Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our U23's 16:37 - Aug 6 with 1129 viewsAl_Bundy

Early doors but we appear to be rebuilding without really tapping into the U23's. We are bringing in bought or loaned players from this age group so is there really a quality gap between the U23's and the Championship?
Our U23's on 16:50 - Aug 6 with 1069 viewsA_Fans_Dad

There are a few that would probably good enough with a decent run.
Byers
James
Lewis
with the possibility of couple of others that could certainly help in cups etc.
Harries
Evans j.
Cullen
Technically Ollie, Roberts & Dhanda are classed as U23s
Our U23's on 17:00 - Aug 6 with 1025 viewsawayjack

Yes big gap between U23 and championship. A few gems possibly but overall teams more league 1 / conference level.
Our U23's on 17:02 - Aug 6 with 1021 viewsjasper_T

There's a big gap between the Championship and u23s football, but it's not one that can't be bridged quickly with opportunity. Joel Asoro was in the same position as our young wingers until Sunderland's collapse gave him a run of games last season, and he's engineered a big money move out of it (even if Sunderland fans weren't happy with the idea of him leading their line in League One before he jumped ship).

We had a very good u23s side last season (older than average it must be said, City's team were relative babies), so on the surface it might be disappointing to see the likes of Dhanda and Asoro come in and be fast-tracked into the first team ahead of Byers and James. But Byers got injured early in preseason, opening the door for Dhanda, and Potter's team have been tracking Asoro for years so know him better than they do any of our lads, so it makes sense.

Joe Rodon was on the bench on Saturday. Maric travelled with the team to cover for late withdrawals. Byers is fit again now so hopefully will get himself involved. It's a long season so I'm sure a few will get a chance like Connor did last season, and hopefully some will push on and make a name for themselves.
Our U23's on 17:11 - Aug 6 with 992 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Our U23's on 17:02 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

There's a big gap between the Championship and u23s football, but it's not one that can't be bridged quickly with opportunity. Joel Asoro was in the same position as our young wingers until Sunderland's collapse gave him a run of games last season, and he's engineered a big money move out of it (even if Sunderland fans weren't happy with the idea of him leading their line in League One before he jumped ship).

We had a very good u23s side last season (older than average it must be said, City's team were relative babies), so on the surface it might be disappointing to see the likes of Dhanda and Asoro come in and be fast-tracked into the first team ahead of Byers and James. But Byers got injured early in preseason, opening the door for Dhanda, and Potter's team have been tracking Asoro for years so know him better than they do any of our lads, so it makes sense.

Joe Rodon was on the bench on Saturday. Maric travelled with the team to cover for late withdrawals. Byers is fit again now so hopefully will get himself involved. It's a long season so I'm sure a few will get a chance like Connor did last season, and hopefully some will push on and make a name for themselves.

Dan James Goal on his 1st team debut in the cup, although it was a lesser side, was actually a better goal than Dhanda's.
It will be all about opportunity and taking it with both hands for any of them.
Our U23's on 21:22 - Aug 6 with 771 viewsKilkennyjack

Our U23's on 16:50 - Aug 6 by A_Fans_Dad

There are a few that would probably good enough with a decent run.
Byers
James
Lewis
with the possibility of couple of others that could certainly help in cups etc.
Harries
Evans j.
Cullen
Technically Ollie, Roberts & Dhanda are classed as U23s

Its just Connor Roberts. Thats it.

I am not sure even that Gary Richards bloke would try to pretend that dhanda is one of our u23s !!
Our academy can only dream of producing A dhanda.

Beware of the Risen People

Our U23's on 21:31 - Aug 6 with 732 viewsjasper_T

Our U23's on 21:22 - Aug 6 by Kilkennyjack

Its just Connor Roberts. Thats it.

I am not sure even that Gary Richards bloke would try to pretend that dhanda is one of our u23s !!
Our academy can only dream of producing A dhanda.

George Byers is going to knock Dhanda down the pecking order sharpish (yeah we didn't produce him either I know).
Our U23's on 22:26 - Aug 6 with 658 viewsKilkennyjack

Our U23's on 21:31 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

George Byers is going to knock Dhanda down the pecking order sharpish (yeah we didn't produce him either I know).

Hi Jasper - you know your onions pal, so I look forward to seeing this happen 👍

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024