Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 12:24 - Aug 6 with 43576 viewsSWANSEYE

BREAKING NEWS on SKY NOW . . .
Sam Clucas’ proposed move from Swansea to Burnley has fallen through, Sky Sports News understands.
An £8m move had been agreed between the two clubs, but the player has failed to agree personal terms.

He obviously went for the money and it's backfired so now we should surely back the Manager and go and get Woods anyway as he looks a quality player. i still we need another Striker too as we need firepower this Season as it will make all the difference to where we end up .
Clucas on 23:23 - Aug 6 with 3503 viewsKingBony

Clucas on 23:10 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

£25,000 x 52 = £1.3m

Less majority on 45% Tax @ £585,000

= £715,000

Less NI and other deductions I'm guessing it wouldn't be far off numbnuts
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 23:14]

You can guess whatever you want you fckin plum, I wasn’t asking you - thanks for confirming it was around £100k out though 👍

So he’s earnt c1.3 after tax in 3 seasons with us and Hull (that’s if the assumptions are correct - it’s probably more with signing on fees and bonuses more than cancelling out other deductions.

So that will be more than most people earn in 50 years, so you’ll excuse me if I don’t give a fcuk.

Why don’t you spend some more time persuading everyone about Jenkins being the messiah and selling our best chances of staying in the premier league “numbnuts” indeed

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Clucas on 00:08 - Aug 7 with 3391 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 23:23 - Aug 6 by KingBony

You can guess whatever you want you fckin plum, I wasn’t asking you - thanks for confirming it was around £100k out though 👍

So he’s earnt c1.3 after tax in 3 seasons with us and Hull (that’s if the assumptions are correct - it’s probably more with signing on fees and bonuses more than cancelling out other deductions.

So that will be more than most people earn in 50 years, so you’ll excuse me if I don’t give a fcuk.

Why don’t you spend some more time persuading everyone about Jenkins being the messiah and selling our best chances of staying in the premier league “numbnuts” indeed

Thick as two short planks

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clucas on 00:46 - Aug 7 with 3315 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 23:23 - Aug 6 by KingBony

I didn't take anything off.

It was a pretty accurate guess in order to make a point, I didn't realise you wanted it to the pound.

He would have to pay his agent around 7.5% of his salary too you seem to be forgetting.

(Hull were not in the PL for 3 years so he wont have earned anywhere near that).
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 1:27]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clucas on 05:20 - Aug 7 with 3202 viewsicecoldjack

Clucas on 22:18 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

He is 28. Came into football late.

Only played at the top level for the last couple of years where he was among the lowest paid in the PL at 7.5k a week. For the last 12 months he was earning 25k a week with us.

If he moves somewhere now it will probably be his last move as a player at prime age before essentially retiring in maybe 5 years time. If you wouldn’t be making sure you can sort yourself and you’re family out for life in the last few years then you are a liar.

And the best way to ensure that is by playing at the highest league not the championship !

Let's be clear, nowhere does it say he's been offered less than his money here, so it's a greed issue and nothing else .

The reason he's been earning 7k a week is because that's what he's worth ! He should have been on the same wages here instead of the 20-25k a week he already earns .

Burnley is a good move for him, he obviously thinks he won the lottery with us though, and shows what Sam thinks of his own ability .
Clucas on 06:14 - Aug 7 with 3157 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 05:20 - Aug 7 by icecoldjack

And the best way to ensure that is by playing at the highest league not the championship !

Let's be clear, nowhere does it say he's been offered less than his money here, so it's a greed issue and nothing else .

The reason he's been earning 7k a week is because that's what he's worth ! He should have been on the same wages here instead of the 20-25k a week he already earns .

Burnley is a good move for him, he obviously thinks he won the lottery with us though, and shows what Sam thinks of his own ability .

Not really.

If they are only offering him the same he is on now, then he may rather stay and get promotion bonuses and potentially a new contract here rather than signing over the next 4 years, and best playing years of his career for a sideways move financially.

If I had one more major move left in my career. I would make sure it was a good one and well worth taking. This doesn’t sound like it was.

That’s rubbish about being “worth 7k a week”. He was one of their better players, he should have been one of their better earners. Hence he left.

He has a short time to make hay while the sun shines, more power to him. He’s a good player too, I much prefer he stay than sell for £8m so a good win for us in my view.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 6:15]

Clucas on 06:34 - Aug 7 with 3119 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Clucas on 06:14 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

Not really.

If they are only offering him the same he is on now, then he may rather stay and get promotion bonuses and potentially a new contract here rather than signing over the next 4 years, and best playing years of his career for a sideways move financially.

If I had one more major move left in my career. I would make sure it was a good one and well worth taking. This doesn’t sound like it was.

That’s rubbish about being “worth 7k a week”. He was one of their better players, he should have been one of their better earners. Hence he left.

He has a short time to make hay while the sun shines, more power to him. He’s a good player too, I much prefer he stay than sell for £8m so a good win for us in my view.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 6:15]

As long as it doesn't cost us Woods, I agree with that last sentence.

That is all contingent on the ambition and commitment of our ownership though, and doesn't reflect on Clucas either way.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Clucas on 06:42 - Aug 7 with 3090 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 06:34 - Aug 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

As long as it doesn't cost us Woods, I agree with that last sentence.

That is all contingent on the ambition and commitment of our ownership though, and doesn't reflect on Clucas either way.

I have never seen Woods play in order to comment.

I would imagine the vast majority here and seen little to nothing of him too. I can’t imagine too many people settle down to watch Brentford or Shrewsbury play regularly. Here will be exceptions of course.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 6:45]

Clucas on 06:55 - Aug 7 with 3059 viewsWAFU

Gutted if he doesn’t go
Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 07:19 - Aug 7 with 2982 viewsSWANSEYE

If Clucas stays I would still like to see Woods arrive and add to the Midfield with Fer and Montero plus Besant I think we could have both a creative and productive Engine Rooom
Clucas on 07:22 - Aug 7 with 2965 viewsSWANSEYE

Clucas on 07:19 - Aug 7 by SWANSEYE

If Clucas stays I would still like to see Woods arrive and add to the Midfield with Fer and Montero plus Besant I think we could have both a creative and productive Engine Rooom

I didn't mean that Clucas would be in the side as the other spot would go to Mckay in my book so it would be Montero, Besant , Woods, Mckay and either Fer or Clucas
Clucas on 08:12 - Aug 7 with 2835 viewsDaggyjack

If we need to sell a midfielder to bring in Woods, I'd rather sell Fulton.
As much as he annoys me, there is a tidy player in Clucas somewhere, especially in the EFL.
Clucas on 08:14 - Aug 7 with 2829 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 08:12 - Aug 7 by Daggyjack

If we need to sell a midfielder to bring in Woods, I'd rather sell Fulton.
As much as he annoys me, there is a tidy player in Clucas somewhere, especially in the EFL.

Fulton wont bring in the funds needed though.
Clucas on 08:19 - Aug 7 with 2803 viewsDaggyjack

Clucas on 08:14 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

Fulton wont bring in the funds needed though.

Is it about funds or wages?
We've made a few quid already this window from Mawson, Mesa, Bartley, Fabianski plus loan fees.
If we sell Fulton for £2 million and buy Woods for £7 million, surely for the sake of a few more million, we would be hugely more competitive in midfield?
The chances are that one or two of Ayew, Naughton, Routledge and Clucas will be gone by Thursday. Let's not wait until the last minute then probably lose out. Just buy Woods and James now and it will have been a very good window.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 8:23]
Clucas on 08:27 - Aug 7 with 2759 viewsMorfa_Same

Clucas on 06:55 - Aug 7 by WAFU

Gutted if he doesn’t go

This.

Wales Online reckon a deal for Woods is "broadly in place" and is just waiting for Clucas to phuck off.

We desperately need him gone.
Clucas on 10:01 - Aug 7 with 2591 viewsomarjack

The only way for this to work out is if we shave off a couple of millions and accept 6 m for him..Burnley can offer these 2 m to Clucas in wages and tada..

And with this 6 m we can sign woods..who is likely to have smaller wages and he's the better player (according to many of you, not my own opinion)..so it should be a win/win for all parties involved.

As for Fulton..we can't afford to let him go tbh..who's going to back Woods or whoever we sign up in case of emergency? Grimes? I'd rather keep Fulton. if we let him go we won't get more than 1 m anyway..Reading are broke.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 10:02]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Clucas on 10:50 - Aug 7 with 2476 viewswaynekerr55

Clucas on 08:27 - Aug 7 by Morfa_Same

This.

Wales Online reckon a deal for Woods is "broadly in place" and is just waiting for Clucas to phuck off.

We desperately need him gone.

Another Jenkins master stroke

Thank fück his wings have been clipped with regards player recruitment

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Clucas on 11:18 - Aug 7 with 2341 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 08:19 - Aug 7 by Daggyjack

We've made a few quid already this window from Mawson, Mesa, Bartley, Fabianski plus loan fees.
If we sell Fulton for £2 million and buy Woods for £7 million, surely for the sake of a few more million, we would be hugely more competitive in midfield?
The chances are that one or two of Ayew, Naughton, Routledge and Clucas will be gone by Thursday. Let's not wait until the last minute then probably lose out. Just buy Woods and James now and it will have been a very good window.

We haven't made a few quid.

It's easy enough spending other people's money isn't it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Clucas on 11:20 - Aug 7 with 2330 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 10:50 - Aug 7 by waynekerr55

Another Jenkins master stroke

Thank fück his wings have been clipped with regards player recruitment

So.Facking.Boring

Clucas on 11:26 - Aug 7 with 2281 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 08:19 - Aug 7 by Daggyjack

I explained the issue yesterday.

We started with minus £50m ish and have to plug that to even get to £nil.

As an aside. Not entirely certain why people are assuming Clucas is on £25k per week.

People should remember he was our record signing (until Ayew brought back) so why they think he was not compensated at least vaguely commensurate with that I have no idea.
Clucas on 11:35 - Aug 7 with 2221 viewsomarjack

Clucas on 11:26 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

As an aside. Not entirely certain why people are assuming Clucas is on £25k per week.

People should remember he was our record signing (until Ayew brought back) so why they think he was not compensated at least vaguely commensurate with that I have no idea.

Clucas spent most of his career at the championship and below. Hull have a 25k/wk cap I think..and that's only for their top earners like Abel Hernandez for example. I don't think Clucas was paid more than 15k/w over there.

It'd be madness to offer him more than 35k/wk with a 50% wage cut in case of relegation.

But knowing how he turned his nose up at Burnley..it's probable that we're paying him around 30-35k/wk now in the championship..And Burnley could only match that (they have a 35k/wk cap)..which explains why he's staying with us. So I assume we were paying him 50-55k/wk in the PL.

Madness.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Clucas on 11:40 - Aug 7 with 2171 viewshobo

Clucas on 11:26 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

He was on less than 10k at Hull. You don't sign someone and give them a 500% increase in wages. £25k sounds like the more realistic amount. He'd probably have a relegation clause chucked in too. We need to get rid not because for financial reasons, but to make way in the squad for Woods.
Clucas on 11:42 - Aug 7 with 2159 viewsDaggyjack

Clucas on 11:18 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

We haven't made a few quid.

It's easy enough spending other people's money isn't it.

Great reply as ever from The Res.
Clucas on 11:45 - Aug 7 with 2140 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 11:40 - Aug 7 by hobo

He was on less than 10k at Hull. You don't sign someone and give them a 500% increase in wages. £25k sounds like the more realistic amount. He'd probably have a relegation clause chucked in too. We need to get rid not because for financial reasons, but to make way in the squad for Woods.

Not sure what £25k is ‘more realistic than’. I just said don’t know why people think he’s on that.

Someone makes up a figure and it then gets treated as fact.
Clucas on 11:50 - Aug 7 with 2092 viewsjasper_T

Clucas on 11:40 - Aug 7 by hobo

He signed his last deal with Hull after their promotion season and making his Premier League debut.

I'd be surprised if he was still on his original Championship wage at that point tbh. His stock was pretty high.
Clucas on 12:01 - Aug 7 with 2029 viewsBobbyBacala

Clucas on 11:45 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

Not sure what £25k is ‘more realistic than’. I just said don’t know why people think he’s on that.

Someone makes up a figure and it then gets treated as fact.

Come on, we all know what Clucas earns a week, how much he's asking for from Burnley, which signings Jenkins is responsible for etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024