Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 12:24 - Aug 6 with 43604 viewsSWANSEYE

BREAKING NEWS on SKY NOW . . .
Sam Clucas’ proposed move from Swansea to Burnley has fallen through, Sky Sports News understands.
An £8m move had been agreed between the two clubs, but the player has failed to agree personal terms.

He obviously went for the money and it's backfired so now we should surely back the Manager and go and get Woods anyway as he looks a quality player. i still we need another Striker too as we need firepower this Season as it will make all the difference to where we end up .
Clucas on 14:51 - Aug 6 with 3077 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 14:13 - Aug 6 by angryjack

Yes but unlike us they know when the being screwed over and won't have it

There's a lot to be said for a club wage cap and I'd say that's probably a regret from the old Board that we veered away from it.

Because as soon as you do that you'll lose that unity and it will encourage the bigger ego's to take the piss.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clucas on 14:56 - Aug 6 with 3041 viewslonglostjack

Clucas on 14:51 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

There's a lot to be said for a club wage cap and I'd say that's probably a regret from the old Board that we veered away from it.

Because as soon as you do that you'll lose that unity and it will encourage the bigger ego's to take the piss.

This

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Clucas on 15:00 - Aug 6 with 2986 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 14:51 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

Yep.

As I said before, the Laudrup era did that. Broke the wage structure, broke the financial philosophy of the club and also brought an element of personal greed into it which utterly poisoned the well.

We went from just happy to be there to expecting mid table finishes. With that expectation comes a price, they spiralled and we ended up being forced into worse and worse situations.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clucas on 15:01 - Aug 6 with 2979 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 14:24 - Aug 6 by WarwickHunt

They bid £5m last August and doubled it soon after. They walked away at £10m.

Sensible.

There were enough reports of 12m last season but anyway, 10m12m who gives a toss. There were a good few other clubs interested as well, so it was seen in the football world as a bit of coup, not the transfer price but the signing itself.

And who knows what may have come of it if our fans didn't try and hound him out of all his early games

Mate, I literally can't be doing with all this childish shit.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Clucas on 15:03 - Aug 6 with 2965 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 15:00 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

Yep.

As I said before, the Laudrup era did that. Broke the wage structure, broke the financial philosophy of the club and also brought an element of personal greed into it which utterly poisoned the well.

We went from just happy to be there to expecting mid table finishes. With that expectation comes a price, they spiralled and we ended up being forced into worse and worse situations.

How did Laudrup break the wage structure??
Clucas on 15:04 - Aug 6 with 2959 viewsLoyal

I wish the useless cnt would just fck off.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clucas on 15:07 - Aug 6 with 2917 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 15:03 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

Tutu

Clucas on 15:08 - Aug 6 with 2902 viewsLoyal

Clucas on 15:07 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

Tutu

Desmond?
Gets the blame everything mun.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 15:09 - Aug 6 with 2896 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 15:07 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

Tutu

Players wages in general were all generally low I thought?

I thought Tutu made money on the transfer amounts etc?
Clucas on 15:16 - Aug 6 with 2819 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 15:03 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

We went from a large group of modestly paid players to a small group of highly paid players. It was a short term thing. Once we reverted back to a larger more manageable squad they were wildly out of synch.

Clucas on 15:19 - Aug 6 with 2799 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 15:16 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

We went from a large group of modestly paid players to a small group of highly paid players. It was a short term thing. Once we reverted back to a larger more manageable squad they were wildly out of synch.

Who were the high earners?
Clucas on 15:19 - Aug 6 with 2792 viewsWarwickHunt

Clucas on 15:01 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

There were enough reports of 12m last season but anyway, 10m12m who gives a toss. There were a good few other clubs interested as well, so it was seen in the football world as a bit of coup, not the transfer price but the signing itself.

And who knows what may have come of it if our fans didn't try and hound him out of all his early games

Clucas on 15:20 - Aug 6 with 2778 viewsKerouac

Clucas on 15:16 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

Total bullsh*t.

If you were a Mr. Man you'd be 'Mr. Tedious'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Clucas on 15:25 - Aug 6 with 2724 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 15:19 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

Who were the high earners?

Michu was on 40k plus 5k win bonus. Bony similar from memory. Ash was knocking on the door not long after.

This was after Danny Graham was our highest earner who was barely taking 20k.

This was 7 years ago so feel free to correct any slight differences in salary. But this is roughly correct.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 15:26]

Clucas on 15:33 - Aug 6 with 2676 viewsangryjack

Clucas on 15:25 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

Michu was on 40k plus 5k win bonus. Bony similar from memory. Ash was knocking on the door not long after.

This was after Danny Graham was our highest earner who was barely taking 20k.

This was 7 years ago so feel free to correct any slight differences in salary. But this is roughly correct.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 15:26]

Michu was worth every penny that ginger t wat ain't worth a tenth of that
Clucas on 15:35 - Aug 6 with 2639 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 15:33 - Aug 6 by angryjack

Michu was worth every penny that ginger t wat ain't worth a tenth of that

Whether he was worth it or not is besides the point.

As soon as you start veering away from a pre set wage structure then it is nigh on impossible to return to it without suffering a relegation reset first.

Clucas on 15:49 - Aug 6 with 2520 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Clucas could be useful as a backup to McBurnie until a striker is signed. He can also offer a good option out wide when some height on the wings is required. His long strides and rather unimpressive close control don't make him a good player in the central midfield anyway.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 15:50]

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Clucas on 15:52 - Aug 6 with 2492 viewsSwanjaxs

Clucas on 15:49 - Aug 6 by bringbacklaudrup

Clucas could be useful as a backup to McBurnie until a striker is signed. He can also offer a good option out wide when some height on the wings is required. His long strides and rather unimpressive close control don't make him a good player in the central midfield anyway.

And left back too, in fact didn't he score against Arsenal at the Emirates last season whilst playing in that position?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Clucas on 16:10 - Aug 6 with 2400 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Regardless of Clucas' destination, the modus operandi of Swansea must change under Potter, and Potter's hire itself should have been indicative of this. This modus operandi centres on making the current players as good as they can be before looking outside the club for ways to improve the squad. And so far, most of the players seem to be responding well. Almost all players can improve drastically with improved fitness and better team play.

Clucas on 16:17 - Aug 6 with 2360 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clucas on 16:10 - Aug 6 by bringbacklaudrup

Regardless of Clucas' destination, the modus operandi of Swansea must change under Potter, and Potter's hire itself should have been indicative of this. This modus operandi centres on making the current players as good as they can be before looking outside the club for ways to improve the squad. And so far, most of the players seem to be responding well. Almost all players can improve drastically with improved fitness and better team play.

But that happens most of the time under a new Manager (New Manager Bounce) and then falls apart when the pressure gets intense and there are no back up players of good enough quality to rest those suffering.
Clucas on 16:27 - Aug 6 with 2269 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Clucas on 16:17 - Aug 6 by A_Fans_Dad

But that happens most of the time under a new Manager (New Manager Bounce) and then falls apart when the pressure gets intense and there are no back up players of good enough quality to rest those suffering.

Depends on when the new manager arrives. Fitness cannot be drastically improved midseason. The only recent hires that have enjoyed preseason are Guidolin and Potter. The performances under Guidolin were mostly good. And given the circumstances, the ones under Potter have also been as good as can be reasonably expected.

Clucas on 16:52 - Aug 6 with 2088 viewswaynekerr55

Clucas on 12:57 - Aug 6 by WarwickHunt

The same person who paid massively over the odds for him.

£8m now, eh? FFS.

Didn't some genius on here say he'd keep his value?

The same person who's the only candidate to be chairman

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Clucas on 16:58 - Aug 6 with 2030 viewsawayjack

Clucas on 15:49 - Aug 6 by bringbacklaudrup

Clucas as a striker - seriously?
Clucas on 17:05 - Aug 6 with 1964 viewsWarwickHunt

Clucas on 16:58 - Aug 6 by awayjack

Clucas as a striker - seriously?

Innit. Not sure when height would be required on the wing either...
Clucas on 17:13 - Aug 6 with 1915 viewspencoedjack

Clucas on 15:01 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

‘Seen in the footballing world as a bit of a coup’

Fair do’s that made me smile
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024