Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. 23:48 - Aug 4 with 6047 viewsBrynCartwright

We all have favourite old TV programmes that sadly are no longer with us. What are your suggestions for those old gems that should be brought back to life?

These are 4 of mine...

1. Blockbusters
2. Shooting Stars
3. Bullseye
4. Treasure Hunt

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 15:22 - Aug 5 with 1174 viewsdickythorpe

We are the champions.
Cracker jack.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 15:22]
Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 15:45 - Aug 5 with 1161 viewsABERSWAN

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 13:03 - Aug 5 by Gowerjack

Bullseye.

Obviously.

Bullseye came back, Dave Spikey presented it.
Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 15:59 - Aug 5 with 1148 viewslifelong

The Highway Patrol.
The Lone Ranger.
The Fugitive.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 20:14]
Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 16:10 - Aug 5 with 1141 views1983

TFI Friday
Only fools and horses
The James Whale radio show

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 16:30 - Aug 5 with 1121 viewsNeath_Jack

CHIPS
That's Life
Tenko
One Summer

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 16:46 - Aug 5 with 1106 viewsjacktar

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 15:22 - Aug 5 by dickythorpe

We are the champions.
Cracker jack.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 15:22]

Crackerjack ............................. Double or drop.
You can have a cabbage for than one Dicky.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 17:03 - Aug 5 with 1091 viewsexiledclaseboy

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 14:18 - Aug 5 by Rogerstone

It aint half hot mum
Blakes 7
UFO

Blake’s 7 is a cracking shout. That would be superb updated with 21st century effects. Get it done.

Poll: Tory leader

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 17:05 - Aug 5 with 1089 viewsexiledclaseboy

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 16:30 - Aug 5 by Neath_Jack

CHIPS
That's Life
Tenko
One Summer

CHiPs was rebooted as a film a couple of years ago. It was crap, but enjoyable crap. At least I enjoyed it anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 17:07 - Aug 5 with 1085 viewsJackfath

Golden Balls.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 17:45 - Aug 5 with 1049 viewssherpajacob

The News.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 17:50 - Aug 5 with 1044 viewsdickythorpe

Pages from ceefax.

There used to be some funky music whilst it was on.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 17:51]
Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 18:10 - Aug 5 with 1024 viewsSwanjaxs

Mary Mungo and Midge

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 19:47 - Aug 5 with 960 viewsjack2jack

Well done, some absolute crackers there, bring em all back.
How's about.
The Professionals
The Persuaders
The Man from U.N.C.L.E
Tom and Jerry (The Fred Quimby ones).
Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:20 - Aug 5 with 916 viewsDDCH

Knightmare
Get Stuffed (weird cooking show on ITV nightclub when they first went 24 hour)

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:26 - Aug 5 with 912 viewsFlashberryjack

Til death do us part.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:27 - Aug 5 with 911 viewsexiledclaseboy

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:26 - Aug 5 by Flashberryjack

Til death do us part.

They rebooted that in the 90s.

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:33 - Aug 5 with 902 viewsShaky

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:27 - Aug 5 by exiledclaseboy

They rebooted that in the 90s.

The question is whether that show can ever be re-booted enough though?

I'd certainly we willing to boot it again and again.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:33 - Aug 5 with 901 viewsBrynCartwright

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:26 - Aug 5 by Flashberryjack

Til death do us part.

Love Thy Neighbour.

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:35 - Aug 5 with 894 viewsjack2jack

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:33 - Aug 5 by BrynCartwright

Love Thy Neighbour.

They'd never get away with that today.
Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:35 - Aug 5 with 895 viewsBrynCartwright

Til death do us part.

The Black and White Minstrel Show....

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:39 - Aug 5 with 889 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was waiting for this to turn into a “let’s name horribly offensive shows from darker times so we can show how un-PC we are” thread.

I’ve got one. Mind your Language. Let’s make that again so we can take the piss out of foreign people. Yay.

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:44 - Aug 5 with 881 viewsShaky

And who could forget the Dick Emery show.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:49 - Aug 5 with 873 viewsBrynCartwright

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:39 - Aug 5 by exiledclaseboy

I was waiting for this to turn into a “let’s name horribly offensive shows from darker times so we can show how un-PC we are” thread.

I’ve got one. Mind your Language. Let’s make that again so we can take the piss out of foreign people. Yay.

ECB...perhaps you miss the point. By mentioning the racist shows it actually highlights their existence in the first place, how different social norms were back then, how unfair and unjustified they were in gaining their preeminence in daily television schedules,and how completely unlikely it is that those shows would be remade.

The fact that those shows were actually made is funny in a macabre, unbelievable way. I am not condoning the at all.

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:58 - Aug 5 with 864 viewsjack2jack

The problem with remakes is, that the original cast members would not be in them, to me all the above mentioned shows were perfectly cast.
The one that springs to mind is Only Fools and Horses, perfect cast, sublime writing, anything else would just be make do, it probably wouldn't work, given the scale of the success of the original.And so it would be for other remakes imho.
Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 22:03 - Aug 5 with 861 viewsBrynCartwright

Defunct TV programmes that should be recommissioned. on 21:58 - Aug 5 by jack2jack

The problem with remakes is, that the original cast members would not be in them, to me all the above mentioned shows were perfectly cast.
The one that springs to mind is Only Fools and Horses, perfect cast, sublime writing, anything else would just be make do, it probably wouldn't work, given the scale of the success of the original.And so it would be for other remakes imho.

...which brings up TV remakes that would be destroyed by completely inappropriate cast members...just thought of one...

Blind Date with Paul O'Grady....

Oh....

Bollox

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024