Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The last time 11:01 - Aug 5 with 7579 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Who were the last team we went behind against before coming back to win?
The last time on 12:21 - Aug 8 with 632 viewsE20Jack

The last time on 12:20 - Aug 8 by jack247

Which Premier League players have I brought up?

''A good PL player will attract a lot of interest at £8m''.

That applies to them all doesn't it?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The last time on 12:43 - Aug 8 with 612 viewsjack247

The last time on 12:21 - Aug 8 by E20Jack

''A good PL player will attract a lot of interest at £8m''.

That applies to them all doesn't it?

I see what you mean. I haven’t actually brought any PL players up, just replied to your examples.

But yes, a good PL player available for £8m will attract a lot of interest. A player who has not yet become a good PL player may not (although all your examples were sold for more). A player with baggage (Shelvey) may not. Doesn’t mean they won’t attract a lot of interest at that price in the future.

Back to Sam Clucas. You have admitted that you don’t know if he is a good PL player because you haven’t seen him enough to judge. My opinion is that he is average at best and I think I have seen enough of him to judge, although I will admit he was in a poor team and often not in his best position. I think he has the potential to be, he showed it in flashes but nowhere near enough.

I also think that if he was already a good PL player, someone would have signed him, we don’t appear to be asking for a big transfer fee.
The last time on 12:51 - Aug 8 with 604 viewsE20Jack

The last time on 12:43 - Aug 8 by jack247

I see what you mean. I haven’t actually brought any PL players up, just replied to your examples.

But yes, a good PL player available for £8m will attract a lot of interest. A player who has not yet become a good PL player may not (although all your examples were sold for more). A player with baggage (Shelvey) may not. Doesn’t mean they won’t attract a lot of interest at that price in the future.

Back to Sam Clucas. You have admitted that you don’t know if he is a good PL player because you haven’t seen him enough to judge. My opinion is that he is average at best and I think I have seen enough of him to judge, although I will admit he was in a poor team and often not in his best position. I think he has the potential to be, he showed it in flashes but nowhere near enough.

I also think that if he was already a good PL player, someone would have signed him, we don’t appear to be asking for a big transfer fee.

Clucas has baggage in the sense he has been relegated twice. There are plenty of good PL players that are available for the 8m-10m mark that don't attract reems of interest. Leroy Fer and Fede Fernandez no doubt would be two others that come under that.

Nothing to admit, it was simply an answer to a question. By 'good' it means I would like him in our team, it is not a comparison to Premier League at all as they are all different and each one has a tonne of different variables, I don't subscribe to the fact there is a ''PL standard'' bar, if you play well there then you play well there.

Clucas played well for Hull but was in a bad team so hard to scope, I also think he played fairly well for us, but we were bad.

So obviously I don't agree with your assessment that if he was already a good PL player then someone would have signed him.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024