Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) 23:40 - Aug 5 with 9921 viewsTheResurrection

No, not long, hopeless balls pumped up top but built from back to front with superb precision.

The 2 goals we scored yesterday were up there with the best we ever scored during our halcyon days and I've been worried about Nordvelt but always said his distribution was streets ahead of Fab's.

Twice we went from him in goal to score and wow, the fast, free flowing football has arrived, just a season too late.

These highlights are a joy to watch -

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 23:37 - Aug 7 with 870 viewsDarran

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 23:36 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

Laudrup didn’t even play Bony regularly for the first month or so did he? Or am I not remembering that correctly? I’m sure people were calling him a waste of money early on and saying that Laudrup clearly didn’t fancy him.

Correct.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 00:39 - Aug 8 with 828 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 23:36 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

Laudrup didn’t even play Bony regularly for the first month or so did he? Or am I not remembering that correctly? I’m sure people were calling him a waste of money early on and saying that Laudrup clearly didn’t fancy him.

He couldn't 'not' play him after that Stoke game where we came back to two all and then they had that facking pen right at the end. Some of the aerial balls he won in that game were phenomenal.

Bony scored from a pull back, Shelvey I think. He may have had both, but anyway, he was a beast in that game.

Laudrup never looked back, but it took him pretty much until that game to feature properly for us.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 06:40 - Aug 8 with 770 viewsjack247

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 22:59 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

Wasn't really making an assumption, just stating facts. That one game was a return to FFF.

Obviously a long way to go and it's hard to know what we've beaten in Sheff United, especially after their trouncing tonight, but I wasn't going to leave all that come in between my enjoyment of it.

That is definitely a return to the type of football we love to watch. Potter has nailed his colours right to the mast. An attacking substitution late on at 1-1 in an away game where a point would have been a great result even drew gasps in the pub.

It’s not always going to be like that and teams are going to frustrate us at times, but at least we are going to set out to play good football and win games. There are going to be a range of emotions this season as always, but the one I’m not expecting and will be glad to see the back of, is boredom.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 06:57 - Aug 8 with 768 viewsKingBony

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 23:21 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

It's not definitive.

He said this also...

"It's not what we are about as a club," he says. "Just going out and signing a player that scores 33 goals in Holland, anybody can do that. Just pick the paper up every weekend and there's your top goalscorer. I think our strength is to find players who are not quite tipping the mark somewhere else and making sure that, when they get consistency and a proper structure of playing, they come here and do well. We can't lose sight that's where we've built our club from."

It doesn't mean that's what we did necessarily, and he was trying to temper the fans expectation going forward that we are not the type of Club that poaches top scorers from their respective leagues and pays top dollar for them. He was just saying (or bragging) that we did things differently.

But anyway, regardless of this, we know Bony wasn't a Laudrup signing, so who gets the credit for this, De Telegraaf??

Agree and this is where things changed isn’t it?

I can’t remember exactly where it stared but did we just start signing players (on Bosmans) or otherwise on massive wages and move away from that philosophy?

I mean it’s fine bringing in players for free and selling for profit but not if we absolutely smash our wage structure and piss all the others off.

Did we start doing this with or without the Americans?, I can’t remember - either way it’s cost us.

Btw I’d never question who was responsible for some of our great signings, especially early on. But equally I think when you sign a duffer for a couple of hundred grand it’s never going to be as noticeable as multi million pound cock up. Jenkins does not have most of my anger for this reason and some of his success in the transfer market has been incredible. Whether he should have been making the signings is another matter, but I don’t understand people’s attitude on this point in the main as his good more than cancels out his bad IMO.

Nice to respond to a sensible post.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:04 - Aug 8 with 766 viewsDr_Winston

Bony only started playing every game after Michu got injured. Before that he was in and out of the side yet was still a consistent goalscorer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:52 - Aug 8 with 719 viewsjacksfullaces

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 22:59 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

Wasn't really making an assumption, just stating facts. That one game was a return to FFF.

Obviously a long way to go and it's hard to know what we've beaten in Sheff United, especially after their trouncing tonight, but I wasn't going to leave all that come in between my enjoyment of it.

fair enough, and me and my boy fully enjoyed it too.

your consistency and clarity merits a response. cheers.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:14 - Aug 8 with 697 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 06:57 - Aug 8 by KingBony

Agree and this is where things changed isn’t it?

I can’t remember exactly where it stared but did we just start signing players (on Bosmans) or otherwise on massive wages and move away from that philosophy?

I mean it’s fine bringing in players for free and selling for profit but not if we absolutely smash our wage structure and piss all the others off.

Did we start doing this with or without the Americans?, I can’t remember - either way it’s cost us.

Btw I’d never question who was responsible for some of our great signings, especially early on. But equally I think when you sign a duffer for a couple of hundred grand it’s never going to be as noticeable as multi million pound cock up. Jenkins does not have most of my anger for this reason and some of his success in the transfer market has been incredible. Whether he should have been making the signings is another matter, but I don’t understand people’s attitude on this point in the main as his good more than cancels out his bad IMO.

Nice to respond to a sensible post.

I'd say it started pretty much with Bony. Our previous record signing was Pablo at around 5m. Signing Bony was a real game changer and he would've been top earner at the time if you ask me.

The club perhaps thought they could change tack a little bit from what Jenkins was bragging about in my quote a few posts ago and that the theoretical bigger transfer players would pay dividends to us, especially if we got them for nothing, if you know what I mean.

Shakey mentioned two examples, Bafi and Andre Ayew, but we had had a bid accepted for Gomis when we signed Bony, but perhaps by the time he did come here he was on a free and his wage demands went up. We probably thought we could absorb these costs without the higher up front fee.

We were also quite worried at the time as Bony would've been getting interest from elsewhere.

I personally think they found it really tough to continue with what Jenkins was bragging about and I also think it got much harder the longer we were in the EPL, we couldn't just rock up at club's trying to pinch their talented players for next to nothing. Clubs would've wanted a bit of our established EPL money.

It's a constant battle being a small club in the EPL, people conveniently forget this. Hearing comments like 'it was harder to fack it up' are amongst the most pathetic written on this site.

And yes, nice to reply without the Bullshit 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024