Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question for Tummer from Texas 22:44 - Aug 4 with 1358 viewsGlyn1

And also for any other US fans (are there any on this forum?).

How difficult for you was it watch the Swans now that we are no longer PL, how did you do it?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A question for Tummer from Texas on 23:55 - Aug 4 with 1257 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Cheers Glyn.

To watch the match today, I paid $49.99 yesterday for a one year subscription (plus 7 day free trial at the start) to ESPN+. They'll show a few Championship matches per week; I assume all the ones on Sky. I don't think they used the Sky feed, however; it was a single commentator who never introduced himself to the audience. (UK broadcast included Leon as the color guy, right?)

This week, ESPN+ is broadcasting:

Reading/Derby
Ipswich/Blackburn
Sheffield U/Swans
Leeds/Stoke
Hull/Aston Villa

So, it appears that they will show 1 of the 3 p.m. GMT Championship games on Saturdays, and most if not all of the ones at any other times, when there is only 1 game happening.

For the rest of the fixtures, and I assume/hope the cup ties, Americans can purchase the "SwansTV LIVE International Streaming Pass" at swanseacity.net which is $143 for the season or $19 for a month. I'll probably buy the season pass when our first fixture isn't on ESPN+, probably when we play PNE next Saturday.

So, it's a little pricey, but today was encouraging enough that I think the vast majority of the core American supporters will remain loyal viewers as we were in the PL days. I hope a lot of the fixtures make it to ESPN+; the commentary was good in spite of being just one guy, and the matches are immediately available for replay. Not sure how SwansTV will do replays.

About to watch it again, in fact!

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A question for Tummer from Texas on 00:41 - Aug 5 with 1201 viewsJacketJack

We're here and we're staying
A question for Tummer from Texas on 03:00 - Aug 5 with 1112 viewsSC_Swan

I used ESPN+ today as well and was very happy with it. I used the free trial just to see how the stream looked. The quality is definitely worth $5 a month. I'm planning on buying the SwansTV pass that the club is offering as well.

It's nice to have these options that weren't around the last time Swansea was in the Championship. I think I only got to see five or six matches in 2009-2010 and three of those were the playoffs and final.
A question for Tummer from Texas on 05:41 - Aug 5 with 1037 viewsphact0rri

I'm a dirty filthy criminal, and we'll leave it at that.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

A question for Tummer from Texas on 06:58 - Aug 5 with 978 viewsstAteSwan

I subscribed to ESPN+ in June as soon as we were relegated. I'll use that to watch as many games as I can. However I just can't reasonably justify the price for the Swans TV feed. The problem I face like many US fans is that we're going to have a lot of midweek matches this year, and the 7:45pm UK Start time is 1:45 for me, or right in the middle of the work day.

Reasonably I'd end up missing half the games the SwansTV pass would let me see. Club is going to offer replays for free 24 hours after the game, so I'll use that and ESPN+ and make it work for the season. Late in the season, if we're challenging for the playoff or promotion, I'd probably jump for a month pass to the Swans package that I can easily cancel.

It's not great, but I'll make it work.
A question for Tummer from Texas on 07:49 - Aug 5 with 922 viewsphact0rri

A question for Tummer from Texas on 06:58 - Aug 5 by stAteSwan

I subscribed to ESPN+ in June as soon as we were relegated. I'll use that to watch as many games as I can. However I just can't reasonably justify the price for the Swans TV feed. The problem I face like many US fans is that we're going to have a lot of midweek matches this year, and the 7:45pm UK Start time is 1:45 for me, or right in the middle of the work day.

Reasonably I'd end up missing half the games the SwansTV pass would let me see. Club is going to offer replays for free 24 hours after the game, so I'll use that and ESPN+ and make it work for the season. Late in the season, if we're challenging for the playoff or promotion, I'd probably jump for a month pass to the Swans package that I can easily cancel.

That was really my thinking too. I'll be at work on like 50% of of fixtures or something like that, and I'll probably just catch the radio commentary for most of those. So its a bit of hard to justify the 160 USD . I'd probably just do it anyway usually, if I didn't have my eye on keeping dosh back for the Rugby world cup.

I figure if there's a few weeks of matches I want to watch from home and no television options I'll probably go in for swans TV a few months out of the season.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

A question for Tummer from Texas (n/t) on 22:34 - Aug 6 with 698 viewsJacketJack

A question for Tummer from Texas on 06:58 - Aug 5 by stAteSwan

[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 22:35]
A question for Tummer from Texas on 22:46 - Aug 6 with 661 viewsKingBony

Fair play lads/lasses committed to the cause 👏🏻

I decided I wouldn’t be going back until things change at the club but one game in and I just can’t help myself.

Some really exciting football on Saturday, Celina, Mackay and Asoro look like they will cause anyone trouble and with Jeff like a new signing it just made me realise how much I’ve missed that type of play even if it is in the championship.

Come on you Swans

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Login to get fewer ads

A question for Tummer from Texas on 23:25 - Aug 6 with 625 viewsTecmo

A question for Tummer from Texas on 23:55 - Aug 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Cheers Glyn.

To watch the match today, I paid $49.99 yesterday for a one year subscription (plus 7 day free trial at the start) to ESPN+. They'll show a few Championship matches per week; I assume all the ones on Sky. I don't think they used the Sky feed, however; it was a single commentator who never introduced himself to the audience. (UK broadcast included Leon as the color guy, right?)

This week, ESPN+ is broadcasting:

Reading/Derby
Ipswich/Blackburn
Sheffield U/Swans
Leeds/Stoke
Hull/Aston Villa

So, it appears that they will show 1 of the 3 p.m. GMT Championship games on Saturdays, and most if not all of the ones at any other times, when there is only 1 game happening.

For the rest of the fixtures, and I assume/hope the cup ties, Americans can purchase the "SwansTV LIVE International Streaming Pass" at swanseacity.net which is $143 for the season or $19 for a month. I'll probably buy the season pass when our first fixture isn't on ESPN+, probably when we play PNE next Saturday.

So, it's a little pricey, but today was encouraging enough that I think the vast majority of the core American supporters will remain loyal viewers as we were in the PL days. I hope a lot of the fixtures make it to ESPN+; the commentary was good in spite of being just one guy, and the matches are immediately available for replay. Not sure how SwansTV will do replays.

About to watch it again, in fact!

Yep, pretty much this exactly. Not 100% on getting the Swansea TV pass but probably will. They went out and got the manager I wanted from the start, so I think they'll get the benefit of the doubt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024