How long did they have to prepare?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024