Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conservative party racist again 17:44 - Aug 6 with 6948 viewsbuilthjack

Boris Johnson racist towards Islam and Muslin women.
Is that Ok?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Conservative party racist again on 20:53 - Aug 8 with 1053 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Conservative party racist again on 20:47 - Aug 8 by exiledclaseboy

You’re kidding right? Bluey is a one man outrage machine when it comes to all things Jewish. I dint blame him of course, he’s got a vested interest. He’s also a massive hypocrite. And a cardiffian.

perhaps he wears a suit

divide & conquer

Its Been going on for centuries

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Conservative party racist again on 20:55 - Aug 8 with 1046 viewssherpajacob

Conservative party racist again on 18:50 - Aug 8 by bluey_the_blue

It's amazing.

Johnson makes yet another shit comment as a jokey comment; righteous fury.

Lady Nugee, who previous said she'd not want someone with a burqa treating her child as she'd want to see her face, Sadiq Khan's comments against the Burqa... hmm, relative silence.

The main whiner is Baroness Warsi - fired as Tory party chairman for incompetence, whines about Boris increasing "hate crimes" whilst not considering her past homophobic comments could increase crimes against gays...

Lady Nugee's comments...

“I wouldn’t want my four year old looked after by somebody wearing a burka. I wouldn’t want my elderly mum looked after by somebody wearing a burka. They need to be able to show their face. I wouldn’t mind if they worked in records in the hospital.”

Perhaps people can explain the lack of complaints about that?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 19:02]

" Baroness Warsi - fired as Tory party chairman for incompetence, "

Feck me, that's saying something.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Conservative party racist again on 21:03 - Aug 8 with 1031 viewsbluey_the_blue

Conservative party racist again on 20:47 - Aug 8 by exiledclaseboy

You’re kidding right? Bluey is a one man outrage machine when it comes to all things Jewish. I dint blame him of course, he’s got a vested interest. He’s also a massive hypocrite. And a cardiffian.

Well, you say vested interest, I say until you actually see or encounter anti-semitism of all sorts then it's a completely different matter.

Guilty to being on the side of Israel and Jews, guilty to being a Cardiffian but reject the other claim.

Top level Labourites ( Lady Nugee, Kahn et al ) have spoken out about the Burqha. There are many arguments against it which I agree with - those arguments aren't because "well, they are Muslims".

My point is that BoJo made a crass comment which is being spun into a racist context. As a Muslim co-worker said to me today - "He's a prat - could at least have made it a funny remark like claiming they look like Cylons from the original Battlestar Galactica".

BoJos comment was no more racist than that of Lady Nugee saying she'd not want someone wearing a Burkha looking after her 4 year old. Or Sadiq Khan's comments on Burkhas.

The difference was BoJos delivery where in his usual style he tried to make a funny to make the views come across better to people. He's out of cabinet and quite frankly I'd not vote for him as PM - would still vote Tory ( not that it has much effect where I live ) but not for him as PM.
Conservative party racist again on 21:07 - Aug 8 with 1027 viewslondonlisa2001

Conservative party racist again on 21:03 - Aug 8 by bluey_the_blue

Well, you say vested interest, I say until you actually see or encounter anti-semitism of all sorts then it's a completely different matter.

Guilty to being on the side of Israel and Jews, guilty to being a Cardiffian but reject the other claim.

Top level Labourites ( Lady Nugee, Kahn et al ) have spoken out about the Burqha. There are many arguments against it which I agree with - those arguments aren't because "well, they are Muslims".

My point is that BoJo made a crass comment which is being spun into a racist context. As a Muslim co-worker said to me today - "He's a prat - could at least have made it a funny remark like claiming they look like Cylons from the original Battlestar Galactica".

BoJos comment was no more racist than that of Lady Nugee saying she'd not want someone wearing a Burkha looking after her 4 year old. Or Sadiq Khan's comments on Burkhas.

The difference was BoJos delivery where in his usual style he tried to make a funny to make the views come across better to people. He's out of cabinet and quite frankly I'd not vote for him as PM - would still vote Tory ( not that it has much effect where I live ) but not for him as PM.

It’s not a crass comment. It was a newspaper article written with thought.

It was deliberately offensive and Johnson is offensive.

And there is no delivery. It was an article. Not an off the cuff remark. Read. Reread. Proofed. Deliberate.
Conservative party racist again on 21:10 - Aug 8 with 1019 viewsbluey_the_blue

Conservative party racist again on 20:55 - Aug 8 by sherpajacob

" Baroness Warsi - fired as Tory party chairman for incompetence, "

Feck me, that's saying something.

Well...

Warsi conveniently forgets her homophobic comments.

Let's not forget she failed to get elected, having been selected as part of the A list. Let's not ignore her claims that gay lifestyles were being pushed on kids in schools from the age of 7, claimed Labour lowering age of consent for homosexuals was "allowing schoolchildren to be propositioned for homosexual relationships". Not really got much of a moral platform tbh.

There's certainly a debate to be had about the Burkha. Warsi represents the type of person who wants to kill any such debate stone dead.
Conservative party racist again on 21:13 - Aug 8 with 1010 viewsbluey_the_blue

Conservative party racist again on 21:07 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

It’s not a crass comment. It was a newspaper article written with thought.

It was deliberately offensive and Johnson is offensive.

And there is no delivery. It was an article. Not an off the cuff remark. Read. Reread. Proofed. Deliberate.

BoJos delivery style is to try to use "humour" to defuse any anger. It fails because h'es as funny as an unfunny thing.

I just don't get how people can claim his article was any more offensive than Lady Nugee's comments?
Conservative party racist again on 21:15 - Aug 8 with 1004 viewsNeath_Jack

Conservative party racist again on 20:40 - Aug 8 by Lohengrin

”And it goes without saying that if he’d made a similarly ‘jokey’ comment about Jewish people you’d have been up in arms about it. And rightly so.

No he wouldn’t. Bluey isn’t a nutter nor is he absurdly touchy. Jewish attire forms the basis of an entire comedic sub-culture, mun!

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Conservative party racist again on 21:18 - Aug 8 with 993 viewsexiledclaseboy

Conservative party racist again on 21:03 - Aug 8 by bluey_the_blue

Nope. You’re wrong. I’ve already explained the difference. You just ignored it. The King of Whataboutery.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Conservative party racist again on 21:20 - Aug 8 with 986 viewsexiledclaseboy

Conservative party racist again on 21:13 - Aug 8 by bluey_the_blue

BoJos delivery style is to try to use "humour" to defuse any anger. It fails because h'es as funny as an unfunny thing.

I just don't get how people can claim his article was any more offensive than Lady Nugee's comments?

If that last sentence is something you genuinely believe then you’re clearly not thinking straight.

And her name is Emily Thornberry. Your insistence on using the married styling that she herself doesn’t use is pathetic.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 21:23]

Conservative party racist again on 21:24 - Aug 8 with 973 viewslondonlisa2001

Conservative party racist again on 21:13 - Aug 8 by bluey_the_blue

You can’t see any difference between someone saying that they believe that seeing someone’s face is an important part of communication and trust and comparing them to a post box or bank robber?

Seriously?

That’s just ridiculous.
Conservative party racist again on 21:26 - Aug 8 with 966 viewslondonlisa2001

Conservative party racist again on 21:20 - Aug 8 by exiledclaseboy

If that last sentence is something you genuinely believe then you’re clearly not thinking straight.

And her name is Emily Thornberry. Your insistence on using the married styling that she herself doesn’t use is pathetic.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 21:23]

And, ironically, a symbol of oppression of women, given Bluey now so passionately cares about it.

This country is genuinely beginning to sicken me, it really is. Both extremes are as bad as each other.
Conservative party racist again on 21:33 - Aug 8 with 947 viewsbluey_the_blue

Conservative party racist again on 21:18 - Aug 8 by exiledclaseboy

Nope. You’re wrong. I’ve already explained the difference. You just ignored it. The King of Whataboutery.

Didn't ignore it, didn't see it - at time of last reply, your post was on previous page.

"Thornberry raised a valid point that patients being treated at a hospital have the right to expect to be able to see the face of the person treating them. It aids communication and trust amd was a reasonable addition to an ongoing debate. "

So hospitals, care industry are thus the only industries where communication, trust are aided by seeing someone's face?

The Burkha by it's nature removes non-verbal communication to a large degree. How would her argument not apply to the Banking sector, Defence sector, hell many other sectors?

"Sadiq Khan asked whether burka wearers should be allowed to remain veiled when using public services. Again, a valid point in what is a valid debate. "

that was only part of his comments.

the bits you missed were :-

"“When I was younger you didn’t see people in hijabs and niqabs, not even in Pakistan when I visited my family. In London we got on. People dressed the same. What you see now are people born and raised here who are choosing to wear the jilbab [a loose gown] or niqab.

“There is a question to be asked about what is going on in those homes. What’s insidious is if people are starting to think it is appropriate to treat women differently or that it has been forced on them. What worries me is children being forced to adopt a lifestyle.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/14/sadiq-khan-question-to-be-asked

"Johnson said that women who wear burkas look like letterboxes amd bank robbers. It’s dehumanising language so beloved of the current populist movement on the right and it’s no surprise that Boris has been spending a lot of time with Bannon recently. If you can’t see the difference or are happy to ignore it to practice yet another bout of “yeah but not but what about labour” then I pity you."

I've pointed out it's been yet another example of his where he's used "humour" over a serious point. His article would have been a lot better if he'd not tried to be Captain Comedy. I'm glad he's no longer in the cabinet and hope to god he never leads the Tory party...

BoJo stands and falls on his own comments. I've no love for the guy. You seem to think I'm justifying his shit attempts at humour to lighten his point. They are crass and entirely unhelpful.

Pointing out the double standards within Labour hardly defends BoJo. It's more aimed at pointing out the hypocracy of the many on the left.
Conservative party racist again on 21:37 - Aug 8 with 941 viewsbluey_the_blue

Conservative party racist again on 21:24 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

You can’t see any difference between someone saying that they believe that seeing someone’s face is an important part of communication and trust and comparing them to a post box or bank robber?

Seriously?

That’s just ridiculous.

Seeing someone's face is of course an important part of communication and trust ( although that wasn't the only thing Khan said ). That applies to many areas not just the care profession.

The sentiment that Thornberry wouldn't want her kid, mum treated by someone wearing a Burkha is pretty disgraceful, I dunno, maybe you'd want your family receiving the best possible care irrespective of what they wear, eh?

BoJo yet again f*cked up by trying to be Captain Comedy. The article could easily have been a lot better if he;d cut that shit out and focused on valid arguments against the Burkha.
Conservative party racist again on 21:46 - Aug 8 with 926 viewsLohengrin

Conservative party racist again on 21:26 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

And, ironically, a symbol of oppression of women, given Bluey now so passionately cares about it.

This country is genuinely beginning to sicken me, it really is. Both extremes are as bad as each other.

What are you saying? A woman taking her husband’s name in marriage is a form of oppression?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Conservative party racist again on 21:51 - Aug 8 with 915 viewsbluey_the_blue

Conservative party racist again on 21:46 - Aug 8 by Lohengrin

What are you saying? A woman taking her husband’s name in marriage is a form of oppression?

I'm more annoyed my wife would rather taken my name than my credit card bills ;)

For the easily offended, that was intended as a joke, ergo the smiley... I wouldn't change my wife for the world. Well, maybe for staying up this season. *

* Again for the mildly offended, another bad joke.
Conservative party racist again on 21:57 - Aug 8 with 909 viewsLohengrin

Conservative party racist again on 21:51 - Aug 8 by bluey_the_blue

I'm more annoyed my wife would rather taken my name than my credit card bills ;)

For the easily offended, that was intended as a joke, ergo the smiley... I wouldn't change my wife for the world. Well, maybe for staying up this season. *

* Again for the mildly offended, another bad joke.

As I was telling my right-on daughter the other day, Bluey, I’m all for gender equality but I’d be fuming if her Mother refused to go in the river and retrieve for me if the Spaniel wasn’t feeling well enough to go on a shoot...

Conservative party racist again on 22:04 - Aug 8 with 899 viewsexiledclaseboy

I doubt it. For me it’s about a third arty deliberately referring to someone by a name that isn’t theirs. I have at least two friends who didn’t take their husbands’ names or use the “Mrs”styling. No one refers to them as Mrs Husband’s Name cow that’s not their name. Emily Thornberry wasn’t Mrs Emily Nugee before her husband was knighted so she’s not Lady Nugee now. That’s her choice,no one else’s.

Conservative party racist again on 22:40 - Aug 8 with 849 viewsLohengrin

Conservative party racist again on 22:04 - Aug 8 by exiledclaseboy

I doubt it. For me it’s about a third arty deliberately referring to someone by a name that isn’t theirs. I have at least two friends who didn’t take their husbands’ names or use the “Mrs”styling. No one refers to them as Mrs Husband’s Name cow that’s not their name. Emily Thornberry wasn’t Mrs Emily Nugee before her husband was knighted so she’s not Lady Nugee now. That’s her choice,no one else’s.

Keyboard acting up?

Conservative party racist again on 23:11 - Aug 8 with 825 viewslondonlisa2001

No. I’m not saying that. As it happens there is a bloody good argument that it is but I’m not making that argument in this case.

But a man refusing to accept a woman’s choice to retain her own name in preference to that of her husband certainly is oppression.

Isn’t that the point of Boris Johnson’s argument? That those women don’t have choice, free will, freedom of expression? And yet, when a woman does have that choice and free will, it’s not respected.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Conservative party racist again on 00:02 - Aug 9 with 798 viewsDJack

Conservative party racist again on 19:43 - Aug 8 by Flashberryjack

No f*ckers gonna force my wife to wear a Burka

...apart from you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Conservative party racist again on 00:44 - Aug 9 with 778 viewsLeonWasGod

Conservative party racist again on 18:50 - Aug 8 by bluey_the_blue

It's amazing.

Johnson makes yet another shit comment as a jokey comment; righteous fury.

Lady Nugee, who previous said she'd not want someone with a burqa treating her child as she'd want to see her face, Sadiq Khan's comments against the Burqa... hmm, relative silence.

The main whiner is Baroness Warsi - fired as Tory party chairman for incompetence, whines about Boris increasing "hate crimes" whilst not considering her past homophobic comments could increase crimes against gays...

Lady Nugee's comments...

“I wouldn’t want my four year old looked after by somebody wearing a burka. I wouldn’t want my elderly mum looked after by somebody wearing a burka. They need to be able to show their face. I wouldn’t mind if they worked in records in the hospital.”

Perhaps people can explain the lack of complaints about that?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 19:02]

Fair points in the main, but it wasn’t a shitty joke gone wrong. He’s deliberately courting a certain audience. Don’t fall for the Boris Bafoon act - he knows what he’s doing. No coincidence he’s playing more of a popularist, further right card now he’s taking advice from Bannon.
Conservative party racist again on 15:04 - Aug 10 with 660 viewswestwalesed

I haven't scrolled through the whole conversation, but my view for what its worth is that

a) Islam is not a race, its a religion, so how can he be a racist? and
b) we should be able to live in a society where you can be offensive as you want to religions and ideologies; and
c) he was actually supporting the right of Muslim women to wear the face-veil in public.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Conservative party racist again on 15:38 - Aug 10 with 653 viewsjacksfullaces

Conservative party racist again on 15:04 - Aug 10 by westwalesed

I haven't scrolled through the whole conversation, but my view for what its worth is that

a) Islam is not a race, its a religion, so how can he be a racist? and
b) we should be able to live in a society where you can be offensive as you want to religions and ideologies; and
c) he was actually supporting the right of Muslim women to wear the face-veil in public.

same here, not scrolled through the whole conversation but got to be more interesting than the usual nonsense on the football threads.

I had been mulling this over, no fan of Johnson or his likely political reasons for saying what he said, he does most things for a reason and it will appeal to a base he wants as a foundation for a leadership bid.

But, in a secular society, why can't we offend people of any religion or no religion about their belief systems. I see no difference to choosing your religion than I do a football club, and have no problems with people hurling abuse at me about my choice of that.

In fact based on the nonsense on some of the football threads its clear people probably have a whole in built belief system about their football club that is probably more personal than their religious beliefs. probably why people seem to allow other posters really wind them up.

anyway, back on point, you CHOOSE religion in this country, thereby you can be questioned or mocked. walk away if you don't like it, argue your corner if you want. all good.

so back on Boris the buffoon, a clever guy, a nasty guy, the worst kind - but don't like what he says, mock him back. that shouldn't be too hard.
Conservative party racist again on 16:02 - Aug 10 with 639 viewswestwalesed

Conservative party racist again on 15:38 - Aug 10 by jacksfullaces

same here, not scrolled through the whole conversation but got to be more interesting than the usual nonsense on the football threads.

I had been mulling this over, no fan of Johnson or his likely political reasons for saying what he said, he does most things for a reason and it will appeal to a base he wants as a foundation for a leadership bid.

But, in a secular society, why can't we offend people of any religion or no religion about their belief systems. I see no difference to choosing your religion than I do a football club, and have no problems with people hurling abuse at me about my choice of that.

In fact based on the nonsense on some of the football threads its clear people probably have a whole in built belief system about their football club that is probably more personal than their religious beliefs. probably why people seem to allow other posters really wind them up.

anyway, back on point, you CHOOSE religion in this country, thereby you can be questioned or mocked. walk away if you don't like it, argue your corner if you want. all good.

so back on Boris the buffoon, a clever guy, a nasty guy, the worst kind - but don't like what he says, mock him back. that shouldn't be too hard.

I think there could well be an element of Boris playing to the crowd, in fact, I've no doubt about it, but Islam is a religion, Islamism is a Political ideology and both should be open to criticism, ridicule, mockery and anything else. Accusing someone of being a racist when they do just that is simply an attempt to shut down the debate, pushing people to the fringes. It's why the far right is (cleverly) hijacking the concept of free speech.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Conservative party racist again on 16:07 - Aug 10 with 638 viewsjacksfullaces

Conservative party racist again on 16:02 - Aug 10 by westwalesed

I think there could well be an element of Boris playing to the crowd, in fact, I've no doubt about it, but Islam is a religion, Islamism is a Political ideology and both should be open to criticism, ridicule, mockery and anything else. Accusing someone of being a racist when they do just that is simply an attempt to shut down the debate, pushing people to the fringes. It's why the far right is (cleverly) hijacking the concept of free speech.

Agreed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024